Chapter 38

My Life As His Fiancée

 


Your heart skipped a beat hearing his voice. What is he going to confess?

 

“This is hard to tell you, but… but the whole amnesia thing. I was faking it.”

 

Your eyes widen at this statement and anger rushed through you. You were faking it Nam Woohyun?

 

"But hear me out. I know I hurt you a lot… I hurt myself a lot too. I… I thought that if I was to act like I didn’t know you would be happy with Sunggyu. I thought you loved Sunggyu."

 

You never let me explain.

 

“I was insecure. I was scared that the source of my happiness would disappear like it always does. I decided that if I let go first I wouldn’t be as hurt as if you were to leave me.”

 

I promised you that I would never leave you and I meant it.

 

“I thought by doing so it would be the best for us, but I was wrong. I’m sorry. We were always meant to be together. I’m not sure if you’ll consider me after you hear what I say. But I’m really sorry.”

 

A tear slid down your face as you saw Woohyun wipe away his own tears.

 

“But there’s one thing I want to tell you. I always wanted to tell you this to your face, but I never had the courage too. I’m sorry I never told you before. In the end, you said it first, I love you Lee ~~~~~. I love you with all my heart. The only one that seems to see the good in me while everyone else hates me. The one I first experienced love with and the one I will only expericene true love with. My source of happeniess, my sunshine. I love you,” Woohyun said as tears fell from his own eyes.

 

Tears were falling down your cheeks. You wiped your cheeks as you continued to listen to the video.

 

"By the time you see this, I’ll be far gone."

 

Your eyes widen. Where are you going?! Why Woohyun!?

 

Woohyun smiled a bit before he continued, “You’ll probably be glad that a liar like me is gone.”

 

You shook your head. I want to be with you. Forever.

 

“If you hate me I understand.”

 

I don’t and won’t ever hate you.

 

“But if you would still accept someone like me to be your fiancé. Meet me where we had our first night together.”

 

Our first night?

 

“If you come I’ll be happiest man in the world and if you don’t, I’ll understand.”

 

Of course I’ll come.

 

“Goodbye my love,” Woohyun said before he did a heart sign and sent it towards you.

 

The video quickly ended and you were shaking as tears rolled down your cheeks. Your mind looking through all the memories of you and Woohyun. Our first night.

“Unnie. What’s wrong?” Nara asked in a worried voice.

“I- I need to go,” you shuttered.

“Unnie,” Nara said as she quickly walked up to you and grabbed your hand.

“H-He left Nara. I- He thinks I hate him. I-I-I need to tell him I still love him,” you said in shock.

Nara’s eyes widen as she took the phone from you. You stumbled backwards, but Myungsoo caught you. Our first night… our first night. It hit you. Eun. Bae.

“Myungsoo,” you said as you turned to look at him.

“Hum?” he asked full of concern.

“Do you know where Woohyun goes for his grandparent’s graves and… and his brother’s grave?” you asked.

Myungsoo nodded his head.

“I need you to take me there,” you exclaimed as you grabbed a hold of his arms.

“~~~~~. Calm down. We’ll take you there tomorrow. We all promise that right guys,” Hoya said as he pulled you away from Myungsoo.

“I-”

“Well take you tomorrow. It’s dangerous in the country at this time of day,” Dongwoo said in a strict tone.

“We’ll take you tomorrow Unnie,” Nara said as she finished watching the video.

“Promise?” you asked.

They all nodded their heads and held their pinkys’ out. You let a sigh of relief out as you pinky promised all of them.

“You’ll really take me?” you asked again.

“We will,” Myungsoo said in a reasuring voice.

-------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu let out a sigh as he walked out of the elevator. Earlier that day he sent Woohyun away with one of Woohyun’s personal drivers. He sat down on a bench and took out his phone. He quickly called Woohyun.

“Hello Hyung,”

“Have you arrived yet?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yeah. I got here about an hour ago,” Woohyun replied.

“That’s good,” Sunggyu sighed.

“Yeah.”

“Well I hope you the best dongsaeng,” Sunggyu said.

“Thank you hyung.”

“Well I have to go now,” Sunggyu announced.

“Alright. I’ll call you tomorrow,” Woohyun said.

“Okay.”

“Oh and hyung,” Woohyun said.

“Hum,”

“Go get her. Tell her you love her before it’s to late. Hwaiting hyung!” Woohyun said before the line went dead.

Sunggyu smiled to himself before he put his phone away. He then got up and headed back towards the elevator.

-------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu walked out of the elevator door, headed down the hall, and searched for the door number 218. He went to the CCU and the nurse down there told him that Ae Chan should be in her room. Sunggyu knocked on the door. No answer.

“Are family?” a nurse asked Sunggyu.          

“No. I’m just a close friend. Is Ae Chan arlight?” Sunggyu asked.

