The Storm is coming

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

Without any further explanation I’ve stopped cooperate with KAT-TUN. Billboards with “KAT-TUN and Mady Troy” headings disappeared from the streets. It was June and I didn’t have any work, except recording my new single God Knows. Anyway, it was done during one week and then I was free. I started to worry about my career. The true is I didn’t want to become an actress and singer but now I was looking at it from a different point of view. I loved that work, it helped me relax. I was surprised when I heard how many copies of my new single was sold and how high ratings for my last drama are. I’ve realised that my fan base was growing and it felt really good when I was thinking about joy I’m bringing to them.

I also started to appear on tabloid magazines. Even though there’s nothing good about it, it still means that you’re finally worth writing about. So there were rumours about me and Ikuta Toma. According to Bubka magazine we were dating for a long time. True is that we’ve went together for dinner or we went to the cinema, but just as friends. Maybe there was a time I thought I might like him but these thoughts vanished when he was seen with Yoaka Yuriko. It surprised me a lot, I must say and for some reason I wasn’t able to talk to him for a while. Unfortunately I couldn’t say that I have to work instead of going somewhere with him. At that time I didn’t have anything to work on.

In the middle of June, Akanishi-san returned to Japan for a while. He wanted to see his family and friends. We’ve met at the jimusho and after our conversation he had a big argument with Kamenashi-san. This finally makes my decision of not returning to KAT-TUN. I almost felt like I destroyed them. I was staying at home all day long and trying to figure out what’s happening around.

 

One day in the end of June I was preparing something for breakfast with my manager’s wife, when my mobile phone rang. It was Matsumoto Jun.

“Ohayo Matsujun…” I picked up.

“Yo, Mady-chan, are you free today?” he sounded energetic even in the morning.

“Today? I think I am. Actually I was free for the whole last week so this week shouldn’t be an exception…” I said sarcastically. I wasn’t in a good mood.

“Good, could you come to JStorm studio in K2?” he ignored me mentioning my lack of work.

“JStorm?! What should I be doing there?” I turned to my manager who came to me, when he heard about JStorm.

“Just come, okay? We will meet you at 10 o’clock.” He hung up.

I was starring at my phone. Then I flinched. “10 o’clock?! There’s just one hour left! That idiot!” I rushed to my room to dress up.

“I’ll give you a ride…” Tanaka-san told me. “I’m very curious about it. I’m still your manager…” he mumbled to himself.

 

“I should have known that when Matsujun said “we” he meant you…” I was looking to the faces of Arashi members.

“We’re not used to people frowning at us…” Aiba-kun said pointing at my face.

“Sorry…” I tried to look normally. “So, what’s the matter?”

“We’d like to discuss that Mada Minnu Sekai e with you.” Ohno-san spoke up.

“We’ve transformed it a little and need to know if it’s okay.” Nino continued.

“You’re really going to sing that?” I jumped in my seat.

“And I’d like you to read the rap part,” added Sakurai-san ignoring my question.

“Hold on…I…I don’t want to sound rude but…it’s your song now. I gave it to you so you can do whatever you want with it.” I said even though I’d love to work with them.

“Well…maybe we want you to work with us…” Nino rubbed his chin. “On that one.” He added quickly.

Suddenly I felt like being in seventh heaven.

 

“If there’s a problem, speak up, baka.” Nino reminded me for a fourth time this morning.

“Don’t call me baka, you idiot.” I answered him simply. It was a third day of recording with Arashi and I finally figured out how to behave around each of them. And this was the way how I communicated with Nino. First of all he pretended to not hear when I called him Ninomiya-san. Secondly he insulted me a little. I was shocked and scared of him. But one day was enough for understand that this is how he talks and that he expects the same from me.

When I was talking to Sakurai-san, I was feeling like a total fool. Even though he wasn’t the oldest in a group, I admired him the most. Well, that university degree makes him look better than anything.

