Andy's POV 6

Soulmate

I really meant for this to be the last Chapter of Andy's POV, but it got ridiculously long =X Sorry if you are looking forward to the agnst separation =X next chapter, I promise (it is already half done)

Andy walked Xiumin home before going back to the dorm. He smiled, ruminating about how much she looked like Choong Jae’s past life.

“Andy-ah!” Dongwan ambushed him the minute he stepped into the dorm. “I heard about your soul mate!”

Andy gaped at Dongwan, alarmed.

Did Choong Jae tell?

His eyes scanned the living room, his soul mate was not around.

“How was your date with her today?” Dongwan continued with a mischievous grin. It took Andy several moments to realise Dongwan was talking about Xiumin and not his real soul mate.

“Hyung, it wasn’t a date. Minwoo hyung and Hyesung hyung just left without saying goodbye! I didn’t want to be rude.”

“Yah! You ungrateful brat, you should thank us. It was written all over your face you are interested in her!” Minwoo let out a gleeful chuckle and threw a pillow at him. Andy caught it. Minwoo and Hyesung high five each other and laughed like maniacs.

Just what had Minwoo hyung and Hyesung hyung been telling the rest?

Andy felt anxiety taking over him as he suddenly realised why his soul mate was missing. He threw the pillow back onto the couch and strode back to his room. But he barely made it because Eric caught his wrist.

“Andy, I need to talk to you.”

Andy raised his head. Unlike the rest, Eric was not grinning. On the contrary, he had a serious expression giving Andy a foreboding feel. Andy narrowed his eyes.

What again now? Just how did everything turn so complicated? As if being soulmate with a man wasn’t already difficult for Andy?

He was not in a mood to entertain a stern Eric at the moment. He just wanted to make sure Choong Jae was okay.

“I need to talk to you.” Eric repeated when he saw that Andy had no intention of following him. He forcefully hauled Andy into his room.  Andy noticed that his other hyungs had gone quiet. It was unusual for Eric to be this stern. Eric made him sit onto the bed before locking the door. Andy disgruntledly rubbed his wrist which had the marks left by Eric’s grip.

“Do you really like her?” Eric interrogated.

“Hyung, what is this all about?” Andy looked at Eric incredulously. Eric was wasting precious time where Andy could check on Choong Jae just to ask him this? Hadn’t he already explained it was not a date?

“Minwoo and Hyesung will not make up such stories!”

“Hyung! What the hell are you trying to tell me?!” Andy raised his voice, truly irritated now. He had expected at least Eric to believe him. Since when had he lied to the older boy?

“I am saying there is someone else that loves you! Don’t do this and hurt everyone if you don’t love her!”

“Hyung!” Andy shouted, glaring at Eric. “I-DID-NOT-DO-ANYTHING! And even if I did, don’t you think you care too much? You aren’t even my parents.” He stood up and marched out of the room, trying to control the wetness that formed in his eyes. He knew his words were unfair but his ire and burning need to check on Choong Jae prevented him from turning back to apologise.

Andy opened the door to his own room. Choong Jae was lying on his mattress, hugging his bumble bee with his back facing the door.

“Jin-ah, are you asleep?” Andy asked gently. He wiped away the tears that had escaped with the back of his hand. This was the first time he had a blowup with Eric.

“Jin?”

Choong Jae did not reply, but Andy could tell he was not asleep. He sat down beside Choong Jae and placed his palm on Choong Jae’s shoulder, shaking him lightly. “Jin Jin Jin Jin Jin.” He chanted softly, hoping for a reply.

Choong Jae turned over, “Andy-ah, just go to sleep. I’m very tired.” Then, he turned back and buried his head into the pillow.

Andy let out a sigh. “Are you angry with me?”

“No.” Choong Jae’s voice was muffled by his pillow.

Andy shut his eyes and raised his hand, pinching the bridge of his nose. He disliked the way Choong Jae wore a smile on every occasion but was actually hiding all the burdens and unhappiness within him. He could not ignore that tint of sadness and panic in Choong Jae’s eyes no one else could see.

