Chigau Sekai e

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

The new dorama I was supposed to appear in was really deep. Just as the one Daisuke-san wished for. Personally I fell in love with this story. Even though I wasn’t a fan of typical love stories this one was different. Dramatic love with lots of emotions – happiness, despair, tears and laugh – it was Chigau Sekai e.

My character named Sandy took entrance exam for the Tokyo University but she wasn’t accepted. She thought she failed in her life and everything is going to the certain end. But still she needs to live along. In order to make some money she works at the bar like a bartender. She shares stories with desperate people that come and go to the bar and in her free time she’s preparing for the next entrance exam. Suzuka – waitress at the bar – has a similar problem. She has to go to the university or she has to get married. Another character is Akira. Boy who’s also working there and who is desperately in love with Sandy. But Sandy doesn’t believe that this interest is real. She thinks that when a Japanese man falls for her it’s not because of her personality but just because of her appearance. She’s not an Asian and she’s just attractive for them.

One day the bar hosts omiai meeting. Omiai is arranged marriage. But after some time and unfortunate circumstances Sandy falls in love with Tokugawa Shuji, the boy whose marriage is arranged here. He feels the same so they start their passionate love story. Everything must be total secret because even though Shujis fiancée doesn’t want to marry him she doesn’t want to let him to another woman as well. Japanese traditions are very strict and both of the lovers know that this relationship won’t go like this forever. They reveal their secret to omiai agent. To make the long story short, Sandy is hurt by Shujis fiancée and there’s also Akira who takes his chance to comfort Sandy. But everything ends well because Sandy is accepted to the University and omiai marriage is cancelled because of “unexpected circumstances”.

This dorama was somehow special to me. Maybe because of the fact I was also going to pass the entrance exam for the University but it wasn’t all. I can hardly explain why this story so appealed to me. I felt I could understand Sandy and her desperate love even though I’ve never experienced something like this. But the tension among the cultures was something I could feel if I try. The thing was I didn’t want to try and the others behave the same.

Suzuka-chan – the waitress and Sandy’s friend – was played by Ayase Haruka-san. The role of Akira belonged to Akanishi Jin. My main rival was supposed to be played by Becky-chan. It was funny and scary at the same moment. Especially in the scene where she has to push me violently and I should cut myself very badly by glass. And Tokugawa Shuji – Sandy’s lover (and my lover in fact) was Kamenashi Kazuya-san of course. I really loved the story but I couldn’t imagine how I should play a passionate scene with him. Remember I was very shy and totally inexperienced girl.

 

I was sitting in the actor’s lobby and with the head in my hands I was waiting for the shooting of my first “passionate scene” with Kamenashi-san.

“Try to drink this…” Oguri-san passed me a small glass of vodka.

“Why?” I played innocent even though I would really appreciate some kick.

“Well…I know what you’re going to shoot now.” He grinned.

I was shocked. “How do you know that?! And  what? Are you going to watch? Is the whole K2 going to watch?”

He was looking at me with this poker face of his.

“Okay… I know…” I grabbed the glass. “Kanpai.”

“You’re nervous… that’s normal…” he tried to comfort me. I was surprised how kind he was. “Don’t you want to try on me?” he turned to his normal ert smile.

“You really have to be awful…” I sighed.

“I heard the news!” Matsujun walked to the lobby.

“I know. That’s your favourite sentence though.” I grinned but this expression froze on my face as I saw the whole Arashi group walking towards me.

“Don’t worry, we’re recording new single here…Before you say anything.” Sakurai-san sat next to me.

“That’s great but why are you telling me this? You know that too, right?” I looked at them with suspicion.

“Who doesn’t?” mumbled Nino-kun.

“Baka…” Matsujun smacked him on the head.

“It’s called beep-show you know? Well behaved person doesn’t do that…” Sakurai-san added.

“Who said I’m well behaved?” Nino-kun smirked.

“You should practice…” Satoshi-san turned to me.

“Are you joking?”

“I’m not. It’s common thing. You’re actress after all.”

“Practice makes the master…” Oguri-san joined the conversation again.

“You’re going to shut up…” I gave him a cold glance.

“That’s not it. You just get used to your acting partner. And you feel more relaxed.” Matsujun looked seriously.

“So that’s why we repeated the kissing scenes so many times in Kokoro no Rocku?” I asked.

“Sort of. It was also because of Daisuke-san’s perfection…” he grinned.

“Mady Troy-san onegaishimasu!” I heard from the speaker.

I started to shiver and without a word I walked from the lobby.

I just heard a silent “Ganbatte!” from Arashi guys.

 

“So I expect you’ve read the script.” Daisuke-san started to talk to us. Kamenashi-san was facing me and I felt his stare at my face.

“Hai…” we answered together.

“Let me repeat it to you…” Daisuke-san grabbed the papers. “We’re in Sandy’s apartment. Shuji pays her a visit. At the doorstep he gasps “I can’t go on.” Sandy asks what does he mean but he doesn’t have to answer. She knows the truth. So remember the right expression Mady-san. She lets him in and they’re facing each other without a word. Then he starts kissing her. She put his shirt off and he starts to her blouse. That’s all.”

I was afraid that even through the make-up they could see how much I’m blushing.

“Hai…wakarimaa…” Kamenashi-san nodded. “But can I have a second?”

“What?” Daisuke-san was surprised but he gave him fifteen minutes.

Kamenashi-san grabbed my hand and we walked to empty actors lobby. He closed the doors properly and turned to me. I was really scared but he looked calm.

“I know it can be…hard… for you.” He started.

“Well…I shoot something similar with Matsumoto Jun-san so I think…” I wanted to look cool but he interrupted me.

“Don’t be like that. You’re shivering…”

I just stared at him and after a while I just sighed. “Hai… I’m nervous. Maybe more than that. Weird, right?”

He smiled softly. “It’s normal. We have fifteen minutes now so if you want anything…”

Suddenly I felt different. It was hard to explain again but it was something like I could believe him now. And maybe that vodka shot from Oguri-san helped me to communicate with Kamenashi-san.

“I wanted to ask…How should I look at you?” I asked. “I didn’t ask Daisuke-san so I don’t know. I should feel so many different emotions that I’m not sure how I should put it. Or where should I look?”

“Well…” he started to think. “You’re right. You’re full of emotions. And you don’t know what to do. About the expression…they told me they will give us the tear drops. You know that liquid that makes you cry. So the expression will make itself. But the looking spot…try to look on my neck.”

“Your neck?”

“Hai. It will look according to your emotions. You want me but you don’t want to break the rules. You want to kiss me but you want to push me away. And you end up half way of both things. So…look at my neck.”

“No big deal… I will just looking straight in front of me.” I joked about my height.

“That’s right.” He laughed with me and suddenly he got serious again. “Now we should try to kiss…”

“What?!”

He looks embarrassed too. “Well….we should get…”

“…get used to each other….I know.” I sighed.

“Well…so, close your eyes and try to…forget about everything okay?”

“Except the script…” I had to use joke to help me escape from this embarrassing situation.

“Stop joking…” he smirked and then I just felt his lips against mine.

 

 

 

 

 

Well…what should I say now? Enjoy =)