Seoul Night

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

“Falling into ruin was a bit like falling in love: Both descents stripped you bare and left you as you were at your core. And both endings are equally painful.”

― J.R. Ward, Lover Unbound

Chaerin looked at Jonghyun without emotions as his father told him his plan. To her own surprised, she saw that Jonghyun made no face, no emotions as the information sank in.

“Future bride?” Jonghyun said, his voice firm and tensed. Woochoong nodded as he took another sip of his glass of wine.

“You need to settle in, you need to give me a grandchild. I can’t think of any better bride than Chaerin. She’s perfect.” Woochoong said as he eyed her from head to toe. “Gorgeous, smart, obedient and strong.”

“You told me there was no need for me to marry someone of your own liking.” Jonghyun refuted, and for a moment, Chaerin noticed a slight tremble on Woochoong’s lip.

“I’ve changed my mind.”

“And I’ve changed mine. I’m not marrying her.” Jonghyun said as he crossed his arms.

“Look at her, my son. I thought you were a ladies man, why would you refuse such a jewel, just for you?” Woochoong said and Chaerin felt her insides turn in rage as he heard how he referred to her. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t heard that before, but something about being considered someone else’s property bothered her. She wanted to always be considered Jiyong’s woman, to be by his side, to have no one else to look at her but him.

“That’s where we differ. I see them as woman, not as jewels. I see them as people with interest, not as pawns.” Jonghyun said as he made a turn towards the door. Woochoong looked at Chaerin and smiled.

“Son, Jonghyun, just give it a chance. You’re still marrying her, like it or not.” Woochoong said with a dark grin.

“We’ll see about that.” Jonghyun finally said and left. Chaerin looked at Woochoong who was still staring at the door, and smirked. It was the very first time she had seen him like that, his face marked the epiphany of hatred, of anger and disappointment, and she liked that.

A man stood next to Woochoong, handing him a glass of water. “Sir, give him time, he’ll come around.”

“It’s not that what I’m worried about.” Woochoong said, now he turned towards Chaerin and smiled.

“Chaerin, you can also leave. I believe you have an assignment to fulfill.” Woochoong said, and as he ended his sentence, one of the suited man handed her an enveloped and led her to the door. She walked without looking back, her eyes stern as the man closed the door behind her. She quickly left the restaurant and stopped on the corner of the street, slowly opening the envelope to see her next assignment.

Nightclub M2, 8pm.
Park Geun-Hye

It was all the note had written on it. She frowned and looked forward, already calling a taxi. As the taxi pulled to a stop, she burnt the note and let if fall on the sewer. She moved her hips sensually as she got into the cab. The man eyed her from head to toe and smirked. She moved her hand dismissively and told him the directions back to her apartment. The man nodded and drove quickly. As the man pulled to a stop in front of her building, she quickly gave him money and got out of the car, walking hurriedly into the building.

She quickly reached her apartment and entered, her hands trembling a bit as she closed the door. Her apartment was huge, empty, and the coldness of it send chills throughout her. She hated feeling alone, more than anything, but she had grown used to it, even grown to love it, to enjoy it. She threw herself on her bed, the black curtains covering the windows, giving a perfect darkness to the room. She let out a long sigh as she closed her eyes, hoping for Morpheus to take her on his arms and throw her into Dreamland.

And he did. She was slowly succumbing to unconsciousness. Her mind traveling to a remote place. Under her bare feet there was grass, as green as a painting on a museum. Her surroundings were filled with trees. She was walking into a clearing, the place, again, so familiar to her, yet so unknown and remote. She walked to the center of it, and the rustle sound of leaves sharpened her senses. She felt as if her hearing got a 100 times better, her eyesight as well. She crouched instinctively as the sound grew louder. She turned around, and as if it was put on slow motion, she saw a man launching himself towards her. She quickly jumped to the side, landing on her feet as the man fell on the spot where she had just been. She quickly jumped on his back and grabbed his neck, holding him in place.

“C-Chaerin…” She heard him choke, and his voice frightened her, and she let go, afraid she had injured him in any way. She saw him standing up, his blonde hair shining with the rays of the sun. For a moment, she thought she was looking at an angel, his clothes turned white. The tattoos were visible under his white buttoned shirt. His bare foot seemed to be floating on the grass as he approached her. She took a deep breath as he put a hand on her cheek, and a tear fell from her eyes. He cleaned it up with his thumb and grabbed her other cheek with his other hand. “Don’t cry, my love.” He murmured as he slowly put his forehead over hers.

“How can I not when you’re so far away from me.” She sobbed and he shook his head, slightly pecking her lips. His lips were warm against hers, comforting, protecting, feelings she so desperately needed right now. She wanted to feel him close, to feel him so close they would merge together. She put her hands on her waist, but they fell as soon as she put them on there, as if he was transparent.

