Chapter 37

Our New Fate

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 37[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Soundtrack: "Golden Love" - Midnight Youth

[/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

 

“We rest as one soul”

 

Heung Soo stretched his arms in front of his desk, as he had just finished working on a long document he had been dealing with all day.

He breathed in deeply, feeling a bit tired, and took out his phone from his pocket. And then he smiled. A sudden jolt of happiness overcame him, as he stared at Nam Soon’s smile on his phone background. It was a picture they took together the other day. On that day that now seemed so far away, but in fact, it wasn't.

He stood up, leaving his phone on his desk and stared at Moo Yul, who was still too concentrated on working to notice him.

“I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee. Want one?” he offered him, getting his wallet from his backpack.

“Sure, thanks,” he smiled lightly, without taking his eyes away from his notebook.

Heung Soo was not in a rush when he headed to the cafe. He wasn't going to the one Nam Soon used to work. The one he was now going to was closer to his office, but not as good. Yet, he didn't care. It just didn't feel right to continue going to that one after what happened to Nam Soon.

He already had to pass in front of it every time he left work, and it was enough. Though, he liked the feeling. He liked to take a brief look inside it and remember the day he saw Nam Soon again. Yes, it was bitter, and it took long for him to finally feel good about it. But now, he couldn't be more grateful. To this place, and fate that brought them back together again.

He could never imagine before, he could hardly even dream about it. And now, it was just this warm feeling left. The warm feeling that had been buried inside his heart, and that was filling him every day. Every second he breathed and thought about Nam Soon. Of things they would do, films they would watch, places they would go to, jokes they would make. He just couldn't wait for all the things that they would still do.

 

“Oh, we were destined
Oh, underdone”

 

He had that smile on his face when he came back to the office. Too lost in his own thoughts to notice right away that Young Kwang was sitting at his desk, laughing about something.

He gave the cup of coffee to Moo Yul, that was apparently  pretending to listen to him while he was working on his documents.

Heung Soo took a sip of his coffee and just then noticed that Young Kwang had his cell phone in hands, staring at something that he found kind of funny. Heung Soo had forgotten his phone on his desk when he went down to get coffee. And, as it seems, something about it was just too funny for Young Kwang.

And then, Heung Soo froze. He had just remembered about the background picture he was using.

“Yah, Heung Soo,” he laughed, looking at the screen and then back into Heung Soo’s face. “Are you gay?”

Heung Soo lost his breath for a few seconds, before a sudden jolt of anger got him from the inside. What right did he think he have to decide to go through his stuff like this?

“Who let you use my phone?” he hissed, taking it away from his hands, suddenly hoping his face wasn't feeling so hot. It kind of made his rispid talk sound stupid if he was blushing like this.

But apparently Young Kwang didn't notice this detail, since he stood up from his desk, hands up in some kind of defensive gesture, “I'm joking. I came here to call you to go drink with us. You weren't here, and your phone rang, so I looked up and there was this picture. It's just a joke.”

Heung Soo rolled his eyes, now a bit regretful of his reaction. Would he be suspicious now that he reacted like this?

“It's my brother,” he lied, staring at Nam Soon in the picture. He didn't want to lie. And he didn't feel good about lying, too. It felt like he was lying to Nam Soon, about them. If even he himself couldn't accept what they had, then who else would?

But he had to do it. It was his job, and he needed it.

“Really? Didn't know you had one.” Young Kwang seemed surprised, but he didn't give much thought about it, “so, will you go out with us? We’re leaving soon,” he invited him again, as Heung Soo went back to his desk.

“Sure,” Heung Soo said, it was more like an automatic answer than anything, since he didn't really wanna go. He wasn't actually paying attention. Nam Soon had sent him a message - probably the reason why his phone rang that time.

What time are u leaving?” he had sent it, twenty minutes ago.

Soon. But I got called out to drink. It will probably take a while,” he sent, finishing his coffee, that was not that hot anymore, and turning off his notebook.

Moo Yul was staring strangely at him since before, and Heung Soo hadn't noticed.

“Brother?” he questioned, and Heung Soo pretended there was nothing wrong about it and just  shrugged.

“It's how we feel like,” he said, getting his backpack and throwing his phone in one of the pockets. “Are you coming with us?”

Moo Yul stared at him for a few seconds, probably thinking about his answer about Nam Soon, but just decided to ignore it in the end. “I can't, have to stay late to finish this.”

“Okay. See you tomorrow then,” Heung Soo said, grabbing his backpack and heading to Young Kwang’s office, where he and his other friends were waiting for him.

 

“Just one last night here
Remembering what we gave up
This golden love”

 

The weather was a bit chilly  outside, now that the sun had set. Nam Soon closed his red jacket, checking his phone again.

Soon. But I got called out to drink. It will probably take a while.” He received his message. And he couldn't help  feeling a bit stupid now, waiting outside his building.

It looked like a cute thing to do again, but now he felt a bit awkward. He didn't want to be this too clingy kind of person.

His put his phone back inside his pockets, and looked up before turning around to leave.

