Epilogue / Jonghyun’s Story

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

The stars decorated the bright night of Seoul. Cars passing by, people walking in shiny dresses and high heels. It was a normal Seoul night past midnight, people walking cautiously as the alcohol had made effect on their blood. His hands, firm on his steering wheel trembled as the exhaustion took over him. It was a normal night for him, late work and lack of food and sleep. He had seen worst, taking over a company was hard work, especially for someone as young as him.

He had desires any normal young adult would, he wanted to hang out, to party like crazy and drink until his liver stopped working. Work forbid him to do so, and as he worked and worked, he slowly became tired of his own life. Nothing could make him smile any more, nothing could make him wish for another day. Nothing but her.

He parked the car in front of his building, shutting the engine as he let out a sigh. He was tired, his eyes could shut tight any minute if he didn’t hurried back home. He got out, suitcase in one hand as he put his jacket over his shoulder. People passing by smiled at him, and he, being the polite man he was, smiled back, even if that smile meant nothing more than just politeness. He stopped in front of the elevator and pushed the buttons. As he waited, he looked at himself through the door’s reflection. Black suit pants, white buttoned shirt with black tie. It was a normal reflection, aside from his eyes. Dark half-moons decorated his eyes while hollow cheeks decorated the rest of his face. He had lost weight, the shirt seemed lose around his toned body. I should hit the gym soon.

When the elevators bell rang, the doors opened, and Jonghyun walked in without any haste. After him, a fair lady with a short, black dressed entered. She was smiling at him, and he smiled back as he pushed his floor number.

“Oh, we live in the same floor.” She said. Jonghyun nodded and smiled at her, not telling her anything. “Which room are you?” She said. Jonghyun smirked at her, holding tight on his suitcase.

“I doubt you live in the same floor as me.” He said. The lady looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“How can you know? I live on the 14th floor, room 1403.” She said. Jonghyun let out a soft laugh and nodded.

“Lady, you’re mistaken, on floor 14 there’s only one apartment, and that one happens to be mine. There’s no room 1403, only 1401, which is the penthouse. I’m sorry to ruin your bubble.” He said. The lady seemed to get utterly mad at this, but she just let out a sigh and pushed the next floor button. The doors opened and the lady stormed out of the elevator, then glared at Jonghyun. “Have a good night.” He said as the doors closed. He rested his back on the wall of the elevator and closed his eyes momentarily, the eyelids were too heavy to keep them open.

He finally heard the bell ringing again, and when he opened his eyes, he was at his floor. He walked out of the elevator with his keys on hand and stood in front of his door. The hallway was elegant, golden decorations over white walls. His door was white as well, and a golden plate had the number 1401 carved on it. He unlocked the door and entered. The penthouse was as huge as a penthouse should be. Two story apartment with walls made of crystal windows. Black leathered sofas decorated the living room and a white fluffy rug hugged the floor. Images of him and his family hung on the walls, and a big picture of him and his girlfriend hung on the back of the loveseat. He walked in and kicked off his shoes, leaving the suitcase in a table next to the door.

He walked silently through his living room until he reached the kitchen. He opened the doors and grabbed a glass of orange juice, taking it with him towards his room. As he crossed the living room again, a silhouette caught him by surprise, and he quickly grabbed a knife he had next to the stairs, pointing at the silhouette.

“You’re home late, as usual.” A female said. Jonghyun let out a sigh and nodded, setting the knife on its hidden place.

“Luna, don’t scare me like that.” He said.

“Lately you’re easily scared. Is something wrong?” She said as she walked next to him. As usual, she would have the same terrible features as him, dark circles under her eyes and an undyed hair. She also looked skinnies, her face looked tired and her arms looked weak.

“Why are you still awake? You need to rest.” He said as he put a hand on her cheek. She smiled and nodded.

“I just can’t sleep without you around.” She said, watching the big windows on the walls. Jonghyun looked at the open windows and smiled.

“You should close the curtains.” He said. Luna quickly shook her head no, her eyes round in surprise.

“No I feel safe with them open.” She said. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and held her face between his hands and kissed her lips.

“Luna, again with the safe issue? You’ve been acting weird ever since I started to take over the company.”

“Have you thought about what I asked you?” She said, her voice slightly trembling. Jonghyun let out a sigh and nodded.

“Babe, we can’t just leave. I have responsibilities, my job, my father…”

“So your father is more important than me?” She asked. Jonghyun let out another sigh and looked at her with serious eyes.

