Christmas Time

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

“Merry Christmas!” I heard next to me. I yanked my head and saw joyful face of Kamenashi-san.

“Oh…hmm. Arigatou….” I mumbled. Everything seemed to be normal from that “accident”. Maybe both of us were scared of another step and of course we were afraid of “Johnny”. But still there were no sign of talking about it between us. And that bothered me. Sometimes I felt like I want to scream. Even though I wasn’t sure about my feeling towards him I saw this whole thing as a problem that needs to be solved. But things solved themselves instead of us.

“What’s with that long face?” he sat next to me.

“Well…This year Christmas reminds me about my school-leaving exam and entrance exam and about that short time I have for studying.” I sighed.

“Oi, daijoubu. If anything goes wrong you could make living as a singer and actress. Our gaijin tarento!” he put his hands around my shoulders. I shook him off. Ending up as an actress and singer without education was something that caused me nightmares.

“I’m not gaijin tarento…” I said with irritation in my voice. Kame looked like he had something to say but sharp voice stopped him.

“Kamenashi-san and Mady-san! You’re called to Kitagawa-san!”

The whole studio had to hear that from that speaker. Johnny Kitagawa wanted to see us? We looked at each other with worries. We knew what’s that going to be about. And I’m not sure what it will mean for Kame. I don’t want him to be fired just because of something stupid like that. Wait… was it really so stupid as I said to myself right now?

“Better get going…” Kame whispered. I nodded and we went to the office of Johnny Kitagawa, head of Johnny’s Entertainment, who was on his inspection at K2 today.

 

“So…as a Christmas present…some guy from security center here gave me a short recording from one of the security cameras…” Kitagawa-san started talking without looking at us. I started to shiver. As a foreigner he’s going to kick me from Japan, I knew that.

“What’s your statement for that thing? Which is on the internet, I forgot to tell you,” Kitagawa-san turned his laptop to us. There was a video of me and Kamenashi-san in the corridor in front of dressing rooms.

We were silent. It was on the internet and it was the worst thing that could happen.

“You’re not going to say anything? Troy-san? Kazuya-kun?” he was trying to burn us with his look.

“Summimasen…” I bowed deeply. It was the only thing that came to my mind. Kitagawa-san grinned at me.

“It was a series of unfortunate circumstances, Kitagawa-sensei….I’m very sorry about that. It won’t happen again.” Kamenashi-san bowed as well.

I was surprised by his statement. Even though I didn’t expect something else I was disappointed. It won’t happen again, he said. Series of unfortunate circumstances? What was it Kame? Now I was sure that I won’t be able to look at him as I used to before. He turned to different person.

“Very well.” Kitagawa-san smiled a little. “You know that I slightly compromised from my strict rules. And to be honest, this will help the popularity. You can’t do a thing that would make the fans angry. They will just talk about it. Do as you want but I need to know about it. Are you dating each other?”

“No, we’re not.” Kame answered quickly. Well, on the straight question he gave a straight answer. Straight too much maybe.

 

Kitagawa-san let Kamenashi go but I should stay in the office. I was scared to death.

“I was talking to your manager Mady-san.” He turned to more familiar tone. “I can’t let almost total stranger to behave like that in my agency.”

I gulped. And here it goes. I’m sure I will be at my hometown for Christmas Eve.

“Wakarimaa…” I whispered.

“No, I think you don’t.” Kitagawa-san looked relaxed. “Johnny’s Entertainment is just male agency. But because of that we lost chances to participate in many projects that were using female members of the biggest agencies in the country. What a shame for such a big company as ours,” he made a pause. “What would you think about a contract with us? The one and only woman in Johnny’s! Our mascot and lucky charm!” He was excited.

I was staring at him and I wasn’t able to say anything.

“Mady-san… you would have a right to record with a group of your choice and you can change it or be in more of them in the same time. You will be our lucky charm and as that you’ll be needed.” He repeated.

I was startled but the next thing I did was bowing deeply and saying “Yoroshikon onegaishimasu!” aloud.

 

When I went to the cafeteria on that day, everyone was looking at me with worries. I just smiled at them so they started to be confused. I sat next to the Kamenashi-san and the rest of the group.

“So…are you fired?” asked Nakamaru-san. “I heard Kame is not going to leave…”

“Well…” I started slowly. “How should I put it? I’m not fired….I’m hired.”

“WHAT?!” they shouted.

Suddenly Matsujun attacked me from behind with his big hug. “Banzai! I heard the news!”

I laughed and couldn’t stop. “Mady-san is a new member of Johnny’s Entertainment starting today,” explained Sakurai-san who was following Matsujun.

“Eh?! Maji? Sughoi, ne? Mady-chan, omedetou!” Nakamaru-san hugged me as well.

“I’ve always loved that girl,” grinned Akanishi-san.

 

As I mentioned before, I felt that Kamenashi-san is somebody different from that wonderful man I’ve met some months ago. I was still disappointed by his statement in the manager’s office. I don’t know why, but it was like I expected something else from him. Maybe he could say “I’m sorry but I like her.” But he started to be afraid of his position. Too afraid of loosing his great work and he was scared that without this agency he would be nothing. He might be right. He relied on his look and singing and acting abilities. He wasn’t attending university like some of the Johnny’s did. I know no one from KAT-TUN was interested in university studies but some of them were making pretty much work. Nakamaru-san for example – he was very successful host in radio, the same goes for Ueda-san… I decided not to think about Kame anymore. Sometimes it looked like he’s sorry for what he said, but I didn’t want to change anything on the fact that we were just very good friends. And we probably will be like that forever.

 

Around Christmas the new dorama was out. Chigau Sekai e was the most expected dorama of this whole season. Ratings were pretty high and I and Kamenashi-san were regular guests of variety shows. We got used to the questions about our non-existing relationship. We’ve made up a story where we made fools of ourselves and this whole affair just vanished after a few weeks and I was selected to the new dorama. Watashi wa Sannin dea. My last shooting time before my school-leaving exam.

 

 

 

So two updates in a short time =) Today it’s shorter than usual but I hope you’ll enjoy. Well the relationship with Kame doesn’t look to happen so… what’s your idea? =)