Family's Heritage

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

The resemblance of the woman that stood in front of him caught him by surprise. He almost shocked on his own saliva as he looked at her. How much had he dreamed to stand so close to her, yet always thinking it was impossible, now, after all those years, he had the opportunity, but on such circumstances, it was as if life was kicking him again on his guts.

“Dami.” It was all he managed to say to her. She smirked at him, a devilish smirk that reminded him so much of his own self. They were like twins, but she had the grace of their mother, while he had the agility of their father.

“How long has it been? 13 years? Such a pain…” She murmured. Jiyong had to strain his ears to listen to her. Her voice was as melodic as he had always remembered, now with a tone more like their mother. She was beautiful, she was the image of their mother; of everything he had loved and lost. She was the sister he had thought dead, and now, having her in front of him, revolved his self with a mixture of feelings he had never felt before.

“Yes, it has been a lot.” Jiyong said, trying with all his might to control his inner urges of hugging her, of embracing her to no end. She was the threat. Dami smirked again, her hand dangerously close to her belt. Jiyong noticed her movements, as swift and smooth as his own. He gulped, his hand moving rapidly on his side, he was unarmed, and if that wasn’t enough, they were on a public place, and the innocent fans where crowding the place, oblivious of their surroundings.

“You know why I came here, don’t you?” She said. Jiyong slightly nodded, his gaze slightly moving to his surroundings, Youngbae was nowhere to be found.

“Interesting though, choosing such a place to do your deed.” Jiyong said. Dami smirked again, this time, she fished a shining object from her belt.

“You’re quite elusive, young brother. It’s hard to keep you on the same place long enough to kill you.” She said, her eyes turning dark. Jiyong noticed it was a dagger what she took out of her belt, the Kwon’s family dagger.

“You have that?” Jiyong said, remembering too well it was their father’s.

“Wasn’t it such a stupid tradition, handing down the family’s treasure only to the males, when females are visible better?” She said, now slowly approaching him. He gulped down another gush of saliva, trying to find something good enough for him to defend himself.

Don’t be such a weak fool, everything can be a weapon! You just need to learn to control your body, then, even your fingers can turn into a deadly weapon.

“Indeed, it was. But as you can see, you can’t pass down the name, only males can do that. But the question prevails, is this some kind of rebellion against your family because of some machismo? Or is it something else?” He said, but she didn’t answered, she just launched herself towards him. He tried to dodge her, the dagger cutting on his shoulder as he did. Dami stumbled with a lady next to them, the dagger cutting deeply on her skin. She screamed in pain and her eyes widened as she saw the shining dagger on Dami’s hand and quickly tried to run away. Dami hissed and quickly turned towards Jiyong, who was frantically trying to find something to protect himself with.

You’ve become a disgrace to your own father, so weak and fragile, it’s repulsive!

“Come on! Fight!” Dami screamed as she launched towards Jiyong again, dagger pointing at his chest. He ducked it and punched her stomach, making her fall a few feet away from him. People started running out of the place, allowing them to fight in more freedom. Jiyong had completely forgotten he was G-Dragon, now his mind was focused on the fight that was in front of him, concentrating on the adrenaline running through his veins and the strength he was feeling on his hands, slightly shaking from it.

Dami stood from the floor, shaking a bit, but her gaze was still strong, fixed on Jiyong. He smirked as she launched herself towards him. He was going to attack too, but someone had dropped something, and he stumbled on it, making him lose balance. When Dami got towards him, her body weight made him fall on the floor, giving her an advantage. She smirked as she put the dagger close to his neck. Jiyong grabbed her wrist and tried with all his might to disarm her. She had her legs around his waist, pressing so hard it made it almost impossible for him to move. His right arm was stuck on something on the floor, making it harder for him to resist her attack. The dagger slightly graced his skin, and he closed his eyes, he didn’t wanted to hurt her at all, so he better just let her finish her deed right there and then. He was, after all, well aware that someday, his two worlds would finally collide, and his life would have to suffer the mistake he had made.

It all happened like the blink of an eye, the adrenaline on his veins made the world turn slowly, the noises were clear on his head, the fast beating of Dami’s heart was like a hummingbird singing next to him, the taste of blood on his mouth made him smirk in satisfaction as his body reacted to the adrenaline on his veins. He had changed his mind, he wouldn’t let himself die on his own ground, he deserved better. As he pressed harder Dami’s wrist, pushing it away from his neck, he felt his body lighter. He opened his eyes, the confusion on him made him look to the side as he sat up. In there, he noticed Chaerin on top of Dami, punching her countless time on her face. Her back was facing Jiyong, but he could clearly see the blood on her knuckles, the splatter on her clothes, and there had never been a more frightening scene in front of him.

