Higher Price

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

Adrenaline, a hormone the Adrenal Medulla secretes when the person is in an intense situation of stress and anxiety. It increases the heart rate, blood pressure and cardiac output. It can also help trained people to have better sight, better hearing and moving more smoothly. It was a dance, filled with adrenaline, sweat and pants. Jiyong could easily avoid getting hit as he searched for a good weapon. He had run out of ammo and the dagger he carried wasn’t long enough, it would be a disadvantage.

Woochoong launched himself towards Jiyong, and Jiyong used that opportunity to knock out the Katana from Woochoong’s hands. Without the Katana, Woochoong seized for Jiyong’s neck, and this time, Jiyong couldn’t avoid getting caught. The pressure on his neck was making him dizzy, the pain on his body was forbidding him to free himself and the shaking of his hands made it impossible for him to grab Woochoong’s arms.

“It’s time for you to die.” Woochoong hissed as he pressed harder. Jiyong shook his hands in hopes of controlling them, and grabbed Woochoong’s arms, trying to pry them off his neck.

“N-Not yet…” Jiyong panted as he slowly managed to free himself. Woochoong widened his eyes, and when he tried to press harder, Jiyong punched his face, throwing him to the side. Jiyong quickly stood up with a jump and seized for the Katana. Woochoong kicked him and Jiyong fell on the floor, his chest finding a bar on it. He whimpered and stood up, grabbing the bar on his hands. When Woochoong approached him, Jiyong hit him with the bar, breaking his eyebrow. Woochoong touched his eyebrow and then looked at his hand, it was filled with his own blood.

“It will be the only blood I’ll spill by your hand.” Woochoong said and took out a dagger from his jacket. Jiyong glared at him and took out his own dagger out.

“Nah, I don’t think so.” Jiyong said and launched towards Woochoong. Woochoong tried to stab him, but Jiyong grabbed his wrist and threw him to the front, rolling on his side and jumping, trying to stab him on his back. Woochoong was faster, and as Jiyong landed on his feet Woochoong turned around and punched Jiyong’s face. He fell to the floor, his dagger falling a few meters away from him. He looked at Woochoong, he had a smirk on his face.

“Yes, I think so.” He said and went to stab Jiyong on his heart. Jiyong gulped but never took his eyes off Woochoong. As Woochoong bent down, Jiyong saw by the corner of his eye a silhouette running towards them. Woochoong seemed to notice it and looked to the side. Jiyong took that opportunity to grab his dagger, but Woochoong’s body was forbidding him to do so. While he struggled to get the dagger, he felt someone throwing Woochoong aside, and he quickly grabbed the dagger and stood up.

When Jiyong looked to the side, Jonghyun was on top of Woochoong, trying to bury his dagger on his chest. Woochoong had his face serious, stern as he fought his own son. Jonghyun’s back was trembling, the toned muscles showing under his wet black shirt. Jiyong tried to catch his breath, resting his hands on his knees. He heard a scream and when he looked up, Woochoong punched Jonghyun’s face, throwing him on the floor.

“I’m completely disappointed, son. Rebelling against me, after I gave you everything you ever wanted.” Woochoong said as he stood up, moving his dagger between his hands.

“That’s bull and you know it! You have taken more than you have given. I wasn’t your son, I was your pawn!” Jonghyun yelled as he dragged himself, his leg being badly injured with a dagger stuck on it. Woochoong shook his head and smiled.

“Sunyoung was her name, right? She was dangerous for you my son, but you never saw it. I had to protect you.” Woochoong said, now standing next to Jonghyun. Jonghyun shook his head and slowly stood up, limping.

“Dangerous because she wasn’t controlled by you? That’s bull!” Jonghyun said. Woochoong shook his head again, making a ‘tsk’ sound with his tongue.

“It’s not that son, her family, the Park conglomerate are a dangerous business; they could have gotten our company into bankruptcy. You should know better.”

“I know better, I will find her, I will bring her back and keep her by my side.” Jonghyun said. Woochoong smirked.

“Find her? How can you find something that’s lost forever?” Woochoong said, and with that, Jiyong ran towards him, attacking him from behind. Woochoong stumbled on a cable on the floor, and both Jiyong and he fell on the floor. Unfortunately for Jiyong, his arm got stuck into a rail, breaking it. Jiyong screamed, and Woochoong grabbed his neck and pulled him up. Jiyong panted as he stood up, trying to free himself from Woochoong’s grasp.

“I’m sick and tired of you and your damned name. I’ve had enough.” Woochoong said and grabbed his dagger.

“You’ll be hearing it for quite a long time, old man.” Jiyong said. Woochoong smirked and nodded.

“Yes, but it will fade, as your father did.” Woochoong said. Jiyong tried to free himself, but his broken arm wasn’t helping him at all. Jonghyun launched himself towards Woochoong, freeing Jiyong. Jiyong fell on the floor again, his arm pulsating from the pain he was feeling. He quickly stood up and grabbed his dagger, securing it on his good arm. Woochoong grabbed his son and punched him on the face several times. Jonghyun fought him back but Woochoong easily dispatched of him, throwing him to the side, and Jonghyun, having an injured leg, fell through the stairs, his head hitting a piece of metal, leaving him unconscious.

Woochoong then turned towards Jiyong. The only thing Jiyong could do was back off a bit. Woochoong grabbed a metal bar and hit Jiyong’s face. He fell on the floor one more time, his face bleeding profusely. He tried to stand up, but Woochoong grabbed by his hair, lifting him up, slowly and painfully.

