Hospital

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

The lights blinded his eyes, the pain disturbed his mind and the agony his peace. He sat up straight, and as he did, the pain worsened and the dizziness claimed his balance. The need to vomit invaded his body, and with a reflex, he turned to his left and vomited. There was nothing more than the gastric juices on his stomach, but still, it was something, it calmed his nauseas.

“It’s the anesthesia, its effect it’s fading.” A voice said. Jiyong looked up and found Youngbae there, sitting comfortably on a chair. He was wearing a simple jacket over a black shirt and jeans. He looked tired, Jiyong could tell, the half-moons under his eyes were proof enough of his lack of sleep.

“How long was I out?” Jiyong said. Youngbae smirked.

“Three days.” He said. Jiyong widened his eyes, his hands automatically went over his rib cage, where a set of bandages covered his skin.

“What? Where’s Chaerin? And what about Woochoong? Three days it’s too much…” Jiyong said panicking.

“Calm down comrade, Chaerin’s fine, she had been patrolling the hospital since you were here. About Woochoong, well, there’s nothing much, Dami’s still on the loose.” Youngbae explained.

“Three days and you haven’t progressed?” Jiyong said, his voice filled with disbelieve. Youngbae just nodded. “Can’t you take steps without me?”

“It’s not that pall, she’s been… acting pretty weird lately.” Youngbae said on his defense. Jiyong squinted his eyes, his chest hurting with every deep breath he took.

“Weird? How weird, what has been going on?” Jiyong started to panic. Youngbae stood up and put a hand on his back, pressing the center of it. For some reason, that calmed him completely. Jiyong took another deep breath and looked at his best friend. “Where is she now?”

“She has been stressing on how she almost killed you, and well, she hadn’t been cooperating that much.” Youngbae said. Jiyong narrowed his eyes, but Youngbae ignored him. “She wouldn’t leave the hospital, she’s either here with you or patrolling the area. Dami means business Jiyong, and she’s willing to kill us all.”

“There has to be a way to get her without killing her.”

“There’s none. She’s a threat, and a dangerous one. Kikwang alone has the power of three Woochoongs, its dangerous; they’re dangerous.” Youngbae looked like he wanted to say something else, but the door opening interrupted them, and he quickly straightened to see who had got in. It was Chaerin, and Jiyong felt his stomach clutching as he saw her.

For the first time ever, he had seen her bare face out of their bedroom. She had her eyes narrow, and they had the same intensity as if she was wearing the eyeliner. Her hair was made into a messy bum on top of her head, and a few strands of it fell all over her face. She was wearing a black t-shirt, tight on her body, a simple necklace and a pair of skinny jeans with black kick boots. Her belt had a visible dagger hanging on it, and for the first time on his life, Jiyong had questioned why and how did she ever got in, having those visible weapons.

“You’re finally awake?” She said as she walked to his side. Jiyong narrowed his eyes and slowly nodded, cautiously studying her.

“Yes, I am.” He said as he moved his head cautiously. That day was a first of many things for him, and being cautious next to her was one.

“Great, we have work to do.” She said and threw on his bed a 9mm gun. Jiyong looked at it, then at her.

“On a hospital?” He said, his face showing his disbelieve.

“Yes, why not? I can’t keep on patrolling your when I have a Woochoong to kill.” She said.

“Chaerin, what’s wrong?” Jiyong said, and by the corner of his eye, he saw Youngbae retreating. Jiyong quickly looked at him, and the only gesture he did was a shrug, then left, closing the door behind him, leaving Chaerin and Jiyong completely alone.

“There’s nothing wrong, we have work to do and we just wasted three days-“

“You know that’s not what I mean, what’s wrong with you?” Jiyong almost hissed. Chaerin looked at him with wide eyes, and for a split of a second, he could see fear on her eyes.

