Two Worlds

Gaijin Tarento Diary

 

“I just came to say hi,” I announced as I step into Arashi’s dressing room.

“Are you going somewhere?” Aiba-chan turned to me.

I sighed. “You forgot again. I have school today. It’s Monday, remember?”

“Every Monday, from 11am to 12:30 – can’t get in touch with Mady-chan. That’s what I remember,” Nino yawned at me.

“Thursday’s evening shows without Mady-chan,” added MatsuJun.

“And Friday’s lunches without Mady-chan,” finished Ohno-kun. How typical of him. At least he realised I’m missing during lunch on Fridays.

“Why are you bothering with that school, anyway?” Nino’s straight question surprised me.

“Oh…I don’t know….honestly….” I stuttered. “It’s normal to go to university after high school…” I tried to find a reason but this one was probably not the right one because I was pierced by four strange looks.

“No….it’s not normal. Things like that are normal just for people like Sakurai Sho.” Nino opened his DS.

“You probably wanted to say university is not for lazy people like you,” MatsuJun corrected him.

I started to feel uneasy. “I shouldn’t start talking about it…” I turned to the door when they suddenly opened wide in front of me. I almost forgot to breath.

“Oh…ohayou gozaimasu, ojou-sama.” Sho in Kageyama’s costume bowed to me.

“No kidding…” I gasped. “You surprised me…”

“I hope it was a nice surprise…” he put off his glasses.

“Sort of…”

“There he goes again…” Nino mumbled.

“Well, remember how you and Koharu-san from Hanabi were talking about Kageyama?” Sho step in. “So I decided to surprise you today and wish both of you good morning in that suit.”

“What? You were at Hanabi’s room?”Aiba-chan jumped from his seat.

“Speaking of Koharu-san…” Ohno-kun spoke up but nobody let him finish his sentence.

“You met Hanabi dressed like Kageyama?” I couldn’t be more shocked. “How many of them survived that?”

“Don’t you think we’re talking too much about Hanabi?” Nino raised his head.

“What’s your problem? You’re the one who watched over them during the Music Station. I wonder how much you’re able to pretend you don’t care.” I pointed out. “Anyway…Sho-kun…you really don’t behave like almost thirty.” I turned to Sho-san again.

He giggled.

“Actually that’s the topic I wanted to discuss with you!” Nino stood up. “You’re thirty,” he pointed at Sho-kun. “…and you’re twenty,” now he pointed at me. “That’s ten year gap. It’s pretty big difference between you two so you should consider…”

“Ittekimasu!” I quickly grabbed my bag and left for school.

 

Sometimes it was like living in two worlds. The world of Johnny’s Entertainment full of handsome men, fans, TV shows, recording, shooting…  And the ordinary world with school and “normal” non-idol friends. Of course they knew about my work but they didn’t chase me for an autograph. And that was something I was very grateful for. I was grateful for this chance to be someone ordinary for a while.

“Good morning,” I greeted Lena, my friend since the first day here. I sat next to her and waved to some other classmates. I wonder if they were so nice to me because of my popularity.

“Good morning…” she mumbled without raising her head from some magazine.

“What’s new in that tabloid?” I smirked.

“Nothing much…there’s just photo of you and Ninomiya Kazunari in one of the cafés on Shibuya.” She handed it to me.

“Ah…it’s from Friday. We went to cinema. You know, this new movie with Ikuta Toma is out so we wanted to check it out.” I explained.

Lenajust shook her head. “You have to live a wonderful life…”

“What? Are you jealous? I thought you’re not into J-pop culture….” It was actually normal of my classmates in Czech division of Meiji University to be not interested in Japanese culture too much.

“I’m not. But it’s difficult to ignore it if you live in Tokyo.” She grinned at me. “Actually a new billboard was installed on Shibuya a few days ago. It’s a promotion of Arashi’s Beautiful World album.”

I sighed a little. She was not jealous, I knew it. She just needed to remind me of my work and I was too stupid for being just proud of myself.

“I’ve seen it yesterday.” I nodded.

“What’s with that tone? You’re a part of these Arashi I’m talking about! Isn’t it great?” she smiled at me.

“I guess so. Why are you telling me this?”

“Because you’re depressed. And because I don’t know why I’m trying to show you how wonderful life you actually live. And you live it just once.” She tapped me on my shoulder.

“You’re living this life just once…” I repeated slowly as a sudden idea came to my mind. “Know what, Lena? You’re a genius.” I grabbed my pen and started to write:

Ichidokiri no jinsei korogaru you  ni

Waratte naite ikite yukou ze baby…

“What are you writing?“ Lena tried to read the new lyrics that just popped in my head.

“I’m not sure yet. But it looks like a good beginning for some new song. Someday…” I smiled at her. Meanwhile my phone lit up with incoming message: “Coming back from interview in an hour. Going to pick you up from school.”

“Hmm…MatsuJun is going to pick me up today…” I frowned.

“What?! And you say it just like that? I’m going to die…” Lena put her head on the desk.

 

As soon as MatsuJun drove me home, both of us realized that we have free afternoon. And so we ended up watching TV at my home.

“It looks like I’m going to star in a new drama…” MatsuJun stretched his arms.

“Really? What kind of drama?” I passed him some snacks.

“Detective stories. It should be called Lucky Seven or something like that…”

“That’s pretty cool. You haven’t played detective, have you?” I tried to remember his characters.

“I haven’t…” he giggled.

“What are you doing here?!” I heard voice of my manager behind us.

“We have free afternoon, don’t worry.” I tried to calm him down. I knew how seriously Tanaka-san takes this job.

He was thinking for a while: “Maybe Jun-kun. But you don’t.”

“I have. Sato-san called me he doesn’t need me nor Sho-kun today. So Sho is working on NazoDi.” I explained.

“What?” Tanaka-san was looking for some papers again and overheard half of my explanation.

“Sho-kun is shooting Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de today because we’re not needed for Jinsei no Michi. So I’m free.” I repeated.

“Great. Because I have something new for you.” Tanaka-san handed mi a few papers.

“What is it?” I briefly came through the documents. It was the lyrics for some song.

“Smile Song?” I read the title.

“Hey! Say! Jump?!” MatsuJun’s jaw dropped.

“Johnny-sama said it would be a nice cooperation…” Tanaka-san smiled at us and quickly added. “Just Mady-chan…and just this one song.”

“Well…of course…but why now and why them?” I wondered.

Tanaka-san just shrugged and walked away.

I sighed. “That’ll be funny. I can’t even name all of the members….” I tried to remember. “I’ve met Hikaru Yaotome once….I’ve been talking to Kota Yabu when I was with KAT-TUN….these days I meet Chinen Yuri pretty often because of that drama with Yamapi…and that’s all.”

“What about Yamada Ryosuke?” MatsuJun was helping me.

“We’ve just met….but he gets along with Hanabi a lot….” And then sudden idea came to my mind for a second time this day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another chapter with another mention of Hanabi from arashigirl2013's fic here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/135925/subarashiki-sekai-apply-arashi-heysayjump-jpop-kattun-news-johnny    Enjoy =)

And for you, who doesn't know Smile Song from HSJ, take a look here (well, it's a tribute of Chinen-kun but try to concentrate on that song :D):