Once again, he was just an illusion of her mind, once again, he would disappear in thin air, and once again, she would be all alone, lost and confused. She opened her eyes, the room was dark already, the lights of Seoul night were illuminating the room through the gaps of the curtains. Without moving, Chaerin fished for her phone. The led light was blinking non-stop a magenta color. She unlocked the screen and slid down the notifications bar. She had one text message from Taemin.

 

‘We’ll be at M2 tonight, we’ll wait for you there’

She shook her head and stood up. It was already 7pm, and the night was just starting. She quickly fixed herself and left her apartment, still having the sensation of loneliness within her.

As the night finally set on Seoul, Chaerin walked into the M2 club filled with people dancing crazily, the alcohol already making effect on them as their heads moved to the beat of the music. In there, she walked quickly through the crowd. She was looking around as she walked, trying to spot one of the guys that were supposed to be meeting her here. It was obvious she couldn’t get near the president in such a place, and by now, it was most probably that she had already left.

The people grinded on her as she made way, walking through them as she tried to find anyone at all. And she did, she turned around and looked at the far end of the dance floor, where Jonghyun and Taemin were, both dancing as they looked around, merging with the crowd. She tried to approach, and as she looked to the front, Jonghyun made eye contact with her. She nodded quietly as he walked towards her. She had already slowed down her pace as he came closer. Finally, he stopped in front of her, and she her front teeth, her hair already sticking to her skin as the crowded place avoided the A/C to function properly.

“Hello.” Jonghyun said on her ear. She rolled her eyes and moved her head closer to his.

“What was that all about?” She said and Jonghyun smirked, slowly putting his hands on her waist as they both started to dance. “You knew about that arrangement already?”

“Yes and no.”

“Explain yourself before I kill you.” Chaerin hissed.

“I knew he wanted me to get married. I never thought it was going to be with you.” He simply told her, now, since the music beat got slower, they were grinding against each other. Chaerin tried to control her urges, the feeling of his toned body next to her wasn’t making it easy for her, and she cursed a hundred of times her weakness for hot guys.

“It’s not going to happen.” She said and Jonghyun nodded.

“Once he’s dead, there will be no need to do as he wishes.” Jonghyun murmured. “One more thing, I think he’s here.”

“Woochoong?” Chaerin said, and Jonghyun nodded. She quickly pulled away. Jonghyun frowned as she did, his sweaty face glistening in the lights of the night club. His silvery blonde hair sticking to his forehead and neck. His white shirt wet with sweat, marking his muscles under it. Chaerin took a deep breath and avoided looking down, lower to his white pants and the natural bulge she noticed there. She shook her head and turned around, walking away from Jonghyun. He quickly grabbed her arm and turned her around. She rolled her eyes and glared at him. “What?” she hissed as he slowly let her go.

“We need to talk.” He murmured and she shook her head.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” She murmured back and took a step back, one Jonghyun took too, getting closer to her.

“Well, let’s not talk.” He murmured in such a low and husky voice she felt chills through her spine.

“Then let me go.”

“I have to apologize.” He murmured, and Chaerin looked at him with a confused expression.

“For what?” She said, and in that moment, he put his hand on her waist, the other on her neck and pulled her closer. She was going to push him away, but his lips crashing on her made froze her, the music stopped and all she could hear was the sound of waves, the beating of her heart. It gave her an adrenaline rush, and the urge to punch him was growing harder by the minute. She closed her eyes, trying to control her sudden desire and feed the urge of killing, of murder, of blood and joy.

It took her a lot of self-determination to pull away. The feeling of loneliness was the one reign on her body for a long time, and his lips, soft and tender, were filling the emptiness within her, even if it was from someone who she didn’t loved, nor felt anything at all. It wouldn’t be the first time she would use a random guy to fulfill her desires, a one night stand, it was too familiar to her. She pulled away slowly, her eyes looking straight at his. His eyes were narrowed, filled with lust and desire. She tried to hold herself together, but as she did, she felt a hand pulling her away, and the next thing she saw was a punch landing on Jonghyun’s face, throwing him on the floor. She gasped as she turned around, and her eyes suddenly widened at the person who was standing next to her, fuming, his fist balled into fist as his face, uncovered and exposed, glared at Jonghyun, who was slowly standing up while cleaning the blood that dripped from his mouth and lip.

She saw the man launch again at Jonghyun, but this time, she stopped him, her thin hands holding on his chest, his toned chest, and the nerves on her hands remembered the skin, the flesh and the scent, and the aroma of him filled her, and once again, she felt complete as she felt empty.

“Jiyong...”