15. Distant

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

15. Distant

 

 

A little girl, around three years old wandered the halls of a large building, wondering where her tiny legs would take her. Everyone around her was tall and wore dark, mysterious masks that looked her way with expressionless faces. Where was this girl?

“Darling, it’s time to go!” a woman’s voice called out. Recognizing her mother’s voice she ran up to the woman and embraced her. “Come, your father is waiting.”

But the happy reunion only lasted for a mere hour as her parents only came to drop her off at their apartment. They left her, alone in the lonesome building as they took their luggage. They gave her reassuring looks before closing the door. Where were they going?

The girl continued to stare at the door for hours, days and weeks, hoping that the door would open once again.

 

 


 

Haneul woke up to the sound of metal colliding with the floor. A woman dressed in white looked her way and bowed before picking up the spilt food. “I’m very sorry.”

“Where am I?” Haneul managed to croak out, her voice sounding deeper than usual.

“Seoul hospital dear, your friends brought you here in critical condition.”

That girl… Pulling off the blanket, her whole body was covered in bandages, skin barely showing. What was she…?

“The doctors aren’t sure if all of the glass has been pulled out so they’ll be checking up on you soon,” the nurse said before exiting the room with the tray.

Haneul sighed and picked up the calendar that sat on the nightstand. Monday, November 27th. She was asleep for a week. The room door slid open and there stood Jungkook and Jimin, happily smiling as they entered the room with white bags in their hands.

“The nurse told us you were awake,” spoke Jimin.

“We brought you some food noona,” smiled Jungkook as he opened a bag of chips.

“Where are the others?” the girl asked.

“They’re at home with Mirae-noona,” shrugged Jimin, “I don’t understand why they’re so attached to her.”

Attached…? What happened while I was out?

“Anyways, the hyungs said that we shouldn’t stay out too long. We have to leave soon since they want us back at six.”

“Since when did you have a curfew?” she questioned. Something was definitely up.

“Ever since Mirae noona was found,” glared Jungkook, “they really like her, treating her like a princess.”

“Although she is one, it was quite depressing knowing that they forgot about you,” continued Jimin.

Forgot about me? Judging from the girl’s expression, Jungkook gave her an apologetic look before sighing.

“Three days after you were admitted into the hospital, they stopped talking about you and refused to visit. Only Jimin and I visit you now.”

Haneul was at lost for words. What made them change so suddenly?

Jimin’s phone rang and the two males sighed in disappointment. “Sorry noona, we have to go now.”

The girl gave the two boys a weak smile before waving goodbye.


Are all my subbies silent readers? I feel like no one reads this LOL...Sorry for the short update! I honestly have no inspiration anymore... :/ Hopefully something comes soon!!! ;A;

 

 

 

 

 

Posted On: Aug. 23/14

Last Updated/Edited: Aug. 23/14

Word Count: 496