However, that was just when the hall elevator opened, and Heung Soo went out followed by his friends.

He instinctively tried to hide behind a column close to the entrance, but Heung Soo got his eyes. He seemed surprised at first, and Nam Soon showed him an embarrassed smile. He felt his cheeks blush, and he totally forgot about the chilly sensation he was feeling before.

But then, Heung Soo had a smile in his face. A smile so warm and full of love and happiness.

And Nam Soon didn't feel that embarrassed anymore.

 

“Our path have crossed
But it's the last time I'll have you”
 

Nam Soon came in a great time. Honestly, Heung Soo really didn't want to go out to drink with them. So, that beautiful smile waiting for him outside  the building was the best thing that could have happened to him in the end of this day.

He followed Young Kwang to the entrance, just some steps away from where Nam Soon was waiting for him.

“Sorry, I’ll have to skip today. Forgot I got something important to do at home,” he lied, stopping on his way. Young Kwang stared at Jong Hyun for a few seconds, and just shrugged. “Okay, see you tomorrow” he said, and went ahead with the other.

Heung Soo waited for him to walk away and turned to Nam Soon, with a wide smile back on his face.

“I'm sorry, I should have called you.” Nam Soon regretted, a bit bothered by his heart that kept beating as soon as he felt the scent of his cologne. He planned to go out to have dinner, but right now he felt the sudden urge to just bring him home.

“Why didn't you tell me you were here?”

Nam Soon shrugged, looking elsewhere and cursing himself again for his cheeks that started to blush.

“I didn't want to sound too clingy. I should have called before coming, why aren't you going with them?”

Heung Soo rolled his eyes, getting his arms around Nam Soon’s shoulders as he headed in the  direction of his car.

“Shut up. I didn't want to go, you saved me from some really terrible night.”

“Well,I admit going out with me is much more fun” Nam Soon smirked, and ignored Heung Soo's eyes that were rolling again after his comment.

“Oh, please... Should I call them back here?” He sighed, getting his car keys from his pocket and opening it from afar.

“How about some ramen?” Nam Soon suggested, ignoring his last sentence as they got close to the car.

“Ramen again?” Heung Soo pretended to get bored, forcing a low sigh that Nam Soon made sure to act like he did not hear.

 

“Oh, meet me Thursday
For golden love”

 

It was warm and cozy inside the restaurant. They sat at a place hidden  behind some columns. The old lady came to pick their orders, and soon they were alone again - the restaurant was with low movement this night.

“So, how was work today?” Nam Soon asked, as they waited for the ramen.

“Just as always. Lots to do... “ he answered casually, staring at the other. “Yours?”

“Nothing much. Though I did search for some classes at home. I found one lecture about aspiring entrepreneurs. I'm thinking about applying.” He said the last sentence a bit too low, like he was waiting for some kind of approval.

“That would be great, Nam Soon-ah,” Heung Soo exclaimed, a bit excited. He would like to see him doing something he truly liked. And Nam Soon was definitely not the kind of guy that would spend the rest of his life having a boss. He definitely should do it.

Nam Soon agreed nodding his head, though he didn't show as much excitement. He was not really that optimistic, but he had to do something either way. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life doing part time jobs. Not anymore.

The ramen came some minutes later, together with two bottles of soju. The bow was hot, and its scent was really great.

“Oh, how I wanted to eat this,” Nam Soon mumbled, taking the first sip without waiting for it to cool down a bit.

“The food won't run away Nam Soon,” Heung Soo laughed, blowing on his own before eating it.

“Shut up,” Nam Soon complained, with food still in his mouth. It tasted great just like he imagined it. He served him and Heung Soo a cup of soju, swallowing and taking a shot right after it.

Heung Soo took the first bite, but he didn't feel that hungry, even though the pepper scent was really great. He was feeling a bit anxious since before, at work. Honestly, he was feeling bad about it.

“Nam Soon-ah” His voice sounded husky, and he stared at his ramen, biting his lips before looking up at the other.

Nam Soon didn't bother to look up. He was too busy eating his ramen - like it would run away if he didn't eat it fast.

“Something happened at work...” He spoke carefully, and Nam Soon looked up at him, with food still in his mouth. “And I'm feeling a bit ty about it.”

Nam Soon swallowed the ramen, without taking his eyes away from him.

“There's this guy, and he ended up seeing your picture on my phone background,” Heung Soo said, feeling a bit stupid now that he was hearing his own words. “Well I said you were my brother,” he explained, a bit better now that he told him. Nam Soon didn't look that unsettled as he thought he would be. He took another shot of his soju and stared back at Heung Soo, and then back at his ramen.

“You did the right thing.” He assured him, putting some more ramen inside his mouth. “You can't lose your job. I don't care if others think that you are my brother or anything. You thought I would get angry or something?” Nam Soon laughed at him, and shook his head. “I'm not that stupid, please Heung Soo. ”

“Not that, but...” Heung Soo said, touching his cup with soju but without drinking it. “It feels bad. That I had to hide... I don't know, not that I would go out telling everyone, but to have to lie that you are my brother is a bit...” He whispered, getting a sip of his soju.

