Chapter 39

Our New Fate

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 39[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Soundtrack: “Kiss Me Slowly” - Parachute

[/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

 

When the days were long and the world was small

He stood by as it fell apart”

 

Nam Soon finished bringing the last box of products inside the convenience store. He wiped the sweat of his forehead, sighing in relief as he opened the first one, revealing a wide number of canned coffees that he proceeded to storage in the fridge.

His co-worker opened another box at his side full of junky food, and started organizing it on the shelfs. Nam Soon still didn't know him very well - their work shifts weren't the same most of the time. He was a bit older than Nam Soon, and a little shorter. But even if he didn't know him too well, Nam Soon already noticed that, unlike him, he liked to talk and specially say stupid jokes in inappropriate times. But he had to admit that he was quite a nice company during boring afternoons.

But today was not really one of them. Nam Soon couldn't stop thinking about this morning, about Heung Soo, his warm kisses and soft hands... And it was just impossible to hide the smile on his face. So was it, that even his co-worker, Kang Ki Young, noticed. He was staring at him strangely, since Nam Soon arrived, and obviously he just couldn't control his comment when Nam Soon laughed discreetly - but surely not discreet enough - for the second time.

“What happened? You seem so happy today,” he said, folding an empty box after they finished storing all the coffee cans. “Girlfriend?” he laughed with a ridiculous naughty smile, that Nam Soon had to control rolling his eyes at.

“No, it's nothing. I just had a good morning, that's all” he quickly answered, rushing to the cashier, in an attempt to get away from him quickly so he couldn't start asking more questions. However, Nam Soon did smile again as soon as he turned his back to him.

 

“I can see you there with the city lights

Fourteenth floor, pale blue eyes

I can breathe you in”

 

Heung Soo could barely concentrate on his work. His mind was still on that parking garage, on the words written all over his car - the curses, and all that hate. He was speechless and angry. For what reason did he receive such disgust?

But now that it happened to him, he felt like he could understand Nam Soon a little better... How he felt when he lost his job and the reason why he was not comfortable about him being too touchy in public. Maybe Nam Soon was right about being worried.

He checked the clock, and it was almost time to leave. He had to leave early today. Nam Soon couldn't possibly see his car like that, because he didn't want him to feel the same as he was feeling right now... Nam Soon definitely didn't need to go through the same thing. So, before he could notice it, Heung Soo would have to clean it.

He could drive to a gas station, but at the same time he doubted he would have the courage to do it. He would rather clean it himself at the parking lot. As long as Nam Soon didn't see it... He could do it.

 

“Well, I'm not sure what this is gonna be

But with my eyes closed all I see

Is the skyline, through the window

The moon above you and the streets below”

 

Nam Soon dropped over the couch as soon as he got home, relieved that his work shift finally ended.

He smiled to himself, still feeling excited about this morning. He still couldn't believe that all of this was really happening. It felt like a dream, and that he would wake up one day and Heung Soo wouldn't be there anymore.

He sat on the couch, turning on the television at a random channel. Today was asking for a beer, or soju, or any alcohol and ramen to go along. He headed back to the fridge, singing a korean rap that got stuck to his mind, and opened it, searching for a beer can, but apparently there was none left - neither beer, nor soju. He should have stopped at the supermarket but completely forgot about it.

He sighed, forgetting about his lonely drinking with ramen plans, and turned off the TV, heading out of the apartment and putting on the first shoes he found at the entrance door.

Heung Soo would take a while to come home, so he had enough time to go out and buy some stuff. Probably he would already be back and drink a can or two alone before the other arrived.

But Heung Soo couldn't work until late today. He couldn't let it get too dark, or it would be harder to clean his car. He looked outside, and it was a bit cloudy today. There was still some time before he could finish his work, and he knew he couldn't continue arriving late and leaving early... People would start to talk, it could reach his boss, and he definitely couldn't risk losing his job.

He checked the time again, and it felt like it had been hours when only some minutes had passed. He was afraid Nam Soon would find out, and he was also embarrassed that someone could see him cleaning his car with those words.

Even if it was not his fault, it was not a situation where he would just feel okay to go through. So, he was too anxious.

It was still one hour left until the end of the shift when he turned his computer off. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this, and that he would probably need to go to work earlier and stay late the next few days because of it. But today, he had a good reason.

He got all his stuff, and left without talking to anyone, hoping he wouldn't be noticed by his co-workers, and wishing they wouldn't be talking about it.

Nam Soon took longer than expected at the market. He got five bottles of soju, and some ramen packages on his hands. He was definitely not in a rush, and the walk home was really refreshing because of the wind.

He had just turned the corner of their apartment street, singing again that song that got stuck in his mind, when he saw Heung Soo. He had his work suitcase, but he was coming out of a taxi. Didn't he go with his car? Nam Soon tried calling him, but he was too far and Heung Soo left too fast.

