12. Finding Her

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

 

 

12. Finding Her

 

 

 

 

 

I went home feeling sick to the stomach. My life went from normal to super bizarre and now, I have to find my missing cousin who's apparently related to me in some way, shape or form. All my life, I went to school, cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner and slept. Now I bear this supernatural power that randomly appeared one day and a title of "Bangtan Planet's governor’s  niece". Could my life get any worse? Oh right, it did because now I have this group of aliens trying to hunt me down. Joy.

 

 

"Haneul, are you alright? Your face is looking pretty pale," asked Hoseok. I gave him a weak smile. The boys have been a great help with trying to calm me down, but I couldn't help but notice Jin's confused expression. I guess he's just as shocked as I am.

 

"Hey," I walked into the kitchen and sat myself beside him. He stared at me before giving me an acknowledging nod.

 

"I wish he explained everything to me," he sighed, "I still don't understand why my mother would do that to me."

 

"She must've had a reason. Maybe it was to protect you."

 

"I'm just worried about her. After I left Bangtan planet, I haven't heard news from her at all. I don't even know if I have a home to return to."

 

"Don't give up hope hyung," replied Hoseok as he walked in. His radiant smile gave off a comforting feeling that made Jin smile a bit.

 

"Yeah, I won't."

 

"So what are you going to do?" Namjoon asked me.

 

"I don't know. I can't really do much but try to figure out where my cousin is and how to stop these people from killing her, she might not even be alive."

 

“I say that we find Topp Dogg first. They seem to have leads to where she might be,” said Jimin.

 

“But they also want Haneul as well,” replied Jin, “we can’t risk it.”

 

“There has to be some way that we can find her…”

 

“Wait, I almost forgot! Maybe this can help,” cried Yoongi. He quickly ran into my room and retrieved a large brown book.

 

“You kept that here this entire time?” demands Namjoon.

 

“Probably the safest place to put it actually. Now what page was it on…?” he starts to flip through the book at a breakneck speed before stopping near the end. “Remember this?”

 

“A family tree? What about it?” asked Jin as he looked at the page. “Wait…” Furrowing his eyebrows, he slowly traces a finger on the page and shouts out in realisation. “I see now! Each member of the Governor’s family received their powers at the age twenty. At midnight on their birthday, their powers will be revealed and a huge surge of energy will erupt.”

 

“And on that day, massive groups of Unknown will be there,” continued Jungkook.

 

“Just like when we found Haneul. It all makes sense now. October twenty-seventh, nineteen earth years ago was when she was born. If we wait until then, it’s a high possibility that we can find her.”

 

“That’s a month away from now,” reminded Taehyung.

 

“A month of preparing should be enough.”

 

“Take note that Topp Dogg might also be there as well,” said Yoongi. “We don’t want to risk losing three very important people.”


 

 




 

Hyo Sang tightened his fist as he sat on top of a wooden crate. Looking over, he saw his group goofing off and having their time of their lives. If only I was as free as them…

 

“Hey Hyo Sang, come over here!” exclaimed P-Goon, gesturing the man to come over but Hyo Sang shook his head and smiled.

 

“You’re missing out on the fun though!” Jenissi whined.

 

“I’m alright, you guys go on ahead!” shouted Hyo Sang. His group looked at him before reluctantly leaving him to go to the clubs. Besides, this fun will only last for a short period of time.

 

Standing up, he walked near the end of the alley way before making a call.

 

“Yeah, I’m done…. Alright, see you.”

 

 




 

“WHAAAAAAAAATTTTT????” the loud ruckus woke everyone up from their slumber as they hurriedly ran down the stairs.

 

“What’s going on? Are you alright?” questioned Namjoon, only to receive glaring eyes that read ‘you’re-dead-today”.

 

“You guys ate all of my food? How is that even possible?” Haneul cried.

 

“We didn’t eat all of your food. We saved a few things here and there,” replied Jimin but when he looked at Taehyung who was currently scratching his head, he knew that the boys would be dead by today.

 

“The cupboards are even empty,” Jin said while closing the cupboard doors. “What did you three do?”

 

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook bowed their heads as Haneul sighed.

 

“You guys are going to buy me back my groceries. And I expect everything back by noon.”

 

“What? “No way!” “That’s going to take forever!”

 

“I’ll go,” answered Jin as he started putting on his shoes.

 

“What Jin! That’s not fair! The maknae line is supposed to go! It’s their punishment for eating all of my stuff!”

 

“It’s fine, really I don’t mind.” He gave her a heart-stopping smile before leaving the apartment.

 

“So...Jin huh?” Jungkook elbowed the older woman. She turned around and smacked him on the head with her cheeks as red as ever.

 

“That’s none of your business maknae, besides you still have punishment along with the other two.”

 

 


 


 

Jin exited the supermarket with several bags in his hands. Using one of his runes, the bags started to levitate just a little bit above his hands so he wouldn’t have to bear so much weight.

It looks like it’s about to rain he thought. The sky started to get darker and darker within minutes, the clouds crackled as lightning flashed through the sky. Something isn’t right. The sky turned pitch black and strong winds blew as the people walking in the streets ran for cover.

 

“Where is she…?” a dark, baritone voice cried. Jin panicked as he dropped the bags, frantically looking around for the owner of the voice.

 

“Impossible… It can’t be one of them.” whispered Jin. The ground started to shake and there from underground appeared something powerful. “It’s fully evolved… It must’ve killed so many of us in order to obtain this kind of strength.”

 

“Oh? Another pathetic being?” the creature stared at Jin with it’s gruesome eyes.

 

“I’ve never encountered anything like yourself, but I’d be honored to be the first to kill something like you,” stated Jin and he started drawing a difficult symbol. “BAHAMUT!”





 

“This way, hurry!” shouted Haneul. The group quickly ran through the streets, using flashlights to navigate through the city. Footsteps going pitter patter echoed until something appeared.

 

“You guys go on ahead!” shouted Hoseok. A dark figure grinned.

 

“What about you?” cried Jungkook.

 

“I’ll be fine, go find Jin!” The rest of the group ran north, leaving Hoseok behind with the large creature. “Finally, I get in on some action.”



 


 

 

 

Posted On: June 27/2014

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,179