21. Kidnapped

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

sorry for the  long wait! I'm done with finals and I can now peacefully relax! Thank you for the upvotes, subscriptions and comments! ^0^ Is the story confusing? I confused myself while writing this chapter ㅋㅋㅋㅋ.


 

21. Gone

{First Person}

 

 

I couldn't trust them, but going made me realise how little I knew about my background. When we arrived, B-Joo gave me a face mask and told me to put it on in which I confusingly accepted it. We stood in the middle of a field that happened to be occupied by unfamiliar animals. A man (who seemed to be the owner) in his late 50s approached us with a toothy grin. Kidoh and the man chatted for a bit before gesturing to get on the horse-looking creature.

 

"You can ride with me if you want, Haneul," he said, offering me his hand. 

 

"What is that?" I asked and he laughed.

 

"Its a horse, duh. Just because we're on another planet doesn't make the animals here any different." I blushed and got on the horse.

 

"We're headed north!"

 

 

 

 

Slowly, I could see tiny buildings up ahead and I smiled with glee. We're almost there.

 

"The main city is just up ahead," Xero announced and in no time, we were faced to face with a large golden gate. "The city seems to be protected by a barrier."

 

"It must be his doing," frowned Kidoh as he took out a silver key and placed it into the lock. A bright light flared as we got closer.

 

Everything went silent.

 

We all stared at the sight, and it wasn't because the city was gorgeous.

 

In fact it was the complete opposite; it was dreadful. The sky was a dark purple hue while the buildings were torn apart, a complete contrast to what we saw miles before. People ran about as if they were late for work while fires started out of no where, burning whatever it came into contact with. I looked at the boys and I knew what they were feeling, my heart sank to the bottom of my stomach.

 

Kidoh shook, his beautiful kingdom was ruined. "He's going to pay."

 

"Come on, we have to get moving," the leader ordered and one by one, each of us hesitantly took a step on the fragile ground. "The faster we find BTS, the faster we solve this problem."

 

"But where to start?" I mumbled and P-Goon rubbed his forehead. 

 

"Damn, I never even thought about it."

 

"Wait," said Kidoh and he skilfully drew a rune into the dirt. Alarmingly, he cut himself and let a few drips of blood fall onto the shape.

 

"What are you doing!?" I quickly took out a tissue from my bag but Xero held out a hand, signaling me to stop.

 

"Wings if an angel, speed of a cheetah, I summon thee, Vidofinr the Avian." A dark blue light shone and there up in the sky appeared a bird-like creature who bowed.

 

"Go find my brother," and with that the bird flew off.

 

"W-wow..." was all I could muster up. 

 

"Those with royal blood can summon animals and other creatures to help them, only with a special contract that is." Kidoh smiled, "She'll be back soon, for now we have to get moving. We're an easy target if we stay here for too long."

 

"Where to?" Yano asked.

 

"Sector 2, where you grew up," the prince grinned.

 

 

Surprisingly, the area there was 10 times better than the heart of the city, houses were still in tact while children ran around playing ball. The people here were smiling, but deep down, I knew it was all an act.

 

Then we heard a crash and a woman with long brown hair started making her way towards us, hands shaking while her tears were on the verge of falling. "P-Prince Hyo Sang...? I-Is that really you?"

 

Kidoh smiled and nodded heartily as the woman bursted into tears of joy, "we're saved! Honey we're saved!" She ran over to a man wearing worn out trousers and weeped in his arms. "The lords have answered!" 

 

A little girl ran up to her crying mother and pulled on her turquoise dress, "Mommy, why are you crying?"

 

"Mina, I'm crying because your brother will be coming home soon."

 

The girl's face lit up like a Christmas tree as she clapped joyfully, "When? When?"

 

The woman turned towards us, "you're here to release everyone from the Reversal Border aren't you? Please, you have to bring back my son!"

 

I was starting to see Kidoh in another light as he took her hands and nodded, "of course." I knew that he would become a great king someday.

 

A gust of wind hit us as the bird from before flew down and nudged Kidoh. 

 

"Everyone, we're headed East!" his horse took off at great speed and we all followed suit, the bird flew above us as it acted as our guide. 

 

A rush of adrenaline and something else kicked in and l began to feel dizzy, my head started to pound. Slowly, my grip on the reins loosened and I toppled off of the horse.

 

 

 

I couldn't feel my hands or my feet as I came to, a painful shock was sent through my body when I tried to get up. As my vision began to clear, I found myself in a dark room with only a candle as my only light source. I wasn't the only one in here though as I saw a moving figure. Her hair fell to her shoulders as she sat up, a groan escaped her lips.

 

"M.. Mirae?" I gasped and she spun around, her face equally astonished. 

 

"You're...Haneul am I right? What are you doing here?" 

 

"I could say the same." I tried to reach for her when I realised that my arms and legs were bounded by thick pieces of rope. Mirae on the other hand had chains around her legs. 

 

"Where are we?" 

 

I shook my head and glanced at the metal door. "It might be a cell. I think we were kidnapped."

 

She bit her lip, "It's a possibility." She sighed and leaned back against the wall, "I hate this stupid title thing."

 

I looked at her and sarcastically laughed, "you hate it? I hate it more."

 

"You aren't a part of a high class family. I just found out a few months ago, but I'm the freaking daughter of some guy who's supposed to be important."

 

Now I remembered why I didn't like her so much, "yeah well here's some news for you, I am a part of a high class family. For your information, I'm your cousin and I got dragged into this stupid mess by seven stupid males! If it weren't for them, I would have been happily at school, working at a beautiful café and sleeping in a comfortable bed!" 

 

The tension thickened and I could hear myself panting.

 

"S-Sorry..." she muttered and I instantly felt guilty. All my assumptions towards her was a misunderstanding. She reached out and tried to untie the rope but ended up getting rope burns.

 

"Sorry for yelling," I said and she smiled.

 

Before any of us could say anything, the door creaked opened.

"I see you're both awake," a deep voice echoed and there stood someone I wished I never encountered.

 


Posted On: Jan.26/15

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1,231