Nam Soon didn't bother, and slowly reached their building, carrying too much bags to worry about running after him.

He called him again at the door, since he had his two hands busy with the bags, but even so Heung Soo didn't respond.

“Yah, bastard can you open the door?” Nam Soon cursed at him, but still he didn't get any response. He thought that at least the door would be unlocked, but for some reason that stupid Heung Soo locked it.

Nam Soon entered the apartment already cursing him, and dropped the bags over the counter. He thought Heung Soo might be taking a bath, or any other reasonable excuse for not answering him. But Heung Soo was not there.

Nam Soon called him again, but at this point he was sure that he hadn't came up to the apartment. Yet, Nam Soon was also sure that he saw him.

After locking the door behind him, he got his cellphone out of hid pocket, thinking there would be a message from him, but Heung Soo didn't even call him today.

“Where did you go?” Nam Soon wrote him, impatiently waiting for his answer.

However it took longer than he imagined it would. And the answer wasn't any better.

“Still at work. I’ll come home late.”

Nam Soon really couldn't tell how he felt. He sure lost his breath for a moment, and even if part of him sensed it should have a good explanation, he couldn't help getting angry because Heung Soo just lied. Why did he lie? He wanted to just curse at him and say that he saw him downstairs. Yet, he couldn't.

Because those feelings of insecurity reached up to him again. For what reason would he lie to him?

 

“Don't run away

And it's hard to love again

When the only way it's been

When the only love you know

Just walked away”

 

He was ashamed, angry, and tired. The ink took too long to remove, and it was painted everywhere. More than angry, he was also worried... Who would have done it? Why did he have to spend all night cleaning it while the one that did it was just laughing at him right now?

He wiped the sweat mixed with water from his forehead as he entered the apartment. It was past eleven... He was hungry and tired. It was much harder than he thought. But he just couldn't have driven his car to a gas station like that. This was the only way. At least there was no evidence left of what has been done to it and Nam Soon wouldn't find out about it.

He entered the apartment and was surprised to find all the lights off. He thought Nam Soon would still be awake and luckily they would still have some time to eat. But apparently he really took too long.

But Nam Soon was neither sleeping, nor awake waiting to eat with him. He was already in bed, with eyes closed, but he could hear Heung Soo arriving. Too late... It took too long. Where was he until now? He didn't even bother to send him a message.

So, when he came from the kitchen half and hour later, Nam Soon just pretended to be asleep. He didn't want to ask him and hear a lie, and he definitely didn't want to start an argument about it.

Tomorrow. He was sure he would explain him everything on the next day. But, right now, Nam Soon would just keep pretending to be asleep.

 

“Stay with me

Baby, stay with me

Tonight don't leave me alone”

 

Still, Nam Soon didn't talk to him the next day. Instead, he left before Heung Soo could wake up, and when he went back home from work Heung Soo still hadn't returned.

Heung Soo did message him right away, asking where he were, but Nam Soon was still angry. He knew he was being too childish, but he was also scared that Heung Soo wouldn't tell him, and keep lying about it.

Because Heung Soo lied before and after everything he made him go through in the last few months, he was still finding it hard to believe that Heung Soo truly accepted his feelings.

“We are going to that bar with your friends tonight, right?” Heung Soo sent him around five pm. Nam Soon had completely forgotten about it and he definitely didn't want go out today. Especially not with those two. Not when he was feeling like this.

“Yes,” he answered. He didn't wanna go, but he also didn't want to hear Heung Soo complaining about it, since he knew this was not supposed to be a question anyway.

 

“If it's something that you want

Darling you don't have to run

You don't have to go”

 

“What's wrong?” Heung Soo asked for what should be the fourth time that night, while Nam Soon was putting on his shoes at the entrance.

“I told you, you’re imagining things,“ Nam Soon complained, standing up and unlocking the door.

Heung Soo grabbed his wallet impatiently and put it inside his pockets as both left the apartment. Nam Soon hadn't been talking to him since he got home from work. He thought he was just tired at first, but it didn't seem that way anymore, since Nam Soon was not even answering him when he asked for more details about the party they were about to go to.

“Right,” he hissed, rolling his eyes. He didn't remember doing anything wrong. Was he angry because he got home late yesterday? It was not his fault. He understood that Nam Soon didn't know, but he could at least tell him why something was off.

But he didn't talk, not even when they entered the taxi, and much less when they arrived in the street.

Nam Soon intended to talk normally with Heung Soo, but he couldn't control that annoying sensation that he was hiding something from him. And he totally couldn't hide how he was feeling. But because of that, the situation just got even more awkward.

He seriously thought about acting normal when he spotted Yoon Jae and Joon Hee at the line. Nevertheless, as soon as he remembered how Heung Soo lied yesterday the anger would just return and he just couldn't force himself to pretend everything was okay.

