11. Answers

어디에서 왔는지 (Where Did You Come From)

11. Answers

 

 

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Her second year of university finally started but her mind was far from wanting to learn physics. Instead, she thought hard about what Jin said to her some nights ago.


It all made sense; the way he stood, the way he talked, even the way his eyes glowed. She was so oblivious from the start, not knowing or even questioning why Kim Hyo Sang reminded her so much of Jin.


It’s because they're brothers; heck, these two could've been easily mistaken as twins!
Sure the reason for betrayal was still unclear, but from the experience that she had with the kidnapping, Haneul knew she had to be aware.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" a male voice asked. Looking up, the girl's eyes widened as she looked into his.

"Jin...! What are you doing here?" she gasped.

"The older members decided to enroll here so they could keep an eye on you. I have physics and chemistry with you for a few hours while Yoon Gi and Hoseok will have bio and French with you later tonight."

"I-I see..." she replied, her stomach fluttering for no reason.

“Are… Are you ok? I mean, it was a lot of information to take in.”

She hesitantly nodded, “Who knew…  Hyo Sang was you’re younger brother.”

“Knowing that he’s working under the UVERian government, he’s probably out to find Bangtan’s missing daughter.  Since you have the birthmark, he’s probably targeting you first.”

“But Yi Xing said I was only half.”

“Have your parents ever told you, being part Bangtan?”

Haneul thought about it, her eyes slowly started to furrow. “No, they haven’t.”

“Then I think it’s time to them pay a visit…”

 

 


 

 

 

Haneul rubbed her nape while staring at the boys, whose mouths were hanging open as they stood in front of a large building.

“Y-You never told us that your parents were… RICH!” exclaimed Jimin, earning a shrug from the girl.

“You never asked,” she replied. “Besides, my relationship with them isn’t very… stable right now.”

“B-B-But wow… so that means you’re the heir of Lee Corporations,” inquired Nam Joon.

“Let’s not waste any time, my parents don’t particularly like visitors.”

 

Stepping into the building, the staff immediately recognized the young woman and each did ninety-degree bows, greeting her in several languages.

“Miss. Haneul, it’s been a while,” greeted a young lady in her early thirties. Her plaid dress and white dress shirt were slightly crinkled, but nevertheless, she was very beautiful.

“It has Mrs. Yoon, how are you?” she replied, plastering a fake smile on her face.

“I-I’m fine, are you here to see your parents?”

“Yes, I have some questions I’d like to ask.”

“I-I’ll pager them right away.”

Scurrying away, the company’s CEO’s PA ran towards her office, paper’s flying out as she entered.

I’ll need to fire her after, thought Haneul.

Entering the elevator, the security guard pressed the number 24 button and the doors slowly closed.

“They seem afraid of you,” snickered Yoon Gi.

“They are,” answered the girl, “I made a big fuss a few months back. The staff have been scared of me ever since.”

“Miss, would you like me to you to your father’s office?” asked the security guard. Haneul shook her head as the elevator doors opened.

“Thank you Mr. Wong.” And the group started walking towards the large office room at the end of the hall.

 


 

 

 

They entered the large, dark room. A desk stood in front of them with a name tag saying “Lee Byun Hyun”. Behind it was an office chair whose back was facing towards them. Surrounding the room were large bookshelves and scattered papers here and there.

“Father,” Haneul spoke, “I need some answers.”

“I knew you’d come eventually,” spinning around, a man in his late sixties faced them with a glare. “And who might they be?”

“I don’t like the way you’re talking to my friends, father.”

The boys held their breath as the silently watched the ‘unique’ father-daughter conversation.

“Are you dating one of these brats?”

“FATHER, these are my friends! Please don’t talk to them like they’re one of those boys!”

“With all due respect sir, we’re only here to ask you a few questions,” interrupted Jin. He stepped forward a bit and slightly bowed. “My name is Kim Seok Jin and--“

“Kim… Seok Jin? Are you the son of Kim Jong In?”

Jin looked at the older man in shock. “H-How did you know my father?” Slamming his hands on the desk as he leaned closer, “I-Is my father still alive? What about my mother?”

