Andy's POV 10

Soulmate

Happy Andy Day! I promise I will not torture readers on this special day! No Andy witnessing GC xD That is one angsty part removed! 

The bus made a turn and the scene was lost from Andy’s sight. The dread within the young man grew, and the only thing in his mind was getting back to the building and keeping Choong Jae away from the manager. But the bus moved further and further.

Andy alighted hurriedly at the next stop and sprinted to the building. His injured back kept begging him to stop, but the young man clenched his teeth and increased his speed.

“Do you know you aren’t the only one getting hurt by all these? The managers are doing that because they know it will hurt us. I am in pain too!” Choong Jae’s word abruptly flashed across his mind.

Sorry Choong Jae…he hadn’t known…he hadn’t known it was so agonising to witness your soul mate getting abuse. Just the thought of it was killing him now.

When Andy reached the foot of the building, there was no one left…

6 months later

Andy stood in front of the sink. His eyes were on a huge pile of dirty dishes waiting for him, but he wasn’t seeing them. He always gave his best at work, being immensely grateful to the pair of old couple for letting him help out in their small eatery. But his mind was distracted that day. It was Shinhwa’s fifth fan-meet. Once again, Andy’s mind wandered off to the recent broadcast he watched. His hyung had been leaving messages for him, and every of their message reached the deepest of his heart.

“Sunho-ah…” His male employer’s voice broke his reverie. He saw water flowing non-stop from the tap and quickly turned it off. He bowed and apologised to the older man. His employer looked at Andy before heaving a soft helpless sigh. There were several times Andy felt like they know who he was and his relation to Shinhwa. He was not certain, but he was grateful that they took him in. Since leaving Shinhwa, these were his happiest days, helping in the kitchen and learning how to cook Korean dishes. Andy was talented in cooking, but most of the food he prepared in America was western.

“Do you want to go home and rest?” His employer asked him.

“Miane ahjussi. I will work hard.” Andy quickly did a 90 degree bow again, feeling bad over what he had done. He felt his employer’s hand on his back reassuringly.

“Don’t push yourself too hard. Go back and rest.”

“Ahjussi…”

“Sunho-ah, if the rumours aren’t true, go back to them.” Andy widened his eyes. Then, he was sobbing in the old man’s embrace.

His employer’s words kept playing in his mind on his way back to the goshiwon - “They want you back.”

He remembered all the messages his hyung and Choong Jae left him in the broadcasts. And Choong Jae had told that he loves him. He had announced to the whole of Korea. The first time Andy heard it, his heart raced all the way to the moon and back; and he had forgotten how to breathe. But hadn’t he known all along, from the very day Choong Jae secluded himself in the room after the members laughed at Andy’s message for him?

Andy sat himself on the bed. It was permanent farewell when he left the training room that night, yet his heart still yearned for everyone - Eric hyung, Minwoo hyung, Dongwan hyung, Hyesung hyung and Choong Jae. He closed his eyes and imagined being on stage with them. It was both a happy and painful thought. A sudden ringing snapped Andy back to reality. Mr Lee Soo Man was calling him.

“Where are you?” Mr Lee asked sternly when Andy picked it up.

“I…I am at home.”

“Why are you at home?” Mr Lee sounded agitated. “You better hurry here.” He acted as if it was just Andy being late for a show. Andy clenched his fist tightly, knowing that he had promised Mr Lee he would return to SM Entertainment. But he had also promised Choong Jae…

The man gently shut his lids again. Maybe it was time for a proper closure.

Andy launched himself in front of the mirror, shaving his face and did some slight t of his hair making sure he was at least presentable as a normal person before stepping out.

Numerous thoughts formed in his mind on his way to the venue. His heartbeat was slow and weighty as his imagination unfolded a scene of seeing s again. “Were Eric hyung, Minwoo hyung and Hyesung hyung angry over how he left without a word? How was he going to explain to Dongwan hyung his behaviour on the last night he saw him? And Choong Jae…Was it a right decision to see him again? Or was Andy being selfish to return, even for a farewell?” The younger man swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. “How was he going to break the news to s, Mr Lee and the fans?”

Andy blinked several times when the cab stopped in front of his venue. He quickly dug his pocket, handed the loose change to the driver and alighted hastily. His heart constricted, and his limbs went weak as the notion of seeing s become more tangible with each step forward. He was tempted to turn around and leave several times, but he arduously continued his steps.

“Andy?” A familiar voice drifted into his ears when he made a turned at the corridor.  Another acquainted exclamation of his name followed immediately after. It was Minwoo hyung and Hyesung hyung. Andy raised his head, and saw a third man, mouth wide open, gaping at him. The man had forgotten about his drink which was still dispensing at the vending machine.

“An…Andy.” Eric rushed over and wrapped his arms around his maknae.  The familiar lips landed on Andy’s cheeks.

