Chapter 13

Our New Fate

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 13[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Soundtrack: "Pompeii" -  Bastille

[/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

"But if you close your eyes,

Does it almost feel like

Nothing changed at all?"

 

Nam Soon let his head fall on Heung Soo's shoulders, who instinctively pushed him away, making him wake up startled.

"Yah, did you sleep, you bastard?" he exclaimed as Nam Soon yawned at his side, unconcerned.

"It's not my fault that this movie makes me sleepy, how can you watch it?" he muttered, settling on the couch and stretching out his arms.

"Well, that was one good thing I got from being away from you," Heung Soo mocked, turning his attention back to the drama movie that played on the television, "I got smarter," he boasted, but he swore at him only a few seconds later, after Nam Soon's hand hit him hard in the back of his head.

"Oh, shut up, I won't watch this anymore," Nam Soon barked, standing up and heading toward the kitchen.

Heung Soo stood up after him, though he let out a little sigh of pain, which made Nam Soon look back at him. Heung Soo was massaging his knee, that had apparently begun to ache after being in the same position for a long time. Suddenly Nam Soon's mood faltered.

"Still hurts?" he whispered as Heung Soo followed him into the kitchen.

"I already forgot about it," The other answered uninterested.
 

"Oh where do we begin?

The rubble or our sins?"

 

They made ramen in silence in the next few minutes. However, that silence was killing Heung Soo on the inside because he knew pretty well the reason for it - and it killed him. Because the reason for that silence was what he wanted to forget - that's what he wanted Nam Soon to forget. How could they move on if they couldn't forget about that past? If anything would keep reminding them about it?

They sat at the table, eating without speaking a word. But Heung Soo didn't feel hungry - he saw the way Nam Soon ate, adding more food than he could handle inside his mouth.

"I really forgot about it," Heung Soo whispered, and Nam Soon, who was about to put even more food into his mouth, returned his chopsticks to his plate. But even so, his eyes remained staring at his food, not daring to look up. "It's not important anymore. It's already been too long."

Nam Soon remained silent for the next few minutes as he finished chewing the ramen he still had in his mouth. "I'm sorry," he whispered, finally looking up to face him. "You've been through so much."

"What about you?" Heung Soo said, his red eyes watering as he finally said the words he should have told him before - all that had been bothering him in the last few days. "Weren't you in pain too?" He whispered as Nam Soon's tear-filled eyes stared intensely at him, "So, stop being sorry. It was an accident. It's already been too long to be sorry about it now. Can't we just start anew and leave the past in the past?"

Nam Soon looked at his own ramen as he felt tears stream down his face. He quickly wiped them away, getting back to eat while he just nodded slightly without saying a word since he didn't feel like he could properly answer him right now. But Heung Soo understood.

Nam Soon would move on - he wouldn't let that past get between them anymore. He would try his best to forget, or even if he couldn't forget, he'd use that for the better - to remind himself of everything that they had been through, and that nothing would tear them apart anymore.
 

"We were caught up and lost in all of our vices

In your pose as the dust settled around us"

 

"Let's watch my stuff now," Nam Soon mumbled, getting one old dvd from the drawer. Heung Soo recognized the old Star Wars movie in Nam Soon's hands, and could not handle a loud complaint.

"Do you still watch this thing?" He asked, rolling his eyes as he sat down at the couch.

"Shut up, bastard, you used to like it too," Nam Soon exclaimed, starting the movie and sitting next to Heung Soo.

Heung Soo maintained that bothered expression on his face, however, when the movie began, he couldn't pretend anymore. Just like Nam Soon, he still kept all the dialogues in his memory. Nam Soon could not let this pass and had to mock the other when they mutually repeated the same sentences of the film.

"If someone else hears about this, you are dead," Heung Soo threatened, but the smile could still be seen on his face.
 

"And if you close your eyes,

Does it almost feel like

You've been here before?"

 

It was already at the end of the movie when Heung Soo's cell phone rang. He glanced quickly at who was calling - but Nam Soon didn't manage to see. Heung Soo stood up and headed to the kitchen to answer the call.

He knew that things like this wouldn't happen years ago, since it could only be his mother or sister calling back then. However, today, there were many things about Heung Soo that Nam Soon didn't know. But as much as Nam Soon knew he had no right to question him, he couldn't help wondering why Heung Soo had to go to another room to talk on the phone.

Nam Soon wished they didn't need to keep secrets from each other, but he knew he couldn't blame Heung Soo, so he also wouldn't ask. He would wait for Heung Soo to feel free to talk about these little things that they had not yet shared with each other.

Heung Soo returned to the room a few minutes later, but didn't sit back on the couch.

"I have to go," he muttered, heading for the door and pulling on his shoes. Nam Soon followed him, a little worried.

"Is something wrong?" He whispered, but Heung Soo just shook his head.

"Nothing," he answered him, "Just have to go. I'll see you tomorrow," he smiled at him, and Nam Soon only nodded, pretending to understand as Heung Soo left his apartment, closing the door between them.
 

"Great clouds roll over the hills (oh where do we begin?)

Bringing darkness from above (the rubble or our sins?)"

