Lost

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

A conglomerate of people can reunite within walls to talk about business, to enjoy a good evening or to plot against the world. People have so many opportunities, as human beings, the possibilities goes beyond expectation, beyond reality. Beyond reality seems to be the best expectation, for those who have nothing else to lose. For those who suffer, for those who miss, for those who cry, for those who yearn. Beyond reality can always seem so easy, so natural, so happy.

Chaerin was looking sideways as Jonghyun, James and Seunghyun talked with Dami. The first few minutes, she was hesitant of what she could tell and what she couldn’t. Kikwang never left her side, but never talked either. Chaerin was too distant on her own sorrow to even care anymore what was told or what not. Jiyong had been on the room, but he had left, saying he was going to do something, but his face told something else. His pain, as now Chaerin knew about, was too much. She had noticed that pain before, but his smile had always drifted her away from her main goal, now, everything seemed so distant, and her own pain was clouding her reasoning.

“So, let me get this clear Dami, you’re saying that’s easier than we thought about?” Seunghyun said. Dami nodded.

“My fa- Woochoong has little to no security on his main house. He usually spends the nights there, thought that house’s supposed to be completely hidden from sight.” She said.

“So it’s like a glamour?” James said. Dami nodded.

“It’s behind a mountain, completely solitary, almost a 30 minute drive from the main entrance, but’s possible to enter without being noticed.” She said. Kikwang looked uncomfortable, though he said he would stay by Dami’s side, no matter what.

“Would you come with us?” Jonghyun said. Dami looked at him and shrugged.

“Our father has done more than enough for us, it’s time we repay him the hospitality.” She said. Jonghyun chuckled and nodded.

“Indeed.” He said.

“I too have lost a lot, my brother. We have all gave more than we have received, but we’re so blind we don’t want to see.” She said. Chaerin scoffed and stood up, intending to leave the room. “And I know, Chaerin, you agree with me on that.” Chaerin slowly turned around and looked at her. Her intense stare boring into Dami’s, though she seemed completely unaffected by it.

“True, we all have given more than we received. It’s nice that finally some people can finally open their eyes.” Chaerin said and turned around.

“Faith, what’s wrong?” James said. Chaerin closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“You knew, didn’t you?” She said without looking at him.

“Knew about what?” He said. Chaerin looked at him, her anger rising with every second passing.

“You have kept me in the shadows for too long, I’m disappointed.” Chaerin said. James looked at her with a composed expression, so calm it could fool anyone, but not Chaerin, after all, they had grew together, she knew him well enough.

“Enlighten me, dear friend, how am I kept you in the shadows?” He said, his cautious voice confirmed her thoughts, he knew.

“When were you going to tell me that Jiyong was dying?!” Chaerin yelled. Everyone looked at her. Seunghyun, who had his arms crossed, opened his eyes in disbelieve. Jonghyun lowered his head, but Dami and Kikwang opened their mouths.

“What?” James said. “He told you?”

“He told me everything. How could you? How could you not tell me nothing when this concerns me as much as it concerns you?” She said as she made an inhuman effort to control the growing sobs on her chest, she had cried enough.

“Because that would cloud your reasoning. Because you would have fail on everything you’re supposed to do if you knew he was going to die anyways!” James yelled back. His own blue eyes started to shine with the dim lights of the room, and she knew that he suffered as much as her.

“And then what? Watch him die and continue living like a merry ? This is preposterous!” Chaerin yelled.

“Wait, what’s wrong with Jiyong?” Dami asked. Chaerin wanted to scream at her, to tell her that she didn’t had to in and that it was none of her business, but she knew better. It was her business, it’s his brother the one that’s dying.

“Jiyong’s dying.” Jonghyun explained. “Almost a year ago, he was injected with an unknown poison that almost killed him. It almost exploded his lungs, but Hyunsuk managed to find a remedy, a mixed drug of Salbutamol Sulfate and Ipratropium Bromide.” Jonghyun said.

“You made a Combivent? But that just helps with Bronchial Asthma or any obstructive disease, you know, a bronchodilator.” Dami explained.