“Look, I’m dead tired, I’m not in the mood for this right now.” He said as he walked towards the stairs.

“So you’re just gonna leave this hanging like you always do?” She said, her arms crossed.

“Not tonight Luna.” He said as he reached the top of the stairs. “Come on, let’s sleep.”

“I’ll go later.” She said as she walked into the kitchen. Jonghyun shrugged and entered his room. ing his shirt, he looked at himself on his mirror. He was completely drained. Slowly he removed the shirt, staying with only a white tank top. He removed his pants and threw them on the basket and jumped on bed. He smiled as he felt the soft pillows under his head, the cold sheets under his body. The door open slowly, then closed and Luna walked in. Jonghyun sat up and smiled at her.

“Let’s sleep honey. I’m really tired.” Jonghyun said. Luna took out her night robe and put it on the vanity, staying only in underwear, and walked towards the bed. She stopped in front of Jonghyun, and he smirked as he saw her half body in front of him. She had lost weight, but she still looked as gorgeous as he remembered.

“Do you still love me, Jonghyun?” She said. Jonghyun rested his head on his right hand as his left hand touched her waist, pulling her over him.

“More than anything in the world babe, why would you ask?” He said as he kissed her belly. She let out a sigh and caressed his hair.

“Then let’s go, forget all about this and go.” She begged. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and rested his back on the bed, covering his body with the sheets.

“Good night Luna.” He said. Luna crawled on bed next to him and hugged his body, resting her head on his broad chest.

“Jonghyun, please.” She said again. Jonghyun opened his eyes and held her shoulder, pushing her aside.

“What do you want me to do? Drop everything we own and escape? I can’t do that, I have responsibilities Luna. I have a company to take care off, you know how this was before you decided to live with me.” He told her. Luna glared at him.

“No, this is not how it was when I decided to live with you. Everything was normal then, but ever since you took over that damned company everything just… ugh, forget it.” She said and rested her back on bed, covering her face under the sheets.

“Everything what? Don’t leave that conversation hanging, it’s what you always do. If you never tell me what’s wrong I won’t be able to fix it.”

“Let’s move out, that’s how you’ll fix it. Let us disappear forever, out of that company, you and me. Come on Jonghyun, it shouldn’t be so hard, if you love me, you’ll do it.” She said. Jonghyun sat up straight and glared at her.

“Don’t give me that, don’t question my love for you over my job.” He said. She glared at him and then turned around, giving him her back.

“Then feel free to enjoy the sofa.” She said. Jonghyun glared and rested his back again on the bed, closing his eyes.

“I paid for this damned bed, and I’m damned tired, I won’t go to the sofa, I’m staying here.” He said. He felt a sudden movement on his side, and moments later, Luna was walking out of the room. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes again, hoping for dear sleep to come. He could deal with that later.

Days had passed by and Luna still refused to sleep with Jonghyun. He had come home late every night, too tired to even think of arguing with her. It was rarely whenever he saw her, she would be either sleeping on their guest room or just deliberately ignoring him. He decided that night, he would be home early. He was tired as usual, but he wanted to make an effort to talk to her, to fix things properly. He quickly parked his car and walked out of it as fast as he could. It was 8 pm at night, the place had the normal traffic of people arriving from their jobs. Jonghyun awaited in front of the elevator, tapping his foot constantly on the floor.

The elevator finally reached the lobby, and Jonghyun stormed in, pushing hastily the 14th button. He continued tapping his foot until he reached his floor. He walked towards his door and touch the doorknob, moving it to the sides, it was unlocked. He opened it slowly and walked in, kicking off his shoes as he did. He put the suitcase on its usual spot and walked in. The LED Screen was on, a musical channel was playing some MVs from famous bands, Big Bang, he noticed. He walked into the kitchen. In there, Luna was preparing herself some food. He back was towards Jonghyun, and he quickly walked towards her, hugging her from behind.

“Hello baby.” He said. She jumped in surprise, letting whatever was on her hands to the floor. She touched Jonghyun’s hands and squeezed them, then turned around, smiling at him.

“You’re early. What happened?” She said. Jonghyun kissed her lips and smiled.

“Can’t I come home early for my beloved wife?” He said. Luna laughed and nodded, pushing him a bit aside so she could pick up what she dropped. It was a bowl of butter.

“Wife?” She said. Jonghyun shrugged and smile.

