VS Arashi

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

We entered the colourful studio. It was the first time for Arashi with six members. We stood in the row and were smiling at cheering audience.

„Well, this week’s VS Arashi has started.” Sho-kun announced to the nearest camera. “From now on there’s six of us, so we don’t need Plus One Guest every episode. Right, Mady-chan?” he turned to me.

“Hai,” I nodded while fighting with Nino, who was still poking me. Finally I twisted his arm behind his back.

“Oi, Nino, stop molesting her. We’ve just started,” MatsuJun stood between us.

“But it’ll depend on number of members in opposite team, right?” Aiba-kun continued moderating. “If the opposite team will be able to bring more contestants, we’re going to bring Plus One Guest.”

“But we won’t need it today, because we have six opponents as well.” Sho-kun nodded. “Please welcome Kurosagi team!”

On the staircase on the other side of studio our opponents appeared, Yamaa Tomohisa in front of them. We bowed to each other and waited for the audience to calm down.

“Well…we’re a little worried that Yamapi is standing against us…” I started.

Yamapi grinned towards me.

“So we could do a change, right?” Nino offered. “What about giving us Yamapi and we would give them…for example….Oh-chan?”

“Eh?” Ohno-san looked like just waking up.

“I think it’s okay as it is…” Horikita Maki laughed.

“Well….Yamapi, how did you slept today?” Sho-kun asked.

“Very well, thank you,” Yamapi bowed with a smirk.

“That’s not good…” MatsuJun crossed his arms on his chest.

“Oi, you’re the only one who can beat him…It’s not good that you’re scared…” Aiba-kun started to panic.

“Oh, by the way, you’re here to promote your new drama about professional swindler Kurosagi,” Sho-kun added.

“That’s right.” Yamapi agreed. “It’s very unusual story about swindling and it’s very interesting to see that bad things can be actually good ones. So please continue supporting us!” Kurosagi team bowed to the audience.

“But the shooting of that drama is already finishing these days, am I right?” I asked.

“Sou desu. But still there are few interesting episodes to come.” Maki-chan smiled at me.

“That’s good to hear. Anyway, let’s get started!” Sho-kun announced the beginning of competition.

 

“The next challenge is Cliff Climber!” Ohno shouted and went to his sleep with opened eyes again.

“Sho-san, are you okay with climbing with MatsuJun?” I asked from my seat.

“I am. There’s MatsuJun, right? So I have nothing to worry about…” he answered.

“Don’t forget that showing your muscles won’t make the wall shrink to half…” Nino reminded him from support spot.

 

“We should celebrate today. Sho-kun made it to the top.” Aiba-kun laughed while Sakurai-san gave him a horrible look.

Yamapi was preparing himself for climbing.

“Know, what would be funny?” Nino had an idea. I started to worry about it. “What would Yamapi do, if Mady-chan was supposed to be against him in this discipline?”

“Why are you so obsessed with me today?” I yelled at him.

“I wouldn’t climb,” Yamapi answered simply.

“Why?” I was surprised. “That’s discrimination. You’re not competing against women?”

“Mady-chan, it’s not discrimination, it’s just politeness. It wouldn’t be fair, so it’s better to quit it.” Sho-kun enlightened me.

“Ah…I see.” I turned to Yamapi. “I’m sorry, Yamapi, but in order to work with Nino I had to learn to think of everything in the weirdest ways. So I’m being really rude sometimes.”

 

“The next challenge is Pinball Runner!” announced MatsuJun.

“Today’s runner is Ninomiya-kun!” we heard the moderator’s voice. “Sakurai-san and Mady-san are at the supporting spot.”

“So make it clear. Yellow and pink. Who and who?” Nino fixed the basket above his head.

“I’m going for that pink ones,” I leaned forward.

“But actually,” Sho-kun on my left started to explain the new strategy. “Mady-chan is just going to tell you that PINK word.” He came over to my right. “But the numbers will be told by both of us.”

“What? It’ll be messy!” Nino complained.

“I think it’s going to work, right?” Sho-kun returned to my left again.

