Team Work

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

The constant buzzing of his phone woke him abruptly from his nightmares. The same one every night, how her slim body fell over the edge, how he tried with all his might to grab her hand, to lift her up to no avail. He rubbed his face with his palms as he tried to erase his torments while waking up. If only waking up were enough. He sat up, his chest rising rapidly as he search for his phone. The buzzing stopped but the screen kept flashing one name, Lee Chaerin. Jonghyun quickly grabbed it and dialed back, only to get a busy tone. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the phone, a silent concern was slowly creping through his spine, something was definitely wrong.

“Taemin, wake up.” Jonghyun said out loud. A groan and a protest was heard from the bed at his side. Jonghyun put his feet on the floor as he scratched the back of his neck, he was covered in sweat from the terrible sleep. “Taemin, there’s something wrong.” Jonghyun said again, his voice tired and hoarse. Not one night has he spent that he didn’t had a descent sleep, not one night has he had the pleasure of sleeping, not one since that night.

“How does that exactly concerns me?” Taemin murmured. Jonghyun smirked and stood up, shaking his partner by his .

“It concerns us all, it’s Chaerin.”

“I can’t honestly see how that actually concerns me.” Taemin protested again as he buried his face back on his pillow.

“You get that skinny off that bed or I’ll have to do it myself. Remember last time?” Jonghyun said, and as he said it, Taemin sat up, his face a deadly stare, his hair a terrible mess.

“Fine, she must better be dying, or I’ll put you all in danger.” Taemin hissed as he stood up, grabbed his toiletries and walked out of the room. Jonghyun shook his head as he chuckled and tried calling Chaerin back. This time the phone rang, but the call got cut immediately. Jonghyun frowned again and quickly walked out of the room, searching for anyone on the house.

To his good fortune, James was walking out of his room, shirtless, barefooted, wearing only a pair of skinny jeans and a messy golden hair. Jonghyun looked at him and smirked. “James, can I bother you for a second?” He said as he walked faster to get to his side. James looked at him, a smile plastered on his face, and nodded.

“Sure, whatever you need.” James said, his morning happiness almost confused Jonghyun. He was used to the gloominess that had surrounded him his entire life. Until she came.

“It’s Chaerin, she called me, and I can’t reach her. Where is she?” Jonghyun said. James furrowed his eyebrows, then his face lightened.

“She was with your brother. I think.” James said. Jonghyun crooked his head slightly for a second, the word ‘brother’ still a bit foreign for him. Then nodded and looked at his phone.

“Does Jiyong has his phone with him?” Jonghyun asked as he showed James his phone. James shrugged and fished out his own phone.

“I hope, I’ll call him. Is there anything that you particularly want to tell him?” James said as he started to dial on his phone. Jonghyun shook his head and dialed Chaerin’s number again.

“Not really,” he said. As soon as he put his phone to his ear, he heard the agitated voice of Chaerin answering it. He quickly got alert, his muscles clenching and his jaw tightening.

“Chaerin? What’s going on?” Jonghyun said. James quickly looked at him, his face had turned from the happy morning person to an alert killer, his blue eyes narrow and concentrated, his stance shifted from normal and relaxed to tensed and alert.

“We’re ambushed! Send back up! We’re at the hospital. Hurry, Jiyong can’t hold much longer!” She said, then a scream was heard, a noise of metal hitting the walls and a whimper, then the call got cut. Jonghyun looked at James, his eyes wide. Without any word exchanged James quickly got back to his room, leaving the door open. Jonghyun saw how he quickly grabbed his boots, put his feet on it and grabbed a black t-shirt scattered around and threw it over his head. When he was going to grab his belt, he looked at Jonghyun, who was frozen in place looking at him.

“Are you planning to check me out while I get ready? Go get ready you !” James said and Jonghyun quickly nodded, walking back to his room. As he entered, he saw Minho lacing his boots on his bed. Jonghyun closed the door and Minho looked at him with his usually big eyes and frowned.

“What’s wrong?” Minho simply said. Jonghyun grabbed a shirt and put it on, then grabbed his own boots and put them on.