I sat in the chair in the recording room and I was listening to the Mada Minnu Sekai e for the hundred times. Arashi were trying something behind the glassed wall and I was watching them. It wasn’t even 12am and I was tired. I leaned backwards and closed my eyes. When I opened them, Nino’s upside down face was above me.

“Is there any problem with that damn thing we’re singing over and over again?” he grinned at me.

“Give me a break…” I sat back and put my head in my hands. “Something is weird…I don’t know what…”

“Could we finish sooner today, please? I have some shooting in the evening.” Sakurai-san came to us.

“Are you asking me?” I turned to him with disbelief.

“Hai…” he said a little confused.

I starred at him in silence. Since when have I become their chief? “Of course we can…” I smiled at him.

“We can’t!” Nino barked at me.

“Damare…” I mumbled. “Coffee anyone?” I asked the rest of Arashi through the intercom. Everyone raised their hands.

“Okay…six coffees…”

“Not me, I’m going for a cigarette…” Nino searched his pockets.

“That’s awful…” I added.

“Shut up and lend me a lighter…” he turned to me.

“Eh?!” I was surprised he realised that I started smoking. Nino handed for my bag and started to search through small pockets.

“You’re unbelievable…” I commented it.

But as expected he found it and smiled at me with triumphant face. “You naughty girl…” he pointed at me and left the room.

“I’m surprised he knows that word in English…” I turned to Sakurai-san who was watching us for the whole time.

 

“I was thinking about it…” I started slowly.

“Usou!” Nino jumped in his seat after these words of mine. He was probably shocked by the fact that I was thinking.

“…and I think I know what we will going to do about Mada Minnu….” I ignored him and continued.

“We’re listening…” mumbled Aiba-kun even though he didn’t raise his forehead from the table.

“Sakurap is too long…” I explained. I figured it out the previous day but I didn’t have enough courage for saying it aloud.

“So…cut it…” Sakurai-san took out the folded paper with his rap lyrics written on it.

“No cutting…” I shook my head. “What about dividing it to two parts?”

Aiba-kun raised his head.

I took Sakurai’s pencil and start to write on the white list of paper. “Usually you have the Sakurap between the second chorus and bridge. But what if we divide it here…” I draw a line in Sho’s lyrics. “…and then the first part will go after the first chorus and that second part will be repeated more times and it will also stand as a bridge itself.” I explained.

There was a silent for a while. I was worried that I screwed it up.

“I think it’s good…” Ohno-san spoke up first.

“I can imagine it like that.” Matsujun agreed meanwhile Aiba-kun was just nodding heavily.

“Don’t you mind, Sakurai-san?” I asked quietly.

“I don’t. It’s actually very good idea.” He smiled at me.

I turned to Nino. Of course he was playing on his DS for the whole time.

“Are you listening to us?” I was annoyed.

“Hai. Ii yo…You passed.” He didn’t even raise his eyes.

 

On that day Mada Minnu Sekai e was finished. In the end I was singing too and I have to admit I loved working with them, even though it was really tiresome sometimes.

When we left the K2 studios together, Nino repeated: “You passed.”

“What’s with that?” I didn’t get it.

“Starting tomorrow we’re recording new album. And we need to do that in one week,” Matsujun started to explain something with mysterious voice.

“Mady-chan, you should start to learn the lyrics.” Aiba-kun smiled at me.

“I already sent them to you via email this afternoon…” Sakurai-san was playing with keys.

“Eh?!” I’ve frozen so I ended up a few steps behind them.

“Dance practice for the new PV starts at 5pm.” Ohno-san told me.

“And I didn’t mention to you that it would be nice if you write a solo song for yourself.” Nino added on top of that.

“You’re kidding me….” I was starring at them.

They looked at each other and at the same time the five of them bowed in front of me and said “Yoroshikon onegaishimasu!”

“Hontou desu ka?!” I started to laugh. It looks there’ll be some heavy storm in my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another chapter is out. Now I'm little stucked in Pikanchi Triple but I hope that something is on the way =) Anyway enjoy this one =)

There was mentioned Mady's new single God Knows. I was thinking about this one: