Demon Jeon

Switch!

“Demon Jeon”. When one hears of the name, he cringes in fear. This was what they call the monster in their school; the monster who  rules the dark souls that lingers beyond their premises. By dark souls, meaning the student delinquents. By monster, meaning the youngmiddle-school female student who has, in her hands, the fear of everyone and even the loyalty of tough and strong delinquents. 

♪♪♪

Her name is Jeon Hyosung, the “Demon Jeon” that everyone feared. Ever since she entered the school, she’s been stirring up trouble for the principal and the teachers. Even though she was a girl, she was the strongest one in the bunch. No man could defeat her through physical means. As time grew, she was undisturbed by everyone. They let her rule the rotten school. 

 

Busan Grounds Middle School was the bottommost middle school in Busan. In its first 8 years, it had been running well with enough  facilities and proper lesson plans to teach the students. However, the founder principal had suddenly died due to an accident.  The heir of the school was still in his early 20’s. With no other choice, the school was left with him. As what they expected,the management became too lacking. The budget wasn’t wisely distributed thus the school’s facilities went down. Everything went amiss. 

 

Jeon Hyosung’s family transferred to Busan because of business affairs. She herself chose to enroll in the run-down school. It was the perfect place for her mischiefs. She had no intention of ever trying to learn anything more. 

 

As soon as she entered, the teachers were bothered by her naughty behavior. However, the principal, who lost his ambitions and his goals, couldn’t do anything about it. The teachers didn’t exert effort to correct her ways, too. 

All they cared was their own salaries. Jeon Hyosung’s father was always informed by her actions. But even her family never took action.  Thus, the whole school gave up on her.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Ring Ring. Ring Ring.“Aughh..” she moaned. Ring Ring. Ring Ring. “Huhmm..” Ring Ring. Ring Ri- THUD. 

The ringing alarm stopped as she threw her clock across the floor, breaking the newly-bought material. She quickly curled up under her blanket, with no intention to wake up.

 

“Madam hyosung, you have to wake up. You’re gonna be late for class!” one of the butlers shouted from outside her room.

 

Hyosung didn’t move an inch, making her snoring noises louder. 

 

The butler unlocked the room door with a key handed to him by the father and let himself in. He pulled off Hyosung’s blanket with brute force shouting “Wake up!”

 

“YAH! YOU!” She grabbed his collar and tried punching his chest. To her surprise, his face wasn’t struggling unlike the previous days.  The butler said “I’m wearing a protective vest beneath the shirt. I learn quickly, you see. You can’t hurt me, now” he smiled with his  eyes disappearing into a thin line. 

 

She raised her eyebrows and groaned. Hyosung put an end to his smile by kicking his knees. “Augh!” he shouted, falling to the ground.

 

“I can also kick you anywhere else, you know. Even...there.” she pointed to his private part. 

 

The butler’s eyes widened and let out a chuckle. “Ahhh madam Hyosung, don’t act like this... I’m just doing my job...It’s for your own good!” 

 

She sighed. “But I’m really sleepy, you know where I’ve been last night, don’t you? Why can’t you understand?”

 

The butler frowned and scratched his head. “I know.....you were computing the income and profit from the past months  in the family business...I know you’re tired, especially when you’re still so young....... I know how you feel, too. But you still have to, dear.  I’m sorry.” he patted her back.

 

“Fine Fine! I’m going to that school already. Leave my room now. Where did you get those keys anyway? Ugh, probably my father.  He doesn’t even care much for me. He makes me go through all that work, yet he doesn’t even make me lunch or anything.”

 

“But we make lunch for you, though.” he replied

 

“It’s different. Ugh, just go. You don’t understand since you don’t--” she stopped.

 

“It’s okay, I know what you’re trying to say. I don’t have a family like you.” the butler let out a sigh.

 

Deep inside, she felt guilty for bringing that up. She looked into his eyes and said “Nope, We’re the same. I might have a family.  But they’re only present physically. They are never here for me. It’s as if I don’t have a family at all.”

 

“...what about us? I think of you as my family. I’m just a butler but...I really care for you. S-So you don’t have to worry.” He said.

 

Hyosung paused for a while. “Whatever. If that’s what you want, fine. You may go now. Hakyeon-ah.”

 

“Yes, Madam Hyosung. Oh, and....Happy Birthday.” He smiled.

♪♪♪

The butler was named Hakyeon. In the household, everyone calls him N. But hyosung prefers to call him Hakyeon. He was an orphan,  as hyosung implied. Her family took him in as a family’s butler. He was a year younger than hyosung. Her family hired him because they  thought hyosung could be handled better with someone around her age. Hakyeon was her closest butler. Although Hakyeon was hired by her father, he always took hyosung’s side. Secretly, he would go against the master’s orders in order to comfort hyosung.

Hyosung as a child didn’t have anyone as a friend. Her father made her practice everything he wanted for her. He trained her young body  to do martial arts, taekwondo, kungfu and karate. This was the reason why Hyosung came to become “Demon Jeon”.  Ever since she was young, she was trained to make herself strong.  She was too busy with training that she couldn’t enjoy her childhood. She couldn’t play with other kids.  That’s why she never had any close friends. 

 

When she finished her training, she was then made to work in their family business. She didn’t have time for herself, just her  father’s wishes.

 

 When a time came for the family to join the neighborhood’s gathering, she was so excited. Her heart was pumping for she finally could  meet other kids. But when they got there, the kids were told by their parents not to approach her. They avoided her sight and went as far  away from her. 

 

Like any child, her heart became weak. She realized her life was inside a cage. She broke down in tears.  There was one kid who talked to her, but his parents took him away. She was left all alone in the corner, waiting for someone to notice. Everyone noticed all right, but they  didn’t take any action. It was all because of her family’s influence.

 

Her family was too powerful that others didn’t want to cause trouble for them. In fact, her family was the nation’s richest. Because of such,  the people were afraid of getting close to them. Any error could lead to their imprisonment. 

 

Hyosung was disturbed. She went by the neighborhood’s gathering like a leaf. She stood there as if she didn’t exist.  But she didn’t want to back down. She didn’t want to lose to her father’s wishes.  Right then, she realized that although she was trapped in a cage all her life, she was like any bird.  And like any bird, she wishes to become free. To achieve her freedom, she needed to build up hard work.  Until she could do so, that’s the time she can be free.

 

She wiped her tears and vowed for a better life. 

 

Hyosung became the strong-willed girl she is. She showed no sign of weakness. She hasn’t showed tears in front of anyone ever since.

 

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

She went to school riding a bike. Her family always prepared a car for her but she never uses it. She didn't want to expose her family background. Even the information on her form was all wrong. When the school contacted her family, a butler would be answering it pretending to be her father. 

 

♪♪♪

 

Thinking that this day would be another bust, she made a left turn as she entered the school. 

"Cutting classes again?" a violet-haired delinquent asked her. He recently dyed his hair.

 


Who could be the violet haired delinquent? How do you like it so far? It's still an introduction so tune in!