“Chaerin’s in trouble, something happened on my father’s hospital. Jiyong’s in danger.” Jonghyun said as he laced his boots. Minho stood up and grabbed a gun, put it on his belt and grabbed a dagger. He grabbed a black jacket and put it on, then handed Jonghyun his own jacket. Jonghyun grabbed it, grabbed his weapons and exited the room. As they walked out, Taemin exited the bathroom, completely dressed with a black leathered pant, black high snickers and a white t-shirt that said ‘A KILLER’ in black. Taemin looked at them, and by the way he did, Jonghyun knew he had an idea of what was going on, and just followed them towards the living room.

As they entered the living room, Seunghyun – who was sitting next to Bom on the sofa, checking the laptops as usual – looked at them and frowned. “What’s wrong?” Was all he said as he stood up, already taking a hold on his gun that was lying on the table.

“Chaerin called, they got ambushed on the hospital. We have to go.” Jonghyun said. Seunghyun nodded and put the gun on his belt.

“Bom, stay here and keep us alert. James, did you told the others?” Seunghyun said, to which James nodded.

“Dara called them, Youngbae hasn’t come back and Daesung was at the armory getting the guns ready.” James said. Seunghyun nodded and grabbed a set of keys.

“We’ll have to take the van.” Seunghyun said and threw the keys towards James, who casually lifted his hand and grabbed the keys in midair. “You’re driving.”

As the engine roared to life, Jonghyun and the others got into the van. The van was cramped with the quantity of the people sitting there. Jonghyun, James, Daesung, Seunghyun, Taemin, Minho, Key, Dara and Seungri were the ones who decided to go, the rest stayed on the house to keep on the lookout of Dami. James drove as fast as the van resisted towards the hospital. Through the trip, the people on the van started to reload their guns, unlock them and getting them ready for the fight. Dara, who was an expert in long range weapon, was calculating where she was going to be as she will be protecting their backs. Together with Dara, Daesung will be on another spot, so will be Seungri, they were trying to secure all areas as they got in.

James pulled to a stop, and everyone got out of the van in a stampede, all of them already going to their respective positions. Seunghyun put his finger to his ear and a receiver made a little noise. It was all that connected them all towards the main computer, a.k.a Park Bom.

“Can you guys listen to me?” Seunghyun said. Jonghyun heard him loud and clear, and everyone said they heard him. “Alright folks, this will be a search-and-destroy kind of mission. Scatter around the place, the first one to find either Jiyong or Chaerin tells the others and bring them back to the van. Good luck.” He said. Jonghyun saw how he grabbed his own gun and went in, hiding behind a bush.

“Sniper SDP in position A, ready.” Dara spoke on the receiver. Jonghyun nodded unconsciously as he took out his gun and hid behind a wall.

“Sniper D-Lite in position B, ready.” Daesung said.

“Hunter JCB in position, waiting for cue.” James said.

“Sniper LS in Position C, ready.” Finally, Seungri said. It would had cost him a bit more time than the others since his position was the farthest, but he made it in less than expected. Jonghyun had to admit it was a good team.

“Seeker JK in Position, waiting for cue.” Jonghyun said on the receiver as he found the best place to look while staying hidden.

“Hawkeye K in position. The place seems to be full of Woochoong’s men, proceed with caution.” Key said on the receiver. Jonghyun nodded and started going forward. He entered through the main crystal doors, the emptiness of the place making him uncomfortable.

“Hawkeye, requesting a view of the main floor.” Jonghyun said on the receiver.

“Working on it.” Key said.

“Hunter LT in position, requesting backup. Main floor second Aisle.” Taemin’s agitated voice said on the receiver. Jonghyun panicked for a second, but his mission was to find either Chaerin or Jiyong, and he couldn’t risk going to help him and let his mission hanging.

“Hunter CM on it.” Minho said, and Jonghyun let out a sigh of relieve.

“Seeker CS requesting backup.” Seunghyun said on the receiver. Jonghyun quickly ran towards the stairs as he heard noises on the main aisle. “Package spotted, can’t reach it.”

“Seeker JK on his way, resist.” Key said on receiver. Jonghyun ran by a broken window and jumped over a counter. As he did, he got ambushed by a man in a black suit. Jonghyun recognize the man as Kwanghee, an employee on his father's company, but he couldn’t do anything for him, they were rivals now. Jonghyun pointed his gun at him, and by the look on his face, he wasn’t expecting that.