“Saying ‘My girlfriend that lives with me’ is too long, wife sounds better.” He said. Luna laughed and shook her head.

“Did you eat?” She said. Jonghyun lied and shook his head.

“I’m starving.” He said. Luna smiled and nodded.

“I cooked spaghettis today, do you want some?” She asked and Jonghyun nodded. She quickly went towards her fridge and took out a bowl of spaghettis and served him a plate. Jonghyun grabbed it quickly and sat on the dining table, looking at her.

“They’re good.” He said. Luna smiled and grabbed the orange juice from the fridge.

“Orange juice?” She said and Jonghyun nodded.

“You know me so well.” He said. She served him the juice and handed it to him. She sat in front of him and smiled.

“Buen Provecho.” She said and Jonghyun smiled.

“What’s that?” He said and she shrugged.

“Spanish. It means ‘good appetite’” She said. Jonghyun nodded and lifted his chopsticks.

“How do I say thanks in Spanish?” He asked and she smiled.

“Gracias.” She said. Jonghyun nodded and swallowed the food.

“Then, gracias for the food.” He said, his accent completely weird. She laughed and nodded.

“De nada, anyways, how was your day?” She said and he drink a bit of juice.

“It was fine. Luna, I came home early to… to talk to you.” He said. Luna widened her eyes.

“Talk about what?” She said. He had noticed her uncomfortable sitting, she was probably avoiding talking about their constant bickering.

“About our fights. I can’t continue thinking you’re mad at me. Are you still angry with me?” He said. Luna let out a sigh and shook her head.

“No, not at you.” She said lowering her head. Jonghyun nodded, stood up and walked next to her. He let out a breath and put his hands on her shoulders.

“You want to move out, right?” He said. She looked at him with wide eyes and nodded.

“Yes, oh please yes.” She said and Jonghyun nodded.

“Alright then, I’ll make the arrangements and we’ll be moving out.” He said. She smiled widely and stood up, hugging him tight. He hugged her back, feeling confused on her sudden behavior. She had been telling him so much that she wanted to move out, yet he never saw why she wanted it so bad.

That night, they slept together, hugging each other and telling how much they cared. Jonghyun felt contented, he thought he had amend everything, but he knew he was far from that. Her face looked hollow, her skin looked pale and her body seemed boney under his touch. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes, praying for everything to turn back to normal when he opened them again.

When morning rose, Jonghyun snapped his eyes open. The lights weren’t interrupting his sleep, yet he couldn’t seem to go back to it. He looked at Luna, soundly asleep next to him, her frail body curled under his arm. He smiled and kissed the top of her head. She stirred, moving to the side, freeing his arm. He stood up, scratching the back of his head as he did. He walked past his mirror, where the reflection of his chest walked by like a silhouette. It was the first time he woke up without looking at himself in the mirror. It was the first morning he didn’t thought of him, but of her. Without dressing up, he sat in front of his laptop, opened the browser and started to search for houses in sale. There weren’t that many in the city, so he had to search out of town, in the country side.

After a few minutes of search, he found one nice for his eyes. It was a cottage, it looked like a paradise in the pictures, and he smiled thinking how happy Luna would be there. Without any second thoughts, he grabbed his phone and dialed the owner of the property.

“Hello?” A man answered.

“Good morning, I’m Mr. Kim and I’m calling regarding that cottage you’re selling in Damyang. I wanted to know when I can go and see it.” Jonghyun said.

“You can come today, I’ll be in town for the whole day.”

“Then I’ll come over right away. Thank you so much.”

“Can you tell me your name? So I can write it down and have the guards let you in?” The man said. Jonghyun hesitated for a bit, then let out a sigh and nodded.

“Kim Jonghyun.” He simply said. The man made an understanding sound.

“Alright Mr. Kim, I’ll be waiting for you.” He said. Jonghyun nodded.

“Thank you, until then.” He said and hung up. He quickly went over his room, Luna was still asleep. He grabbed his clothes and walked into their bathroom and took a quick shower. He dressed up casually, a pair of Levi’s jeans and an Armani black V-Neck, long sleeve shirt. He rolled the sleeves up, showing his toned forearm. He wore a pair of black high sneakers, his dark hair with golden highlights styled messily. He grabbed some black Ray-Ban shades and put them on, then walked hastily out of the room. He descended the staircase, the dim lights of summer morning illuminating the living room of his penthouse. The portraits illuminated the lights entering the room, his and Luna’s face hiding behind the curtain of light reflecting on its mirrors. He let out a sigh and grabbed his keys, walking out of the apartment.