“Oh it seems like you haven’t heard, Ae Chan’s mother died in a car crash earlier today,” the nurse said, “She’s been crying all day. No matter how much we try to calm her down, as you would know it’s not good for her heart.”

“Oh. Not that I don’t know, but what heart problem exactly?” Sunggyu asked.

“Ae Chan has a weak heart. Ever since, she was little. She has been in the hospital almost her whole life. All the nurses have watched her grow up. She has a passion for drawing, but has never decided to ‘commit’ to it and publish her art,” the nurse explained.

Sunggyu nodded as he took mental notes about everything.

“She was a bubbly girl and everyone loved her. Sadly her father died from lung cancer a few years back and she bacame cold. She was just recovering from it and turning back into the old Ae Chan we all knew and loved, but now her mother has died too,” the nurse sighed.

She’s been through more pain than I can imagine. Sunggyu thought.

“Well I have to go. If you have anymore questions don’t hesitate to ask,” the nurse said before leaving.

Sunggyu took a deep breath and prepared himself before he grabbed hold of the doorknob. He slowly opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him.

“Ae Chan,” he called.

“L-Leave m-me a-alone,” Ae Chan hiccupped.

Sunggyu walked further into the room and turned to corner to find Ae Chan in a sitting position her knees brought up to her chest.

“I- I heard what happened,” Sunggyu said, “And I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Leave me alone!” Ae Chan screamed.

Sunggyu didn’t stop though he walked closer to Ae Chan.

“Listen to me, this isn’t going to do you any good. I know you hurt a lot right now, but you have to think about yourself too,” Sunggyu said in calm and soothing voice.

“S-she’s gone though. I’m an orphan now,” Ae Chan said as she looked at Sunggyu.

“I know,” Sunggyu replied, “But think about yourself just for a little while.”

“How can I when everything I ever loved is gone?” Ae Chan asked as she lowered her head into her knees and started to sob harder.

Sunggyu couldn’t help himself, sat down on the bed, and wrapped an arm around Ae Chan. She lowered her knees allowing Sunggyu to pull her close to his chest.

Sunggyu hummed a song to her that his mother hummed to him when he was little. Ae Chan slowly stopped crying.

“Want to know what that one flower means?” Sunggyu asked as Ae Chan became quite in his arms.

Ae Chan pulled back and nodded her head. Sunggyu pulled his arms back and grabbed one of her hands.

“That flower is a Gloxinia flower,” Sunggyu said clearly, as he looked Ae Chan. She was waiting for the meaning he knew she was.

“It means love at first sight,” Sunggyu confessed.

“Love at first sight?” Ae Chan asked.

Sunggyu nodded and said, “I gave it to you because… because I’ve fallen for you. Ove the past few days my thoughts have been about nothing but you. I… I think I’m in love with you.”

“So that means when I gave it to you I was telling you the same thing?” Ae Chan asked.

Sunggyu looked away and nodded his head as he prepared himself for a heartbreak.

Ae Chan placed a hand over Sunggyu’s hand before saying, “Sunggyu. Look at me.”

Sunggyu hesitantly raised his head.

“Truth be told I really didn’t know what it meant before I gave it to you… but now knowing the meaning… I hope you know I feel the same,” Ae Chan confessed.

Sunggyu’s eyes widen.

“I think I’m in love with you too,” Ae Chan said as she felt her cheeks start to burn. She looked away.

Sunggyu smiled and placed a hand under Ae Chan’s chin bringing her to look at him. He then cupped her face and placed a kiss on her lips.

Sunggyu pulled back and smiled at Ae Chan before he said, “I’m glad fate brought me to meet you.”

“I’m glad I bumped into you,” Ae Chan said before she wrapped her hands around his neck and gave him a tight hug.

I wish you the best dongsaeng. Sunggyu thought.


Hope you guys like it! 2 updates in one day. XD Was it touching? I was seriously crying my eyes out writing this. ><

And what do you think about Sunggyu's and Ae Chan's relationship now? Truth be told I have a version 2 to their part. But it would have been so sad. ;~;

Here's a short version 2:

“Oh it seems like you haven’t heard, Ae Chan died earlier today due to an unexpected heart attack," the nurse said.

Sunggyu's eyes widen as his heart dropped. He didn't even get to tell her that one meaning of the flower, that she wondered so much about. That one flower that held the meaning he wanted to tell her so badly. She was gone. His love at first sight. Gone.

Yeah that's version 2. I would never do that to my Sunggyu. <3

Since it's the giving time of year I'll provided a gif of each of the Infinite members. <33

Sunggyu:

Dongwoo:

Woohyun:


  

Hoya:

Sungyeol:

Myungsoo:

Sungjong:

 

And one of Infinite as a whole:

 

Merry Christmas!
(^^ It's not Christmas here nor is it Christmas eve, but I might not be able to update on those two days, so I say it now. ^^)

Comment and subscribe!

-Andie