Hanabi

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

Nino bursted into hysterical laughter. Again. For the fourth time in one hour. And the worst thing – he was reading my script for Jinsei no Michi.

His scream scared me. Again.

“Could you stop laughing at me?” I snapped at him.

“I’m not…I’m not laughing at you…” he gasped. “I’m laughing at your script…”

“Isn’t it the same?” I mumbled and closed my laptop.

“Let’s discuss it…” Nino tapped on the free space next to him.

“Good idea…” I lay next to him on the couch. “So…Jinsei no Michi episode three...” I closed my eyes and let Nino to read the script aloud. Just before he started Aiba-chan and MatsuJun entered the room and stared at us lying on one couch side by side.

“You’re starting to be inseparable…” MatsuJun frowned.

“I’ve decided to let Nino to think instead of me. And I’m thinking instead of him. And because he’s not thinking I have easier work.” I answered without opening my eyes.

“You’re not making sense… just like Nino…” Aiba-chan laughed.

“Damare! I’m going to read about Mady-chan’s worst role of all time…” Nino took a deep breath. “Soe Mady-chan…”

“Hai! But…wait. How do you know it’s going to be my worst role? I was so excited about Jinsei no Michi. Still I am. This is a serious character in serious drama…” I sat up.

“… and we know that human drama is you favourite genre. Just listen up. Oi! Actor number two just entered the stage.” Nino commented on Sho-kun who just sat to the armchair. He was reading the script and he had a serious look on his face.

“My character’s name is Okada Seiji…Nani kore? I must be the product of some experiment with V6 and Freeter Ie wo Kau…” he shook his head.

“Mady-chan is Ishida Rin…at least they gave you the Japanese name.” Nino turned to me.

“Oh…I feel better now…” I made a grimace and stood up. “I’m going to check on Hanabi…” I stretched my arms.

“Hanabi?...” MatsuJun raised his head. “But…it was in August…”

“Johnny’s Hanabi…” I corrected him.

“Ah…them…” Nino smirked.

“Don’t make that face, Nino. You were checking on them yesterday during dance rehearsals.” Sho-kun pointed out.

“Actually….they’re pretty good, aren’t they?” Aiba-chan was thinking aloud.

“Of course they are! I was one of the judges who chose them, remember?” Sho-kun added.

“Yes…and all of us know you have a great taste. Ne, Mady-chan?” Nino had his moment again.

I wasn’t paying attention to him anymore. I was on my way to door.

“Wait up, I think I need some fresh air too…” Sho followed me and as the door closed behind us he put his arm around my shoulders.

Things between me and Sho were really strange now. But surprisingly we were pretty happy. We were not dating yet something was in the air. For fans it was on the same level like Ohmiya. Arashi’s new and lately most favourite pairing called MadySho.

“Where are we heading?” Sho asked after while.

“I thought about stopping by the recording studio. Hanabi are practising.” I smiled. I was already a big fan of Hanabi, the new Johnny’s female group. It was very nice to see these five girls in Johnny’s Entertainment.

 

As soon as we entered the recording room we were hit by familiar music.

“They’re covering Arashi!” Sho looked through the glass at five girls.

“You’re really slow…” I shook my head. He didn’t know?

“Oh! Sakurai-san and Mady-san!” Hanabi’s Nuria started to wave at us. I smiled at them and waved back.

“It’s crazy…I can’t sing in front of them…” Sora sighed.

“Yo, Hanabi.” I greet them through intercom. “Let’s have a break.” All of them nodded and rushed to the door.

 

“It’s a little embarrassing to be surrounded by six girls…” Sho admitted when we were sitting in the actor’s cafeteria.

“Gomennasai, but why are we here?” Sora turned to me whispering.

“They have better coffee here,” I smiled. “And you can meet more actors here.”

“What a surprise for something like actor’s cafeteria…” Sho teased me. I poked him with my shoulder as I was sitting next to him. Hanabi were curiously watching us.

“Ah! I’ve seen last Arashi ni Shiyagare!” Nuria suddenly exclaimed. “The episode where you two were supposed to dance classical dances together. “

I froze a little.

“You were so stunning!” Nuria continued. “I could watch your tango for the whole day.”

“Well, they’re MadySho, right? It’s natural they’re great,” Kotone added.

Sho-kun started to coughing and I was concentrating on my cup of coffee. Then I finally found another topic:

“Ne, Koharu-chan, you have wonderful voice.”

The girl in front of me looked surprised. “A…arigatou…” she bowed a little.

“Usually I’m the one who’s singing parts with Oh-chan but what about you singing a special duet with Ohno-kun?” I suggested.

“WHAT?” All of them were shocked.

“I mean…it would be good for the group. As a promotion…” I tried to explain.

“That’s actually interesting idea…” Sho spoke up. “What about bigger cooperation? Arashi and Hanabi. Let’s make a deal for singing together on New Year’s Eve!”

“Kohaku?” Nuria was staring at us with disbelief.

“Send your manager to us and to our manager. I think it will be great!” I started to be excited about it and I was glad Sho was on the same line as me.

“Arashi and Hanabi…” Aiko was thinking aloud. “It sounds…”

“Amazing!” Nuria finished her sentence.

“I hope we’ll be allowed to do that.” Koharu-chan smiled at us.

“We’ve just created something special, Sho-chan,” I laughed.

“Well, what could you expect from MadySho?”  he put his arm around my shoulders again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's a short chapter but I promised to write it a long time ago. I hope you enjoy it. =)

You've certainly noticed a crossover. The group Hanabi comes from the wonderful fanfic from arashigirl2013. You can find it here.  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/135925