Brothers

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

The café was partly crowded, people chatting in groups, couples and people reading magazines or checking their phones as they drank their coffee and ate their cakes. Chaerin walked fast paced until she reached the V.I.P section of the Rousseau & Rousseau café, where she would meet with Kim Jonghyun along with Jiyong. He wasn’t too fond of the idea of her meeting with him, even if she had chosen a public space, he still refused to let her go alone. At the end, Chaerin had to agree with him coming with her, which probably meant some stares, glares and a few smart remarks on Jiyong’s behalf.

As they reached the table, Chaerin noticed Jonghyun wasn’t alone, he was accompanied by no other than Taemin. They both share a look before looking at Chaerin. She had always found odd and peculiar how both of them could agree and talk without sharing any word. It was like they were twins, like real family. For all she knew, they could be.

“Sorry we’re late, traffic was terrible.” Chaerin said as she and Jiyong took their respective seat in front of Jonghyun and Taemin. She hadn’t noticed Jiyong’s movements until she saw him put his hands under the table, close to his gun. She looked at him through the corner of her eye, he balled his hands into fists, then relaxed them as he slumped down his chair, looking all bad- in front of the men that were looking at him with a peculiar interest.

“So we meet again.” Jiyong said, and that made Chaerin look at him, then at the people in front of her.

“So we meet again.” Taemin said. Chaerin looked at Taemin, a grin on her face and nodded.

“So that saves us the presentations. That’s good.” She said. She saw by the corner of her eye that Jiyong wore that smug face he always had whenever he was in front of people he didn’t like. He was going to make it hard for them, as usual.

“Indeed, my question is, why the sudden reunion? I thought you didn’t wanted any communication with us.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin nodded, her hands on the table, looking as delicate as a flower, but who knew better, those hands were dangerous, and now, they were dangerously close to a knife on the table. Jonghyun seemed to noticed, and a grin was plastered on his face as he did.

“I need you. That’s why.” She simply said. Jonghyun shifted on his chair, his elbow resting on the armchair as his hand supported his chin.

“Interesting. I once needed you and you gave me your back. I don’t see where I owe you anything.” He said. Chaerin smiled at him widely.

“I never gave my back on you. There was a situation I couldn’t avoid.”

“I can see that. I’m sorry about your eye, it looks like it hurt.” Jonghyun spoke. Chaerin made a shrugging movement with her shoulders and shook her head.

“I’ve had worst.” She said. Taemin, who never was the person to go around the bush, straightened on his chair and rested his elbows on the table, looking at her.

“What do you want?” He said, and just then, Jiyong did the same, and Chaerin could see his face had turn from the smug expression to a dangerous, fierce one.

“What you want, to kill Woochoong. Also, we need you to tell us about Kim Dami.” She finally said. Taemin smirked and rested his back on his chair, looking at Jiyong.

“So you found the courage to ask her. That’s nice.” Taemin said. Chaerin looked at Jiyong, who never lost eye contact with Taemin, then at Jonghyun.

“I don’t have all day.” She said.

“Well, she’s my sister, yes. She’s my father’s favorite child, and, as you might know, she’s completely under his influence.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow, then she noticed how Jonghyun slightly shifted his gaze to his hands, then at Jiyong. She looked at Jonghyun’s hand. He had a few long scars in them. She also noticed he didn’t moved the fingers on his right hand, which had an odd looking scar on top of it, running from the fingers to his wrist.

“Under his influence?” Jiyong echoed and Jonghyun nodded.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you had already met her. I haven’t seen her for a few months now, I guess she’s on a mission. I don’t know.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin’s mind always worked fast, processing all the data at the moment said, and something about his words made her remember all the strange activities for the past few days, all of them pointed at a certain person.

“That’s makes it harder.” Chaerin said.

“I’ve told you, I had the information, but couldn’t tell where she was.” Taemin said, and when Chaerin looked at him, he already had a phone on his hands. “But there’s nothing impossible for us.” He said as he handed Jiyong the phone. Jiyong took it and looked at it, it was a normal phone.

“What’s this?” Jiyong asked. Taemin just shrugged as he rested his back once more on his chair.

“You find out. Or do you want me to eat all your food for you?” Taemin said and Jiyong quickly glared at him, then he the phone. Chaerin looked at it, the screen had a default wallpaper, but in the main screen, the only application seen was the gallery one. Jiyong touched it and when it opened, it had only one album. Jiyong touched it, and pictures of a lady appeared on it. Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows as Jiyong opened the picture and the image of the lady that had helped her the day before appeared on screen.

