06. Jenissi

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

Hello fellow readers! Thank you for the wonderful support! I'm sorry if the story is confusing you so far... Please let me know if you're confused and i'll be grateful to help you out.


06. Jenissi

{Third Person}

 

 

Hyo Sang bit his lower lip as he watched the girl walk into the apartment building. His target was slipping away from his grasp as the girl disappeared through the door. Hissing under his breath, he started the engine of his car and started backing up, running a hand through his hair as his eyebrows furrowed downwards.

The older man did not like how he was stalling, but the plan needed to be executed with precision and awareness.

“I’m done, you can go in now. I think you should be careful though. I have a feeling they’re going to be in her apartment as well,” he said into his Bluetooth.

The person on the end chuckled, “do you underestimate me Hyo Sang? Believe me; I’ll make sure they won’t even notice.”

The man could only shake his head, having enough of his friend’s cockiness. “Don’t mess up.”

 


 

 

It was midnight when Bangtan and Yi Xing left, bidding goodbye to the girl before heading out to Bangtan’s apartment.

“It’s really lonely,” muttered Haneul while she cleaned up the kitchen table. “Who knew they would be so comfortable to talk to.”

Suddenly, she felt a shiver go down her spine. A feeling she had all her life when something didn’t feel right. Carefully placing the dishes into the sink, she walked around her apartment, checking through rooms for something she could use.

“Crash!” was the next thing she heard. Sweat ran down her face as she grabbed a baseball bat. “W-Who’s there?”

Cautiously making her way into the living room, she found a man struggling with… his shoelaces?

 

“Damn,” he cursed, quickly stuffing his shoelaces into his shoes before standing up. Haneul started to laugh, catching the man’s attention.

“Oh gosh, this is just hilarious!” she continued to laugh, “How can a grown up man not know how to tie up his shoes?”

The man glared at her before coughing. “Are you finished?”

“J-Just one second,” she replied. Whipping the tears from her eyes, she immediately raised her baseball bat once again. “Who are you?”

“I think introductions should be skipped for the sake of time,” he firmly said, “but know this woman.” Suddenly he appeared beside the girl; his breath trailing down her shoulder as he continued, “I’ve been ordered to kidnap you.”

“TWACK!” the man groaned and looked at Haneul with eyes that read ‘what-the-hell?!’. Swinging the baseball bat, she smiled before running out of her apartment with the man just a few feet away.

 

 


 

 

Jin woke up with a startle, as if he felt someone pull on his leg. Cold sweat trailed down his face as he frantically looked around. It was 1:34am and the boy felt very uneasy. Exiting his room, he grabbed his jacket and wore his shoes before leaving the house in silence, thinking of where he could go to clear his mind.

As he walked toward the park, he saw an awfully familiar figure near his favourite oak tree. When the figure turned around, his body froze. No…

Smirking, the figure walked towards him.

Finally, after inhaling a deep breath, Jin broke the silence, “It’s been a while, little brother.”

“Where is she?” the deeper voiced male growled. Jin scowled, knowing that his younger brother was talking about Haneul. What does he want with her?

“That’s none of your concern.”

“I believe it does concern me, so hand over the girl before I take her by force.”

Why does he want her so badly?

“And what if I don’t?”

 

A scream howled through the air.

 

“Familiar to you?” smirked the younger man.

“Stop it,” ordered Jin, but the distanced, familiar scream continued. His knuckles turned pale as his palms started to slightly bleed.

Hyung, do you hear that beautiful sound?”

“Stop it.”

“The sound of pathetic and helpless people?”

 

“I said stop it!” Jin shrieked, falling onto the sidewalk with his hands covering his ears; his dagger falling out of his hand and clashing against the cement. He was trembling, as a thousand emotions ran through his mind; fear being the one he felt the most. At this point, Jin looked like a helpless little boy. Please, make it stop!

“You’re so pathetic,” his younger brother said as he used his shoe to draw a symbol on the pavement. “I can’t believe I looked up to such a weakling like you.”

A dark ring of light appeared and there appeared a dark shady figure.

“I really didn’t like you,” mumbled the boy, “so I guess this is goodbye.”

With the snap of his fingers, the shadow broke into a sprint.

But Jin wasn’t going to go down so soon. He quickly used his shaky finger and drew a symbol in the dirt, grabbing his dagger and plunging it into the ground.

And with that, he disappeared into thin air.

 

 


 

 

 

She ran at a breakneck speed, hoping to lose the 174cm giant. It wasn’t long until her legs took her into an unfamiliar neighbourhood. Panicking, she continued to execute sharp turns and jumps over barricaded fences but her luck ran out when she came to a dead end.

