Long time no see...

Switch!

 


 

With his cover blown, Hakyeon would now often visit Hyosung directly in the restaurant and would only order water each time. He'd sit there like a shadow. Almost every customer would not notice his presence. He seems like a completely different person, eyeing his previous master as she would deliver some orders. 

"I made this for you. Please eat up." Hyosung would often leave a plate of soup in his table to opt him to eat. Hakyeon, however, would not touch it; Every time this happens, he'd only give out the same words "I wasn't told to eat by my master."

So I'm not your master anymore? Is it father? What horrible things has he put Hakyeon into..? This is all my fault. Hyosung continues to blame herself.

This continued for a week. When it was time for Hyosung to go back to school early morning, Hakyeon was there. 

When she climbed down and saw him, it felt awkward. She wore a new uniform that Hakyeon, her old butler, hasn't washed, ironed and folded to which he enjoyed way back. At the same time, she wanted to show off to him that she learned how to do all those tasks for herself. But it was painful on her part, and she wondered if it was on his, too.

Old Lady told her "He's back again, really early, and this time he ordered water as always. You should eat at the kitchen, I already prepared your breakfast." 

Hyosung didn't move. She took a glance at Hakyeon and became frustrated. "....Old lady, I'm going now. I have no appetite to eat anything. Give the dish to that robot, don't let him pay." She rushed outside and ran as fast as she could. Hakyeon stood up seconds later after drinking the water.

Old lady called his attention. "You really will let her go to school without her eating breakfast?" 

Hakyeon paused and replied. "It's none of my concerns. Thankyou for the drink, I'll be leaving....you should worry about yourself." He went outside and followed her.

"hm?" Old lady was confused. Tch. Businessmen and their corrupted nature. Bless that youth; may she end in triumph. She was not expecting the day to be different.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

Kikwang patted Hyosung out of concern. "...Hakyeon..? Are you saying he's the culprit behind the cheating incident?"

Hyosung breathed heavily from tears and replied. "I'm sorry Kikwang....I'm really thankful for what you've done. But you don't need to get involved. Hakyeon is a decent man; Please don't hurt him."

".....I can't promise you that." Kikwang sighed. "Is this perhaps in connection to your family? Although I don't know much about them...But you know, if not your friends, you family can help you out too..."

Hyosung almost wanted to confess. But there was something stopping her. Hm?...why did he brought my family up..."There's nothing special about them. Uh Kikwang...It's almost lunch, I need to go to the bathroom. I'll see you later." She quickly bid goodbye and left.

 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

(In the bathroom)

"Why did I do that? I left him hanging there. That was stupid. But......perhaps it's the best choice. No matter who it is, I shouldn't.....trust anyone this time." Hyosung ranted. She almost forgot the decision she made during that day. Kikwang almost seem like an exception she should consider; but it would be unfair for her friends, who she even avoids to trust ever since. 

"I'm not the only 'friend' who has ill intentions" These were the words that also fills her thoughts everyday. Hyosung, as one who witnesses betrayals in the business field, hates to ignore such warnings. As soft-hearted she may have turned out, her self-centered thoughts are still present. If she gives out trust easily, then she may return to her father's cages. But it pains her to feel suspicious of her friends, who believed in her despite the cheating incident. 

The threat she's confronted with now is Hakyeon's plans. What will he do next? 

.............

The day continued like the usual. Ravi and the rest of the circle continued their plans; but were left at the same starting line. Sunhwa tried to extract details from Kikwang, but unexpectingly he says Hyosung is fine. 

Himchan and Yongguk gave up for the day and went to hang out.

Ravi was depressed and Ken was the one cheering his spirits up.

Kikwang asked his sister, Sunhwa, out for some ice cream, which she thought was so sudden but eventually agreed to do so.

Leo, on the other hand, was the only person left to lend Sunhwa's notes to Hyosung. She told him to give her the notes from this morning's class to hyosung so that she wouldn't be lost for tomorrow's pop quiz. 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

 

This was the moment. Hakyeon already started his plan B. And it involved a lot.

Approaching the shop, Hyosung felt a strange omen when she saw the 'Closed' sign up front. It was unusual for Old Lady to ever stop working, especially on a normal day like this. 

"Old lady? Zinger?" her voice echoed. Both of them were sitting with worried faces. "What's wrong? Why are we 'closed'?" A string of pain hit her when she saw the luggages in front. The two couldn't speak a word. A notice of 'evacuation' was what enlightened Hyosung on the whole situation. On the note, it says a certain company bought the lot where their shop was standing and so the whole residence is forced to leave. 

".....your family is really something, huh." Zinger remarked.

Hyosung crumpled the notice. "....They aren't my family, I'll tell you that." 

Her phone rang. It was Sunhwa calling.

"Hello?"

"Unnie...as the vice president, I was ordered to tell everyone that there are no classes for tomorrow, so you stay at home. I don't know why yet, the faculty just informed me suddenly. Take care!" 

"Okay...bye" This can't be....

Outside, Hakyeon watched as his previous beloved master crumbled. Suddenly, a hand poked his shoulders. When he turned around, he saw his old friend, Leo.

"Long time no see..." Leo slightly smiled.

Hakyeon did not expect to see him at this town. He saw the matching uniform he had with hyosung. "...Why are you here?" he asked.

Leo noticed the big change in his old friend. "to lend notes to hyosung....and you?"

He paused and became nervous. They still interact. Why did his father not inform us? "Why would you do that?....you never liked hyosung did you? and talking with the rebellious daughter of your father's business partner is bad news for your family. Why...?"

