Preparing for Kohaku

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

During one of the breaks between our numerous dancing rehearsals Nino came to me and with serious face told me:

“You need a boyfriend.”

I turned to him slowly, trying to process this information: “What did you just say?” I looked at him with disbelief.

“How far are you with Sho-kun?” he sat to the mirror wall.

“How far?!” I was repeating.

“Don’t make that face. He’s much calmer for the last month.” He mumbled.

“Well, so there has to be some other woman because from that Tokyo Bay accident nothing happened,” I sat next to him. “Anyway, why are you so concerned about me?”

“I mean…it’s against the nature for such a young woman to be alone…” he started to explain.

“You sound like you want to date me…” I giggled.

“God, no! I know you too well for that. It wouldn’t work.” He flinched. “But…wait a minute. When you think of it…”

“Oh no, do whatever you want but don’t think, ok?” I begged him.

“What are you two up to?” Sho-kun and Aiba-chan approached us.

“Nothing special. Nino just wants me and Sho-chan to date.” I smirked.

“And what’s the problem? Real MadySho is awesome!” Aiba looked excited.

“You’re not my mum so don’t tell me who I should date.”  I pointed my finger at him.

“That right, Aiba-kun, you’re not her mum,” Nino nodded.

“Neither you are,” I poked him.

Nino laughed and stood up to stretch his arms.

“Are? Koharu-chan?” he waved to the window facing the corridor.

“Yeah, Koharu-chan, what is she doing here?” I looked at the watch.

“Oh…look down…” Aiba-chan looked to Koharu’s leg.

We saw a bandage attached to her ankle. “What the…?” Sho-chan behind me whispered.

Before we could ask her what happened, she walked away as quick as she could. The silence between us lasted a few minutes.

“Something tells me that’s not the best thing that could happen now….” Matsujun appeared next to us.

“What are we going to do?” Oh-chan asked suddenly.

“About our performance or about Koharu’s ankle? If you mean the second option, I don’t really think there’s something we can do.” Nino spoke up.

“So we should return to our own rehearsals.” Matsujun clapped his hands.

 

“Cut! That’s it for today!” the director shouted.

I looked at Mizushima Hiro who was peeking over my shoulder as I was supposed to be typing something to the laptop.

“Have you got your tickets for Kohaku?” I asked him.

“Sure thing!” he stretched his back. “My wife is really excited about it.”

“Is Ayaka-san going to participate?” I couldn’t remember her name on the list of participating artists. What’s more, I knew she was on hiatus due to her health.

Hiro just shook his head. “She’s not. She just looks forward to it. I think she really miss her work. But fortunately she’s getting better and better. Well…we both know she never gets completely good but her condition is improving.” He smiled.

“I’m really glad to hear that. I like her work.” I handed for my cell phone that started to vibrate with incoming message. “Excuse me…” I opened my mail.

“Get to the base as soon as possible. New instruction arrived.” Nino just wanted to play cool with that message He just wanted to remembered me about stopping at the Arashi’s lounge. I was heading there anyway.

“One more thing…” Hiro spoke up before turning to his dressing room. “Ayaka-chan is preparing comeback next year.”

“What? That’s amazing!” I jumped a little.

“I’m not sure…still; I’m worried about her a little. But that’s not it. She wants to meet you. So I should ask you about giving her your number.” He explained.

“Of…of course. No problem…” I stutter as things started to come to me.

“Okay, thanks Mady-san. See you tomorrow.” He closed the door behind him.

Was it just me or things started to go a little crazy?

 

As I was trying to put the facts about Ayaka-san and her comeback together, I made my way through the studio and forgot about my usual route. And that was when I met him after a long time again.

“Mady-chan?” I heard my name from a familiar voice.

“Kamenashi-san…” I smiled nervously. When I saw his face expression I changed the way I called him to “Yo…Kame…”

He was dressed like Bem and he probably also finished his shooting for today

“Otsukaresama.,” I tried to break the silence.

He nodded. “What are you doing here?”

What? What does he think? “Eh…I’m shooting a drama here, you know. It’s called “PC”. The first episode was aired this Monday.”

“Are you really playing there? I just glanced over it so I haven’t seen you…” he mumbled.

“That wasn’t nice of you…” I pointed out.