He quickly went over his car, starting the engine hastily and driving out of the place. He the radio, some Dubstep remix he had on a CD started blasting his speakers, and he felt lost in the music as he drove full speed. The trees became blurry green images as he drove, his left hand holding the steering wheel tight as his right hand rested on the shifting gear. He was moving his head slightly as he drove, the meter marking almost a 100 miles per hour, though he couldn’t feel the on his Lamborghini. The speed made his trip short, and he arrived at the place in no time. He parked his car in front of the gates of the residence, the guard walking over him with a little notebook on his hands.

“Good Morning. May I have your name?” The guard said as soon as Jonghyun rolled down his windows. He nodded and smiled.

“Kim Jonghyun.” He said. The guard widened his eyes a slight bit and nodded.

“You may pass.” The guard said retreating. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes and nodded, rolling back up his tinted windows. He his lips as he looked at the guard almost running into the security post and grabbed a phone. The gates opened and Jonghyun drove in, slowly taking his gun out of the gauntlet compartment and setting it next to him.

He drove inside a long road filled with trees and street lights. He was looking around, imagining Luna walking around the place. He finally made it to the house, it wasn’t a huge house, but it was elegant, painted in mahogany colors mixed with beige and sand. He parked the car in front of the main entrance, where an old man was waiting. He put his gun on his belt and hid it with his shirt before walking out of the car. He smiled at the man as he took out his shades, bowing a slight bit.

“Good Morning, I’m Kim Jonghyun, we spoke earlier.” He said as he approached the old man. The man nodded and smiled.

“Yes, I know, my guard called me.” The man said, his hands held together.

“Shall we see the house?” Jonghyun said. The man let out a soft laugh and crooked his head.

“The thing is that I had a pitched client and he just called me saying he deposited the money on my account. I’m afraid this house is sold.” The old man said. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes, then quickly smiled.

“I see, well it’s most unfortunate.” He said as he put on his shades again. The man nodded nervously.

“It is, I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.” The man said and Jonghyun nodded, already walking towards his car.

“Don’t be.” He said as he opened the door of his car. “It was a pleasure speaking with you.” He said as he got into his car and started the engine, quickly driving out of the place. He didn’t even properly waited for the guard to open the gates, he just made a maneuver and drove into the small gap of the gates, speeding off back to his house.

He looked at his phone, his lips pursed as he hesitated whether or not he should check another house. He shook his head and parked his car on the side of the road and fetched his phone, browsing for more houses. Fortunately, he found one near where he was, and he quickly dialed the number.

“Good morning, Mrs. Yang here, how can I help you?” A woman said.

“Good morning, I’m calling regarding the house you’re selling in the outsides of Andong. Can I come by and see it?” He said.

“Of course, I’m right here doing some cleaning, what’s your name?” The woman said. Jonghyun bit his lip and smiled.

“Kim Jonghyun.” He said.

“Alright Mr. Kim, I’ll be waiting.” She said and Jonghyun nodded.

“Thanks.” He said and hung up. He quickly drove into the house, it didn’t had a security post nor gates, so he just drove into the road. It wasn’t long either, he quickly reached the house and parked the car in front of it. The lady came out of the house smiling at him. He got out of the car and smiled back, slightly bowing.

“Good morning.” He said and she smiled wider.

“Welcome, good morning to you. Come in.” She said gesturing him to come in. He nodded and walked in. The house was big, a two story house with elegant structure. “This Villa is almost a century old, it was my great grandfather’s, and it’s a family heritage.” The lady said as she showed him the inside of the house. Jonghyun nodded as he looked at the doors, the windows. They weren’t exactly strong, the windows could easily be broken, but he could also easily change them. The floor was made of mahogany wood, the walls were painted in beige with golden decorations. He liked them so far.

“Does this house has a basement?” Jonghyun asked. The lady nodded smiling at him.

“Yes it does, the main door is in the kitchen. Do you want me to show it to you?” The lady said and Jonghyun nodded.

“Yes, please.” He said. The lady walked into a door that was next to them. It led towards a modern kitchen, with wooden counters and stainless steel appliances. Behind the dining table there was a white door.

