026: Will you marry me?

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9J8HuXQA4w


26. Will You Marry Me?

 

 

 

I was in my room in Seoul, getting ready for a party hosted by the King and Queen in celebration for Bangtan Planet’s survival. With everyone’s help, the castle was successfully rebuilt along with most of sector one which meant that the world was quickly being restored.

Mirae walked into my room and held up several dresses, “So, which one looks best?”

“Is it,” I pondered, “for you or me?”

“You of course,” she giggled and held the navy blue dress in front of me, “you need to look pretty tonight. The princes are choosing their brides.”

I gaped with my eyes and mouth wide open, “S-Seriously? Why was I not informed?”

The older girl giggled again and playfully shrugged. Running out of the room, she returned with five more dresses but none of them caught my eye. I shook my head and headed towards my own closet, pulling out the few gowns that I had from previous proms such as graduation. I saw a box sticking out of my bed so I took it out from underneath and dusted off the dust. Taking off the top I took out a long turquoise dress that I got a few years back but never wore. I heard a gasp and I knew that Mirae fell in love with it.

 

 

“That’s beautiful,” she breathed, “where did you get that?”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “My ex-boyfriend. He told me to wear it to prom but I never wore it since we broke up a week before. You can have it if you want.” I carelessly threw it towards her and stuck my hand under the bed once again in hopes of finding another dress.

“You’re not going to wear it?” I heard her shift her hands through the dress as she checked it out. “On second thought, it’s good that you’re not. I have a dress for that will impress everyone!” I heard her squeal and run out of the room once again. Sighing, I continued rummaging through until I felt a light tap and I slid out of the bed. In front of me was a dress that was a light pink colour with black on the upper chest area. It was so beautiful; I couldn’t help but let a silent gasp escape my lips.

 

“Let’s get dressed. We don’t have a lot of time if we dilly dally on Earth,” she winked and went back to her room.

 

 


 

 

When we arrived, the party already started but we were warmly welcomed by a few guests, BTS and Topp Dogg (without Jin and Kidoh). We chatted for a while before my parents dragged me to greet other guests. I smiled awkwardly at each and every one of them for the next two hours which seemed like ages until I was saved by the King and Queen who made a huge announcement.

“Thank you for coming everyone,” the Queen beamed and raised her cup, “I want to acknowledge our saviors and heroes for saving Bangtan Planet, give them a round of applause!” Everyone clapped and hooted loudly as they stared at the group. “Next, I would like to thank everyone who helped restore sector one in such a short time.” Again, clapping and shouting. “And lastly, I would like to call out all the women to come in front of the stage.”

My heart was rapidly beating as Mirae cheerfully led us towards the stage. I had no idea what was going on, but my gut told me that this was the time where the princes would pick their brides. I looked around and I felt antsy and insecure as the women beside me looked prettier in their gowns and most of them styled their hair.

“And now, Jin, Kidoh, please come out.” I heard the King bellow and everything froze when I saw him walking out with a goofy smile plastered on his face. I felt Mirae grip my hand in reassurance but all I could do was grip hers back twice as hard. I wanted to run and hide but then I realised, I was already hiding since I stood in the very back of the crowd.  Ever since I was young, I always had this habit of biting my lip and squeezing things really tight if I was nervous and that’s what I did. Mirae elbowed me to let go but that caused me to squeeze it even tighter as the adrenaline kicked in and I closed my eyes.

 

 

 

Footsteps. One. Two. Three.

People were moving to the left, and the right. Perhaps they were nervous as well.

I heard gasps and I my heart sank. I knew I wouldn’t be chosen because I knew someone like him didn’t deserve someone like me.

 

 

 

 

Then I heard someone clear their voice.

He was kneeling with a nervous smile on his face along with a rose and a box in his right hand. 

“Hi,” Jin sheepishly smiled and I felt my cheeks flare up. He was wearing a black suit that complemented my dress. “You seem surprised.” The whole room fell dead silent, so silent that you could hear a pin drop onto the ground.

“Y-Yeah,” I managed to breath, “I am.”

“Why? Did you doubt me?” he laughed, “You didn’t have to because I knew you were the one right away. From the day we met to now, I know that you will make me happy forever.

I felt a pull when I first met you and despite your attitude I couldn’t stay away from you. I was nervous because I thought you wouldn’t like me, but I heard from the guys and everyone around you that you did. I felt lighter and I decided that I would set a goal for myself: to make you mine.

So Haneul,” he took a deep breath and looked up, “will you marry me?”

 


Last Updated: August 3/15

Word Count: 990