It’s not like that, Mom!

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

(Un)fortunately it didn’t take long and my parents were able to communicate with me via Skype. There was a problem with time difference so in order to not wake them up and vice versa we had the exact time for our conversations. It was midnight in Tokyo and in my country was just 4pm. I didn’t mind staying up; I was usually doing something in jimusho. Living in the house next to my work was very comfortable.

“Hi Mom.” I greeted in Czech when my mother’s face appeared on the screen of my laptop.

“Hi dear. So how are you today?” she smiled at me.

“Little tired, I guess…” I yawned.

“Oh, so go to sleep, I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“No, I won’t be here on tomorrow. We’re going to shoot some night scenes for that new movie of mine, you know?” I rubbed my forehead.

“I almost forgot!” she exclaimed suddenly. “Remember that TV channel that aired anime? The same company just started the channel called DramaX and it’s airing only Japanese dramas and some news about actors and singers. They mentioned you.”

This news really woke me up: “Really? What did they say?”

“Something like you’re an icon of Czech fans because you achieved so wonderful things in there.” My mom looked very proud and I was really happy about that. So I’m starting to be popular in my country. That was… unbelievable.

Someone entered Arashi’s dressing room I was in. I turned around. Tired man in perfect suit nodded at me.

“I thought you’ll be here. I’m just going to change.” Sho-san explained.

“I’m sorry. I’ll let you alone.” I wanted to go to my little room next door.

“Daijoubu, I’ll go there.” He grabbed his clothes and shut himself in my little room.

“Sorry mom, it was Sakurai Sho. The member of Arashi, the group I’m in.” I returned to laptop.

“I know, I know. That rapper, right?” my mom never said that she doesn’t like Japanese. She didn’t mind them but she would be happier if she could care about them a little less than now.

“Yes, that rapper, mom, but also that newscaster and university absolvent.” I corrected her. I was actually pretty proud that I could work with someone like Sho.

“You know so many things about him…” she looked at me with suspicion.

“It’s normal. He also knows many things about me. Everyone do. We know almost everything about each other. Arashi is a big family.” Come to think of it, the whole Japanese show-business is a big family.

“And is there someone in that big family you like?” my mom wasn’t conservative but she was actually worried about me in that “men’s world”.

“What do you mean?” I pretended I don’t know what she’s talking about. “I like them all. Especially Arashi.”

My mom sighed: “That TV channel I mentioned airs also Arashi’s programmes. Like VS Arashi and so on…”

“And?”

“You look really good with them. And they behaving very familiar around you…” she frowned a little.

“Oh you mean that part where Nino has his arms locked around my waist?” it didn’t sound so horrible to me.  “Don’t worry. He just has to touch someone all the time. He needs to keep physical contact with people. If it’s not me, then it’s Riida.”

“Who?”

“Satoshi Ohno. Our Leader. By the way, he usually sleeps with his head on my lap.” I .

“He what?”

“C’mon mom, it’s not big deal. It’s actually normal in here. And we’re together almost 24/7. Even though we have separate dress rooms we usually stay in the bigger one together. We work together, we eat together, and sometimes we sleep together when we need a break. The same goes for the other actors when we have difficult shooting. For example, my colleague in the new movie, Yamaa Tomohisa, helps me with learning Japanese these days and …”

“Ok, I got it.” Mom interrupted me. “Any friends between girls?”

“Sort of…but we didn’t really have time to hang out. But with Becky-chan, you know her, we meet a lot. She’s working with Aiba-chan and she’s a good friend of Arashi. And Kuroki Meisa-san…we’re going to make a single together.” I started to be excited as I was naming everything I’m working on. I even didn’t notice that I’m using that Japanese “-chan” and “-san” behind names.

Mom was smiling: “You’re calling them really nice. You have to like them. And you have to be happy.”

I’ve frozen. “Yeah…sort of…”

“What’s wrong? What about that university you’ve got into? Are you looking forward to attending it?”

What kind of stupid question is that? “No, mom, I don’t think so. It’s just another school right? And who would look forward to attending school? Anyway it will cause another problem to me. You know me and my bad habit of seeing problems that actually don’t exist, don’t you?” I sighed.

“Of course. But you’re not thinking about staying an actress and singer I hope.” She frowned again.

No, I really didn’t mean to. “No, don’t worry. I’m not thinking about it. I want to have some different knowledge in the case I start to be boring for Japanese.” I assured her. Then a little cup of coffee ended up in front of me. I lurched a little and looked up to Sho-kun. He winked at me as I thanked him.

“What was that?” my mom was interested.