The people on the place where going crazy, girls screaming, crying and dancing as they listened to the performer on stage. Chaerin didn’t had any idea who they were, but she did had to admit they were good looking, and their music was intriguing. She was walking quietly through the crowd when she started to hear a commotion nearby. She turned around, and James stood in front of her, his blue eyes boring into hers. The screams nearby made her stomach turn a hundred times. Chaerin looked around as the screaming girls ran towards the exit. It wasn’t a normal behavior of them.

“What happened?” Chaerin asked James, whose face was completely serious as he looked forwards. His height was a lot of help at the moment, since Chaerin was too short to see over the head of the running fans. She started to get annoyed when people pushed her as they ran.

“Come.” James said and started to push past people, running forward. She ran after him, pushing her way until she reached a circle made of screaming people. As she got deeper, she noticed Jiyong’s figure on the floor. She felt like screaming his name while shooting everyone in place but the only thing she could humanly do was to keep pushing her way through the crowd. Once she finally reach the slight clearing, she saw the laughing figure of Kwon Dami on top of Jiyong, a knife close to his neck. Chaerin lost it, every human thought of controlling herself was lost the moment she saw the thin scarlet line on Jiyong’s neck. Without thinking it twice, she jumped on top of her, grabbing her neck and throwing her on the floor, rolling after her until she was on top of her. Dami flinched as Chaerin put her elbow on her chest and grabbed the dagger from her hands, throwing it aside. She felt the hatred run through her veins, and she couldn’t stop herself, she found her fist landing on her face countless times, blood oozing out of newly wounds on Dami’s face.

“Chaerin!” She heard, but the rage was so much she couldn’t quite hear, it was all so distant, the only thing real was the blood that emanate from Dami’s face and the frenzy she was feeling. “Chaerin stop!” she heard again, and now, a pair of arms on her underarm pulled her away. She fought over the person pulling her away, until she finally was able to inhale, and the familiar aroma of mints and cigarette woke her from her fighting trance. She blinked as she noticed James forcefully grabbing Dami, standing her up. The screams had faded but nothing had finished, security guards were on their way towards them. She felt Jiyong tensing up, and so did James.

“We have to go.” James murmured. Just then, at the very far end of the stage, Chaerin noticed Youngbae, his head held to the back, a knife glistening on his throat. Chaerin shrieked and Jiyong quickly looked towards where she was pointing. Jiyong let go of her and pushed her to the back. James grunted, and when Chaerin looked, Dami was running away through the crowd.

“!” Jiyong screamed as he started to run after her. James followed, but Chaerin just stayed, rooted in place as she saw Youngbae’s figure retreating through a door. She shook her head and made a run for it, hoping to reach him.

She ran and ran as much as she could, her stamina was good but the people made it almost impossible to be fast. They were in panic, security guards trying to maintain order while all the people started to stampede towards the doors, blocking Chaerin’s eye contact with Youngbae. She cursed out loud as she stopped, her mind working fast as she looked around. Close to the door where Youngbae had disappeared, she saw Jonghyun walking fast, gun in hand, looking straight towards the door. She let out a sigh of relieve and started to run towards him, her dagger held firmly on her hand as she did.

“Jonghyun!” She screamed, and Jonghyun turned around hastily towards her. He scowled at her and continued running towards the door. All kinds of thoughts came into mind, what if he was running away? What if he was part of that plan? What if he betrayed them all? She didn’t stopped to think as she launched herself towards the door. The door opened forcefully, throwing a few people on the door. Chaerin didn’t stopped to apologize or to even check if anyone was alright, she continued running until she finally saw Youngbae and the person behind him, Lee Kikwang. Not far from them, she saw Jonghyun pointing his gun towards them. For a moment she froze, then she realized Jonghyun was pointing at Kikwang. She breathe in again and ran towards Jonghyun and stood behind him.

“Let go of him.” She heard Jonghyun hissing. Kikwang only laughed, and moments later, Dami was at his side. They weren’t afraid of the people looking at them, but neither was Chaerin, who had forgotten she was completely exposed to them. She felt two figures at her side, Jiyong and James, and smiled inwardly, thanking God they were alright. She saw by the corner of her eye how Jiyong pointed a gun at Kikwang, his hand steady, his veins popping, his face stern and dangerous. Her heart stopped as she heard the screams and gasps of the fans around them.

“Go on, little brother. Shoot, let’s see how good you are.” Dami hissed. Jiyong growled inwardly as his hand started to shake. Chaerin almost slapped him as he did, but before anyone could run, Jonghyun had shoot. Chaerin quickly looked to the front, Youngbae was on the floor and Kikwang was crouched, his right hand on his left elbow. Youngbae quickly dragged himself towards them and Dami grabbed Kikwang, quickly running into a car that had halted to a stop behind them.