He laughed. “Sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. If you wait a minute we can go for a coffee together.”

“Okay.” I nodded. It was over a half a year since we talk, so why not?

 

The actors lounge was unexpectedly full at this late hour. Everyone was obviously working in the evening and in the night - concentrating on practising and promotion things in the daytime.

As soon as I and Kame entered I was pierced by Yamapi’s eyes. As we were passing him I made a face that warned him before commenting my company.

“So what’s new? I haven’t heard about you for a while.” Kame sat in front of me.

I didn’t know how I should answer. I didn’t want to act big but was he serious? Even though I was not talking to him he could definitely “hear about me” because Arashi were almost everywhere since July.

“Well…things have changed. I released a single and album with Arashi. And my own single in June…” I wanted to get him know that I’m actually working as much as him.

“Ah…Arashi….” He mumbled. “Maru bought that single of yours…he was quite obsessed with it for a while…” he took a sip of coffee.

It was no surprise for me. Nakamaru-kun was always a big supporter.

“Do you know something about Jin-kun and Meisa Kuroki?” he asked suddenly.

“No…I don’t.” I gulped.

“I’ve heard strange rumours…” he mumbled again.

Of course I knew about Jin and Kurokitti but Kame was certainly not the one who should know something like that from somebody like me.

 

“Do you know what time it is?” Matsjun snapped at me when I appeared at Arashi’s lounge.

“Yes, dad, I have my watch with me.” I made a grimace.

“You were seen with Kamenashi Kazuya…” Ohno-san said with dark tone in his voice.

“Did you see us?” I was pretty surprised.

“Yamapi messaged Nino.” Aiba-chan crossed his arms on his chest.

“Wait a minute…is it so big deal that we went for a coffee?” I started to be confused so I sat down.

“Well…it’s not. But we thought that guy hurt you,” Sho-kun sat next to me.

I nodded slowly and began to think for a while. “You know. I would love to say that it was a real pleasure to talk to him after so long time…” I made a pause and put my head on Sho’s shoulder. “…but the fact is I’m more disgusted than you are.” I finished my sentence.

Arashi seemed to be glad to hear that.

“Really?” Nino smiled at me. “I mean…we’re sorry to hear that, right minna?”

Everyone nodded extremely quickly.

“…but on the other hand we’re pretty happy about it.” Aiba-kun added.

“Why are you disgusted?” Sho-kun looked down at me.

“I’m not sure,” I shrugged. “Maybe it’s because the way he thinks about me. He thinks I’m nobody. The truth is I’m not a person who wants to be famous no matter what but I thought I worked really hard for the last six months. All of us did. And I think that my work, that is a part of Arashi’s work now, could be appreciated a little. I thought he understands thing like that.”

“And what did he say?” Matsujun asked first.

“He still kept asking questions like what I’m doing there in the studio, if it’s really true I play in PC because he hasn’t seen me on Monday….” I sighed.

“Kame is not a bad guy….” Oh-chan spoke up. “But he with women, doesn’t he?”

Oh-chan’s words surprised us and made us laugh for a while.

“Anyway, did you want something from me?” I sat straight again.

“Do you know about Matsujun’s Lucky Seven?” Nino was making sure.

I nodded.

“We’re supposed to make a main theme. So we thought about releasing a new single for that occasion.” Aiba explained.

“Sho-kun and I are done with piano version of the main melody. What about your lyrics?” Nino grinned at me.

“Lyrics? I’m not sure I can write something right now.” I tilted my head to the side.

“But you’ve already written something, haven’t you?” Oh-chan was really energetic that evening.

As I couldn’t remember, Sho-chan started to recite to my ear: “Ichidokiro no Jinsei, korogaru you ni, Waratte naite ikite yukou ze baby…”

“Ah, that one! Do you like it?” I smiled.

“You bet! It fits to the drama perfectly,” Matsujun nodded.

“Ah…sou desu ka….Okay, it’s settled. I'll make the final adjustments tomorrow.” I bowed my head to them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well some randoms moments from the preparing time. Enjoy =)

Don't forget about my and arashigirl2013's crossover. You can find her story under that link 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/135925/subarashiki-sekai-apply-arashi-heysayjump-jpop-kattun-news-johnny