A Song

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

For many years, the people had come and go, and nobody seemed to stop and notice the little boy begging for any caring at all. For many years that boy grew alone, with hatred, with pain and sorrow. For many years, that boy became a man, a strong, independent man that never trembled, never failed or never quitted. Jiyong was always a man of word, and whenever he said he was going to do something, he will do it, even if it cost him his life. The words he had told his brother were words of true importance for him. He had seen people suffering, he had been more than once the cause of it, but the pain on the eyes of someone who had gone through what he feared the most had done something unknown to him. He could feel the pain, he could relate to it, yet he could never dream of feeling it.

“I give you my word, he’s a dead man.” Jiyong said again and Jonghyun nodded.

“Thank you.” Jonghyun said. Jiyong nodded too, then looked at Chaerin. “How’s our sister?” Jonghyun said. Jiyong smiled and looked at him.

“She’s alright, James finished sewing her up a while ago, I came here to tell you.” He said. Chaerin put her hands on her waist and looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“And how long was that?” She said. Jiyong smirked at her.

“Long enough to have another reason to hate Woochoong.” He said. Chaerin nodded and looked at Jonghyun. He was smiling.

“I’ll leave you two alone, I’ll be on Dami’s room.” Jonghyun said and Chaerin nodded. Jiyong smirked again and nodded, walking slowly towards Chaerin. Jonghyun stopped next to Jiyong, and put a hand on his shoulder. “I think it’s time for her to know.” He said. Jiyong got all serious, his face stern, his hand slightly trembling. He looked at Jonghyun, but the only thing he did was nod. “Tell her.” And he left.

Jiyong looked at Chaerin, who was looking at him with curious eyes. Jiyong quickly smiled and grabbed her hands, pulling her towards him. “How are you babe?” He said as he embraced her. Chaerin quickly smiled and nodded.

“I’m fine.” She said. “How about you?”

“Never better.” He said and kissed her. He could never get over how deliciously sweet her lips tasted to him. It was all a mixture of Vanilla and Strawberries. Like a dessert on a terribly hot day. Her lips felt as if they were made for him, her hands, grabbing his neck, where keeping him in place, avoiding him to fly away to outer space. He deepened the kiss, now his tongue was frantically searching for that sweet taste he was so addicted to. Her hands, grabbing his hair, his neck made him lose complete control, and as he kissed her, his own hands found her way to her and lifted her up.

Now, as Chaerin’s legs were supporting her body weight with his waist, her hands held on his shoulders and she slowly pull away. Her feline eyes boring into his, her hair falling loosely around them, making a curtain that hid them both on their own private paradise. “How have you got me so into your charms, oh my dear agony?” He murmured on her lips. Chaerin smirked and kissed him one more time, her hands holding his cheeks in place as he hugged her waist, hoping to merge their bodies into one.

“For my charms are nothing compared to your arms, oh my dear protector, my beloved agony.” She murmured back.

“We should write a song together.” He said and she laughed as he put her down. She s her arms on his waist and pulled him closer, resting her head on his chest.

“We should write a life instead.” She said. Jiyong smirked and hugged her tighter.

“I still don’t know how to write more than 4 minutes.” He murmured. Chaerin looked at him and smile.

“We could learn together.”

“If you’re there, I can force myself to write more years.” He said and she quickly nodded.

“Let it be centuries.” She said and Jiyong shook his head no.

“No that’s too much, G-Dragon’s going to be too old, he won’t have any of his charms left.” He said and Chaerin shook her head.

“It’s not G-Dragon who I want to write a life with, it’s Kwon Jiyong.” She said. He smiled wider and kissed her forehead.

“G-Dragon’s way more fashionable, handsome and funnier than Jiyong.” He said.

“But Jiyong’s more real.” She said. Jiyong smiled and nodded, hugging her tighter.

“Thank you for loving who I am instead of who I pretend to be.” He said and Chaerin nodded, hugging him even tighter.

“G-Dragon is nothing without Jiyong, yet he can’t be compared, Jiyong’s way cooler.” She said and Jiyong laughed.

“Speaking of which, I still have a few performances left.” He said and Chaerin pulled away, rolling her eyes.

“Not again, it’s too dangerous, last time it was a miracle that you didn’t got killed.” She said, and at that word, his happiness vanished completely, and Chaerin seemed to notice his sudden change of mood since her face looked worried and confused. “Jiyong? Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I am, I just remembered something.” He said. He could forget about the agonizing pain on his body only for so long, he could even bear the pain in order to not make her worry, but Jonghyun was right, she should know, and by the moment, the pain was growing worst, she would notice that.

“What?” She said, smiling widely. He felt guilty, for a moment, to be the one ruining that mood of hers.

