Andy POV 14

Soulmate

Maybe I should do like my other story and not proof read this so I can deliver faster. Forgive me for anything in this Chapter because I did just that. Moving on to Part 3 after this!!! Like finally...lol!

The hours ticked by. Andy sat beside Choong Jae’s unconscious body as visitors came and go. All this while, his eyes never wavered from his soul mate’s face. His uncanny silence undoubtedly worried the four older men in the band, but Andy was numb of his surroundings. The pain in his heart was liked waves and waves of tsunami crashing onto him. Despite this torment, Andy desperately tried to search for the invisible cord that linked his heart and soul to Choong Jae. He found nothing.

“Your wish came true,” The man said softly. He was telling his past life, the lady that suffered inconceivable pain because of her own husband. But her pain was little compared to what Andy was going through now. A portion of his soul was vehemently torn away, a part which was with him since the beginning of time. “He is no longer your soul mate. The bond is severed,” Andy said in a daze, his fist clenched in a fail attempt to lessen the pain in his chest.

The man had no more tears to shed. He was now only an empty shell.

“Andy…” Eric’s voice drifted into his ears. The sound was filled with several emotions concealed under a placid frontage. Since visiting hours had ended, the two members were the only ones left in Choong Jae’s ward.

Andy refused to shift his gaze from Choong Jae’s face to Eric. He wanted to treasure every seconds he can still look at the owner of that soul. This might be the last time in these thousands of years where he can still do that. If he sees Choong Jae again in their next life, they might never recognise each other’s soul.

“There was once Jin and I shouted for you like two mad men on the street -” Eric continued.

Andy knew the exact day Eric was talking about. If he hadn’t hurt his back on that day, he might be able to replace Choong Jae in demonstrating the tumbling to their song. If he did, Choong Jae would not be lying unconscious in the hospital, waiting for the doctor to pronounce him dead. If they had embraced their soulmate fate and accepted each other before one of them leave the surface of Earth, their soul would still be linked. The tsunami wave of pain continued to torment Andy.

 “- Were you somewhere near us, witnessing?” Eric probed.

There is no point answering Eric now, since the bond that caused the episode had already vanished. Andy remained silent, wishing that he could summon even one drop of tears to make himself feel better.

“You were really there…” Eric whispered unbelievingly as he studied Andy.

“Hyung...” Andy’s eyes remained on Choong Jae while he spoke to Eric. “I want to die…but I cannot.” He paused shortly to force down the lump formed in his throat, “I need to live for as long as I can because my life is the only evidence of this. If I die, there will be no traces left. Everything…gone…” What he said was senseless to anyone ignorant about the existence of soulmate, but it is his only desire now - to languish his remaining time; to writhe in pain every day for as long as he can, because the last trace of his soul mate bond with Choong Jae will vanish from the surface of Earth when he dies. There will be no hint that this bond ever existed. There will be no one to know or remember.

Even if his soul can only languish in agony, Andy will live for as long as he can.

His vision slowly darkened and Andy lost his consciousness.

***

Andy jolted up, terrified at the lost time he should be beside Choong Jae.

How long had he been unconscious? Was Choong Jae still in the hospital or…

Andy hurriedly flipped open the blanket covering him and ran out. He bumped straight into Minwoo. The older one held Andy’s shoulders with both his hands to stop his rush.

“Andy-yah, you are awake.”

Andy raised his eyes to Minwoo incredulously. He had to get to Choong Jae. He cannot afford to waste any seconds. But the older man easily overcame him in his weaken state. Minwoo pushed Andy back into the room and forced him to rest on the bed, making Andy more panicky than he already was.

“Junjin is alright,” Minwoo said firmly to calm the irrational maknae fighting him so he could get to the hospital. “He has already woken up.” Andy stopped his struggling. He stared at Minwoo as if the man had spoken in some alien language.

“Visiting hours is over. You can’t see him even if you rush to the hospital now so please take care of yourself. Don’t worry about Jin, Eric is staying over for the night.” Minwoo pressed Andy’s shoulder down, making him lie on the bed. Andy remained gaping at the man. After finally deciphering the meaning of the words that came out of Minwoo’s mouth, the young man shut his eyes to concentrate searching in his heart for his connection with Choong Jae. Sure enough, the bond which had thinned into almost nothingness when he was at the hospital before fainting was stronger than before. At last, a drop of tears formed at the corner of his eye and rolled down his face.

Choong Jae is not dying. His soul mate is alive.

Andy did not sleep well that night. He kept waking up in the middle of the night to check on the bond that linked his many lifetimes to Choong Jae. Regardless of his lack of rest, the anticipation of seeing his soul mate fuelled the young man with energy. Andy was the first to be prepared himself for the visit to the hospital the next day.

“Wow, you have actually taken time to dress yourself!” The tired Hyesung awed when he bumped into Andy at the entrance of the washroom. Andy beamed at Hyesung as he exclaimed, “I’ll go and wake the rest up!”

He wanted to celebrate the occasion. He wanted to present his best self to Choong Jae. But maybe it was his karma. Every time his heart was lifted, it will be shoved right back down.

Choong Jae bawled and kept calling his name when Andy stepped into the ward. The embarrassed young man quickly made his way to beside Choong Jae and wrapped his arms around the patient.

“Pabo-ah!” Andy called lovingly.

“I thought you will never come…” Choong Jae muttered. But it was because Andy was unconscious himself, he was not beside Choong Jae when the man woke up the day before.

“How can you think that way? I will NEVER EVER leave you again.” Andy hugged his love tightly while he reproached the man. Part of him was guilty for being unconscious, but it wasn’t important this instant. Now he only thank god for this miracle, for not taking Choong Jae from him, for saving the connection between the soulmates.

“Because we are best friends forever right?”

Andy’s heart froze.

Best friends…he did that to Choong Jae years ago, acknowledging him only as his best friend. But after going through almost a year of separation and a life and death situation, Choong Jae could still stick to this façade?

“Yes…” Andy replied, “Because we are best friends -” His heart was bleeding as he said. “- Always.”

The young man excused himself for a smoke break, at the same time tend to his injured heart. But his wound was pierced further when he returned.

“Hyung, is Andy’s mum hospitalised again?” Andy heard Choong Jae asking when he reached outside the ward. The young man stood silently opposite the door, listening.

“No. Why?” Eric replied.

“Nothing. When I was unconscious I got a glimpse of him by a hospital bed. I guessed I am too worry and getting visions.”

Was it so hard for Choong Jae to believe Andy’s concern for him? What kind of monster was he in Choong Jae’s mind?

Andy shut his eyes and let the tears flow silently.

And presenting to you my baby's song - Andy's "If you loved her, then let her go" <Link>

P.S: it is for the lyrics of the song =)

P.S.S: Memory refresher, Chapter 14 - Choong Jae thought Andy cared least about him in the band because Andy was the best groomed when they visited him but the fact is Andy was just excited to see Choong Jae. Also Chapter 14, Choong Jae got a glimpse of a broken Andy beside a hospital bed when he was unconcious, and since Andy wasn't around when he woke up, he thought something happened to his mother. But of course, it was just that Andy had lost his concious as well...

P.S.S.S: I need motivation for this fic. Although the story line is planned already, please feed me real life Jindy. Lol.