Junjin-ah, when will you truly open up?

(AN: Some hints to Junjin’s panic disorder.  Junjin had never shared his hardship even with the members. My poor baby just kept everything to himself.)

***

Andy was transparent to Eric the following day.  His favourite hyung had ignored him since morning. Andy pouted, eyes on Eric who chose to sit furthest from him that day. Andy knew he was overboard the day before. He turned to Minwoo when the older boy nudged him.

“Do you need us to clear?” Minwoo asked, nodding his head in the leader’s direction.

“Thank you hyung!” Andy whispered and gave Minwoo a hug out of appreciation. The older member helped him find an excuse and got everyone but Eric and Andy out of the dinning place.

Andy shifted to sit beside Eric. He gave his best puppy eyes look. “Hyung, stop ignoring me please.”

Eric turned his head away.

Andy heaved a sigh. “Hyung, I’m sorry. I was in a really bad mood yesterday.”

Eric turned to him, “You hurt me Andy. You really did.”

“Sorry hyung, I promise I will not say things like that again.” Andy hugged Eric and buried his head into the older boy’s chest like a little kid. He heard Eric sighed and felt his hyung patted the back of his head. Andy smiled, knowing Eric had forgiven him. “I know you dote on me most hyung. And you have always been there, not less than my parents.”

Eric exhaled. Andy suddenly recalled what Eric said yesterday. He sat upright, “Hyung, what do you meant by someone loves me?”

“Andy?”

Both Andy and Eric looked up at the person that interrupted them. It was Xiumin. Andy saw Eric shot him a questioning look.

“Hi Xiumin! What a coincidence!” Andy greeted unnaturally, his eyes darting from Xiumin to Eric, and from Eric back to Xiumin. “Erm… hyung, this is Xiumin. Xiumin, this is Eric hyung.”

Weeks later

“Andy, you have a call.” Choong Jae called; his voice hollow.

“Thanks Jin!” Andy smiled at him. Choong Jae did not smile back. He turned and walked away. Andy frowned, following behind Choong Jae into the living room. His soul mate went into the kitchen. Was Choong Jae shunning him? His soul mate had not spoken to him for days.

“Hello, Andy here.” Andy said as he picked up the cord phone.

“Andy-ah! It’s Xiumin.”

Andy smiled. They had become close friends. Xiumin was really a sweet and rather considerate girl. Andy grew fonder of her each day. It might also be because Xiumin reminded him of a blissful past.

“Is that Xiumin?” Hyesung asked when he saw Andy on the phone. Andy nodded.

“Date her already.” Hyesung mouthed to Andy. After Andy hung up, Hyesung went to his side.

“Andy-ah, why don’t you date Xiumin already?”

“Hyung, I…” Andy paused, astounded. He wanted to say it was not what Hyesung thought, but he realised it was. Since when had this feeling settled in him?! Was it because Choong Jae noticed so he had been avoiding Andy? “Hyung, I have another person that I like too.” Andy admitted.

Hyesung raised an eyebrow. “You do?”

Andy nodded. Not just like, in fact, he loved that person more than anything in the world. “Although I can never be with that person.” Andy said sadly.

“Andy-ah, why waste your time on someone you can’t be with and give up on the happiness that you can have? Xiumin is a nice girl.”

“But…but that will be unfair to Xiumin and that person. I can never put aside my feelings for Ju…for the person.”

“There is no such thing as fairness in relationship. Believe me, you might think you can never let go of the feeling but you will one day. Time can heal and change everything.” Hyesung hesitated, “are you certain you can never be with that other person?”

Andy nodded.

“Then just date Xiumin. I know you like her. And she is a nice person.”

Andy kept silent as he considered what Hyesung said. Hyesung gave him an encouraging smile. Will time really set him free of his feelings for Choong Jae? He did not think the soul mate law worked this way, but maybe that was the best way to keep Choong Jae in his life…

Hyesung had so unintentionally harmed his baby bird =O