09. Memories Pt. 2

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

09. Memories Pt. 2

 

“Good morning.” Opening his eyes, Jin recognized the familiar face that was hovering over with a small smile. Sitting up, he looked around and noticed a few other people who by the looks of it were new to the group that he and Jungkook formed a few months back.

“Who are they?” he asked. Gazing over towards the direction Jin was looking at, the younger boy’s smile grew even wider.

“Oh, they’re some people I picked up today at the marketplace,” Jungkook stated, “They’re like us so I thought maybe they could come along as well.”

A grin crept up and the older male nodded in approval. “Sure, I’m sure they can be good use to us.”

“Great!” Pulling Jin up, Jungkook dragged the man toward the newbies. “Guys, this is Jin hyung our leader!”

Jin slightly scowled in denial, “ I’m not the leader.”

Looking at the man, the one with pale skin asked, “You seem leader material. From what Jungkook told me, you even helped save him and gave him practically everything he's ever wanted.”

“Not really,” he replied, scratching his head, “I don’t know what that little guy told you, but I just offered to take him in, that’s all.”

“Haha, you seem pretty chill. My name is Yoon Gi, but call me Suga. The other two are Nam Joon aka, Rap Monster and Taehyung, or V.”

“Yo,”

“…”

Judging from his expression, Jin noted that Taehyung was someone who didn’t like to talk much, but he respected that and continued to smile, shaking Nam Joon’s and Yoon Gi’s hands.

“Oh yeah, the hotel bill is here by the way!” exclaimed Jungkook. Opening the envelope, Jin’s left eye twitched, knowing that he was the one who had to pay for Jungkook’s overuse of water.

“Jungkook, how many times did I tell you not to take an hour long showers?”

 


 

 

Jumping in the caravan, the group headed south in hopes of finding another place to stay. The constant bickering of Jin and Jungkook’s voice echoed while the three watched in amusement.

“They seem pretty nice,” whispered Nam Joon.

“Yeah, but how long do you think we can last with them?” asked Suga.

“Who knows, but we should be happy we have people who are like us.”

 


 

“Guys, what do you want for dinner?” shouted Jin who was holding a piece of paper in his hand.

“Kimchi stew!”

“No! Bulgogi!”

“INSTANT NOODLES!!!!!”

Rolling his eyes, he left the caravan and headed towards the convenient store.

 

In the far distance, a man wearing all black entered the convenient store as well. He’s one of us, I know it.

As Jin walked around the aisles, he noticed that someone was following him. No, I can’t get caught so soon! Hurrying, he walked towards the meat section but was shocked when the boy flew over and landed in front of him.

“Please, don’t run from me!” he whispered. Taking off his hood, the boy bowed in apology. “My name is Jimin. You’re one of us aren’t you?”

Glancing over, Jin observed that Jimin had barcode tattoo on his neck. “I-I am, but how did you know?”

“My friend and I have been following you for a while. We wanted to ask if we could join you, but I had this gut feeling that I couldn’t trust you.” Looking up, Jimin’s eyes sparkled, “But now we aren’t afraid. Please, will you let us join you? I-I just want to be away from those beasts… I might be of good use to your team as well!”

 

Reaching for a pack of meat, he smiled before grabbing another pack. Comprehending, Jimin hugged the older with continuous thank yous. “Now, who’s your friend?”

“Hoseok hyung, let’s go!” Jimin yelled. Looking up, the cashier gave a thumbs up before packing his things.

 


 

 

A millennium passed and winter soon rolled along. All bundled up, the group entered an old town where people around them scurried about. The special occasion called “Christmas” was almost here and everyone in the centre of town were all finding presents and buying dinner. The caravan came to a stop and everyone got off.

“Wow, there are a lot of people here,” said Yoon Gi in awe.

“It’s nice to be in a much livelier place. The last town was practically a graveyard,” Hoseok recalled.

“EXTRA, EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT! GOVERNOR JO KWON IS LOOKING FOR NAMES TO NAME HIS NEWBORN!” a boy in rags shouted as he handed out newspapers to those who passed by.

“A newborn… It’s funny how the Governor can make a woman pregnant but doesn’t have the guts to fix what happened last millennium,” snorted Jimin in disgust.

“Let’s go, the faster we find information, the faster we leave,” ordered Nam Joon.

 

As the group wandered about, the sky suddenly darkened and a blast of fire trickled past them.

“What’s going on?” a nearby citizen exclaimed.

“Look, it’s the UVERians!” an old man shouted in distress. The shower of flames continued to fall as everyone ran for cover. Many houses were burned as they were made out of wood while the cattle and chickens called out in worry.

“Jin, this way,” called out Hoseok. The group ran towards the caravan and immediately ran out of town, quickly heading towards a forest clearing.

“Thank goodness we got out of that mess,” sighed Jungkook.

“I wish we could have stopped that madness though,” Yoon Gi said, hearing the distance cries and explosions.

“There’s nothing we could have done,” muttered V.

“I guess this is where we’re staying for a few days,” Nam Joon stated, looking around the clearing to find only trees and grass.

“It’s not that bad,” Jin replied, “At least we’re safe.”

 

 

Waking up the next day was probably the worst decision Jin made. A call of distress woke him up which made the older jump in fear.

“Jin hyung help! This man is trying to kidnap me!” exclaimed Jungkook as he struggled from escaping his kidnapper’s grasp.

“Get your hands off of him!” Jin yelled.

“Please, I’m not here to harm you. I need your help!” the mysterious man called out.

“Yeah right, release the boy!” shouted Jimin.

Releasing the younger, Jungkook raced towards Jin and gave him a hug.

“Please, I really need your help! You’re the only ones who can help me!” pleaded the man.

“I can’t trust you, but I can hear you out at least,” sighed Jin.

“Thank you, please, follow me.”

 

Cautiously, they all followed the man into an underground shelter. Their faces turned grim as they noticed the people around them.

“You,” glared Jin. His guard from the past looked up with the same expression.

“So, you decided to come back?” he smirked.

“Watch your words Ji Yong, we aren’t here to cause havoc,” warned the man from before. “By the way, my name is Teddy, I’m Jo Kwon’s right hand man.”

“Jin. These are my friends.”

“Pleasure to meet you, Jin. If you haven’t noticed already, UVERians have come back to banish people to the Reversal Boarder.”

“I know, my grandmother was one of them,” Jin darkly replied.

“I understand that and I’m terribly sorry for your loss-“

“SHE ISN’T DEAD YET!”

The sudden burst of anger silenced the room.

“Anyways, what I’m trying to say is that our governor was taken away just yesterday.”

“And what does this have to do with us?” glared Nam Joon.

Getting down on his knees, the man pleaded. “Please, you have to find his daughter before the UVERians do.”

“Why are you asking us?” growled V, “make someone else do the job.”

“Please! If you don’t find her, then all of Bangtan will crumble!”

“This is pathetic. Let’s go guys.”

 

PLEASE FIND MY NIECE!”

 


 

 

Hi everyone... Sorry for the short update... I'm really devestated from hearing about Kris filing a lawsuit against SM. It's really hard to believe the rumors right now, but all I can say is.... KRIS HWAITING! He's my bias in EXO and it'll hit me hard if he does leave EXO, but I respect his decision if he does. I just hope he gets through this and I'm really glad that he's standing up for his rights. #webelieveinyoukris

 

I'll smile...
Don't wanna see you cry
Just sing me a lullaby
I'll cry for you, to see your smile
This will be my lullaby~

 

Posted On: May 16/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1409