“Hy…hyung.”Andy managed weakly as tears fell. He suddenly realised just how much he missed the leader and his other members. Eric released Andy from the hug but his hands continued holding onto Andy as he studied the face. A tender smile appeared as he gently wiped away Andy’s tears with his thumb. “My pabo-ah.” He said softly before pulling Andy in for another hug and kissing him on the forehead.

Hyesung ran back excitedly to make the announcement while Eric and Minwoo escorted him to the backstage. Andy’s heart thumped nervously. Everyone seemed so exultant to see him; how was he going to break the news to them?

“Jin-ah, see who is here!” he heard Hyesung, and the mellow aura given off by the faithful soul enveloped his existence. Everyone one was crowding around him, but he turned to that enigmatic pull.

And a million spears went through his heart.

He shouldn’t have returned.

Andy knew very well the pain written on Choong Jae’s face was due to him. Agonisingly tearing his gaze away, he turned to the other four men around him. “Hyung…I should have done this months ago…”

“Don’t say it!” A high-pitch screeching from the chair accompanied the anxious and desperate command. Andy turned to Choong Jae again. “Don’t…”Choong Jae begged, moving towards him. But his weak stance did not allow him to take more than a step.

“Choong Jae…” Andy could feel his body trembling. His soul mate knew. “Jin…” He forced the painful name out. Choong Jae should fly. “I can’t come back to Shinhwa…”

A commotion followed Andy’s words. s swarmed to him, crying and pleading. He raised his head and looked at the only one who was not by his side. What he made out of the look on Choong Jae’s face through his vision blurred by the tears disintegrated his heart which was already in a million pieces.

“Andy…please stay.”

And his resolution broke. Andy could not stay strong anymore. The several reasons why he should not be back were lost to him. He wanted Choong Jae back in his life, so badly. Andy nodded, and the six men became a crying mess.

Everyone wanted to be by Andy’s side that night. But it was a hectic day and one by one, the members gave in to sleep until only Dongwan and Andy were left. The two carried the members back to their bed. Eric was the last one. Andy sat beside the sound asleep Eric while Dongwan went to wash up. He looked at his hyung fondly. The older man was drained; with how possessive he had been, fighting with the other members over Andy. Andy did not realise when Dongwan was done and was standing behind him until the older man touched his shoulder.

“Hyung…” He turned around.

“Andy-ya…”A million emotions swirled beneath the charming irises as Dongwan contemplated. Andy swallowed, knowing that the night he left was a burning question for the older man. But when the older man exhaled through his nose, Andy knew Dongwan had decided against asking. But he replaced the question with something Andy did not expect, “You do know without you there is no Shinhwa right?”

Andy looked at Dongwan, dumbfounded. But his hyung were so successful in that entire year!

As if knowing what was in his mind, Dongwan elaborated. “We tried very hard to fill your absence on broadcasts and events, but when we were off camera, the void was defending.”

“Hyung…” tears started welling up again.

“We were any band without you, but just not Shinhwa.” Dongwan said as his gaze went to the leader. A distinctive pain flashed across his irises. “Eric was trying very hard to hold onto a strong front for us, but he was broken inside. And Jin…” The tears that Dongwan had been holding back finally betrayed him. Andy plunged forward and hugged the older man.

“Jin…he lost himself while you were gone. We did not know what to do with him…He just dazed and cried everyday…” Dongwan sniffed, and Andy’s heart was suffering the worst he had ever experienced. “None of us say it out loud, but we all missed you. Shinhwa is six.”

“Hyung…I am sorry…” It was pain, and guilt. And realising how silly he had been. He belonged here, with Shinhwa. And Junjin can never fly without him…because Junjin meant to keep moving forward for him.

Andy’s gaze landed on Choong Jae when he was back in his room. If that unknown force was trying so hard to get them together, why did he try to shun away? Why did he not just accept and embrace their fate? Maybe being the same gender does not mean a thing for soulmates? Andy heaved a sigh. He would not blame Choong Jae for it.

He frowned when he realised how Dongwan and he had placed the two sleeping men. His soul mate was in the corner nearer to the window and Minwoo was by his side. There was no space for Andy beside Choong Jae.

Andy tiptoed into the tiny space between the cupboard and the two member’s heads. He wanted a closer look at his soul mate before sleeping at the other side of Minwoo. His eyes were gentle as he brushed Choong Jae’s hair away from his face. Choong Jae looked so peaceful. If only this peacefulness can continue when Choong Jae is awake…

Slowly and very gently, Andy leaned down and planted a soft, mellow kiss on Choong Jae’s lips.

Ok, I almost died with Chapter 10 xD

The kiss!!! It happened! 

And some clue about the very mystery at the start drop in this Chapter. If you are sharp enough to notice and not distracted by that kiss xD

P.S: I am sorry if it is a crappy chapter. i really never checked for this =X