“!” Jiyong yelled as the car’s wheel screeched, running away into the night. They had lost them, and barely made it alive as they did. Chaerin kneeled next to Youngbae, who was panting, his neck was bleeding a bit, but nothing to worry about.

“I’m so sorry, I was too slow.” Youngbae apologize. Jiyong grabbed him by his underarm and stood him up.

“Don’t worry, let’s go now.” Jiyong said dragging him into his car that was parked not far from where they were. The fans were screaming, a few crying but to Chaerin’s relieve, none of them had any phones out. Jiyong quickly sat Youngbae on the passenger’s, looking around, his face still a serious one. He gestured Chaerin to get in, and she did without any words. Jonghyun sat in the back seat to the left and Chaerin sat in the middle, leaving Jiyong on her right. Finally James got in and started the engine. As James drove, Chaerin found a moment to escape towards her own little world. Images of what had happened appeared in front of her eyes as she again and again reviewed every little detail, trying to find an answer to that night’s events.

“Now we’re back to zero.” Jonghyun said. Chaerin saw how Jiyong’s hand tremble again on her mind, and then she saw how he didn’t fought her while he was on the floor. It ticked her mind the way he looked at her, with such devotion, love and even sorrow. She looked at Jiyong now, he had his chin resting on his hand as he looked outside the window; his face furrowed, his eyes narrow.

“Jiyong…” Chaerin started saying. He looked at her, his face perplexed, as if he was deep in thought. She had seen that expression before, the expression of a vulnerable man, holding on to the edge of a cliff, holding on for dear life. She couldn’t feel guiltier now, imagining how it could feel like, having to lose everything over again.

“What?” He murmured, his voice low and husky.

“Your hand trembled…” She pointed out. He nodded and looked back at the window. “Why?”

“I don’t know…” He confessed. Chaerin felt the burning sensation of tears on the rim of her eyes, and she made an inhuman effort to keep them from falling. “I don’t know why… I couldn’t do anything to her…”

“Jiyong…”

“I’m like my father… Weak… but who wouldn’t? She’s my sister for God’s sake…” Jiyong’s voice broke as he talked and his eyes glistened. No one dared to speak a word, but Chaerin pushed it, trying to ease his pain.

“Jiyong… don’t blame yourself again…”

“I’m losing everything again… does it has an end?!” He said, his voice turning desperate as tears started to fall from his eyes. Chaerin bit her lips as he started sobbing, his hand hiding his eyes, but she could easily see fresh tears falling through his cheeks. “I didn’t chose this, I didn’t choose any of this. I’ve tried my best… I’ve always worked so hard… and look at me now!”

“Stop… please…” Chaerin said, her hands tightly clutched together, afraid to touch him.

“Look at me now… what do I have?” He sobbed. Chaerin bit her inner cheeks as she saw him, completely broken in front of her. She had done a great damage on him, and now, when she thought he had recovered, he broke again, but now the wound that she thought was sealed, had opened yet once more, and the bleeding wouldn’t stop. Even if she tried to sew him up, the wound would still bleed, it would look distorted and after many tries, it would still open. She hadn’t felt so useless, so weak before, but now, it was evident how useless she was. She had wanted to tell him that she was there, but what difference would it make? He was right once, she had no right to claim something when she had left once, what would make him trust her once more?

There was nothing in the world that she had wanted more than to clean those tears, to hug that body that was trembling as it sobbed, to caress that flushed and swollen face, to kiss those parted lips that were wallowing in silence. But she didn’t felt worthy of that, she didn’t felt enough for him, she didn’t felt as if she was allowed to do so, to join on his pain when she had once gave him pain, and he was still recovering from it. And once again, she felt like a total stranger for him, like someone he could easily demise by just looking at her, and she had never felt more hollow and empty before.

 


Gily's Notes: Since Chapter 28 was so short, I decided I should give out this one... 

I'm not so sure about it... I feel there's something missing... Anyways, next chapter will be up -hopefully- tomorrow. I'm still working on it, so let's see how it goes xD 

So, to sum it up, we found Dami, we "know" that she's with Woochoong and apparently she wants to kill Jiyong... but oh why would she want to do that? The incognito remains... and we will find out... in future chapters buahahaha!!!

Not much Skydragon here... I'm honestly sorry about that, but remember Collide and all the mysteries it had, well, Collision its not so different, is it? Haha!

Love you all dearly! Drop your ideas or what you think its going to happen or what you have noticed its happening on the comments box below! (Yeah, there are so many little details on every chapter that if you miss, you'll probably be confused in the future...)

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