The older man stood up and walked over to the bookshelf on the left, skimming the spines before stopping at a particular book. He took it off the shelf before flipping the pages until reaching half way. “I heard that he went to war before you were born. Do you know what he looks like?” He stared at Jin; slowly extending his arm before placing the book in the younger’s hands. He already knew that the latter did not meet his father before and that his mother abandoned him and his brother. “That’s him there, on the left.”

He dropped the book and stepped back. Memories of seeing that face flooded through his mind as his eyes tried to look for an answer. It couldn’t be. Could it?

“T-That’s impossible,” he stuttered. “H-He… T-That can’t be my father.”

The older man raised his eyebrow and picked up the book. “Did your grandmother not tell you anything? Why are you so surprised?”

“Who are you…?” he asked, but it sounded more like a statement.

“On Earth, my name is Lee Soo Man, but back on Bangtan, they just call me SM. I… Well, I used to be Jo Kwon’s right hand man until I got promoted to protect the royal castle.”

“The royal castle…”

“Hyung, what’s going on? I don’t understand!” demanded Jungkook.

“It would be best if you asked me your questions,” glared SM. He gestured everyone to sit down while he took out a few other books. “I’ll start with Haneul while Jin tries to… take in this information.”

“Father…. No, are you even my father?” she slightly whimpered.

“I-I’m sorry… for lying to you. The truth is, I’m not your father. I was asked by your biological parents to take care of you a few days after your cousin was born.”

“But why?”

“Jo Kwon… He knew that when his daughter arrived into the world that the UVERians would try to take her away. Your parents, Kim Hana and Lee Injun told me to take care of you as you Haneul are the cousin of Jo Kwon’s daughter.”

“W-What…?”

“That explains the birthmark then,” gasped Jimin.

“Yes… And soon, after you master your powers, you’ll be able to find where your cousin is before all hell breaks loose,” finished the man. “As for you… six, you were ordered by the Queen to find Jo Kwon’s daughter and release everyone in the Reversal Border correct?”

“Yes, but Jin was also ordered,” stated Nam Joon.

“He was, but do you know why?”

“N-no, but please tell me,” said Jin.

“On your upper right arm, there’s a birthmark is there not?”

Jin gasped. No one knew about that, not even his friends. Jin always kept it a secret because memories of middle school would always flash through his mind, especially the laughter of children when they saw the stupid birthmark. The teasing, the bullying, the first time he ever killed someone… It all came back and smacked him in the face like a tidal wave.

“How do you know about it?” he lightly growled, caressing his upper arm.

“Jin, doesn’t it make sense that you were put into a high up family? The reason why you and your younger brother are the only ones who have incredible power? Think about this Jin.”

“Jin hyung, what’s going on?” asked Tae Hyung.

Hesitantly, he grabbed the book once again and passed it down. Tae Hyung flipped opened the book to the page that Jin previously was on. The picture looked so familiar… Tracing the picture with his index finger, Tae Hyung gasped. Standing up, he quickly bowed to Jin.

“I-I’m so sorry for acting stupid all these years. I-If only I knew!”

“Yah Kim Tae Hyung! Why are you bowing?” Nam Joon roared. The book soon landed in the leader’s hand and everyone peered over.

“N-No way… Hyung! Oh my GOSH! @#$*#!!! %*(*! @#*@$!!!!!!!!!!!” incoherent words spewed out of Jimin’s mouth as everyone stared at Jin.

“THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! I’M FRIENDS WITH A FREAKING PRINCE!!!!!” Jungkook shouted at the top of his lungs while he ran around the room doing a victory dance.

But Jin felt anything but special. His grandmother, who he loved very dearly, did not tell him about this. Of the many millenniums that he lived for, today was the day that the truth behind his identity was revealed. He felt lied to.

“I-Is my grandmother part of the family then?”

Everyone stopped and stared at Jin. SM sighed as he rubbed his temples.

“I knew you would ask that. To answer your question, yes she is .”

Another sword stabbed Jin’s heart. “I see…”

“Wait, hyung. If Hyo Sang also has royal blood in his veins then why did he join the UVERians?”

Why did he join them?

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted On: June15/2014

Last Updated/Edited: August 3/15

Word Count: 1580