Part 3 - Eric's POV

Soulmate

Don't worry, I am not starting the story from start to end with a third POV. Lol (I will need 10 years to complete the story if I do that). This is the Transition Chapter from Part 2 of the story to Part 3. This might be the only time you looked into Eric's mind in this story. I'm going back to Junjin's/Andy's POV format after this!! Anyway, I can tell you, all of Eric's appearances and all the little things he said and did since chapter 1 are planned with a purposedm ;)

Eric’s heartbeat thumped harder and faster every second since Minwoo explained the game. He watched with much apprehension the card being passed mouth to mouth from Minwoo to Dongwan to Junjin, and finally, between Junjin and Andy. As he feared, the flow stopped at the two youngest members. He could not tell if Junjin was not letting go, or if Andy was the one not receiving the card on purpose. Or maybe it was a genuine failure that led to what he thought was a kiss? The maknae stopped when a laughing Dongwan smacked Junjin on the head.

Since Andy returned to the band, the tension between the two maknaes had disseminated until the other members failed to recall what they used to be liked. The kiss was easily passed off by the rest as a typical prank within Shinhwa, but not Eric. He knew Andy too well, and he had witnessed too much since Junjin joined the dorm.

Eric laughed with the rest, but his mind was ticking wildly. Junjin and Andy were playing with fire in front of the camera. Eric was sure there are fans out there with eagle’s eyes like him.

The band went for a second try in the game. Eric watched intently. He heaved a mental sigh as he reached a conclusion to his earlier doubt when the card reached Junjin and Andy again.

Sorry Hyesung, I have to protect them…

As Hyesung turned over, Eric leaned over and kissed the man through the card. He slid his hand up to hold Hyesung’s right shoulder, the action earning him a slap from Hyesung and wild cheers from his other friends.

Please let this kiss be the topic of the Shinhwa Changjo instead. Andy, Junjin, I can only do this much to protect the both of you……

 I hope you know what this scene is about. <Link here> if you wanna watch the video again.

P.S: I might re-write the entire Chapter.