“A high doses injected IV can make his lungs work normally. First he used the doses every three days, then he required it every day, now he requires it four times a day. The poison had already damaged most of his inner organs, slowly killing him from inside out.” Jonghyun said.

“It’s not possible.” Dami said.

“It shouldn’t be possible, considering his young age and the strength he possess, but then, the people that invented it made it specifically to make the damage last long and slowly but painfully, rot the body completely.” James said.

“But do you know who invented it?” Dami asked.

“I was honestly hoping you would tell us, since we have suspected of Woochoong long enough.” James said. Dami shook her head.

“Everything outside the country was off limits to me. If everything was made outside of Korea, including North and South, then I have no access to it.” She said.

“But I do.” Kikwang said. Dami looked at him with wide eyes.

“You do?” She said and Kikwang nodded.

“Recently your father had put me in charge of International Relationships, including Sweden, Ukraine, Finland, Poland, Egypt, France and England. Actually, he put me in charge of his company in France, but I was still debating whether I should go or not.” He said.

“Where was he injected with that?” Dami asked.

“He was kidnapped and we found him in Russia.” Seunghyun said.

“We can always contact the Ukraine division and ask them what they know…” Kikwang said.

“We could do that…” Dami said. Chaerin felt a slight hope lightening her chest, and she tried to grasp it, but it was as if a dark curtain was keeping her away from it.

“We don’t have much time.” Chaerin said.

“We don’t need much time.” Dami said. Kikwang took out a tablet from a suitcase and sat on a chair next to the bed. The suitcase fell open and a few daggers fell from it. Chaerin looked at them, then at Kikwang.

“I take it you’re good with knives…” She said. Kikwang nodded as he continued browsing on his tablet.

“Knives, gun, he’s good in almost everything.” Dami said. Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“Woochoong was never the one to train one with all the arts.” He said and Dami nodded.

“Kikwang was to be Woochoong’s predecessor, once he died. He taught him almost everything about the Kim industry, the company, the dealings, everything.” Dami said.

“Then that’s points on our side.” James said.

“Or less points for us, we can never know.” Seunghyun said.

“We can always kill them if they betray us.” Chaerin said. Dami glared at her.

“We won’t.” She said.

“It’s just an insurance, now if you allow me, I’m leaving.” Chaerin said and opened the door. James quickly grabbed her hand and turned her around.

“Once you find Jiyong, tell him we need to talk to him.” He said. Chaerin nodded and quickly freed her hand.

“Don’t touch me, I’m still mad at you.” She said and left. She quickly ran towards the stairs, hoping to find Jiyong around, but he was nowhere to be seen. She looked around trying to remember the room which he was staying, but nothing came into mind. She shook her head and rand downstairs. In there, she saw Taeyang talking to Seungri, she quickly ran towards them.

“Chaerin…” Taeyang said as soon as he saw her. She smile and slightly bowed.

“Hey, have you seen Ji around?” She said, to which Taeyang shook his head.

“Isn’t he on his room?” Seungri asked. Chaerin looked at him, it could be one of the few times they had share a word; it was still awkward to be around him.

“The thing is, I don’t know which room is his.” She said. Seungri smiled and nodded.

“I’ll take you there.” He said. Chaerin hesitated, she looked around, then at Seungri.

“Can’t you just tell me where it is?” She said. Seungri smiled and shook his head.

“I was going there anyways, come, I won’t bite.” He said. “And if I do, I’m pretty sure you can handle me without any problem.” He said and she nodded, still hesitating.

“Alright, let’s go.” She said and Seungri nodded, saying bye to Taeyang. Seungri led her towards the stairs.

“His room’s upstairs, actually.” He said. Chaerin shrugged and nodded.

“I don’t know why I can’t remember it.” She said. Seungri looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and nodded.

“Strange, considering you’ve been there a lot.” He said. Chaerin nodded, she could remember the door, the bed, the room, but the way to get there, it was confusing.

“Maybe I’m just tired.” She said. Seungri nodded, they were in the second floor already.