“I have to tell you something.” He said. Chaerin’s eyes got all serious.

“What?” She said again. Jiyong took a deep breath and smiled at her.

“I love you, you do know that, right?” He said. She took a step back, her hand on her chest.

“Jiyong, you’re scaring me now, what’s wrong?” She said. Jiyong smiled and shook his head.

“I would give anything for you, I would give my life for anything you ever wanted.” He said. Chaerin shook her head.

“No, don’t tell me any of that. It scares me.”

“If I’m gone, you must know I left loving you until the last breath.” He said.

“Stop Jiyong, what’s going on?” She said, her face terrified. Jiyong shook his head as he felt hot tears forming at the back of his eyes.

“Chaerin, there’s no way to make this look better than it is, even if I don’t want it to be true.” He said.

“Jiyong please, what the hell’s going on?” She said. Jiyong took a step closer to her and grabbed her hand, it was shaking. He kissed it and held the hand on his cheek.

“Chaerin, I’m dying.”

“W-What?! Don’t joke with me like that, please.” She said. Jiyong shook his head, a tear escaping his eye.

“That disease; that poison is spreading around my body, destroying all my organs. I’ve been, Chaerin, in terrible pain for the last few weeks. My body’s not cooperating, I can’t run long enough, I’m not as fast as I used to be, I can’t even lift a gun properly, but I try my best. I've always tried my best, but I think I can’t do it anymore, the pain it’s too much to bear.” Jiyong said. Chaerin was shaking her head constantly, tears falling nonstop from her eyes.

“Please tell me that’s not true.” She said, her voice completely broken. Jiyong slowly shook his head no, holding her hand tighter.

“I wish nothing was true. I have wished for it to be gone every day since I met you, but it has only gotten worse, to the point of making me almost unable to keep on going.” He said.

“You have been in pain?” She said sobbing. Jiyong nodded. “Are you in pain now?” She said. Jiyong nodded again. She sobbed harder, her free hand on .

“I’m so sorry Chaerin. I never wanted any of this. I wanted to be with you, only you. I want to write our life together, but I think we can only write a 5 minute song.” He said. She shook her head as her knees gave in, and she fell on the floor. Jiyong threw himself next to her, hugging her tight.

“I can’t live without you.” She sobbed. Jiyong started crying and nodded.

“I know babe, I don’t want to leave your side, ever.” He said.

“It’s not fair. It’s not fair!” She screamed at the top of her lungs as she cried harder. “It’s not fair how far we have gotten only to end up losing. Jiyong it’s not fair!” She screamed again. Jiyong nodded as he cried, still holding her between his arms.

“It shouldn’t be like this.” He murmured. Chaerin shook her head.

“No, it shouldn’t be. I won’t live without you, I won’t!” She said. Jiyong shook his head and grabbed her face between his hands.

“Listen to me, I won’t let you do that. I won’t drag you with me, you will live, you will keep on going and I will be just a happy memory of your past.” He said and she shook her head.

“How can you say that? How can you have the nerve to tell me that when you yourself can’t even picture it?” She said. Jiyong shook his head and kissed her lips. It was humid, their tears merged together, a swift dance of pain and misery, of agony and sorrow.

“Dance with me babe.” He said. Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows. Jiyong’s pain was too much, yet he managed to stand up and drag her with him. “Dance with me. Everything’s a dance, so let’s enjoy it.” He said. Chaerin sobbed harder as he pulled her closer and hugged her, slowly moving as he sang a song that had unknowingly become their song.

“Jiyong…” She murmured as he kept moving them side to side. His pain was worsening, and for a moment, he felt his legs would give in, but he continued on, singing the song he sang the day they met. One song written by her and James, one song that had become so important to him it was almost as an Anthem for him.

“Sing with me.” He said. She shook her head as she sobbed.

“I can’t.”

“No, don’t give up yet, sing with me.” He said and started to sing the chorus of the song.

I'm like a child, a boy young man of 23
And I believe in us 'cause you believe in me
believe in me

And I'll wait for you in the dark
Arms outstretched comforting lover
My bones may be falling apart
But I'll wait for you come this summer

And she sang with him, and for a few days, he had never felt so happy. His voice was off, he couldn’t reach the right notes, yet everything was a perfect melody, if it was with her, he could endure death and greet it with open arms. She smiled, she had stopped sobbing as they sang the song, but her eyes still allowed tears to fall. Her face still showed the sadness her heart contained, and Jiyong could only smile, wanting to make her smile again. He hugged her tighter and kissed her head.

“Never give up on this, because that’s the day I’ll truly die.” He murmured. She hugged him tighter and nodded.

“I will never, but I will die every day a little more.”