14. Mirae

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

I  have no idea what I'm writing anymore... :/ Does this story even make any sense? T___T 

 


 

14. Mirae

 

She woke up in discomfort when she noticed that everyone was gone. She checked the kitchen, the living room, even the washrooms but the result was still the same. Dialling their numbers she waited and waited, until it took her to voice mail where she sighed and pressed the ‘end call’ button in frustration.

“Where could they have gone?” she mumbled to herself as she ran a hand through her long, dark brown hair. They left no note and did not inform her yesterday that they would be leaving which made her worry a lot. It was already past noon and her stomach started to growl in hunger.

It was only then did she realise that she relied on the boys more that she was supposed to. Without any knowledge on how to cook, she tore open the cupboards in hopes of finding instant noodles that she could make for lunch.

“Ah,” caressing her head, she crouched down onto the tiled floor, hoping the pain would go away. Another vision…

 

Dust clouded her vision as she stood on the pavement in the night. Loud cries of someone unfamiliar could be heard along with Namjoon’s shouts. Quickly being swept up from her feet, she found Jin carrying her bridal style.

“We have to get you out of here,” he coughed as he breathed in the polluted air. He gave Haneul a mask in which she gladly wore and buried her face in his shoulder.

“Where are we going?”

“Hopefully somewhere far,” he replied, but a dark figure quickly approached the pair and knocked them down.

A girl, around 5”4 with hair like hers stood in front of them, her left hand holding what looked like a glass spear. Her eyes were filled with worry and confusion while her face told them to beware, as if something possessed her.

“Please, you have to try to control your powers!” exclaimed Yoongi as he slowly approached the girl. Her tears ran down her face and without any notice, it started to rain shards of glass.

 

 

The pain slowly started to subside and everything around her was quiet. Who was she…? It happened so suddenly, but if she saw more of what was about to come, she would have been able to help whoever that person was. So she resorted to doing only one thing:

 

Waiting.

 

 

 


 

Jin stared at the calendar that hung ahead of him on the white wall. He wanted to be alone for once, even if it was just for a few minutes. But every time someone downstairs shouted for him, he grew annoyed.

What the hell are they doing down there? Suddenly, his leader barged into his room and reached out his hand as if asking for something.

“What is it?” questioned the annoyed elder.

“I need your phone,” he replied. “We need to be focused today so I need to confiscate your phone.”

The latter stared at the male’s hand in confusion, “Why?”

Namjoon sighed and pointed at the date, “Dude pay attention, you were staring at the calendar ever since you came back and yet you don’t know what’s going on today?” Reaching into the older male’s pocket, he fished out a Samsung phone and turned it off. “I’ll be keeping this, thank you.”

Before Jin could ask his leader what was so special about today’s date, Namjoon gave him the cheesiest ageyo and ran out the door with six hand phones in his arms.

“What’s going on today?” he grumbled as he slowly got up from the chair and stalked Namjoon back to the kitchen. s looked at him with weird looks before continuing whatever they were doing.

“Namjoonie told me that you don’t have a clue what’s going on today,” said Yoongi without looking up from his notepad.

“Hyung, are you pretending not to know because your acting skills are pretty good right now,” replied Jimin who was sitting at the bar table along with Hoseok.

Jin groaned and shook his head, “No, I’m not lying. I sincerely have no freaking idea what the hell’s going on.”

“Damn hyung… Where have you been?” exclaimed the youngest as he dragged Jin towards another calendar with a large font size. “Today’s October twenty-seventh, the girl’s birthday!”

Slapping his forehead, he groaned once again before apologizing, “Gosh where have I been?”

“Obviously you were too busy courting Haneul-noona to realise what the date was,” mumbled Taehyung. He was lucky Jin didn’t hear or else he would’ve gotten beaten.

“Now, we need to make sure everything is set. We don’t know where it’ll happen or when, but we need to be prepared,” ordered Namjoon. The members nodded as the gathered around the living room.

 

 

 

 


 

9:55pm was when a loud explosion caused everyone in downtown Seoul to panic. A girl, around nineteen/twenty years of age stood in the middle of the mayhem with a frightened look. The large creature appeared before her, smiling deviously as dark liquid spewed out of its mouth. It looked like a beast, a chimera, which stood at an extraordinary height of 8”11. It emitted dark-purple waves that struck down whatever was near it with great force.

“I… Found… You,” it spoke, spitting dark-purple saliva at her way.

I’m not ready to die, the girl thought while backing up, her eyes staring right through the beasts’. Her heart thumped against her chest as if it was about to jump out any minute.

“Master… will… be… pleaseeeeeddd,” the dark creature slurred its words as it slowly approached the girl.

“S-Stay away from me!” she pleaded with one hand out. It happened so suddenly that she could not comprehend what occurred. The beast cried out in pain as it clutched onto its arm.

B-Blood? The girl mentally gasped when she realised what she did. She stuck out her hand again and clear, tiny shards of glass shot out of her palm towards the beast. W-What am I..?

A gush of wind blew past and more pieces of shards appeared, piercing the beast’s wing and side.

