Make-over?

Switch!

 

"the gray duck...ling certainly wasn't...pretty....and since he ate far more than his brothers...

"Wow, your english is good!" Kikwang said, bending his body to the squated hyosung.

Hyosung was startled, closing the book she just read. "What, No! I don't speak english, I-I mean I can't read it." 

She was trying to lie, to cover up what she just did. Her english skills were practiced ever since she was forced to work in their business. Language was important in business communication, thus her father had made all of his sons and daughter to study it. And she didn't want to reveal to anyone that she had these skills because it might reveal her family background.

"But I clearly heard you. Hey, I can read english too!" he took the book, opened it and started reading from where hyosung stopped.

"he was outgrowing them. As the days went by, the poor ugly duckling became unhappy." 

He stopped, and said to hyosung "Why don't we read it together?"

"U-uh, no. It's okay, I don't want to read it anymore..... You are very fluent in english, where did you learn it?"

"Me? well, I was taught by my mother before, who was a businesswoman. She made me learn english and when she was gone, I continued studying on my own. But the reason why I continued was because of my dream. I want to become a lawyer. To become one, I had to learn english because of the specific requirements" kikwang's eyes were full of passion. 

"Y-You have a nice dream. Your mom.... must've been really proud of you." hyosung said with jealousy

"Yeah well....she's not by my side anymore...my mom and my dad are both gone...." kikwang wore a frown.

Hyosung couldn't respond. She felt sad for him. "I...m sorry..."

"You know why? Because they were trapped in prison. They were framed by a hideous crime. and they soon passed away. I couldn't even say goodbye...Because of that, I had to become a lawyer. I wanted to become a just and rightful lawyer who can help those who need justice. I have a little sis too, and I'm the only one she got. I wouldn't let anything happen to her." he had a subtle expression

"what about you? what's your dream?" kikwang asked hyosung

Hyosung couldn't answer, because she didn't have one. A dream? What is mine? hyosung thought. She left kikwang hanging in a gaze.

"I don't know yet...that's why I'm envious of you. You have a goal." she said depressingly.

"Don't worry, Life is about finding your goal, and trying to achieve it....I hope you find yours, and make sure it's what you want..." kikwang replied. Hyosung was struck by his words. Not even his father had inspired him so much. 

"But....Why? Why are you in this school? Busan Grounds is the worst, you wouldn't achieve anything here." she asked.

"I suppose so. Well, I'm not gonna be here forever. The school doesn't matter anyways, as long as you try your best, you can achieve something."

He's not gonna be here forever? What does he mean? Hyosung wondered. 

 

"SPEAK! DON'T JUST STAND THERE." they heard noises from outside. 

Hyosung stood up, but kikwang stopped her. "Don't! Those must be delinquents, they're gonna kill you if you meddle with them." he said.

Hyosung realized that kikwang didn't know she was the head of those delinquents. She followed what he said.

".....Do you hate those kinds of people?" she bravely asked.

"Hm? Uhh....well yeah. They keep causing trouble for everyone. It's really a bad thing....right?"

Hyosung felt lightning struck throughout her body. "Uh..yeah..."

"Well, it seems they're gone by now. We should go, we'll be late for class." kikwang quickly said. 

"O-okay..." hyosung replied. We still don't know each other's names. except for me. she thought.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

Days passed. Ever since then, she hasn't been talking to kikwang. Whenever she saw him, she would go to the other direction to avoid him. But her eyes stay on him. All she could do was stare at him from afar. She kept denying what she felt. Often their eyes would meet, kikwang would smile at her, while hyosung would just shift her eyes and pretend she didn't see him. She completely avoided her, not even passing by the library or by his classroom. And days passed without her seeing him.

She came home after a late night's work at the business station. Hakyeon who heard her steps quickly prepared a drink.

"Have you eaten already? Here, drink."

"Yeah, I ate ramen." she took the drink quickly.

"Ramen? that's not enough. Shall I prepare you a meal?"

"It's okay. I'm fine." she replied.

"Okay, I will leave now then....." hakyeon said with hesitation. Hyosung noticed he had something to say.

"What is it? tell me your thoughts."

"Oh, um...I noticed last few weeks that you've been very...happy. although you never smile, but your actions imply it. But...after that, it disappeared again. I was just wondering what had made you grumpy again." hakyeon said.

".....you're mistaken. I was never 'happy' as you said..... I'm my normal self" hyosung replied.