 

He was resting his head over Heung Soo's shoulders while some movie he couldn't identify played on the television. His nose was close to his neckline and he could smell the scent of soap on the other's white skin. If felt warm and cozy, and he wanted to stay there all day.

"Nam Soon-ah." He heard the other whisper between his soft lips, as his dark eyes stared at his - his cheeks were flushed and his rosy lips were a bit open, and all Nam Soon could feel now was the scent of his post- beard cologne.

Slowly, Heung Soo's lips were on his, and the heat became something unbearable to stand - his clothes annoyingly on the way.

"Heung Soo-yah," he managed to whisper between those lustful kisses, his eyes eating him out with just one look. "I want you," he muttered between his heavy breath.

And suddenly he woke up with a loud ring on his phone. He had to control his breathing and his heartbeat, or else it would simply be impossible to answer Heung Soo's call under these conditions.
 

"And the walls kept tumbling down (oh where do we begin?)

In the city that we love (the rubble or our sins?)"

 

It had already been three weeks since that day when Heung Soo broke into his apartment asking him to stay. However, for some reason, it felt like much more.

Luckily things between them improved faster than he'd imagined. As much as Nam Soon felt like there were still some things in Heung Soo's life that he was still keeping secret from him, he still didn't mind - because Nam Soon was sure that if he asked, Heung Soo would tell him about it. However he still didn't feel okay to start asking him questions, so he just let things flow - and things were flowing better than he'd expected.

"Do you want a ride today? Or will you be driving?" Heung Soo asked on the other side of the line.

Nam Soon looked at his watch - it was almost eight o'clock at night, how did he fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon?He was supposed to be meeting them at eight-thirty at Jinju Jip, however he was only in his towels and his hair was completely messed up - since he slept with it wet, and now it was dry and looked worse than before the bath - he noticed as he looked at the mirror in his wardrobe.

It must have been the heat systems fault - It was so cozy that he ended up falling asleep, he thought.

"Uh...Can you come? I think I'm a bit late, so..." Nam Soon muttered still with his tired voice.

"Were you sleeping?" Heung Soo asked, a sign of annoyance in his voice. "Yah, bastard, you forgot about today?"

"I'll be ready in a second," Nam Soon grunted, and for the first time he cursed the fact that Heung Soo's apartment was so close to his.

"Sure, so you better be ready when I get there because I'm not waiting," He threatened, turning off the phone.

Nam Soon got up as fast as he could, wearing the first piece of clothing that he could find - he would think about what to do with his hair later.
 

"If you close your eyes,

does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?"

 

Nam Soon manage to get ready just in time - as soon as the doorbell rang. Styling his hair with water from the sink seemed like a good idea before, however it did not look so good any more when he left his warm apartment into the cold wind with his wet hair - he just hoped he wouldn't catch a cold.

Heung Soo looked especially handsome tonight - though the question should be more when he wasn't handsome. He looked good in a suit, and he also looked good with the leather jacket and scarf he was wearing today.

Nam Soon bit his lips, making sure to stare the other way - he didn't want to have to deal with this right now. He didn't want to think about this sort of thing - not about Heung Soo, not when he finally got his friendship back. At that time, when he thought about Heung Soo that way for the first time, it was not just a day of messy sleep, of confused thoughts - he had to deal with it for weeks. It only stopped when Heung Soo first got called out by a scout. Then, when something worse appeared - the possibility of being away from Heung Soo - he managed to push those thoughts away. Yet here they were, returning from a place they should have been buried deep inside.

"Won't you get out? Or are you waiting for me to open the door for you?" Heung Soo mocked as they arrived at the bar, and Nam Soon rolled his eyes, opening the door.

"Shut up, you bastard," he hissed before leaving the car.

Moo Yul was already inside when they arrived, and a couple of bottles of soju were already waiting for them on the table.

"Coming together? What happened to you two, so suddenly?" He asked, pouring them two glasses of soju as they sat down in front of him.

They decided to ignore it as some other matter more interesting than that overshadowed his question. Nam Soon knew that he would rather be home watching some random movie with Heung Soo. He was not used to having friends - It was always just Heung Soo. However, he had to be glad to have been invited too, so he would not complain.

Moo Yul finished what should have been his fourth shot of soju, and stared at both of them - especially at Nam Soon, while Heung Soo served him another glass.

"Yah.. Nam Soonnie..." He whispered, staring intensely at him. Nam Soon just returned his gaze, without understanding what his surprise was about. "Now I know who you reminded me of the first time I saw you," he said, and Heung Soo looked up to face him, without understanding what he meant by that.

"Who?" Nam Soon asked, giving a quick stare at Heung Soo and then back at Moo Yul.

"You look just like Heung Soo's girlfriend!" He exclaimed, shifting his gaze to Heung Soo.
 

"How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?"

[/CONTENTID3]
[CONTENTID4]
So... here we go again xD I took two weeks, as I promised? don´t know, but I hope it didn´t take so long... Thanks for still suporting me with all my delays x.x and thanks for Loserchick87 (http://infinitely87.tumblr.com/) , for reviewing this chapter for me again!
 
[/CONTENTID4]