19. Early Departure

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

19. Early Departure

 

 

She groaned as her phone continued to ring. Rolling over, she reached over to her nightstand, grabbing the phone before tapping the green icon.

“Hello?” she groggily answered.

The male on the other end laughed, “Good morning to you too.”

The girl shot up from her bed, eyes as wide as a TV screen, “K-Kidoh, why are you calling so early?”

“Early? Do you even know what time it is?”

Haneul looked at her screen. It was 1 in the afternoon and the girl had to attend her classes. “Oh no, I’m late!”

Racing off her bed, she ran into bathroom for a quick shower before throwing on some clothes. The male on the other end sighed and hung up.

Fifteen minutes later, the doorbell rang and there stood the chic male at the door.

“What would I do without you?” the girl smiled before entering the car.

The male shrugged and started the engine, “say, why continue school if you’re so busy with all this ‘alien’ stuff?”

The girl glared at him while she closed her 700 paged textbook, “I got dragged into this mess. Besides, I need to achieve my dream somehow.”

He kept quiet as he drove. He didn’t want to bother her since it seemed like a sensitive topic. When they arrived, the girl bolted out the door.

“Thanks for the ride!”

He waved at her but his smile turned into a frown. I should have asked her then… Ruffling his hair, he drove back to the hideout.

 


It was 8 in the evening and classes were still going on. Her eyes drooped as her head bobbed side to side while the professor monotonously continued on with the lecture. “Hana, wake me up when it’s over.”

Her seatmate looked at her before putting a book in front of her face. “Sleep tight.”

 

 

 

“Let’s go,” he said.

The other figures looked at each other before nodding, though one seemed unsure.

“J-Just wait, I need to do something,” he exclaimed, running out the door before anyone could stop him.

“Y-Yah, we’ll be in Gunja! You better be there in an hour!” the leader yelled.

The brunette raced down the street before hailing a taxi. “Take me to Seoul University please, and hurry!”

The driver floored the pedal and in ten minutes, they arrived. But something was wrong when he entered the university’s property.

W-What is he doing here?

“I’ll see you at 3!” the other male said.

She smiled, “don’t forget to bring me food!”

The male flicked her forehead before ruffling her hair, “of course you little monster. I’ll see you soon.”

The brunette turned his back and opened the taxi door once again,”Gunja please,” his shoulders drooped.

 

“What took you so long?” the youngest exclaimed while the leader continued to glare at the latecomer.

“Sorry, I had to do something. Let’s go.”

“You ready to go back home?” the 4D member asked the younger girl. She hesitated for a second before nodding with a smile.

 

With a loud slam, Haneul jerked up, “I’m awake!”

Her seatmate chuckled, “Sorry but class ended.”

“W-Wait what?” the younger girl exclaimed and took out her phone. 10 missed calls and 17 text messages, all sent around 9:32pm. “Oh no, he must be so worried!” She rushed out the classroom with Hana staring in confusion.

“When did she get a boyfriend?”

 


 

“You’re late, do you know how long I waited for you?” he scolded.

Haneul sheepishly smiled while they sat in the car. “Sorry, I kind of fell asleep in class.”

Kidoh laughed as he pulled into a parking lot located to the side of a Korean BBQ restaurant. “But you got at least 9 hours or more of sleep last night.”

“Do you know how boring the professors are?” she whined, making the male cringe from the sudden ageyo. It was silent as the two waited for their meals. “Hey, Hyo Sang…”

Kidoh looked up. Although he only knew the girl for a few months, he knew that something was wrong when she called him by his real name. “What’s up?”

“I… I had another vision,” she mumbled.

The male shot up from his seat in surprise, “What was it about?”

Haneul bit her lip while gripping the hem of her shirt. Unintentionally, tears started to slip from her eyes. “They… They’re going to leave.”

“W-What…?” His eyes widened, they can’t leave! It’s too soon!  “Haneul, we have to go.”

 


Posted On: Nov. 16/14

Last Updated/Edited: Dec.19/14

Word Count: 743