 “It’s time to end this.” Woochoong hissed. Jiyong frowned, and as he struggled to free himself, he felt a stinging pain on his abdomen. He widened his eyes, a hot stream falling through his stomach. “And the next one will be your dearest Chaerin.” Woochoong said as he buried the dagger deep on Jiyong’s abdomen. Jiyong coughed, everything was starting to turn into darkness. He fought to the very last minute, trying with all his might to keep himself conscious. With the last strength of his body, he stabbed Woochoong on his diaphragm and into the heart. He saw Woochoong widening his eyes, and even into the heaviness of darkness, he could finally smile.

“I’m taking you with me.” Jiyong hissed, his voice shaking but never losing the strength of it. He saw Woochoong coughing out blood, his eye disorienting. Jiyong wanted to see the life escaping from his eyes, but Woochoong looked down, watching the place Jiyong had stabbed him.

“This… can’t be…” He coughed. Jiyong smirked again, Woochoong’s dagger deep into his chest. He tried to laugh but the pain forbid him to do so.

“Jiyong!” He heard at the distance the voice of Chaerin. He smiled again and Woochoong let go of him, both of them falling on the floor. Jiyong coughed, the air escaping his lungs as the pain slowly faded from his body. He was smiling, he could tell, but everything felt so distant it was as if he was dreaming.

“Jiyong, oh my God no!” He heard Chaerin again, now a bit closer, yet every noise was so distant. A dream, a beautiful dream at last, one without pain, one without nightmares, a peaceful dream where he could finally fly.

The place was surrounded by people, the smooth movements of her body allowing her to kill as many as possible. She was dirty and sweaty, blood stained her body as she killed one by one the people around her. Her long hair was sticking to her neck, but nothing of that forbid her to continue moving as if the place was a stage and she was the main dancer. Jiyong had taught her as much, and with every kill, she felt her adrenaline raising to unknown levels.

She landed on her feet, and just then, a man grabbed her from behind. She quickly crouched, unbalancing him. She put her leg behind his and made him fall on the floor. In there, she quickly broke his neck with her foot, her hair moving graciously as she did. A few seconds of breathing were granted to her, and she looked up, fortunately having a first glance at Jiyong after a long time. She spotted him with Taemin, and a gush of relieve got the best of her. She thought of going towards him and helping him, but a stinging pain on her arm changed her mind.

A man had shoot her arm, she screamed as she looked at it, bleeding and burnt. She took out her own gun and shoot him countless time, until she ran out of ammo. When the man fell on the floor, she walked towards him, already feeling dizzy from the loss of blood. She bent down and grabbed the man’s gun, putting it on her belt. Then, she grabbed his shirt and ripped it, taking a piece of cloth with her. With swift movements, she took out her jacket, throwing it aside as she put the piece of cloth on her arm, tying it firmly to prevent the bleeding. She stood up, dagger in hand, and walked forward, intending to reach Jiyong’s place.

On her way she saw James, struggling with a man, he was pinned to the wall, holding on to the man’s arm that had a gun. Without another thought, Chaerin ran towards them. When she got closer, she jumped, her dagger firm on her hand as she landed on the man’s back, slicing his throat open. The man, still alive, fell on the floor, gurgling. James let out a sigh and smiled at her, his blue eyes dark from hatred.

“Always the messy .” James said and Chaerin smirked. He nodded and went running towards another person, shooting his way through. Chaerin shook her head and looked towards Jiyong, in there, she saw Woochoong fighting with him. Her heart stopped, her reasoning stopped and her legs started functioning on her own.

She was looking at them through what she though was a dark window. It was all blurry, her heart beating fast as she ran, though everything seemed to turn into slow motion, and she screamed as she felt herself being dragged. She quickly turned and saw someone grabbing her hair. She jumped, and kicked his neck, breaking it. As she was done, she continued running. She saw Woochoong punching Jonghyun, until he fell through the stairs. She shook her head, running faster through the crowd of fighting figures.

She was getting nearer, finally reaching Jonghyun’s unconscious body. She wanted to stop and check up on him, but Jiyong’s body being lifted from the floor was making her anxious. She stopped, panting heavily as she checked Jonghyun’s pulse. It was beating, thankfully. She looked up, and her heart stopped beating at all. She saw how Woochoong stabbed Jiyong through his stomach, scarlet lines of blood oozing from it. She shook her head and stood up, running through the stairs.

“Jiyong!” She screamed at the top of her lungs. It was like nightmares, running as fast as you could yet not moving any inch. When she finally reached the top, she saw their bodies falling on the floor. She grabbed her hair and threw herself besides Jiyong’s shaking body.

“Jiyong, oh my God no!” She screamed as she held his body. He was smiling, his face badly injured, his mouth bleeding, his eyes swollen, his hair stained with blood. She held him tight as she felt him shaking. “Please don’t do this to me!” She screamed. He looked at her, his eyes watery as blood continued oozing from his mouth.

She held the dagger from his stomach and pulled it out, Jiyong panting heavily as she did. He looked at her, a shaking hand forcefully searching its way to her face. She grabbed it and cried as he put of near her cheek.

“We did it.” He said with shaky voice as his eyes slowly closed. Chaerin screamed again and again, but his eyes wouldn’t open, his body wouldn’t move. They had done it, but how high was the cost of their victory? The price they had to pay was greater than the freedom they would share.

 


Gily's Notes: DON'T LOSE YA !

This isn't over... yet... so stay tuned!  ;)

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