“Sho has the same “coffee sense” as me. We want coffee in the same time. So we’ve made a rule that when one goes for a coffee, he has to buy for the other one as well. We’re not even asking each other anymore.” I explained.

Mom was observing me. “Honey…think about your colleagues a little. It’s possible that you just don’t know yourself that you actually like someone…”

 

Mom’s last words from the previous day bothered me. I’m usually thinking too much; especially about things I’m not sure about and things I can’t do anything about. And that time came again when I was advised to thing about my colleagues.

“Oi, gaijin tarento!” I heard when I was passing through the lobby in jimusho the next morning.

“Ohayou Toma-kun.” I turned to his usual spot in one of the armchairs. Ikuta Toma was the only one who was calling me like that and I didn’t mind. Wait…could I like him? I was looking carefully at him.

“I have something for you,” he handed me some prospects. “It’s something about Meiji University. I thought you could be nervous about it, so there’s some info.” He smiled at me.

“Oh, you’re really sweet. Thank you!” I squeezed his arm a little. Could it be him? He’s handsome, he’s kind, he’s funny….well…maybe too much funny for me. I’m not sure if it’s good or bad.

“Committing adultery behind my back again…” I felt sudden strong grip around my shoulders. I was sure who’s that “cheeky”.

“I tell you the news. I’m the girl, you know? You can’t use your strength on me,” I shook Yamapi off.

“We’ll see. Don’t forget today. We have the whole night for each other.” He reminded me of evening’s shooting in his own way and walked away.

“Yeah, can’t wait.” I mumbled when thinking. No, it’s not him. He’s just a big-mouth playboy.

“Is he touching you like that often?” Ohno-kun approached me with his bag on one shoulder.

“It’s okay…” I shrugged as we walked towards the lift. When we were standing inside, Ohno-kun leaned to me and fixed collar on my blouse with concentrated look on his face. Is it you, Oh-chan? Probably not. You’re just awesome brother of mine I couldn’t imagine living without.

“Ohayou gozaimasu…” MatsuJun joined us on the second floor.

“Why so early?” I asked him.

“I stopped by the gym. It’s the best way how to start the day full of shooting.” He smiled at me.

“Well…you’re very determined…” I tried to praise him. When we arrived to the third floor, MatsuJun opened the door of our dress room for me. Really MatsuJun? I frowned a little. No, it’s not him. He’s way too perfect for me. He’s even always dressed better than me. But he’s a big gentleman for sure.

I was so absorbed to my thoughts that I forgot to buy coffee. I started to search my pockets for some coins.

“Nino…could you lend me for coffee?” I asked the one who was busy with his game again.

“Help yourself…in the back pockets” he stood up without shutting down his DS. So it meant I should search his pockets on my own. If it concerned Nino I stopped to be embarrassed a long time ago.

“There’s nothing better in the morning than be molested by a young girl…” he mumbled without raising his eyes from the screen.

“…” I find the money and went to buy coffees for me and Sho-kun. There’s something about Nino that bothered me. Even though we were arguing a lot it was just for fun. He was a real bastard but there was something awesome around him. He was definitely interesting. But it’s not him. I couldn’t get over his erseness.

I met Sho-kun on my way to vending machines. “I was about to buy us a coffee, good morning.” He waved at me.

“It’s okay. It’s my treat today. Actually, Nino’s treat” I smiled at him.

“How’re things at home? I saw you talking with your mother yesterday.” He leaned against the wall.

“Everything’s okay. Thanks for asking.” I handed him the cup.

“Thank you. Let me hold yours too. It’s hot.” He grabbed mine as well. So Sho-chan? He’s caring, sensitive and very smart. And that “coffee sense” is really suspicious. But it doesn’t mean anything. I have the exact same calling for chicken ramen as Ohno-san. It can’t be Sho-kun. I feel a little dumb next to him.

“Mady-chan, do you want to go to set of Shimura Zoo today?” Aiba-kun sat next to me when I returned.

“Sure! Thank you Aiba-chan.” I smiled at him and he smiled at me even more. Aiba-kun is the biggest optimist I ever saw. And I’m the biggest pessimist the world ever held. So it definitely can’t be him. But we both loved animals so much…

Oh my! My mum really ruined my life…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, I was thinking about this story a little and I’ve discovered that I’m not planning to end it somehow. :D So it looks that this going to be a real diary. When you’re writing a diary you also don’t plan to end it because there’s always something going on in your life. Not to mention that writing and thinking about Mady really helps me to get going in my real life. As much as you enjoy reading this I’ll be writing. =)

Next chapter is up. Mady was thinking about her colleagues and friends. Is there really someone she likes? Or is she even secretly loved by someone? Any ideas?