“That’s the door.” The lady said as she stopped next to Jonghyun. He looked at her and nodded. “You seem oddly familiar young man, are you from around here?” The lady said. Jonghyun bit his inner cheeks and smiled at her as he slightly shook his head.

“No ma’am, I’m afraid I’m not. I’m from the city.” He said. The lady furrowed her eyebrows at him.

“I feel like I’ve seen you before.” She said as she shrugged, fetching a set of keys on her apron. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow as she unlocked the door and opened the door.

She showed him the basement, and when they were done there, she showed him the entire house. Jonghyun was pleased with it, it wasn’t what he had been expecting, but it was lovely, well-built and beautiful. He smiled imagining Luna in there, and without any hesitation, he shook his hand with the lady.

“I’ll be contacting you this afternoon for the lease contract and all that.” Jonghyun said and the lady nodded smiling.

“It’ll be a pleasure.” The lady said and Jonghyun left. He quickly went to his car and drove back to his house. He arrived there quickly and went towards his penthouse. As he unlocked the front door, he heard someone talking inside. He frowned and put his hear close to the door. It was Luna on the phone.

“No mother, I’ve talked to him and he said we would move out.” She said. Jonghyun smiled and unlocked the door, but the next thing he heard made him stop abruptly.

“No, I didn’t told him. I’m damn sick of this place.” She said. “No mom, I’m still alright, they haven’t done anything yet. I’m sure they’re waiting for any movement.” Jonghyun narrowed his eyes as he slowly opened the door.

“I’ve been so scared lately…” She murmured, then she turned her head towards him. She smiled weakly at him and nodded. “Mom I got to go, Jonghyun’s here. Yeah, I love you mom. Bye.” She said and hung up.

“Hey honey.” Jonghyun said as he set his keys on the table next to the door. Luna smiled and grabbed a piece of bread and handed it to Jonghyun.

“You’re here for breakfast? I thought you left for work early.” She said. Jonghyun grabbed the piece of bread and bit it.

“I was out on some urgent business.” He said as he casually ate his bread. Luna nodded and served him a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. She set the plate on the dining table and Jonghyun sat on his chair.

“I hope it wasn’t something serious.” She said and Jonghyun shook his head. She hugged him from his back and kissed his cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He said. He remembered the gun on his belt and froze for a moment, he hadn’t told Luna his real business, and he didn’t wanted her to know, it would mean she would be involved in it, and he didn’t wanted any of that. “I have to go to the bathroom real quick.” He said and quickly stood up, walking up the stairs.

“Don’t be late, you’re food’s getting cold by the minute.” She said as she ate her own food. Jonghyun nodded and ran upstairs. When he reached the top he took out his gun and put it on one of his hiding spots behind a fake wall next to the master room. In there he had a few other guns and daggers. He put the gun there and closed the fake wall, locking it. He went to the bathroom, waited a few minutes and walked down, smiling at her.

“Let’s eat.” He said as he sat on the chair and ate his breakfast.

That afternoon, he walked into his father’s office. Woochoong was eating a piece of cake as he signed some papers. Jonghyun cleared his throat as he closed the door to his father’s office. The place was decorated in black, gray and white. The desk was black with a crystal top, the chair was black and the walls were gray and the rugs black over a white floor. Woochoong look up, he was wearing his usual black suit with white shirt, his face looked tired. Jonghyun felt almost guilty for it.

“Arriving late, leaving work undone and neglecting your job. Is that how you plan to raise my company? One I’ve work so hard to build?” Woochoong said. Jonghyun gulped and lowered his head.

“I’m sorry father, its Luna, she’s been strange lately.” Jonghyun said. Woochoong rested his back on his chair, his hand under his chin.

“Is this Luna the lady you’ve been dating?” Woochoong said and Jonghyun nodded.

“Yes father, we’ve been going out for quite a long time now.” Jonghyun said and Woochoong nodded.

“From the Park conglomerate, am I right? Luna Park.” Woochoong said. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes.

“Yes.” Jonghyun said. Woochoong nodded and stood up, grabbing some papers with him. He walked towards Jonghyun and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Son, leave her. She’s just a nuisance to you, a burden over your shoulders. You should just leave her and find someone better than her.” He said and left. Jonghyun widened his eyes as he looked at the empty desk that belonged to his father. His hands balled into fists as he heard over and over again the words his father had told him. Rage ran through his veins, a feeling of betrayal invaded him. How could he ever say that to him when he have given all to his father?