He kept silent as they left the cab, and headed to those boys. Joon Hee waved while they got closer. It was the first time Heung Soo would be meeting his friends - he did see them briefly that day when he saw Nam Soon coming out of the club, but at the time he didn't bother paying attention to them.

“I thought you weren't alive anymore,” Yoon Jae commented sarcastically, now getting his eyes on Heung Soo.

“This is Park Heung Soo,” Nam Soon said a bit too low and Yoon Jae shook his head, staring at the other man, really curious.

“That Heung Soo?“ Yoon Jae teased, without worrying about being discreet. Nam Soon sighed, looking annoyed. So stupidly annoyed for no reason at all. Heung Soo looked the other way, trying to control the smile appearing on his lips - Nam Soon was so bad at being angry that he couldn't not laugh at it.

He kept saying it was nothing, when he clearly was angry. And even Joon Hee seemed to notice - Nam Soon introduced them, trying to make the best out of the situation.

Nam Soon had talked so much about him that it felt good to finally met the guy. Whatever the reason was why they looked this awkward, Joon Hee would just pretend he didn't notice it.

“It's your first time here?” he asked Heung Soo, that shook his head in agreement.

“Here...and any other place at this street. But I will surely get to know every one of them,” he smiled, reaching out to Nam Soon's hands. But, before he could touch him, Nam Soon stepped ahead. People started entering the club, and the younger used this excuse to dodge him.

But Heung Soo couldn't help noticing it. It was funny and all... But it was starting to annoy the hell out of him.

 

“Separate rooms and broken hearts

But I won't be the one to let you go”

 

It was nothing like the other clubs he had been to before. He knew it wouldn't be, but because Nam Soon wasn't talking to him he didn't stop thinking about where they were really going - about what he would see there.

It felt like that was not a part of Korea at all. Not only because there were too many foreigners, but because he was seeing two boys... For the first time he saw two boys kissing each other and no one seemed to care.

He stared at his side, looking for Nam Soon, but of course the other didn't wait for him. He saw him at the bar at the side of the stairs, ordering something, and prompted to his side.

“Give me two,” he asked the bar-man, seconds after Nam Soon ordered some tequila. He noticed the younger rolling his eyes annoyed, but decided to ignore it. He came here to have fun because he wanted to meet Nam Soon’s friends and this place - see where he had been to without him. He wouldn't spend their first night fighting.

He heard the sound of glasses touching the table, and the smell of alcohol filled his nose instantly. Nam Soon was faster, and drank it all in one shot, without waiting for Heung Soo.

“Okay,” he sighed, taking the next shot and grabbing the youngers arms as soon as he turned around to leave. “Nam Soon ah,” he called him, but Nam Soon just turned to look at him, clearly annoyed. “What happened?” he asked him again, releasing his arms.

“Nothing, I told you,” Nam Soon said sharply, not looking at him, trying to run away from his stare.

“Shut up bastard,” Heung Soo protested in an insulted voice, “I know you.”

Nam Soon raised his head, his dark eyes finally focusing on Heung Soo’s face. Fine. He didn’t want to talk about it, neither ask him about what happened. But it was stuck in his throat, and since Heung Soo kept insisting on it, he just felt he couldn't keep quiet about it any longer. “Where were you yesterday night?” he asked seriously.

Heung Soo shook his head, watching him with raised eyebrows. He didn't know if he should start laughing right now, but something about that made him feel strangely cold inside. “What?”

A sharp smile escaped Nam Soon before he could control it, “I saw you. When you arrived inside that cab,” he said, studying the other man, expressionless.

Heung Soo blinked, he couldn't help feeling insulted about this. Why was he being so childish? To just start jumping to conclusions, and getting angry without even asking him about it? If he saw him yesterday, why didn’t he ask him about it before? Yes, he never wanted Nam Soon to know. But he never intended to make him think he was just lying to him for no reason at all - like he was hiding something behind his back.

Nam Soon closed his eyes and looked away, clearly trying to calm down a bit. This was definitely not the place to fight like that. He sighed and shook his head, turning away.

The other man glanced at him as he walked away, heading to the dance floor where his friends were standing since they entered the club. He wouldn't follow them. He tilted his head, and turned around, heading to the staircase behind the bar.

He should enjoy the place, alone if needed. He wasn't in the mood to fight over something like that, but he also didn't think it was fair to go after Nam Soon. Yes, he lied, but couldn't he ask him before jumping to whatever conclusion he probably had?

He shook his head, and focused on the other bar at the second floor. The song downstairs was too low up there, but the mumble of the young people talking louder filled the room. The walls were too bright, in red and gold colors, and the glasses with different colors and curious drinks got him interested.

