05. Kim Hyo Sang

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

05. Kim Hyo Sang

{Third Person}

 

 

 

“Yi Xing hyung?!” the boys shouted in surprise.

“It’s nice to see you boys again. How are you?”

 

The boys stared at the older in shock and with rage.

“We haven’t seen you in ten decades and yet you casually say ‘How are you’’?” growled Rap Mon, in which his clenched fists were ready strike the elder’s perfectly symmetrical and angelic face. Luckily, Suga beat him to it but unfortunately fell right through the older man.

“What the hell?” cursed the pale boy as he crashed into the table.

My table… Haneul mentally wailed.

“I was going to warn you, but your actions were quicker than my words,” shrugged Yi Xing with a slight smirk on his face.

“Hyung,” stated Jungkook as he stretched his hand to touch the man’s chest, “What happened to you?” Curiously, everyone else did the same but only ended up touching air.

“This is what happens when you become a ‘Lost’. You become these lifeless creatures that are neither spirits nor people,” sighed Yi Xing, “The ‘Lost’ are neither living nor dead if you’re wondering. We are all from the planet Bangtan, but were either killed by the Unknown or just naturally die due to aging. We take form of little green flames and float around the city, hoping to avoid the Unknown from gobbling us up.”

 “So, how do you become one, like yourself I mean?” J-hope asked with his eyebrows furrowed…

“It’s because you boys didn’t put a seal on me earlier. It’s true that seals help contain the ‘Lost’, but when you don’t put a seal on a ‘Lost’ that has been already dead for quite some time, their power to control their form messes up a bit. It may seem like we’re alive, but the ‘Lost’ disappear after three months when in human form.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Hyung, do you know who she is?”

Yi Xing was befuddled at what the younger was trying to get. The two of them were in the kitchen, talking privately as the others played the Wii.

“She’s a rather special girl. I’ve watched over her for a while and found out that she possess a great amount of power,” he replied.

“Does that mean she’s Jo Kwon-shi’s daughter?” replied V.

The air in the room tensed as the orange haired male’s eyes drilled holes through the Chinese’s. With a sigh, he sat down and rubbed his temple.

“It’s complicated, but I don’t think she is.”

“What do you mean?”

“You see, Haneul-shi is part human, part Bangtan. From what I understand, their daughter was full Bangtan, but both have the expected power; the power to see the events of the upcoming future.”

“Upcoming future, what do you mean?”

“She knew that she was going to meet you boys, but she chose not to believe it.”

“That explains why she wasn’t very curious about us and believed everything we said.”

“But I also sense something else developing inside of her, perhaps another power that is far greater than anyone else’s.”

 

V froze and stared at the man. “How…?”

Yi Xing shook his head and stared at the door. “I don’t know. We haven’t had anyone in over a millennium have dual powers, aside from people like Jin. But like I said, it’s only a prediction.”

“But still, if she does have dual powers, then what should we do with her?”

“For now, just focus on your main goal; finding Jo Kwon’s daughter. I’ll try to deal with her somehow with the time I have.”

Getting up, Yi Xing walked towards the door and turned the knob. “Don’t get too close with her,” he warned. “Our main priority is to find his daughter.”

With his head down, V played with his fingers before answering. “Yeah, I know.”

 

 


 

 

 

The sun shone through the window of Haneul’s apartment. Groaning, she slowly got up and dragged herself towards the washroom, exhausted from the events of yesterday.

“Good morning,” a voice called out, causing the girl to jump up in fright. Turning around, she saw Yi Xing smiling at her.

 

 

 

“GET OUT!!!!!!”

 

 


 

 

 

Nam Joon watched as the older man placed a bag of ice on his throbbing cheek. The two boys, V and Jungkook, who were talking among each other noticed the silence and turned to look at Yi Xing, dropping their cutlery, before bursting out in laughter.

The sudden commotion woke up a figure on the couch. Rubbing his eyes, he got up and made his way towards the kitchen.

“What happened to you?” asked Jin with wide eyes as he noticed Yi Xing’s red cheek. Mumbling incoherent words, Yi Xing shook his head and grabbed a plate, sitting in front of Hoseok before digging into his meal with one hand.

“Good morning,” greeted Haneul as she walked passed Suga and grabbed a plate. Yi Xing glared at her, but the girl walked passed him and sat beside Jungkook, purposely ignoring the older man.

 

 


Blue = A vision

 

It was a little after eight before she left the apartment, bidding goodbye to the boys as she walked down the road towards the bus stop.

“It’s late,” she muttered to herself as the digital clock on her phone read ‘8:27’. It was only seconds after when she felt herself being thrown onto the pavement. Her head throbbed as the world around her started to spin. What’s going on? Faster and faster the world went as she closed her eyes from the pain.

 

 

Then, as if time froze, the throbbing came to a halt and everything was silent.

 

 

“It’s been a while, brother,” she heard someone say. Opening her eyes, she saw a figure in front of her. From the way the male dressed and how he held the tiny dagger in his hand, she knew that it was Jin. But who was he talking to? Haneul had no knowledge of Jin having a young brother, but then again, she never asked.

 

“Where is she?” a deeper voice growled. A different person walked past her; his skin slightly darker than Jin’s but their hair colors were completely identical.

His face was blurred out, but his rough voice told her that he wasn’t very happy with whatever the problem was.

“That’s none of your concern,” Jin replied.

“I believe it does concern me, so hand over the girl before I take her by force.”

“And what if I don’t?”

 

 

A scream howled through the air.

 

 

“Familiar to you?” smirked the mysterious person.

“Stop it,” ordered Jin, but the distanced screams continued. His knuckles turned pale as his palms started to slightly bleed.

Hyung, do you hear that beautiful sound?”

“Stop it.”

“The sound of pathetic and helpless people?”

 

“I said stop it!” Jin shrieked, falling onto the sidewalk with his hands covering his ears; the dagger falling out and clashing against the cement. He was trembling, as a thousand emotions ran through his mind; fear being the one he felt the most. At this point, Jin looked like a helpless little boy.

“You’re so pathetic,” his younger brother said as he used his shoe to draw a symbol on the pavement. “I can’t believe I looked up to such a weakling like you.”

A dark ring of light appeared and there, she saw something she’d never thought she’d see.

“A shadow…” Haneul gasped, her eyes widened as it walked up towards the trembling male.

“I really didn’t like you,” mumbled the boy, “so I guess this is goodbye.”

With the snap of his fingers, the shadow broke into a sprint.

 

 

 

 

“Miss, are you awake?” a distanced voice called out. “Hello? Miss?”

Slowly waking up, Haneul found herself on a bed in an unfamiliar house. She sat up and looked around; finding herself face to face with a boy that looked awfully familiar but she couldn’t remember who it was.

“Thank goodness you’re awake. I thought it would take days to awaken,” the male sighed in relief.

“Where… am I?” she asked in curiosity.

“I brought you here when I found you unconscious at the bus stop. Are you alright?”

Am I alright? She too asked herself that question as she recalled the scene from earlier. Opening , she replied with I don’t know.

“I see… Do you have a place to go? I think it would be more comfortable to rest in a place you are more familiar with.”

“Yes, I do,” she found herself saying, “I live in an apartment not too far from the bus stop.”

“Then do you want me to bring you back home? I’m sure your family would be very worried right now.”

Glancing at the analog clock that hung at the corner of the room, Haneul realised that it was way past school hours.

“I think I can manage by myself. Thank you. My name is Haneul by the way.”

“Hyo Sang, Kim Hyo Sang.”

 

 

 


Posted on: April 25/2014

Last Updated: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,493