“Jonghyun?” Kwanghee said, and Jonghyun closed his eyes as he shoot. The thump on the floor told him he had killed him, and with a heavy chest, he continued his search.

The place was turned into chaos, windows shattered, counters broken, beds turned over. Chaerin tried to hide Jiyong between a few beds, but it was almost of no use, they still had to fight. Jiyong rested his back for a moment on a wall as Chaerin fought a man, she kicked his stomach and then punched his face. As soon as he lost balance, she quickly jumped, snaking her legs on his neck and throwing him to the floor, breaking his neck on the way.

“Jiyong, just run!” She screamed, but Jiyong shook his head and started to fight another man. She let out a sigh of exasperation as another man knocked her to the floor, kicking her stomach. She tried to stand up but the man hit her again, this time leaving her breathless. She cried out as the man grabbed her hair and lifted her up. She had bleeding already, her arms were cut and she could feel a stinging pain on her abdomen.

“So you’re the traitor?” The man said. Chaerin spit on his face, and when the man tried to clean himself – closing his eyes – Chaerin quickly kicked him on his stomach. He let go of her and she quickly kicked his face. The man grabbed her leg in midair, and she used his body as an advantage to grab his neck with her other leg and break it, throwing his body to the floor. When she stood up from her fall, she felt a pair of arms holding her from her back. She quickly grabbed the hand and twisted it, making the person fall on the floor crying. Without looking, she quickly s her leg on his arm and then pinned him to the floor.

“Woah Chaerin, hold on!” The man said and she quickly saw him. His blond hair shining with the hospital lights.

“James! Oh my God I’m sorry!” She said as she lifted him up. James nodded as he panted.

“Where’s Jiyong?” James said and Chaerin panicked. She quickly turned around, trying to spot him. And she did, he was pinning a person to the wall, his hand already cut out. She crooked her head, Jiyong could really get messy when he got mad.

“He’s over there.” Chaerin said and both James and her ran to his side. When they got there, Jiyong had sunk his dagger on the man’s diaphragm, twisting it until it reached the heart. The man let out a scream and fell lifeless on the floor. Jiyong’s arm was filled with the man’s blood, his skin stained with the scarlet liquid, and Chaerin could no longer tell which blood stain was his or one of his opponents.

“We have to leave.” James said as he put a hand on Jiyong’s shoulder. Jiyong slowly nodded, already losing his balance.

“Can’t they give me a break?” Jiyong said out of breath. James chuckled as he put Jiyong’s arm around his shoulder, carrying his weight.

“Packaged secure, we need backup.” James said, a hand on his ear. Chaerin crooked her head at him.

“You brought a team?” She said and James nodded.

“A battalion, actually.” James said. Chaerin rolled her eyes as they ran towards the stairs. As she opened the door, Jonghyun stormed into the hallway, looking bewildered. Chaerin noticed how he looked at them, then his eyes stopped at Jiyong, who was badly injured.

“This area is cleared.” Jonghyun said. They all nodded and ran down the stairs. As they did, Jiyong started to lose consciousness again, right now he was badly injured again, and to top it all, he looked like he had lost a lot of blood. Chaerin shrieked and Jonghyun quickly went over him, slapping slightly his face. “Dude, wake up!” Jonghyun said. Jiyong lifted his head and smirked at Jonghyun.

“Now I’m not ‘brother’ anymore?” Jiyong said, his voice low and tired, his eyes half closed and disoriented, but the smirk on his face never faded. Jonghyun chuckled and grabbed Jiyong’s right arm, holding him in place as James almost lifted him off the floor.

“I thought you didn’t saw me as your brother.” Jonghyun said, and for a moment, Chaerin could see a slight hint of happiness on his face. Jiyong, however, just smirked again.

“I’ll let you know if we get out alive.” Jiyong said and Jonghyun chuckled."That and always stay away from my girl."

“I’ll hold onto that.”

 


Gily's Notes: Sorry for the delay! 

Here's an action packed chapter, next one, I'm writting it haha!

Happy Reading ~ 

Gily ♥