Leo realized Hakyeon's motives as he saw a glimpse of hyosung in sadness from the transparent window of the shop.

"Hyosung is my friend...." He noticed hakyeon flinch as he grew closer to him. "I thought she was yours?" Leo waited for his response, while he chewed his gum.

The butler was visibly perspiring; he saw how bad Leo's mood got. He closed his eyes and calmed himself. "I'm sorry, old friend. But I've got orders I need to fulfill."

"What about your duty as her friend?"

Hakyeon clenched his fist. "Leo, you will never understand. Why do you view me as the culprit here? I'm the victim..." He looked away.

"I understand. As an orphan, hyosung was the only one who truly cared for you and you cared for her even more. But she left selfishly and you were abandoned." Leo said.

"Exactly and I--" he was interrupted

"And now, you were adopted by a new master, Hyosung's father, who treats you none other than a mere puppet, and you enjoy it. You'd rather be with her selfish father than with Hyosung herself who's repented for her mistake. And you have literally no feelings of concern for her whenever you see her cry and make a fool out of herself. I understand it all well." he spit out his gum.

Hakyeon was hit so accurately by the arrow Leo has sent flying towards him. He pulled himself together away from Leo's remarks.

"....Because you are connected with her, you should prepare yourself for what's coming. As I am once indebted to you, I gave you this friendly warning."

"......Give these notes to her, that's all I ask" Leo sighed. He didn't enter the shop but instead he walked away and went with his own plans.

Hakyeon entered the shop and said his greetings. The three ladies didn't even bother to look.

"You know what to do, Hyosung. All of this can go away if you just come with me to your family." he says.

Zinger laughed. "Don't ever come with him, okay? We'll find a way together."

Hakyeon continued. "Then if you may, We've already assigned our men to do the job of evacuating your neighbors, and you as well if you don't leave by this point of time. There's another set of men coming for the breakdown of these buildings too, which will be 1 hour later. Might I remind you there's more chaos I've caused for your school which you'll experience by tomorrow. So, I'll be in front of the shop waiting if you change your mind." He stepped outside.

Zinger growled "Dirty ! don't worry about us!"

Old lady spoke "Let's move out...we can't do anything about this anymore. We've got plenty of money, at least we're not broke." 

Hyosung didn't move an inch. She shouted "but old lady! this shop is yours.......it contains so much memories.....you once told me....Isn't it your husband who build this shop for your dream of cooking? I can't let it happen....I can't let them tear it down...."

"I can't let you go back to your father either."

"But...I just can't leave..."

"Then you can stay...but we'll go grab an apartment for us to sleep in for tonight. I don't want to see it be broken down anyways."Old lady and Zinger left with their bags while Hyosung stayed.

Hakyeon was outside there to witness everything. He was like a wallflower eyeing on everyone, especially on his previous master. 

An hour later, the men who came to break the buildings came. 2 trucks were the first that arrived with more coming. Hyosung ran out and defended the shop as soon as she could.

"Stop hyosung, you can't do that with guys who have the weapons to hurt you. Just either give up, or come with me." hakyeon remarked.

She stood there in front with her arms stretched trying to stop the men. "Move, !" One with a horrible stench strongly pushed Hyosung away with his hands. She dropped to the cemented floor and got her knees wounded. Surprisingly she didn't punch or kick back whoever keep hurting her. She just kept meddling with the work of the men as she got pushed away in each time she did. She was covered in wounds that didn't really hurt or bother her but it annoyed the working men even more. One who was hot-tempered gave away his anger and grabbed a hammer to put an end to the distraction she caused. This, hyosung didn't mind receiving for she was the type who could endure anything. But Hakyeon, who witnessed everything could not bear to watch.

"Stop!" He grabbed the hammer from his hands and threw it away. "This was not the deal, you burning . No one is to be hurt in the process."

The hot-tempered muscleman laughed along with the rest of his buddies. "Look here, baby! You told us we can wreck these buildings and this girl here is meddling with work. And when I say I can hit her, I will. Get out of my sight or you'll be the one I'll smash." 

Hakyeon clenched his fists. "Then I hereby declare this deconstruction to be abolished. Now you get out of my sight, smelly insects."

Laying on the ground, Hyosung brightly smiled when she heard his words. Hakyeon....

The men groaned. "What the hell, man? We haven't even wrecked any one bit!"

"Well then, if we can't wreck these buildings, let's wreck this piece of right here." They all pointed to Hakyeon and started chasing for him. These men were of sick norms that hyosung's father picked up for cheap payment. They didn't really do this for the gold, but rather for the pleasure of destruction.

By then, Hyosung stood up and gave the sickly-minded men a glare from their nightmares. She started with the hot-tempered rust by blessing him with a tremendous blow to his neck. The rust quickly deteriorated to the ground with his buddies running for their lives.

"...I didn't need your help though." he asserted.

Hyosung ran to hug him tightly. "You are truly an angel. You still care for me after all I've done..!"

Hakyeon broke the hug. "I never said I did. I cancelled today's plans because it would violate my orders. Prepare yourself for tomorrow."

She smiled, ignoring his declarations. "You picked up my bag when I left it at the arcade; you still clean up after my failures. Your eyes never lie.... today...Even if I get beaten up, it would not violate your orders because... my father would not care; but you do, you care about my wellbeing." 

Hyosung knelt down. "I'm sorry Hakyeon for everything. I'm a spoiled master. yet you're the perfect butler.... so Please, you can live with us here hakyeon. I'll take care of it...would you be my butler again?"


 

Leave your comments! I appreciate it!

Who's your ship?

-fairy