Let’s get started

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

The next day I tried to be early as always. Photo shooting should start at 9am but at 8am I was already sitting in my new dressing room. I was staring at myself to the mirror and thinking about everything what happened to me in a last few days.

Just when I was about to cry the stylist arrived and started a lecture about Linda Arkling’s, my character’s, look. Maybe she was talking to herself because suddenly she turned her back to me. Her English was so-so but I could understand the main points.

My character has blonde straight hair so I didn’t have to do anything special with my current hairstyle. Linda had to have characteristic heavy marked eyes so the stylist applied some eyeliner and she showed me my new wardrobe. It consisted mainly of jeans, black T-shirts and leather jackets. And tons of various accessories as well. I got dressed and right after I finished putting on heavy silver rings and bracelets I was called to the atelier.

 

Did I mention that the first dorama I’ve seen was Hana Yori Dango? It made great impression on me and it’s still one of my favourite’s doramas. One of the reasons for this was Matsumoto Jun, I have to admit. And I’m supposed to meet him right now. World is strange. I was worried that he will be different from the Matsujun I’ve dreamed about. Silly problem in the moment like this.

Daisuke-san waited for the main actors in the atelier. I was on time but not the first one. There were Matsuda Shota and his older brother Ryuhei. They should play members of the rock group, Ryuhei as a guitarist and Shota as a drummer. We briefly introduced ourselves.

“I thought you’re taller…” Ryuhei mumbled.

“Su…summimasen…” I bowed a little. There was nothing better to say. Both of them looked reserved and I became nervous.

“Ohayou gozaimasu!” I recognized the voice that could belong only to Matsumoto Jun. I turned to him. He was followed by Oguri Shun and two other girls who should be another part of cast.

Daisuke-san grabbed me by shoulders and led me in front of Matsujun and Oguri-san. Matsujun smiled at me with this wide smile of his and introduced himself even though he must know it’s not necessary. It was the same with Oguri-san. I felt how my knees started to shiver but somehow I managed to speak with them a little.

Two girls behind them were Takahashi Ai and Erika Toda. They should play my classmates.

Before all the preparations were done I became less nervous. My worries haven’t disappeared completely but I felt better than before. I was just scared of the time when the camera should turn to me.

First photo was for the photo book of the dorama so everybody was in it. I stand in the front of the whole group between Shota-san and Matsujun. The nervousness I expected hasn’t come. Everything vanished and I felt comfortable. It was very strange and I couldn’t understand it.

“Closer you two!” the cameraman yelled at me and Matsumoto-san. Matsujun put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I forgot to breathe.

 

Session lasted the whole day and at the end of it I was almost dead. I was so tired that I couldn’t think of my worries in their full power. Good thing was also that I was able to talk to the others almost normally and during the breaks I got to know them better.

Matsuda Shota has great sense of humour but he doesn’t show it to everyone. He’s gentle and calm. Just like his brother. Ryuhei looks like tough strong guy and people have always made wrong first impression of him. But he doesn’t care about it. He’s very cool and who wants to know him more has a chance to discover his true hidden self.

Takahashi Ai is a member of Morning Musume group. She’s cheerful and very friendly. She offered me a help with singing I needed to practice as well as playing the guitar.

Erika Toda is experienced actress and I was surprised how open and cheeky she is. I think she doesn’t like me but I could be wrong. I just have a feeling she tried to avoid the conversation with me and I was too shy to begin on my own.

My image of Oguri Shun was completely different from the reality. I thought he’s like Hanazawa Rui in Hana Yori Dango. But he’s the exact opposite. He’s loud, funny and tries to make fun from everything and everyone. Honestly I was scared by him. He was so active that I was worried what he will do next and who is going to be another victim of his joke. When he saw the fear in my eyes he just pointed at me and said: “I’ll spare you because you’re cute.” I smiled at him, little embarrassed.

Matsumoto Jun was my “ichiban” and I didn’t know how I would be able to work with him. But thanks to the weird non-nervousness state I was pretty calm around him.

“If they don’t say different you should smile all the time,” he told me at the end of photo shooting. “Smile is the basic and the most beautiful thing human has. You never know who could fall in love with you when you’re smiling. Smile is magic.” He was very nice and tried to help me every time he saw I looked confused. I started to like him more and more. But I had to admit that I saw somebody like older brother in him.

 

On that day my manager drove me home. When I lost all the actors from the sight I almost started to cry. I was horrible! In everything I said or did. But when I was standing next to them I was calm and felt like totally different person. What happened to me and why I’m so nervous right now? And from all these painful thoughts I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

The next chapter will be about shooting the dorama itself and it should be funny =) Comment and don’t be silent readers please. =)