“Who is her?” Chaerin asked, but no one answered her. Jiyong then turned off the screen and set the phone on the table, one hand over his mouth as the other still rested on the table. “Jiyong, what’s wrong?” She said as she lightly tapped her hand on his shoulder. He looked at her, his face pale and his eyes watery. She was going to ask something more but he quickly stood up and left, leaving her alone with Taemin and Jonghyun.

“That lady is none other than Kim Dami, or Kwon Dami, Jiyong’s eldest sister and my now adoptive sister.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin held her breath, and for a moment, her head gave thousands of turns, remembering the way she talked to her, how she knew who she was calling, when he was going to arrive, exactly the same table she had dated Jiyong once. She put a hand over as the sensation of vomiting took the best of her.

“.” Was all she said. Jonghyun nodded as he rested his back on the chair.

“I think we have one more problem, instead of just my father.” Jonghyun said and Chaerin nodded while standing up.

“Are you going to help us or just stay sideways?” She said. Jonghyun also stood up, nodding his head.

“I’m at your side. We should all meet, we need to finish this now. And if Dami’s doing what I think she’s doing, we don’t have time.” Jonghyun said and Chaerin nodded.

“I’ll text you some directions, I expect the five of you tonight at the place I’ll tell you. Until then.” Chaerin said and left, searching for Jiyong. She saw him outside the café, smoking a cigarette. She quickly walked towards him, his leg supporting him against the wall, his face lost in thought as his eyes looked towards the sky.

“She was always there. She was always there and I didn’t noticed.” He spoke without looking at her.

“How could you?” Chaerin said. Jiyong chuckled and inhaled his cigarette once more, the smoke escaping his lips, making swirls as it merged with the air.

“She’s my sister, and, as you could see, we don’t look too different from the other.” He said. Chaerin pouted for a slight moment, then furrowed her eyebrows and looked at them.

“I didn’t noticed.” She said. Jiyong chuckled once more as he threw what it remained of his cigarette and stepped on it.

“Are those guys with us?” Jiyong said and Chaerin quickly nodded.

“I told them we’ll meet tonight. Should I tell him the directions of the house?” She said and Jiyong nodded, now looking at her.

“Sure,” he said and started to walk, almost dragging her with him.

It was almost 7pm and the living room was more crowded than ever. The house held a total of 15 people in it. They sat everywhere, from the stairs to the sofa to the chairs and the floor. Chaerin sat next to Jiyong on the love seat. Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho and Onew sat on the sofa while Key sat on a chair next to the sofa. They let Kijin sit on the lounge seat, and Seunghyun sat on a chair next to him. James sat on the floor in front of Chaerin while Minjie and Bom both sat on the floor along with Seungri and Youngbae, they had, as usual, their laptops on their laps. Daesung was standing next to the stairs, entertaining himself with some dagger he was cleaning. Kijin crossed his legs and looked at all of them before speaking.

“Do you have any descent plan that doesn’t involves you dying?” He said as he looked at Chaerin, who simply shrugged.

“Let us go over that information again,” Seunghyun said. “You’re saying Jiyong, that your sister is probably working with Woochoong, and that you believe she has enough information to reach each one of us?” Jiyong nodded.

“I’ve been going to that café like, forever, but it wasn’t until I met Chaerin that I noticed they hired that new girl. And that girl happens to be Dami, is there a coincidence? I don’t think so.” Jiyong said and rested his back on the seat, putting a hand over Chaerin’s shoulders.

“Do you think she’s hired to kill you?” Seungri asked, to which Jiyong shrugged.

“Or Chaerin, we will only know once we talk to her.” He answered. Chaerin noticed that her father was started to move his hands rapidly, tapping his fingernails on the armchair, habit that she too had whenever she was anxious.

“Father, are you ok?” Chaerin said, to which Kijin nodded, his hand on his chin. “You’re sure?” She said, and his father finally looked at her, his eyes apologetic.

“There’s something else I didn’t told you.” He said. Chaerin crooked her head and Jiyong straightened up.

“Speak up.” Jiyong said. Kijin moved uncomfortably on his chair and finally straightened up, looking at Jiyong.

“Your mother, Kwon Jihye, she was beautiful,” He started. Jiyong nodded, his eyebrows furrowed. “She was too beautiful, and the best soldier there was. She met your father, Kwon Younghwan in one of her missions, we all thought it was the best for her, but we didn’t know how wrong we were.” Kijin said. Jiyong was rubbing his palms with the fabric of his jeans, thing he usually do whenever he was in the urgent need of a cigarette, or whenever he was anxious, that would still lead him to smoke.

“What does that has to do with anything?” Jiyong said, to which Kijin nodded.

“I believe you’ve seen her beauty Jiyong, everyone would have fallen for her. Just like you fell for my daughter,” Kijin continued, his face filled with apology, of sadness and sorrow. “And there was someone else who fell for her.”

“Woochoong…” Jiyong said, to which Kijin nodded.

“Woochoong got obsessed with Jihye, so much he wouldn’t stop begging her to be with him, but your mother loved your father, very much. She wouldn’t agree, and Woochoong pretended he was over it,” he continued, now drinking a bit from his glass of water. “Your late father knew about Woochoong’s love for his wife, he was a dear friend of mine, Younghwan. We all thought Woochoong had gotten over it, since he had left. We heard news of him succeeding in everything he tried. He bought companies, made companies and made a lot of money, we couldn’t be happier.”

“And I’m sure you know how he made all that success, right?” Jonghyun spoke for the first time since he entered the house. Kijin nodded, giving him a warm smile.

“It was so wrong, we wanted to quit, to continue our lives. I got married, Jihye and Younghwan had their first daughter, and everything was fine, until Woochoong came back. He had married a woman, Kim Joonhee. He had pretended he was happy, we all enjoyed our time together, until one day, 23 years ago.”  Kijin continued as he looked at Jonghyun, who was looking at him with his usual wide, puppy eyes. “He went crazy, hitting Joonhee, treating her like in front of us, I tried talking to him, but he wouldn’t listen. Not even for his baby daughter. After that, I left, my wife was scared of Woochoong, and she begged me to leave, so I did. When I came back, I saw that Jihye was pregnant. She wouldn’t talk about it, but she always looked depressed, she lost weight, she looked sick. When I asked her, she would tell me she was fine, until I spoke with Younghwan.”

“And what did he say?” Chaerin asked, totally immerse on the story, not noticing Jiyong’s fist balling while grabbing the fabric of the pillow he was holding, or Jonghyun’s jaw muscles clenching so strong it look like he could break his teeth. Kijin look at both Jiyong and Jonghyun, his face apologetic.

“I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have left. I should had stayed and protect her.” Kijin said. Jiyong stood up abruptly, and Chaerin instinctively stood up, planning to protect her father of Jiyong’s rage, but Jiyong just grabbed a cigarette and light it up. He looked at Chaerin, then at Kijin, one hand deep on his pocket as he rested his back on the wall. Jonghyun, on the other side, continued clenching his jaw, not moving, only pressing.

“Is there a reason why you should apologize so much?” Key spoke and Kijin nodded.

“Woochoong threatened her, he told her that he would kill little Jiyongie, Dami and Younghwan. And she obliged, giving birth to her third child.” Kijin said.

"No, it's not possible, there's only Dami and me. No one else." Jiyong said. Kijin smiled at him, a fatherly smile.

"Are you sure about that, son?"

"Yeah." Jiyong said, not sounding too convinced.

"Well, I'm afraid I have to pop your little bubble. She had a third child, and he's right here now." Kijin said. Everyone looked at each other, Chaerin even tried to find a resemblance, but she failed to do so. "He's right here, Jonghyun." Kijin finally said and both Jonghyun and Jiyong widened their eyes at him.

“What?!” Both Jiyong and Jonghyun said in unison. Chaerin held her breath, her hand going towards . All the people in the house did almost the same expression, their face shocked and perplexed.

“Father, are you sure of what you’re saying?” Chaerin asked with a shaky voice. Kijin just nodded slowly, his head low.

“Jiyong, Jonghyun, you’re brothers. You both share the same mother, Kwon Jihye, the same blood. You’re brothers.”

 


Gily's Notes: What does this teaches us? Don't ever trust ANYONE on this story... not even the author! lmao!

For those of you you have fallen from your chairs, I fell too when I wrote this xD I got so excited imagining your comments... I'll be expecting them xD buahahahaha!!

Love you all!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