“Sho-san, why are you rotating around me?” I asked him nervously.

He made a pause. “Well…because you’re my sun…” he dramatically pointed at me.

The whole studio burst into laugh with us.

“Well…that’s nice.” I said when I calmed down. “Arigatou gozaimasu.” I bowed deeply.

Meanwhile Nino was sitting on the floor and he was still laughing. I and Sho-san turned to him.

“Ninomiya-kun wa OUT!” I imitated that moderator’s voice. “Nino, are you okay?”

“Hai, hai, hai…” he stood up. “I want you to change the strategy…” he glanced at us.

“So…I’m going to tell you about pink balls. And I’ll tell you the numbers as well. But just for that pink ones. The rest is up to Sho-san.” I solved that.

“Wakarimaa, Mady-SAN.” Sho-kun stressed the same pronunciation of “-san” and English  “sun”.

“Oh my, is there any chance to change my today’s support?” Nino looked at the others.

 

“The last challenge is Rolling Coin Tower!” Nino exclaimed and the moderator’s voice started to comment the situation:

“Both teams have the same score. This last discipline will decide about today’s winner. Today for Rolling Coin Tower Horikita Maki-san and Yamaa Tomohisa-san from Kurosagi team against Mady Troy-san and Sakurai Sho-san from Arashi team!”

“This is actually the first time we have the same score…” MatsuJun spoke up.

“We could be in lead if Nino-kun didn’t have that laugh attack before Pinball Runner.” Ohno-san pointed out.

“So you finally woke up, Oh-chan!” Nino tapped him on the head.

“Yamapi, Maki-chan, how’s your confidence?” Aiba turned to our opponents.

“I’m actually pretty nervous,” Maki-chan admitted. “This discipline is always too nerve-wrecking.”

“I’m very calm about it.” Yamapi nodded with satisfaction. “I have a secret weapon.”

“EH?!”

“Well, Mady-san mentioned that Kurosagi is going to end.” He started slowly. “But still there are two episodes to make and, as you know, the production decided to prepare a movie.”

“I really don’t know where it leads…” Sho-kun was stepping nervously.

Yamapi made a pause and continued: “We need the protagonist of the new character in last episode of our drama and for the movie. And our production told me that I should ask Mady-san if she would like to take it.”

“WHAT?” I almost fell from the stairs.

“It’s not fair to tell this before Coin Tower…” MatsuJun was shocked.

“It’s totally not fair; because she will have this role just in the case Kurosagi team wins today.” Yamapi finished his talking.

I was staring at him with disbelief.

“It means she has to choose if she’s going to play with us or with you.” Nino made this situation clear.

“Alright…I’m playing with Arashi…” I said faster then I start to think about it properly.

“WOW!” everyone exclaimed and the audience tried to cheer me up.

 

When the tower was high enough that it started to shiver just by going around, something unexpected happened. Sho-kun put the coin almost on the edge of the tower. It fell of course. But no one from Arashi seemed to be mad about it. They were the first who started the big applause. I didn’t get it in the beginning. But as we were watching the replay scene of the falling tower after the show ended, I had to ask.

“Sho-san…you did it on purpose?”

He just slightly nodded and smiled at me.

“When you think of it, he was holding just this one coin instead of three.” Aiba pointed out the fact on the video.

“So he had to plan it. And even though it’s nothing usual from me, I have to admit, he did the right thing.” Nino nodded.

“I would do the same….for Mady-chan.” Ohno-san mumbled.

“Me too…” added MatsuJun.

“Well I think I would do it too.” Nino put his arm around Sho’s shoulders.

“I was hoping they will do something like that.” Yamapi came to us.

“It means that thanks to Sho-san, I’m going to play in Kurosagi…” I whispered.

“Hai, yoroshiku.” Yamapi saluted me.

When he left I almost started to cry. I was really moved.

“Thank you, Sho-san,” I hugged him. I just felt how he almost stopped breathing.

“Group hug!” the rest of Arashi attacked us.

These people are really something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well well well.....enjoy! =)