He wasn't such a big fan of drinks, so he just asked for one glass of whisky. Though it was entertaining to watch the barman mixing different things in different cups.

He went on to the third glass of whisky when he finally got tired of waiting for Nam Soon to give up and went to search for him.

 

“Walk with me, come and walk with me

To the edge of all we've ever known”

 

Nam Soon knew he was being too stubborn, and that this wasn't the place for that. He should be introducing him properly to his friends, they should be enjoying this moment... But it was impossible to ignore. He was afraid Heung Soo would go away, because it was all just too perfect he was sure that, at any time, everything would just break apart. And because Heung Soo lied to him like that everything he was afraid of felt so close.

He touched the glass in front of him. It was cold, and the ice had already melted inside that vodka. He stared at its liquid for some seconds, and finished it up in one go, ordering another one as soon as the barman stared at him.

He went to the bar close to the dance floor as soon as he saw Heung Soo going upstairs. He tried to pretend he would have fun with his friends, when in fact he was just depressed and drinking at the bar. He felt so stupid.

He didn't see when that man approached him, but he definitely recognized his voice when he called his name, sitting at his side.

Pierre had a big smile on his face when he saw him, like he had been expecting to see him again all this time. Which probably wasn't really the truth.

“So, I saw you again...” He said, laughing and shook his head at the barman, ordering a glass of whisky for himself.

“It seems so...” Nam Soon forced a smile, getting his glass of vodka with some kind of soda that the barman just served.

“How are the things going?” He smiled, shaking his head, and looking down at the whisky he just received.

Nam Soon didn't even notice when he touched his shoulder, being a bit too close. Not like he was about to do something, but It was enough to make him feel uncomfortable.

“Maybe I can get your number today?”

 

“He shows me everything he used to know

Picture frames and country roads”

 

Heung Soo was right. He knew he didn't do anything wrong, and that Nam Soon was being an .

But he knew Nam Soon. He changed during those years, but slowly he was starting to become more like that old Nam Soon. The one that had always been stubborn, and would never admit he was wrong. His essence was like that, and even if he admitted he did change, those things would just show themselves, much more as the time went by. Stubborn, proud, a complete .

But that was the Nam Soon he liked, that was the Nam Soon he knew that loved him. And he couldn't stand watching someone else touching someone that belonged to him - Nam Soon would probably curse him if he ever heard him talking about him like that, but it was how Heung Soo felt.

He was never the jealous type before. But when it was about Nam Soon, he just felt his blood boil. Who, that blonde, white, sassy piece of thought he was to be so touchy and smiley like that?

At that moment Heung Soo just didn't care. He was lucky they were at this bar because he would probably do the same thing if they were at plain side.

He probably had too much whisky. Or he was indeed really jealous and just discovered it. But he couldn't control his steps, and he didn't think twice when he pulled his right arm, forcing Nam Soon to stare at him.

And he definitely didn't think twice when he held the hence of his shirt, touching his lips in a possessive kiss. If anyone asked, Heung Soo would never say he was a possessive kind of person - maybe just a bit, when it was about Nam Soon, and when he was drunk.

And definitely, when he wanted to show everyone that Nam Soon was his man.

 

“Hold my breath as you're moving in

Taste your lips and feel your skin

When the time comes, baby, don't run

Just kiss me slowly”

 

At first, Nam Soon's reaction was to push Heung Soo away. He was too proud to correspond like that. And what right did Heung Soo have to interrupt his conversation like that? Fine, he wasn't really in the mood to talk to Pierre, but Heung Soo didn't know about it.

His second reaction should be to turn his back or just walk away... But Heung Soo was just too y in that leather jacket, and his cheeks were a bit red probably because he drank too much upstairs, and his perfect lips - just made him change his plans.

He didn't even bother cursing at him. In fact, he was just wasting time being an idiot. So, definitely, the best decision was to pull him closer again. To touch those lips, hold his strong arms and kiss him back like they had never fought before. Or just like people do when they reconcile after a fight.

If it would be like this, they could definitely fight more often.

“Where is the bathroom?” Heung Soo’s rusky voice pierced through his ears making every part of his skin shiver.

Terrible idea. Those words should have crossed their minds. Any of them.They didn't, though. In fact, at this point, it just seemed like a really good idea.

“Two shadows standing by the bedroom door

No, I could not want you more than I did right then

As our heads leaned in”

 

 

[/CONTENTID3][CONTENTID4]

Sorry to keep you waiting! But it's finally up!
First I wanna say thank you for everyone that upvoted my fanfic, it gor featured!! 
And second thanks to  "Fanmaki" for reviewing the chapter for me! And also cow for reviewing it and FINALLY reading the fanfic.
 
Also related to the fanfic, I'm working on a new trailer for it!! yay. I uploaded just a preview for now:
 
 
[/CONTENTID4]