Epilogue

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

Listen:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULbIHbNMHo (Bangtan Boys: Converse High)

 


Epilogue

 

 

 

Waking up with the sun in my face, I snuggled into the sheets until I realised that he wasn’t there. Where did he go? Getting dressed, I walked down the stairs only to be greeted by Mogo, one out of our five puppies.

Picking him up, I continued walking down the stairs to the first floor and saw a heartwarming sight.

“Nari, this is how you use them,” Jin was sitting down while holding Nari’s small hands with his as he tried to teach her how to use the chopsticks.

“This is hard dwaddy,” she pouted while trying to pick up a piece of daikon. He laughed and offered to feed her but as the kimbap was about to enter , he changed direction and fed himself.

Mogo ran out of my arms and into Jin’s lap, “Hi there. Is mom awake?”

Smiling, I walked towards him and kissed his cheek. “I’m awake now.” I picked up Nari and kissed her forehead, “good morning princess.”

“I’ll be taking her to school today so don’t worry,” he smiled and led me towards the table. “I made kimbap and kimchi stew for breakfast. You were craving it last night so I decided to make you it again.”

I melted and ate the stew in happiness, “Thank you.”

“You’re very welcome princess. Now,” he turned towards Nari and picked her up, “we need to get you ready for school.”

 

 

Six years had passed since that day, the day when he proposed to me. It still felt like a dream or a hallucination but Nari always brought me back to reality. She was a little bundle of energy that kept me going every day when Jin wasn’t around (who was working every now and then).  The three of us along with our five little puppies lived in the castle on Bangtan Planet while Mirae lived on Earth with Kidoh who were very much happy even though they didn’t have a child (yet). The parents all lived in a separate castle that was much smaller compared to the main but they all enjoyed each other’s company. BTS and Topp Dogg however did not enjoy being alone for seven years and decided to go back to Earth to find some company (in which all of them came back the day after they departed, saying that human females were scary).

 

 

When Jin returned home, he smiled and sat down beside me on the couch with an arm snaking around my waist. “So, what should we do while we wait?”

“Let’s go walk around town,” I grinned and he kissed me.  We got dressed and when we walked out of the castle walls, we were immediately greeted by civilians. Six years and this still felt all new to me. I never imagined my life to be like this as I thought I would have my nose stuck in books until I hit thirty but then everything changed.

“Do... you remember when we first met?” he asked me while we walked into a large field full of flowers and trees.

“I do and it was a weird. Remember you landed on my front lawn?” I replied with a giggle and he laughed.

“That was unintended but after that encounter we got closer.”

We spent the day reminiscing the past while lying down on the grass, watching the clouds pass by in the blue sky.  A couple people came up to us to talk to us but other than that, it was a relaxing day. We walked around town once more before picking up Nari from school, who ran out of the school with a wide smile plastered on her face. She held up a painting and teased us as she saw us holding hands.

 

When we arrived home that evening, we were greeted by Jin’s parents who looked ecstatic when they saw us. His mom ran over towards me and led me to the dining table where several presents were laid out.

“So, did he wish you yet?” she giggled while handing me a black shiny bag.

I couldn’t help feel disappointed but I smiled at her, “No, not yet but I have faith.”

“Aigoo, my boy needs to learn,” she teased, “but I believe he remembered.” She turned towards her husband and Jin who were both chatting away with Nari in his arms. “I bet Nari even wished you.”

I scrunched my nose, “She hasn’t either.  Perhaps they’re planning something.” Suddenly, the lights turned off and I slightly jumped.  “What’s going on?”

 

~Happy Birthday to you~!

I heard them suddenly appear behind me, singing while Nari held a small cake in her tiny hands. It was decorated with love and I couldn’t help but cry a little.

 When they finished singing I blew out the candles and the lights turned back on. We opened presents and joked around before my parents came in to the room with open arms.

“My lovely daughter!” my father yelled and side hugged me. He grinned at me before my mom shoved him off and took her turn to hug me.

“You look so pretty today,” she smiled and greeted Jin’s parents. They were equally excited, especially the mothers who were glancing at me several times.  

 

An hour into the celebration, the parents were chatting with Jin while Nari was beside me with worry written all over her face.

“Call daddy over,” I groaned. She ran over and pulled at his leg before he looked at my direction. I gave him a tired smile and he knew what was going on.

He ran over towards me and picked me up, yelling at our parents who were deeply engrossed in their conversation, “Mom, dad we need to go to the hospital!”

 

 

“WHAT! SHE’S GIVING BIRTH ALREADY?!”

 

Today, was a memorable day.