17. Truth about the Reversal Border

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

Thank you for 1898 views, 11 upvotes, 95 subscribers and 38 comments! :D I love you guys so much!! <3 <3 <3

 


17. Truth about the Reversal Border

 

 

We arrived in a nearly deserted cafe around five blocks away from my apartment. We took a seat near the back where no windows surrounded us.

"Go order something, it’s on me," said Hyo Sang as he called for a waitress. I tried picking the cheapest thing here, but everything was so expensive. The cheapest desert started at ₩10,000 while the drinks started at around ₩4,000. I glanced around at Jimin and Jungkook who were happily chatting with the waitress.

"We'd like a piece of raspberry cheesecake, a slice of mango sponge cake and two caramel macchiato please."

I calculated the total of their order in my head and glanced at Hyo Sang who just smiled and handed his money over to the waitress "Anything for you Haneul?"

I skimmed the menu once again and settled on a small cup of coffee, while Hyo Sang ordered a slice of strawberry shortcake and a latte. After everything arrived, we started talking business.

"It’s up to you whether you believe me or not. I don't expect you to, but I'd be grateful if you stayed and listened to my story," said Hyo Sang as he sipped his latte. I looked at the two younger boys who nodded at Hyo Sang to continue.

"Well, let's see... Where shall I start hmm?"


 


"Should we go look for them?" asked Hoseok. Namjoon sighed as he sat down on the floor. Mirae looked at everyone who all had worried expressions on their faces.

"Mirae, I think you should go to sleep," said Yoongi who led her to her room. The girl looked back once more before entering her room with a sigh.

"Do you think they went to Haneul's?" questioned Taehyung. Everyone turned toward with furrowed eyebrows. "What?"

"Let’s check the park first," offered Namjoon, "Yoongi you stay here with Mirae."

And with that, the four boys left the house.

 

 


Hyo Sang/Kidoh

 

They entered the house unexpectedly, armed with guns and spears and dressed in bulletproof vests. With the devilish look in their eyes, they tore down the living room and everything around it. Kept hidden, I followed them around as they grumbled about not being able to find my brother and I. Then, my grandmother entered the room and at that point, I started to attack.

“There you are you brat!” one of the men yelled as the pointed their spear at me. I managed to dodge it, but because of how much bigger they were, they managed to get a hold of me. I struggled but everything went black.

 

 

When I came to, I found myself in a prison cell with around twelve other boys who were about the same age as me, maybe even younger.

“Finally, you’re awake,” one of them said.

“Where am I?” I asked him while looking around. A few of the boys weren’t awake yet.

“I don’t know, but I think they kept us as hostages or something.”

“Or as victims, I bet we’re next batch to be sent to the Reversal Border,” growled another. One by one, everyone came to and we all introduced ourselves.

Then, the door opened and we were served food; except for me. I stared at the guard who gave me a dirty look. He muttered something to his friend who looked at me with a glare.

“He was supposed to be dead,” the guard told his friend. The other guard shrugged and walked away, but was stopped when a fist landed on his cheek. “Can’t you do anything right?”

He looked at me and took out his gun. Why is the world against me? I thought to myself, positioning my right hand where my hip was. He was about to pull the trigger when B-Joo lunged at him and grabbed the man’s leg. Quickly, I drew something on the concrete wall using my dagger and a flash of light appeared. A hand made out of the concrete wall grabbed the guard and crushed him.

 

The other guard as well as boys looked at me in astonishment.

 

“What the hell…?” P-Goon was the first to speak. The guard continued to stare before wailing in terror.

“Jenissi, grab him!” I shouted. The boy hesitated but managed to catch up to guard, pinning him down.

Then, guards from all directions came to help aid their comrade, but there were twelve of us and six of them. They started cursing, pointing their spears and guns at us but we weren’t intimidated. In fact, with one snap of his fingers, Xero created a swamp of fire which swallowed them up.

“Nice one!” exclaimed A-Tom and we all made our way towards the exit-- that is, if there was an exit. Before we reached the second floor, our feet froze to the ground and the temperature dropped drastically to the point that our breaths could be seen. A very tall (but rather chubby) man came down the stairs in a dramatic way. With each step he took we could hear the thumping along the staircase. He was well dressed and looked like someone who was very important.

“So these are the little trouble makers,” he said and gave us a vicious grin that sent chills down our spines. All of the guards froze and bowed down to him, only getting up when the man raised his hand. He turned towards me and his eyebrows furrowed but then, gave me the fakest smile I’ve ever seen. With each step he took, I wanted to step back, but of course I was frozen to the ground. From the back, I could hear A-Tom and Jenessi growl, fighting back the urge to release their powers on the well-dressed man.

“It seems that two of you know me,” the evil man smiled.

“Very well,” sneered A-Tom.

“Well, for those who don’t know me, I am the King of UVERworld and I have a proposal to make.”

 

I didn’t want to hear it because I knew it would be something I’d regret later on. I looked around and from the look of everyone’s faces; they too didn’t want to do whatever he was going to say.

But a few days later, we started our new job: taking people to the reversal boarder. The King’s conditions were very decent (To everyone’s mind and eyes) but I knew what he was planning.

 

 

“And what was that?” Haneul asked me, her eyebrows furrowed downwards.

 

“He wants to take over Bangtan planet. When I agreed to his terms, I could tell that he was ecstatic knowing that he was able to ‘convince’ one of the princes to join him,” I replied and gave a fake smile.

“Do you really take those people to the reversal border?”

I didn’t want to answer that question. The reversal border was something that I would never want to tell someone and it wasn’t because it was something I wasn’t allowed to talk about. It was because I’ve never seen something so dark in my life. “I’d rather not tell you.”

Abruptly, she got up and grabbed my collar. “I need to know Hyo Sang!”

The environment outside changed and lightning cracked through the sky. The lights in the cafe started to flash and Jungkook’s expression darkened. “Tell us.”

I sighed and nodded, “The reversal border is something I don’t like talking about. I only signed up for the job so I could see my grandmother again and maybe try to release everyone who are trapped in there, but now after I saw what place it really is, I never want to go back.” I put my latte down, “It’s the most lonesome and apocalyptic place that you don’t ever want to go to. Every person who is put in there has gone completely insane, to the point that their brains can’t handle the stress. They can be released but… but it’s--”

A hand touched mine and I looked up. “You’re shaking,” she told me softly with worried eyes.

“S-Sorry…”

“Is… It that bad?” Jimin asked cautiously.

“The King sends people to monitor us when we go to the reversal border. After doing a lot of research, I found that only certain people can release those who are in the reversal border. So far, I couldn’t find anyone who has that certain power.”

“And what would that be?” both Jungkook and Jimin questioned at the same time.

 

 

"Telekinesis."

 


Boring chapter I know... Sorry... T___T But yeah, do you believe Kidoh/Hyo Sang's story? Comment below! ^^

 

 

Posted On: Sept.26/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1450