That night, he drove quickly back towards his house, it was 6pm, too early for him to leave his work, but he didn’t cared, he was too enraged to even wait one minute longer. As he drove, his phone rang. He quickly grabbed it and answered it without looking the number ID.

“Hello?” He said, his voice rude and impolite.

“Mr. Kim? I’m sorry, it’s Mrs. Yang from the Andong house. I’m afraid I can’t sell it to you, my father’s ill and he wanted to come back, said he was going to stay at that house.” The lady said. Jonghyun tightened his jaw, the muscles clenching, and let out a scoff.

“Is it because of my name? Are you afraid of that name?” Jonghyun said out of the blue. The lady gasped.

“W-What? Of course not. I don’t even know you.” She said. Jonghyun scoffed again.

“Yeah, sure. My face’s familiar to you because I’m the son and heir of Kim Woochoong, co-owner of Kim Industries, Samsung companies and Daewoo. I’m a public image. Is that why you can’t sell me that house?” Jonghyun hissed. He knew he was saying too much, but the trembling in the woman’s voice told him he was right.

“N-No… I’m sorry Mr. Kim, have a good night.” She said and hung up. Jonghyun screamed and threw the phone aside, somewhere on the car. He parked his car on his usual spot and stormed out of it, almost running towards his apartment. When he entered, he saw Luna standing on the window, her arms hugging her petite body as her eyes darted side to side. She was oblivious of Jonghyun’s presence on the apartment, so he walked in slowly, making slight noises so she would noticed him. And she did, she quickly turned around, her eyes wide with fear. When she realized it was him, she smiled, her face showed relieve and her hands softened their grip on her body.

“You’re back.” She said out of breath. Jonghyun nodded, he was still wearing his shoes, still with keys in hand.

“Pack your stuffs, we’re moving.” He said.

Three days later, they were on their way towards their new house, pretty far from the city. He had to give Luna’s real name, Park Sunyoung, so they could buy it. The person was nice enough to let them live on it before buying it, though they were already making the arrangements to buy it. Luna was pleased with it, it wasn’t huge, it wasn’t what they were used to live in, but Jonghyun could make the amends to it. He threw away all his credits card, his identity cards, everything. Luna finally told him why she wanted to move out, and he couldn’t believe his ears. For all those days, those weeks, Woochoong was tormenting her, threatening to kill her or him if she didn’t disappeared from his life. He was enraged with his father.

He heard Luna’s phone ringing, and she quickly answered it. It was her mother. She talked to her for a few minutes before her face distorted and a grim expression took the best of her.

“Are you sure? Mom, this can’t be.” Luna said. She looked at Jonghyun, a pained expression on her eyes. “Yes, I’ll tell him, thanks for calling me.” She said and hung up.

“What happened?” Jonghyun said. Luna let out a sigh and grabbed his hand.

“You’re mother… passed away Jonghyun.” She said, and that was all he needed to completely lose it. He stopped the car in the middle of the road and looked at her, his eyes wide with fear.

“Don’t joke like that.” He said.

“I would never.”

“What happened to her?” Jonghyun said and Luna bit her lips as a tear escaped her eye.

“She commit suicide Jonghyun… You know she was sick. Her burden was too much, and even if my mother visited her often, it wasn’t enough.” Luna explained. Jonghyun put a hand on his mouth as he started to sob.

“W-Why…” Jonghyun said and Luna touched his face. She didn’t said anything else, just comforted him. He cried as he had never cried in his life. He screamed and kicked and punched, and finally, he walked out of the room, screaming at the top of his lungs.

It took him time, but he finally settle. His life was slowly turning back to normal, his Luna was gaining weight and she looked happy. He had found a job using his new fake name, Park Jeong-su. He had completely lost communication with his father, and he thought he got rid of him, until that day.

He was walking out of his small office, smiling at his co-workers as he greeted them a great weekend. He was walking towards his car, he had sold his Lamborghini and was driving a small Toyota Corolla now. He had gone deep, but he was happy. His clothes weren’t Armani or Levi’s or Versace anymore, instead he wore simple clothes of less known names. His shoes finally showed signs of being wore a lot, and his hair had finally met a cheap brush. It was hard at the beginning, but now he had made his peace.

