03. Midnight Talk

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

03. Midnight Talk

{Third Person P.O.V}

 

She couldn’t sleep that night, replaying the events in her head over and over again. It was hard to believe that a bunch of aliens came to Earth several hundred years ago and now she was suddenly friends with them. The weird thing was that they decided to stay at her apartment for the night, so J-Hope’s constant snoring kept her up as well.  They all had to sleep in her room because of the space but she didn’t mind it at first; until J-Hope’s snoring was as loud as an elephant’s cry.

Getting out of bed, she walked over to her book shelf and looked for a long novel, hoping it could help her fall asleep. Taking several out and putting a few back in again, she went over towards her desk and the little light.

 

“What are you reading?” a husky voice asked, causing her to jolt up. Haneul turned around and saw Jin’s face about an inch away from hers. He glanced over and furrowed his eyes as he noticed the book that she was reading had no title, just a simple coffee-coloured cover. The girl bitterly smiled at him before flipping back to the page she was reading on. She could feel his breath along her neck as he read over her shoulder, carefully depicting the words.

 

“It’s my grandmother’s journal,” she finally said, turning the page.

“Your… grandmothers?”

“She was a writer back then, loved writing books and biographies of her travels.”

Standing up straight, he brought up a stool and sat down beside her. “Tell me more about her.”

She shifted in her seat and sighed, “Well, she was practically my role model. Looked after me when my parents weren’t home, took me in when I decided to cut ties with them, even supported me through high school.

But…”

Looking down, she started to play with her fingers from the nervousness. “She died of leukemia two years ago. I left my parents when I was fifteen so they still don’t about her death. They probably wouldn’t care anyways since I haven’t seen them in four years.”

Raising his hand, he wiped the tear that escaped from her eye. “You must miss her a lot.”

“Dearly,”

 

Silence engulfed the room as she noticed Jin drawing on another piece of paper. It was a different symbol from before, so it must’ve been another type of power. He took out his dagger and traced the lines. A dim blue light shone and there appeared a dark blue rose.

 

“My grandmother liked to grow blue roses. She’d always give me a bunch before going to work,” Jin sadly said.

Haneul slowly reached out to retrieve the flower, her fingers slightly brushing his. “What… happened to her?”

He got up and walked towards the window, slightly opening the blinds and bitterly smiled. “They took her when I was eight. She was the only family I had after my parents died in war.”

“There… was a war?”

“Between Bangtan and UVERworld; before the governor’s daughter went missing of course. It lasted for a few decades before everything subsided. All of our parents were murdered which deeply scarred us.”

And neither of us can ever forget. Someone thought as he listened in on their conversation.

“It was a long time ago, but it still haunts us. We were all thrown into cells and were force to train.”

“You mean…?”

“Yeah, even little Jungkook who was only three then,” sighed Jin as he looked over towards Jungkook’s peaceful figure. “All children who were left parentless were forced to become soldiers for our planet. Jo Kwon predicted that another war would occur in four hundred years because of our poor relationship with UVERworld. He said it would be best if the children were prepared as well as the adults… But four hundred years on Bangtan isn’t like four hundred years on Earth. It came faster than expected.” He coldly laughed, “I disliked training and I always wanted to run away from it, hoping to see my grandmother. So I waited two years before packing my things. It was a miracle to see her still alive and well.

But, every story always has a tragedy. UVERians came back, taking our people along with them and sent them to the Reversal Border...”

“And your grandmother was one of them.”

“It wasn’t only her. Jung Kook’s younger sister, Nam Joon’s best friend, Ho Seok’s baby cousin of four months, Yoon Gi’s twin brother. They were all taken.” He clenched his fist as he continued to stare out the window. “If only I didn’t run away, if only I stayed and became stronger.”

 

 

“Let me help you then,”

He turned around with a shocked expression. “What?”

“Let me help you find the girl,” she pressed, her voice full of determination. “If I help you find your governor’s daughter and help stop the UVERians, then you can free your loved ones right?”

“It’s easier said than done,” another voice chirped. Suga walked towards them with his eyes still half opened. “The Reversal Border is nothing of what anyone has experienced before. It’s practically indestructible; magic-proof, bulletproof and in anything that goes near it. Also, finding the girl won’t be easy especially when we have no clue what her name is or how she looks.”

“Tae Hyung, can’t he read a person’s body and tell?”

“He’s not going to use his power on every single person! She could be anywhere on Earth, or even on another planet!”

“Then are you just going to give up?” she sadly whispered. Suga looked at the girl with apologetic eyes before slumping to the ground.

“Let’s talk about this when everyone’s up.” Jin called as the sun slowly started to rise, bringing light into the room.

 


 

 

Posted On: March 22/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 988

***ALL IMAGES ARE FROM GOOGLE****