16. Misunderstandings

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

 

16. Misunderstandings

 

 

 

 

She passed by their apartment building, noticing that the lights were on after taking a glance through the window. The boys' apartment was located on the second floor so it wasn't hard to spot what they were doing. She saw three of the seven boys laughing on the couch along with her. The girl was awfully pretty, tall and her eyes were just captivating. The way the boys smiled at her was different from when they smiled at Haneul. What made them change so quickly? Sighing, the brunette walked down the street towards her own home, the same one that she used to share with Bangtan. Sticking the key into the keyhole, she slowly turned the knob and took off her black Converse shoes.

 

I want answers, she thought as she plopped herself onto the couch. Her neighbors were having a party and started banging on the walls. Stupid drunkards, can't a girl think in peace?

Her phone suddenly buzzed,  notifying the girl that she received a text message.

 

Meet me outside your apartment in 10.

-K

 

Who was this "K" person? Haneul didn't want to go knowing that something could go terribly wrong, but a part of her wanted to meet this person, hoping maybe he could have the answer to her problem. Her fingers fumbled over the keyboard as she hesitated to reply. Ruffling her hair, she stood up and exited her apartment and stood by the front entrance. A tall figure dressed in navy blue jeans and a dark hoodie approached her.

 

"So you came," he said, his voice sounding awfully familiar.

 

"I did, but who are you and how did you manage to get my number?" she replied.

 

"We met before, Haneul. I believe at a bus stop."

 

She froze, lips gone dry. "K-Kim Hyo Sang?"

 

The figure smiled and pulled down his hood, "Correct. I called you out because I knew something like this would happen."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Your little situation is very unfortunate and you must be very confused."

 

"I don't understand," she glared at the older male, careful of her words. After hearing Bangtan's life story and their relationship with Hyo Sang, she was very cautious with her surroundings and the people she met up with.

 

"Come with me and I'll tell you everything.  I promise I won't hurt you."

 

"...Promise...?" She stuck out her pinky while the male laughed at her silliness.

 

"Promise."



 


 


 

Jimin and Jungkook sat on the stairs outside their apartment building, staring up into the sky. They were tired of being ignored, tired of having an unknown girl living in their dorm. As soon as she came into their lives, everything changed and what hurt the two the most was see Haneul's face when they told her about Mirae.

 

"I can’t believe the governor’s daughter is so annoying," growled Jimin. Jungkook only nodded in silence. The stars glistened in the night sky, twinkling as if they were agreeing to how the two felt. But the silent atmosphere changed when Jungkook spotted someone awfully familiar. Nudging Jimin, he pointed towards the two figures that were walking side by side.

 

“Isn’t that-”

 

“What is he doing with Haneul?” growled Jimin. He was about to approach them when Jungkook pulled him down and placed his index finger on his lips.

 

“We should wait. I have a feeling something might happen if we approach them too abruptly.”

 

The two of them followed the other pair secretly, trying to get in on their conversation.


 

“I don’t understand, how do you know about the situation?” asked Haneul.

 

“It’s a long story,” replied Hyo Sang, “but I had a vision about it.”

 

Haneul fidgeted around before carefully choosing her words, “Why… are you telling me? Why are you helping me?”

 

Hyo Sang stopped in his tracks and stared up ahead before looking up at the sky, “because you remind me of someone. A friend.”

 

“That’s not a very good answer...”

 

“To tell you the truth,” he turned towards her, “I actually found out long time ago that I was… well, a prince of Bangtan.”

 

The news hit her and the two boys who were hiding hard in the face, as if a truck was coming at them 100 miles per hour.

 

“Then… why are you helping the enemy? I mean, UVERworld?” Hyo Sang laughed as if it was the most ridiculous question. He clutched onto his stomach and crouched down, tears coming out of his eyes. Abruptly, he stood up and recomposed himself before turning towards her once again.

 

“Who said I was helping them? I don’t know what my brother told you, but that’s the most ridiculous piece of news that I’ve heard today.”

 

“H-Huh? Wait, you’re not helping them? Then, why is it that BTS saw you and your group kidnapping an elderly woman?”

 

“Let’s clear up some misunderstandings yeah?” he smiled at her before turning his head towards the direction of a large oak tree, “and your friends can join us as well.”

 

Friends? thought Haneul, but her expression suddenly changed when she saw Jimin and Jungkook appearing from behind the tree.

 

“W-What are you guys doing here?” she asked them and the two bowed in apology.

 

“Sorry noona, we saw you two talking and we thought something bad might have happened if we didn’t follow,” replied Jimin. She didn’t reply, but just nodded.




 

Jin sat on the couch while the others sat on the larger one with Mirae. He thought back about a few hours ago, when he yelled at the two younger boys. I don’t understand, why is it that V can get along with her fine but those two can’t? What’s wrong with Mirae?

 

It was true that V was part of the maknae line, but in all reality, he was more mature than Jimin and Jungkook. What Jin couldn’t get his head around was why they were acting so different towards the new girl. She didn’t seem any different from Haneul.

 

Did Jin think about Haneul? Yes, but was he so concerned for her now that Mirae came into his life? No. Why? Because Mirae was their ticket back home. Their triumph card that would stop UVERworld from attacking their home planet. A part of him wanted to clear up misunderstandings between him and Haneul, but he didn’t’ have the courage to go up to her.

 

What is she doing now?


 

 

I'm sorry there's not a lot of romance in my story... omg I really need to speed up the chemistry T-T Also, when I heard the news about the two members from Ladies Code, I was really surprised. I haven't listened to their songs or know much about them, but I do hope that the two members are at peace and that the three remaining members continue their dream. I really believed that Rise had a chance of surviving... the news is so depressing...

 

 

Posted On: Sept.7/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1160