“Your luck has ran out little girl,” the man chuckled as he took out a dagger, one slightly similar to Jin’s.

“Who are you and what do you want from me?” she screamed, nervously trying to find a way out.

“My name is Jenissi and like I said, I was ordered to take you with me.”

“Why?”

The man playfully shrugged as he walked towards her. With every step he took, she took one back.

 

 

 

“Get away from her Jenissi,” someone demanded. Jenissi turned around with disappointment written all over his face.

“I thought I killed you,” he snarled. Yi Xing smirked as he advanced towards him.

“You did.”

“I guess I’ll needed to kill you again.” With a sigh, he turned his attention towards the man and a fight broke out.

 

The sharp dagger slashed at Yi Xing’s forearm as well as his lower leg, causing the older to hiss from the pain. Specks of light suddenly surrounded the wounds and as if it wasn’t there, they quickly healed at the speed of light.

“I’ve always disliked your healing abilities,” remarked Jenissi, “it’s a pain in the to deal with you again.”

Run Haneul, I’ll take care of him. The girl heard his thoughts and turned his attention towards the healer with an uneasy expression.

Are you sure Yi Xing?

Go to Jin’s apartment. Take a left then keep running straight until you see an apartment building. Don’t ever leave their sight.

With a nod, the girl bolted past the boys and into the direction where she was ordered to go, not daring to look back.

Please be safe, Yi Xing.

 

 


 

 

Crashing into a table, Jin suddenly appeared in the living room of an apartment. Shaking his head, he cursed under his breath for making so much noise. The lights and there stood an unfamiliar figure.

“What are you doing here? Are you here to rob me?!” the lady yelled, grabbing a broom and started swatting Jin’s back.

Trying to cover up his face, he ran towards the door through the door (one of the side effects of using the teleporting symbol).

The lady’s eyes widened and with a ‘thump’, her body met the cold, hard floor.

I’m very sorry ahjumma! He sincerely apologized in his mind, hoping his neighbour wouldn’t call the cops after she woke up. Mental note: practice teleporting more often.

Rummaging his pockets, he took out the key to his apartment room and unlocked the door.

“Where were you hyung?” asked Jungkook. His hair and sleepy face indicated that he just woke up.

“Sorry, I had to clear my mind.”

“I heard the ahjumma next door scream. Did something happen?”

“Who knows,” shrugged Jin. Before he could take off his coat, the door was suddenly abused by continuous pounds.

“OPEN UP!!! PLEASE!!!” a melodious voice called out.

“Haneul, what are you doing here so late?” asked Jin when he opened the door. The girl frantically shook her head as the tears ran down her face.

“That doesn’t matter right now. Please, just help Yi Xing!”

“H-Hey, calm down first. What do you mean by help Yi Xing?”

The girl threw herself towards the man and engulfed him into a tight hug.

“Th-This guy suddenly appeared at my apartment. He said he was going to kidnap me, so I ran out. I-I don’t know where I was, but I met a dead end and there he threatened me with a dagger. Yi Xing then came, and a fight broke out. I d-don’t know how long he’ll be able to stand against him!”

“Hyung, I’ll go find him,” offered Jungkook. Before Jin could reply, the younger boy already had his shoes and jacket on.

“Be careful Jungkook. Report back if anything happens.”

 


 

 

When Jungkook arrived at the scene, his nose scrunched up from the smell of blood. “Yi Xing hyung, are you there?”

In the corner of the alleyway, two figures faced each other; one on the ground while the other hovered just above him. His sharp dagger sparkled under the dim light.

Silently, Jungkook gasped. The familiar figure’s name was on the tip of his tongue.

“Any last words, Yi Xing?” Jenissi laughed, touching his blade in a menacing manor.

“Go to hell,” spat the older, slightly shifting his gaze towards the shadowy area of the alley.

 

Electricity abruptly ran through Jenissi’s nervous system, causing the dagger to clatter against the ground.

“So, we finally meet again,” a voice called out.

“J-Jungkook?!”

“Nice to see you again, Jenissi hyung. I heard that it was you who bothered my noona."

Nervously, the older struggled to crawl against the wall.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to run away,” coughed Yi Xing with a slight smirk.

“Might I remind you, your power is useless when it comes to mine.” Jungkook stated, slowly taking steps towards the nervous male.

“D-Don’t come any closer!” Jenissi threatened with his dagger, but a slight knock from Jungkook’s foot sent the dagger hurling onto the ground.

Picking Yi Xing off the ground, he walked away, but not before turning around and watched the helpless male panic. “Make sure you tell P-Goon to back off.”

 


So, do you know who this 'Kim Hyo Sang' person is now? :)

 

 

Posted On: May 3/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,779