Kohaku Countdown

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

“Let’s do something stupid!” I exclaimed entering the Arashi’s lounge. Five heads turned to me.

“Why?” Nino paused his game.

“Because Kohaku is in five days.” I sighed and threw myself next to MatsuJun.

“And the connection between Kohaku and us doing something stupid is….?” He put his arm around my shoulders.

“I’m nervous…” I almost whispered.

“You’re always nervous, Mady-chan. And for no reason in the end.” Aiba-chan came from behind.

“This time I think I’m going crazy.” I rubbed my forehead.

“Ah, sou ka…isn’t today your day off?” Oh-chan pointed his finger at me.

“You’re probably true about going crazy,” Nino mumbled while playing on his DS again. “You usually stay at home and sleep for the whole day off, don’t you?”

“I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. I can’t do a thing!” I moaned.

“But it’s nothing unusual from you,” Sho-kun was thinking aloud. “It’s normal you can’t sleep nor eat before our performances, right?”

“True, but this time it’s worse. I’m usually like that just one day before performance. But now? It’s five days left! I’m not going to make it if I wouldn’t sleep and eat.” I was broken.

“It’s going to be a big show for sure,” Nino closed his DS. “And it’ll be live streaming…”

“Damn you, Ninomiya Kazunari!” I hissed. “But wait. Why are you here anyway? I thought all of us have day off.” I realised.

“Sou desu ne?” Sho-kun giggled.

“We’re also nervous.” Aiba-chan admitted.

“We’re not Supermen.” MatsuJun added.

“I just think you could get used to this.” I mumbled.

“If you’re serious about this work you can’t get used to this.” Oh-chan explained.

“If you want to do something stupid…” Sho spoke up. “Well… it’s not so stupid but crazy enough….”

“What is it?”

“Let’s stay together for the last five days. We’re not good at dealing with our stress on our own so let’s be together in this lounge for the whole time. Mady-chan lives next door so we can maybe go there as well. Just don’t separate.” Sho finished his thought.

“That’s super crazy….I’m all in.” Nino raised his hand.

“Count me in.” MatsuJun nodded.

“Me too!” Aiba and Ohno spoke at the same time.

“Good idea, Sho-kun.” I smiled at him. I was very glad I don’t have to be alone.

 

“That’s absurd!” Nino shook his head. “How can I know if I’m doing it right?”

We were at the stage rehearsals and we were trying to figure out our performance based on the dance with holograms.

“You have to imagine them.” I tried to calm him down. Since we were together for the last three days, I was feeling better. I was even able to get some sleep. In the end I was looking forward to Kohaku.

“Imagine? Do you know how wild imagination I have?” he smirked at me.

Hanabi in the front row of seats giggled. Most of the participating artists were there for making the last preparations so there were groups seated in the audience all over. Everyone was concentrated on their work and didn’t pay attention to the others. Except for Hanabi – we were looking after each other.

“If you look at it from this angle…” Oh-chan made a few steps in front of us to have a better view. “…you’re really doing it wrong. You have to move your hand more to the left…”

“If I move it to the left I’ll smack Mady-chan.” He objected.

“No, you won’t. Because I’m also moving to the left.” I tried to explain.  “And there’s MatsuJun who…hey, Jun!” I turned around to see him completely ignoring us and chatting with Inoue Mao.

“Matsumoto!” Nino snapped at him. “Stop flirting with our opponent’s leader and come here!”

“That’s true!” Nuria-chan suddenly realised something. “Mady-chan, are you going to perform with Arashi even though you’re one of the leaders of the red team?”

“Well, not exactly…” I moved to them. “As a member of Arashi, I’ll be participating in this opening dance but then I won’t be singing with them. I’m going to sing a solo song as a member of red team. And then all of us will be together during Furusato. But you know there’s going to be all of the participants.” I explained slowly.

“I see…” Koharu-chan nodded after a while.

“Solo song? Which one?” Aiko asked.

“Are you going to make some cover? I love your cover of Seishun Amigo!” Nuria didn’t let me to answer.

“Cover? No, it’s not cool enough for Kohaku…” Kotone poked her.

“I like your covers of Ninomiya-san’s songs,” Sora admitted.

“Calm down.” I laughed. “It’s going to be my song. It’s not a cover. It’s a secret song from limited edition of Meikyuu Love Song.”

“Anyway, it’s super hidden song.” Nino was passing by on purpose.

“I can ask staff to play it as a sound test so you can hear it. It’s called A Little Pain.” I offered them.

“Yeah! Great!” Nuria-chan smiled at me.

 

 

“Could you see that? It’s V6 over there!” I squeezed Aiba-chan’s arm all excited.

“Calm down, Mady-chan, please!” Aiba hissed at me because of sudden pain.

“There are moments when you are nothing else than Johnny’s fan.” Nino sighed. “And that side of yours creeps me out.”

“SMAP just left but she was calm.” MatsuJun pointed out.

“I know SMAP. I work on PC drama with Katori Shingo, remember?” I shrugged.

“The fact you’re working with Shingo doesn’t mean you know them all.” Sho poked me.

“That’s true. I don’t know anyone else except Shingo and Kimura Takuya. And I haven’t talked to the second one. I just saw him in Mr. Brain.” I nodded.

“But you were watching just the third episode because of Kame.” Oh-chan mumbled.

“How did you know that?” I looked at him shocked.

“What a pity for KAT-TUN for not being on Kohaku…” MatsuJun sighed ironically.

“Lucky me for not meeting Kame again,” I corrected him.

 

“…and for Furusato, you’re going to take my singing solo in the first verse,” Sho-chan reminded me.

“Because our Sho-chan is going to play a piano…” Nino giggled.

“Don’t make fun of him. He’s good.” Ohno warned him.

“He’s better than you for sure. In playing a piano…” Nino made a grimace.

“I’m going to cry during Furusato…” I sighed. “It’s very touching. And you know what? Furusato is very similar to our national anthem. The theme is the same. Our anthem’s title can be translated as Where My Home Is.” I tutored them.

“It’s okay to cry but don’t let the false tone out,” MatsuJun frowned.

“There will be so many people during the chorus that I can afford it.” I joked.

“I already see the tabloids. Arashi messed up the Kohaku because of Mady Troy’s false tone.” Nino rolled his eyes up.

“No. I see different title.” I spoke up. “Arashi messed up the Kohaku because of Ninomiya Kazunari’s non ability of dancing with holograms.”

“Stop it. No one will mess it.” Sho-san spoke up. “You’re really stressing me out.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, Kohaku is near. Enjoy this chapter and check out the song I inserted as a Mady's solo.

I'm reminding you that Hanabi come from arashigirl2013's fanfic. =)