“I told you, we have work to do, and if Woochoong or Dami are still on the loose, we’re all in danger. It’s completely foolish of us to ignore that fact.” Her voice was stern, composed and bossy; she had turn back into the heartless mercenary she was. Jiyong could see how she was hiding her feelings, he could almost taste them as he looked at her, deep into her eyes. But he knew how to play along, if she was going to play tough, why couldn’t he?

“So, in my three day absence, what have you gathered?” Jiyong said and Chaerin smiled.

“I know you have to leave this place now, he owns this hospital. He keeps records of every person that’s admitted here, and yesterday, those records were sent. Care to come with me?” She said. Jiyong smirked and nodded. He knew she wouldn’t waste three days, no, he knew she wouldn’t waste a second in completing her mission, she was perfect like that.

“Do we leave now?”

“The sooner the better, if you don’t mind.” She said, and Jiyong nodded, taking out of his arm the serum that was hydrating him. He flinched as the tube went out of his skin, leaving a trail of blood. He quickly grabbed a gauze and made pressure on his bleeding arm, removing the rest of the tubes. As he was done, he stood up, his head instantly feeling the dizziness of his movements. He had to hold onto the bed to avoid falling miserably on the floor. As he grabbed the edge of the bed, he felt a pair of arms supporting him, grabbing him by his waist. The strong aroma of vanilla filled his nostrils, sending him over the edge of lust and desire. He inhaled deeply, his lungs burning, as he tried to control the urges of hugging her tight and throwing her on bed. Why I can’t control myself with her?

“Are you alright?” She said, and for the first time since she entered the room, her voice was full of love and concern. Jiyong quickly nodded, his head hung low, and smiled.

“Yeah, it’s just the effect of those drugs.” He said, and as he did, he remembered the drug he had to take daily, and for a minute, he freaked out. “Chaerin, did they gave me that drug? The medicine, Combivent?”

“Of course they did. I made sure of that.” She said and Jiyong felt a torrent of relieve run through him. As soon as he felt himself stabilized, he told her to continue on, and she did, helping him to dress on his usual clothes. Black t-shirt, black pants and boots. His hair, he didn’t mind to fix, his face, he didn’t bother to wash. He put the gun on the belt Chaerin brought him and secured a dagger on it. He wasn’t particularly good at knives, but if it hurt, it was good enough.

Both of them walked out of the room, Jiyong making an almost inhuman effort to walk fast, but every step he took drove him towards insanity by the pain it gave him. He hadn’t stop and ask what was wrong with him, for now his only sight was to leave the place and go back home. As they walked down the hallway of the hospital, he started to notice a strange behavior on the place. He didn’t saw any nurses on the counter or any patients walking around. It was even more weird that one janitor did saw them and quickly went to hide. At that, Jiyong took out his gun, unlocking it as they made it towards the elevator.

“We could go down the stairs.” Jiyong said as they waited for the elevator to come. Chaerin had her dagger unlocked on her belt, but she didn’t took it out. Her hands were moving anxiously on her sides, a habit, Jiyong noticed, she had whenever she was either feeling anxious or the adrenaline was making effect on her body.

“No, you still can’t endure it.” She said, and for a moment, Jiyong felt out of place. How is it possible for someone like him not be able to endure a pair of stairs? But then again, he remember that day with James, and let go of his complaints, he was getting old.

The elevator stopped on their floor, though the doors didn’t opened. Jiyong held firmly on his gun, starting to feel anxious. He looked at Chaerin, and as they exchanged looks, the door opened and a pair of men ambushed them. One kicked Jiyong’s stomach, throwing him over one of the nurse’s counter. As he fell on the floor, he fought for breath, feeling like dying because of the burning of his lungs. He quickly stood up, already feeling agitated, and pointed to his front. He wasn’t fast enough, the man kicked his hand and his gun fell a few feet away from him, then punched his face, making him fall again on the floor. He tried to stand up again, but that man grabbed his head and lifted him up, holding onto his neck. Jiyong whimpered as he tried to let go, elbowing the man on his ribs. The man shrieked, letting him go, and Jiyong once again fell miserably on the floor.

