13. Second Ability and Worries

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

13. Second Ability and Worries

 

The streetlights were a dim colour, barely lighting up the area as if something was absorbing the city’s power. Upon arrival, a large beast-like creature was battling against a large metallic-coated dragon.

That’s Jin’s! Thought Jimin as the dragon fell down onto the pavement with a loud thud. Lying in the corner was a male’s unconscious body.  

“Jin… Jin, wake up!” Haneul shook the male but he gave no response.

“Haneul, take Jin to a safe place! We’ll take care of things here,” exclaimed Namjoon. Without a word, Haneul started dragging Jin towards the outskirts of town. As they approached the beach, a chimera-like creature appeared before them with bloodshot eyes.

For once in her life, Haneul was scared. Clutching onto the boy’s body she braced herself as the beast charged towards her at full speed. She mentally prayed for the best when it lunged towards her with its powerful paw ready to strike, her body shaking uncontrollably. But something overcame her and a large crystal-like dome surrounded the pair, pushing the chimera back and into the air.

“W-What happened…?” she gasped. Immediately, she looked at Jin but found him still unconscious. Then she looked at her hands which were glowing green and the crystal dome slowly started to disappear.  The beast growled as it regained its balance and roared out in anger, charging once again for the pair. This time, a pillar of fire engulfed it and it cried out in pain.

“J-Jin…!”

The male smiled as Haneul released him from her grasp. Coming to the rescue, Yixing suddenly appeared beside Jin and the two nodded.

“I don’t have much time left, but I hope I can be of use to you,” he said.

“What do you mean?” asked Haneul, but he brushed it off as he started healing a scratch on Haneul’s leg. Jin on the other hand twirled his dagger, a sign of taunting as the chimera panted, steam coming out of its nose.  Instead of drawing in the cement, he used the dagger and slashed through the air in which a symbol appeared. The wind started to pick up and the dim streetlights flashed.

“Haneul, summon that shield again,” ordered Yixing.

“I-I don’t know if I can Xing, it just suddenly appeared,” stuttered the girl, but nevertheless she concentrated on created the crystal dome. It was slow at first, only forming near their legs, but with enough time and concentration, they were inside the dome once again. “What’s going to happen?”

“Just watch,” smiled Yixing, “only someone with royal blood running through them can do such a thing.”

The water from the ocean started to swirl as a large typhoon formed with thunder flashing through the sky. Then as if on cue, the large dragon from earlier appeared once again. Flapping its wings, the wind became stronger and stronger and the thunder started to mix in with the typhoon. It twirled towards the chimera while it tried to run away but was swept up by the wind and was painfully electrocuted. As black smoke floated into the sky, everything started to die down. The dome disappeared and Jin fell once again into an unconscious state.

“Jin!”

 

 

After the strange phenomenon, the power was successfully restored back to the city and all the citizens sighed in relief.  The group returned to Haneul’s apartment where they placed Jin in one of the guest rooms.

“He’s running a fever,” said Yixing as he placed a wet cloth on the male’s forehead. “It’s pretty bad considering the fact that his forehead burned my hand.”

“Will he be alright?” asked Haneul, her voice slightly cracking near the end.

Yixing smiled and patted her head, “Yeah, its normal for someone like him to burn up, especially after performing something so deadly.”

Biting her lower lip, she stared at the sleeping male. His eyes frowned in discomfort as he slightly rolled around in his sleep. “Yixing, what did you mean before by ‘I don’t have much time left’?”

The Chinese man sighed and sat down on the couch. “It’s almost been three months since I was turned into a ‘Lost’.  I have one more week to live before I disappear for good.”

“Don’t you want to go home though?”

Giving the girl a broken smile he nodded, “I do, but there’s no point going back to a place that’s been taken over. Even if I try to step foot on my home planet, I’ll be instantly thrown into a jail cell by those UVERians. They’ll question me until they find out where Jo Kwon’s daughter is.”

“My father never finished telling me everything. What happened to the queen of Bangtan? I know that the Governor and the governess were taken to the Reversal Border, but there must be a queen as well right?”

“She’s in jail.”Yi Xing sighed,  “The last time I saw her was when I was in my early adult years. But after the UVERians attacked our planet, she was taken away and thrown into a jail cell. Every day I would hear screams coming from the government building. From what I heard, she was beaten and not fed properly. The king of UVERworld forced her into marriage, but our queen refused so he started beating her.”

He looked broken and lost. The young male was not how he was before. No matter how brown his eyes were, they looked completely grey in the mirror and his spirit seemed to be drained from him. “So Haneul, when I go, please take care of Jin and the rest of BTS. They may look unbreakable, but they’re fragile like glass when it comes to their home being at steak. The boys believe that they’ll find Jo Kwon’s daughter so please make their wish come true.”

Haneul was crying now. Never in her life would she have thought that someone she’d known for only a few months would already be leaving. “Xing… Don’t leave…”

“Hey, I still have a week left! Don’t start crying now!” exclaimed the man in hopes of trying to lighten up the mood. But Haneul continued to cry as her white shirt was now stained with tears. A comforting hand rested on her shoulder as she looked up.  The male smiled at her and rested his left hand on her chocolate coloured hair. A purple light started to glow and the girl slowly fell asleep. Little did she know that what the Chinese man told her was partially a lie.   

“Sorry Haneul, but I can’t look at crying girls with ease.” He sighed and laid the girl beside Jin, tucking the two in while kissing Haneul’s forehead.

“Sleep well,” he said, disappearing into thin air. “I’m very grateful for being your guardian.”


 

Sorry for the short update... :( Please answer this poll as well before clicking the 'x' button on your tab :) Thank you!

 

 

 

Posted On: July 12/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,167