The girl then heard footsteps, several of them approaching her direction. Turning around the shards changed its course and flew straight towards the group of males.

“Jimin, duck!” she heard a male call out. With the girl distracted, the chimera inhaled a gasp of air before spitting out balls of fire that exploded when it made contact with the ground.

“You… will not… escape!”

It charged at her, but something, no, someone picked her off of the ground, avoiding the beast’s head-.

“Sorry princess, but I don’t think we’d like to bring back a corpse with us,” the male smiled, making her heart beat even faster.

Who are these people?

“Bangtan, split up!” ordered the boy with sunglasses. The group dispersed until there was only two left fighting the large creature.

“Aren’t you going to go help them?” she asked the man who carried her away in the air.

“Nope,” he popped the ‘p’ while gracefully flying into the night sky. She disliked his attitude already.

“Put me down,” she demanded and the boy only smirked.

“You sure?”

“Put. Me. Down.” And with that, Jin dropped her and she started tumbling 63 meters towards the ground, her screams echoing between the buildings that surrounded them.

I’m gonna die, I’m gonna freaking die!

She then felt a pair of arms hoist her back up as she tightened her grip around the male’s frame.

“Next time you should think before speaking,” smiled Jin and the two flew towards a nearby park.

“Who… Who are you?” the girl asked.

“Jin, and you?”

“M-Mirae… Oh Mirae.”

“It’s nice to meet you Mirae.” They landed on ground and immediately she fell onto the pathway.

“What were those things…?” she mumbled to herself, in which Jin managed to pick up.

“They’re called the Unknown, dark spirits from a planet called UVERworld. They’re here to find you, and potentially kill you.”

She tilted her head while pointing to herself in confusion.

Cute… thought Jin but immediately shook away that thought. “It’s a bit hard to explain, but once everyone is here and everything is clear, I’ll explain it slowly to you.”

“A-Alright,” she whispered, pulling her knees to her chest as she stared into the night sky.

“Jin,” a voice called out. Approaching the two was Namjoon and Yoongi.

“Where are the others?” asked Jin.

“Hoseok and Tae are fighting that thing while the other two went back home to check on Haneul,” replied Yoongi.

“You know, she’s pretty cute,” smirked Namjoon as he leaned closer towards the girl, getting a better look at her profile.

“Are they your friends?” Mirae asked Jin, inching closer to the male.

“Of course milady, by the way I’m Namjoon, the leader of BTS.”

“BT what?” Yoongi and Jin tried holding in their laughs, but the park was soon occupied with an explosion of laughter.

“I told you it was a lame name!” exclaimed Jin.

“A lame name indeed,” a voice, dripping with venom spoke. They turned around and found two more chimera-like Unknown smiling deviously.

“We won’t ever get a break do we?” groaned Yoongi.

“Mirae, stay back,” warned Jin.

 

 

As I feared, the whole park is clouded with dust, thought Haneul as she hurled herself into the smoke. Loud cries pierced the night.

“Yoongi, where are you?” she heard Namjoon scream. “I can’t see a freaking thing!”

Haneul stood still, the cloud of dust started to get thicker and thicker as she looked around. This is where I get picked up.

A pair of arms embraced her; her feet were being lifted off of the ground. “We have to get you somewhere safe.”

Then the mask

“Put this on,” he gave her a mask and she wore it, just like how she saw in her vision.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“Hopefully somewhere safe, but don’t worry, I’ll protect you, Mirae.”

Mirae…? Who’s this Mirae person? This wasn’t a part of my vision… Her chest started to hurt.

Suddenly, the two knocked down onto the ground.

The dust slowly started to diminish and there stood a girl, around, 5”4 with hair like hers. Her left hand held what looked like a glass spear. Her eyes were filled with worry and confusion while her face told them to beware, as if something possessed her.

“Please, you have to try to control your powers!” exclaimed Yoongi as he slowly approached the girl. Her tears ran down her face and without any notice, it started to rain shards of glass.

“Help me,” Haneul heard the girl whisper, “please.”

Without hesitation, she used her powers and crystal domes engulfed her friends.

“H-Haneul?” gasped Namjoon, but she ignored his greeting and ran towards the girl. She didn’t know how to stop the confused girl so all she did was embrace her into a warm hug. The dome around her slowly started to fade and the shards of glass pierced through her skin.

“Haneul you idiot!” screamed Jin who sprinted towards the girls but the shards continued to spray towards his direction. He guessed that if he got close to them, his shield would also diminish.

“Calm down, you have to control your emotions,” Haneul whispered into Mirae’s ear. “You have to try.” Mirae’s legs felt like jelly while her whole body tensed up. The girl in front of her was severely bleeding yet she wore a sincere smile on her face.

That must be what strength is... Closing her eyes, Mirae gathered all her emotions and focused on putting out the ‘rain’. Within mere seconds, the shards stopped falling and Haneul fell into the girl’s arms without any response.

 

“Haneul!”

 


 

 

 

Posted On: July 30/14

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,973