“Chaerin!” Jiyong yelled, but the only thing he heard were her screams as she fought another man, or maybe two, he wasn’t sure. He rolled on the floor over his gun, and without thinking or even looking, he shoot, and the man fell lifeless on the floor, he had hit the forehead. Feeling contented with his achievement, he went over to Chaerin, and just when he pointed at the man, she seized his head, and with a swift movement of her wrist, the dagger went to his neck and cut his skin, so deep Jiyong could almost see the trachea. The man feel on the floor, gagging and begging for air as his blood stained the floor.

“The stairs!” She yelled as she saw Jiyong, and he nodded, already running towards the stairs. Once in front of the doors, they stopped abruptly as this one opened and another few men in suit exited. Jiyong looked at Chaerin, and just then, the lights shut down.

“I hope you can endure this.” She said, half worried half angry. Jiyong only nodded as he shoot the first man that ran out of the stairs. The man fell lifeless, but after him, three others entered. They were ambushed and outnumbered. Chaerin fought as many as she could, her movements ever so smoothly that she almost blended in the darkness.

Jiyong had run out of ammo as he stood in front of a man a lot taller than him. Without hesitating, he took out his dagger and slashed the man. With an injured arm, the man jumped back, and with the same impulse, jumped over Jiyong, knocking him onto the floor. Jiyong flinched and panted as his own dagger cut his arm, making him bleed profusely. The man smirked at him and took out a dagger himself, pressing it against Jiyong’s throat. Jiyong, without much strength, held his wrist and try to push him away, but his hand shook too much, and his breathing wasn’t helping him at all.

“!” Jiyong screamed, the dagger was grazing his skin, cutting him.

“The boss will be mad if I bring you dead, but I can’t let go of this opportunity. To kill the Great Kwon Jiyong, by my own hands.” The man hissed and Jiyong gulped, the dagger sinking more on his neck. Jiyong narrowed his eyes as he tried with all his might to stop the man, but it was almost to no avail, he was weak, fragile.

Not too far from them, he heard Chaerin’s cry, and that alone drove him completely mad, and everything turned blurry, his skin was burning as the rage took the best of him. With his left hand, and not even sure how he did it, Jiyong punched the man, knocking him to the side. As Jiyong jumped to his feet, he noticed he had broken the man’s jaw, and he was crying from pain on the floor.

“You shall remember this day as the day you ‘almost’ killed the Great Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong said, and with a swift and choreograph movement of his body, he sunk his dagger on the man’s chest, killing the cries and pants. Jiyong hastily turned around, running towards Chaerin. She was pinned against the wall, a man holding her neck as she grabbed his wrist, trying to pry him off her. He noticed her cheeks had turned red, her eyes started to disorient and she started to lose the strength on her arms. Jiyong launched himself towards the man, throwing him on the floor along himself.

On the floor, Jiyong s his legs around the man’s waist and his arms around his neck. The man fought, but Jiyong held him tight and with a forced movement, broke his neck. The sound of the bones breaking brought him peace, and he threw the man to the side, quickly jumping to his feet. Chaerin stood on his side, limping and panting. Jiyong was going to hold her shoulders, but once again, a pain on his chest made him unable to move, and as he looked down, the dizziness got worse, and he completely lost his balance, falling on the floor. Chaerin shrieked and knelt on his side, calling his name, but everything seemed too distant for him. As he looked at her, he noticed how everything turned to darkness, and just then, all the noises and screams were muted and a complete calm invaded him completely. 

 


Gily's Notes: Oh my God it's so ing annoying to depend on other's laptop!! My sister lend me her charger, but I will have to eventually give it back. I bet there are like a thousand typos because I wrote this on my mother's laptop and... well I'm not used to it xD

 

I tried my best folks! I tried! hahaha!!

Love you all!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