Chapter 6

Soulmate

Awww...thank you orangekath and andy_dyan for the upvote! <3<3<3 I shall have this quick update for you all.

Andy took a step back, obviously wanting to leave again. Choong Jae plunged up instinctively and grabbed Andy’s wrist, not giving the maknae another chance to escape their confrontation. He had no idea what he was going to do or say. All he knew was he needed Andy, and he needed answers.

“Choong Jae-ssi, let go of me!” Andy’s irate voice sounded.

“Choong Jae-ssi?” Choong Jae sneered. “At least you finally said my name.” He took a step forward and in a swift motion, pulled Andy towards him.

The heat radiating from the younger boy was palpable and Choong Jae could hear the pounding of his and Andy’s hearts. Andy’s nervousness subdued his. He leaned forward, wanting to take Andy’s lips with his own.

Andy snapped out of his stupor just before Choong Jae could claim his lips. The younger boy pushed Choong Jae away and the latter fell back onto the floor. Choong Jae looked up at Andy, shocked at both his soul mate’s strength and what he had done. He shut his eyes, defeated. How could he be so stupid? How could he try to force a kiss on Andy?

“I’m sorry.” Choong Jae mumbled; eyes still closed. “I’m sorry I got carried away. I only wanted to sort out things between us.”

“Sort what? There is nothing between us to sort.” Andy snapped. Choong Jae opened his eyes and looked at his soul mate, pleading.

“Andy…please…”Choong Jae begged. “Please…Can you just give me a chance?”

Andy did not answer, nor did he retort Choong Jae immediately. He had a masked expression.

Then he said it –

“I believe I already did. For many lifetimes...”

Choong Jae went still. Andy’s expression told him he had not misheard. That was why Andy had been behaving like this. That was why he wrote that message in his diary. Andy’s knowledge was more than just knowing they were soul mates.

Andy remembered.

All beliefs that Choong Jae had hold on to fall apart at that instant. No deities or gods were watching over him. He was just receiving his punishment for all that he had done in his previous lives. Even if he did not mess up again in this lifetime, Andy would never forgive him.

“But we are soul mates…”Choong Jae muttered. He felt pathetic. Both of them knew clearly it was exactly because they were soul mates that Andy had suffered so much in his previous lives.

“Please stop this.” Andy said firmly. Then he heaved a sigh. “Choong Jae, I am straight. I can’t accept a guy.”

Choong Jae laughed bitterly. Choong Jae’s ual orientation was not straight. Neither was it homoual or biual. He was never attracted to any male or female, or any other human beings for that matter. All his life was only about the one person in front of him. He did not think there was a term for it. Wait… there was – Soulmate.

Choong Jae heard sound from outside the room and the door swung opened. Minwoo’s and Hyesung’s conversation stopped abruptly when they saw the two maknaes. Choong Jae knew how it looked like. It looked like they had fought.

“What happened?” Minwoo strode towards Andy and held his arm while Hyesung went over to help Choong Jae up.

“Minwoo hyung, Andy was tidying the room. I was fooling around and tripped accidently.” Choong Jae answered. Minwoo narrowed his eyes at Choong Jae.

“You should stop fooling around so much and help Andy with the packing!” Hyesung said quickly, ruffling Choong Jae’s hair. Choong Jae lifted the corner of his lips and the atmosphere lightened a little.

“I’ll go and help Eric hyung with his unpacking.” Andy said and advanced to the door. But before he stepped out, he turned over, “Choong Jae, I’ve seen how your room was before. Make sure you tidy this place up or I will not sleep in here.”

Choong Jae sensed the lightness in Andy’s tone and saw a glimpse of hope in what he thought was loss. His heavy heart lifted a little. Even if Andy had said he can never accept him (which Choong Jae was determined to prove Andy wrong), this was a big leap in their relationship.

“Roger sir!” He shouted back as Andy had already exited the room. He could sense that his soul mate was smiling. He ignored his two hyung who were dumbfounded and started cleaning up immediately.

“What did he mean by he had seen Jinnie’s room? That was my room too!” Minwoo asked, slightly offended.

Hyesung smirked and push the side of Minwoo’s head lightly, “Just admit you are messy too. I am always amazed how both of you could actually fall asleep in that room every night.”

It did not take Choong Jae and Minwoo long to tidy the room. They were resting in a corner, feeling proud of themselves when Andy returned. Choong Jae was surprised when his soul mate sighed and went around the room, turning everything Choong Jae thought was already acceptable sparkling and orderly. His soul mate was a neat freak! Even more so than the naggy Hyesung who was being chased out of the room by Minwoo earlier (luckily Andy did not order them around like Hyesung did).

Choong Jae had initially planned to sit beside Minwoo and gave his eyes a treat by watching Andy. However, when Eric came in to help Andy, Choong Jae immediately sprang up and joined them. If he wanted to change Andy’s mind, he had to at least match up to the hyung whom Andy loved so much.

The members bunked into their room that night. They goofed around, played games and stacked on top of each other until one by one they fell asleep. But Choong Jae could not sleep. His mind had not quite settled down. He smiled watching his sleeping soul mate, but the smile disappeared as soon as his gaze landed on Eric’s hand which was around Andy.

Choong Jae loved Eric; and he knew his jealousy towards the leader was irrational. Andy had said he would never accept a guy. And it definitely was not that kind of relationship between the two. But love tended to make people lose all their senses.

“Yah! What have you done to our Jinnie you naughty bumble bee.”

Choong Jae startled at the voice. He turned and saw Eric behind him. Choong Jae’s cheeks flushed up. He had not noticed the leader waking up. The leader had witnessed him beating up his bumble bee doll which he was actually imagining it as both himself and Eric while delivering the blows. It was a good thing the room was still dark and the leader had not detected his red cheeks.

Eric kneeled down, took the bumble bee doll from Choong Jae and started lecturing it. After a long lecture, he returned Choong Jae the doll with a grin. “Jinnie-ah, bumble bee promised he will not do it again. Go back to sleep okay? It’s only 4 in the morning” He ruffled Choong Jae’s hair and went into the washroom.

Choong Jae stared at the door that closed after Eric. He then turned his head to the spot where Eric had slept in earlier. Hell, this was his room! He got to choose where he wanted to sleep! He crawled quietly towards his soul mate and let his arms go around Andy like how Eric did earlier.

“Goodnight Andy.” Choong Jae whispered to the already sleeping boy before closing his eyes.

Bumble bee bumble bee bumble bee! xD (Link)

And the 1998 Open house (I see another room arrangement in another dorm that I could play with xD Still Jinnie and Andy. Makes you wonder why they were awkward with each other when they were always roomies)