"....but madam, with all respect, you were never your normal self. in fact, you haven't found your 'self'." hyosung raised an eyebrow. "What i mean is....please take off your mask. and try living freely. whatever thing that changed you the last few weeks, please find it again. I'm saying this out of concern. S-so, that's all. I shall leave." hakyeon bowed and left, scratching his head.

Hyosung understood what he meant. She realized she couldn't take it anymore, she had to face him.

 

♪♪♪♪

 

(classroom)

Himchan was talking to a girl with short straight hair. Yongguk was sitting in his chair with a grumpy mood. 

"Yah, Yonggukkie, That girl I was talking to totally likes you. I'm pretty sure she got close to me because she wants me to introduce her to you." Himchan approached yongguk.

"What? how would you know that?" yongguk replied.

"Her eyes tell it all. She kept glancing at your direction. Don't you know me? I'm an expert at girl's feelings." he said.

"W-whatever. She'll probably be scared of me, still." yongguk said. Then he noticed a dark aura forming by the door. He turned around and saw Demon Jeon, everyone in the class became so afraid.

"Yah, why's she here? Everyone's frozen because of her." he said.

"Oh? she's here. Let me talk to her." Himchan replied.

"Hm? I thought you hate her?" yongguk asked.

"...well, it turns out she's just a pure innocent girl who was born with strong hands.." he smiled.

"Is she?" yongguk wondered.

 

"Demon Jeon~ you're heree. Let's talk somewhere else, my classmates are becoming afraid...." they went further into the corridors

"so what's wrong?" Himchan asked.

"What should I do...? What should I do!!??" hyosung broke down.

"Calm down! what happened?" 

"He says he dislike delinquents, that means he'll totally hate me! ottoke himchan-ah?!" hyosung panicked.

"Yah, I'm a sunbae! don't talk down on me!" he replied.

"I'm older than you! A-ah...well....I've actually been held back before I entered this school." she confessed.

"Really? well, that's not surprising at all. Anyways, obviously he does! he's a nerd, and delinquents bully nerds! Ask yourself that."

Hyosung frowned and couldn't say anything.

A female student who had a shortened skirt, a pink flower headband, and lipglossed lips, walked passed them. Hyosung stared from head to toe, and glanced at her self with a messy hair, pale lips, and long skirt.

"Don't worry, I have a solution for you." Himchan winked and grabbed her hand. They decided to cut class for the whole morning.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

Yongguk became worried as he saw Himchan's empty seat beside him. "Where'd he go?" he wondered.

♪♪♪♪♪

 

"This is your solution?" she eyed the mirror. She got her hair tied up, and her skirt shortened above the knees.

"Well, we are not done yet. Now answer me. So what are your hobbies?"

"Um. I fight with the bull sometimes. It's really fun. Afterwards, I would go hiking in the mountains looking for rare animals. I also watch sport. then I-" 

"Stop. You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to be feminine. Those aren't what girls normally do. Seriously, who would fight with the bull at your age?!" Himchan scolded her.

"Fine fine. I read historical books. And I shop, and have my nails done every week."

"Wait! Don't make up stories that you don't do. What hobbies do you have that are feminine-ish?" He said.

"......me? well.....I can bake..." hyosung said.

"You bake? like cakes and breads?" himchan was surprised.

"Yeah, I have a neighbor who likes to eat, and I often make one for him. He sometimes tell my father the things I do that I shouldn't do, so I had to bake him cookies to shut him up..........was that good enough?" hyosung said.

That reminds me of someone I know. Daehyun. Himchan thought. "that was genuine! And I'm impressed, You're ready!" Himchan said.

"......Thank you..." they both went back to the school.

 

♪♪♪♪♪

 

Hyosung bravely approached the library. She entered and searched for kikwang. But she couldn't see him. 

"Teacher, where's that guy who always enters the library? Did he leave already?" she asked the librarian.

"Oh...well actually, he hasn't been visiting the library for 5 days already. I'm worried, the library is back to being empty." the librarian said sadly.

Hyosung was surprised to know that kikwang didn't even visit the library. It's too unusual. 

 

Hyosung went to kikwang's classroom, and randomly asked his classmate. The student couldn't even recognize that she was Demon Jeon. 

"Hey, where's Lee Kikwang? Can you call him up for me?" she asked.

"Lee kikwang? oh you mean nerd Kwang? Haven't you heard? He left the school. He transferred apparently." the student said.

Hyosung was disheartened. She felt as if a million of swords had stabbed her chest. Her whole thoughts became utterly dejected and she couldn't think too properly. 

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪

 


Ottoke?? he's gone T.T the next update will be really soon, so tune in!