“It's fine, Heung Soo yah,” he assured him once more, finishing his ramen. It was so good that he ended up eating it this fast. Heung Soo still had half of his bowl. “Aren't you eating it? If not, I will,” He said, pointing it out, since Heung Soo was still playing with his chopsticks instead of eating it.

“Don't you even think about it,” he cursed at him, pulling it away from Nam Soon.

“Yah! I hope you’ll choke with it!” Nam Soon exclaimed, and Heung Soo chuckled, staring at the other.

“No, I’ll eat it slowly, and enjoy every bit of it,” he teased, now staring at the rest of the soup that was still on his chin. “Are you a kid? Doesn’t even know how to eat,” he reached out to it, cleaning it with his fingers. Nam Soon pulled away instinctively, pretending to be annoyed, when actually he felt his cheeks starting to blush. He was glad the food was too hot so he could pretend this was the real reason.

“Yah, shut up,” he hissed, cleaning what else could still be on his chin and cheeks with his arms, “Eat this quickly, I wanna go home soon,” He sighed forcefully, but still showing a grin on his lips. Heung Soo smiled at him, before taking a full shot of soju and finishing his food.

 

“When we're old, we'll look on
This golden love”
 

They were back home earlier this time. Heung Soo should start being more careful if he wanted to keep his job. Getting home late was not going to do him good, so they came back as soon as he finished his ramen and the bottles of soju that Nam Soon ordered - that Heung Soo didn't even want to order at first. Getting late and being drunk was not going to help him stick to his plans.

He put his backpack over the counter, where they had one photo of them together. But the frame was all broken now.

“What happened?” He asked, taking it to look closely at it, and gazing inquiringly at Nam Soon.

“It was on the ground when I came back home. With the rest of the stuff there. Guess it happened yesterday when we...” He stopped explaining, a grin forming in his face.

“Oh,” Heung Soo smiled, staring into his eyes, a little jolt of excitation growing inside of him. “It's fine, we can just buy another one,” he shrugged, heading inside the bathroom.

He stared at himself in the mirror for a few seconds, and washed his face. He knew he said to Nam Soon that he was okay about doing anything with him, but he couldn't help getting a bit nervous. His heart was racing since they arrived at the apartment, and those butterflies that he was already getting used to were back at the party down his stomach.

Maybe it was just anxiety, because ever since they got together he had to admit he felt it every time he would look at Nam Soon.

It was fine. No reason to get so nervous, or think about it twice. It was just Nam Soon. Not a stranger, just Nam Soon. He was the only person that he could do anything with, because it was him.

Nam Soon was lying on the bed with his notebook on his lap when Heung Soo got out of the bathroom after taking his bath.

“I just applied to that lecture...” Nam Soon said, his eyes fixed on the screen.

“That's great, Nam Soon-ah” Heung Soo exclaimed, drying his hair with a towel. “When will it be?”

“End of the month. I might get some books or something until then. You know, it's kind of boring now, I have a feeling that I'm just wasting time with the part time job.” Nam Soon complained, sighing and staring at Heung Soo.

“You wanna quit?” Heung Soo threw his towel over his desk and sat at Nam Soon’s side over the bed.

“No, not quit. But do something more useful.” he explained, turning off his notebook and putting it below the bed. “I mean, I can't stay here forever, and if this goes on it looks like I won't be leaving any time soon.”

Heung Soo turned around to look at him, searching for any sign that showed that he was joking right now. But Nam Soon was just biting his lips, and no sign of a smile could be seen in his face.

“Why can't you stay here forever? We're doing fine now.” Heung Soo risked saying, his eyes fixed on Nam Soon’s. “And I have a feeling that it will get even better from now on”

“You think so?” Nam Soon asked, and looked up at Heung Soo. But now, a grin appeared on his lips. “Why should I stay?” he teased, and Heung Soo felt like hitting him right now. This bastard.

“Yah! You are doing it on purpose, aren't you?” he exclaimed, feeling relieved now that Nam Soon showed him that smile. The bastard wouldn't be really thinking about leaving now, would he?

“Maybe... I will think about your case.” he provoked, the grin now wide in his face, as his eyes traced every inch of Heung Soo, and he bit his lips provocatively. “What will you do to convince me to stay?”

And there was it, that look in his eyes again. That look that would make Heung Soo go totally crazy and erase any anxiety he could be feeling about it.

“You tease,” Heung Soo sighed, pulling him closer by his collar, this time not even a bit annoyed by the butterflies inside his stomach. Honestly, he was even starting to get used to them.


“I'll give if you give
Don't forget, this is it
One chance to do us justice”

 

 

[/CONTENTID3][CONTENTID4]

 

Hey guys, new chapter is up! It's really shorter than last one, but at least it didn't took too long for me to update! Hope you like it  :)  And thanks to Fanmaki (http://why-jaebum.tumblr.com/) for revising the chapter for me! :))
 
Not related to the fanfic, but I edited an Heungsoon AU video, if you still didn't watch it, here:
 
 
[/CONTENTID4]