“Yeah, maybe.” He said and continued walking upstairs, Chaerin following suit. “So, mind me by asking, but how long have you been together?” He said. Chaerin looked at him with narrow eyes.

“I’m not sure, it all happen so fast…” She said. Seungri nodded, then smirked.

“Strange huh? Having to face each other after so long.” He said. Chaerin nodded.

“Yeah, strange.” She said. They were finally at the third floor, and Seungri walked into the hallway of the floor. The place was more gray and black than the rest of the house, where brown, beige and lights colors predominated. She remembered the hallway, but the doors were all alike, and she couldn’t quite tell which one was which.

“I know why you can’t remember which room is his. He’s not staying where he was sleeping unconsciously for those five days.” Seungri said. Chaerin nodded.

“See, I wasn’t that bad then.” She said. Seungri nodded and stood in front of a white door. He knocked on it a few times, there was no answer. Seungri furrowed his eyebrows and knocked again, still no answer. “Open it, then.” She said.

“What if he gets mad?” Seungri said. Chaerin rolled her eyes and went for the doorknob. It was unlocked. She opened it and peeked inside. The queen size bed was situated at the center of the room, black sheets covered it, and on top of it, Jiyong’s figure was soundly asleep. Chaerin took a steady step inside, watching him intently.

“Jiyong?” She murmured as she got closer to the bed. She saw him stirring, but no intention on opening his eyes appeared.

“I’ll talk to him later, he looks really tired.” Seungri said. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Chaerin said and sat on bed. She moved closer to Jiyong and caressed his face. He flinched and whimpered, then turned around, letting out a pained sigh. “Jiyong? Are you alright?” She said again, but he didn’t moved. With a trembling hand, she touched his back. He was hot, too hot for a normal human being to be alright. She quickly turned him around and shook him.

He gasped, and his eyes opened suddenly, then closed again. Chaerin freaked out and shook him a bit more. His lips seemed purplish, his face pale and his eyes hollow. She quickly jumped off bed and ran towards his vanity, in there, hopefully, his injections where arranged in a neat and organized line. She quickly grabbed one and uncapped it, running back towards him. She heard him whimpering and fighting for air, his uneven breathing was getting louder, and his chest was raising at an abnormal pace. Without hesitation, Chaerin grabbed his right arm and extended it, injecting him the drug. He panted as he slowly opened his eyes, they were disoriented. He tried to remove the injection, but Chaerin slapped his hand away, forcing the liquid into his system.

“Stop…” Jiyong murmured. Chaerin frowned as she removed the needle from his skin. “I’m so tired…” He murmured, he was drifting, Chaerin could tell by the way his eyes hid behind his eyelids.

“Come on Ji, wake up.” She murmured. He completely closed his eyes and moved his head to the side, now breathing normally. Chaerin let out a sigh and rested her body besides him, touching his forearm. His skin was slowly turning to normal, his lips slowly turning pink and his chest was raising slowly but normally. She continued to look at him, his perfect features and his dark hair. He had lost weight, too much weight, his toned body looked slim and skinny, his arms looked frail and his cheeks were hollow.

Despite any flaw his skin will show, old scars, red marks, scares were skin had been tore, he was perfect for her eyes. The black ink decorating his skin, along with red and white lines of scars made him the perfect portrait she could ever imagine. Watching him was always like watching a beautiful and abstract painting on a gallery. He was a particular person, no one ever knew what he would be thinking, no one had any idea what he would do, yet he was always the one to look after, to look up to. Chaerin let out a sigh as she slowly closed her eyes, tracing the patterns of his skin on her mind, trying to tattoo his image on her mind for eternity.

If I’m am to lose you, my dear love, I want you etched on my soul, on my body, on my mind. If I’m to lose you, I want to be yours forever.

 

Gily's Notes: Hi! As you may noticed, this one's reaching its end... A few more chapters now!

If I have any Liquid Sugar readers here, I want you all to know that I'm thinking of Revamping it. I wrote it a long time ago and it has a few mistakes and I want to fix them. As soon as I'm done with Collision, I'll be working on the LS series! 

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