As he walked into his car, he felt someone following him. He fastened his pace and when he reached his car, someone pushed him from behind. He landed on his car and quickly turned around, punching a man that was launching towards him. He was unarmed, but he well knew how to fight. The man punched him, and he fell back on his car. He s his legs on the man’s waist and started to punch him. The man lifted him up, he wasn’t particularly heavy, even if he was pretty toned himself. When the man lifted him up, he used that opportunity to throw him to the floor, punching him countless times until the man fell unconscious. Another man grabbed him from behind and held him tight while another one punched him out cold.

He opened his eyes slowly, a piercing pain throbbing on his head as a light shone bright on his face. He looked around, he couldn’t quite see anything, only silhouettes. He narrowed his eyes as a figure approached him, he tried to move but he was tied to a chair.

“Park Jeong-su, that’s quite smart, considering the real one works for me.” A voice said, one he knew too well. Jonghyun hissed as his father kneeled in front of him. “Though I’m disappointed, I expected more from you.”

“Get away.” Jonghyun hissed and Woochoong laughed.

“You know what gave you away? After all those months missing from me? One tiny picture.” Woochoong said. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes again.

“What are you talking about?” Jonghyun said and Woochoong laughed as he threw one newspaper on his lap. In front of it was a picture of him and his work team. They told him the picture was only to make a frame of it, but never thought they would put it on the newspaper, none the less for them to put information and names on it. He cursed out loud as he saw it.

“I thought you were smart.” Woochoong said. Jonghyun glared at him.

“And you’re planning on lock me up for eternity?” Jonghyun said and Woochoong laughed.

“Of course not, what would people say about me, having my own son tied up and locked away from public eye? No, you will be set free right now.” He said and someone freed his arms. Jonghyun touched his wrist, they were red and stained with blood. “But now, you will not be my second in command, yet you will be bound to this company.” Woochoong said.

“My mother, you killed her.” Jonghyun said and Woochoong laughed.

“No, she commit suicide, and it’s most unfortunate that her only son wasn’t there at her funeral.” Woochoong said. Jonghyun glared at him again.

“I wasn’t her only son, I had a sister.” Jonghyun said. Woochoong looked at him with wide eyes.

“You know it’s forbidden to talk about her!” Woochoong said. Jonghyun stood up glaring at his father.

“Why? Scared some skeletons in your closet might fall out?” Jonghyun said, and just then, Woochoong slapped him. Jonghyun held his cheek as he glared at his father.

“Enough.” Woochoong said and walked out, leaving him alone. Jonghyun took a deep breath and straightened up, running out of the place. He found out he was at his father’s house. He shook his head and ran towards the garage, where his old car still was parked. He grabbed a set of keys and ran towards it, starting the engine. He drove out, and to his surprise, no one tried to stop him.

He drove back towards his house, slightly trembling, fearing what he might find in there. As he stopped the car, his eyes widened in fear. The house looked like a mess, doors and windows broken, the bushes were ruined and Luna’s flowers were scattered around the floor. He got out of the car with trembling legs and walked into the house. He almost screamed as he saw the inside of the house, a complete mess. He ran upstairs, screaming Luna’s name, but he couldn’t find her anywhere. She was nowhere inside the house. He ran out and screamed, no one heard him, and no one answered him. He punched a wall and ran to his car, crying silently as he dialed Luna’s phone number. No answer. He dialed his step-mother’s phone, there was no answer.

“!” He screamed as he hit the steering wheel. He drove towards Taemin’s house, swearing he would never go back to his father’s house.

He spent months looking for Luna, but there was no trace, no nothing. She was nowhere to be found, and as the days passed by, his hopes slowly vanished. Taemin would always try and search for her, but every attempt was futile, she was lost forever. He spent his days plotting against his father, but no plan would seem to work, his father owned everything. Until one day, one woman walked into their lives.

Jonghyun looked at her, her slim figure, her feline eyes and her long, blonde hair seemed to push him into a trance of bliss, of happiness. As soon as he saw her, the way she looked at Woochoong, the way her eyes depicted hatred opened a door for him. This was his moment. He searched her data base, and realize one thing, they both had something in common, they both shared the same enemy, they both shared the same hatred for the same person, it was his time to make a move.

He had sent his comrades to do the introduction, and one night, in one club, he finally met her. His eyes got glued on her as she walked in accompanied with Minho.

“Welcome,” Taemin said as he introduced them all. Jonghyun smiled at her as Taemin introduced him, but she didn’t give any signs of amusement.

“Come sit with us…” 

 


Gily's Notes: ULTRA LONG CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYS!!

Next one up, A SECRET!! Lol!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