Andy's POV 5

Soulmate

Phew...one more Chapter to go and I can go back to my main story! Yay!

Honestly I dislike writing Andy's POV because many times I am limited by Jinnie's POV. But at least this chapter is slightly different (I covered the time period Andy was friendly to Jinnie in only one paragraph the other time) so i enjoyed it.

The members waited anxiously for the arrival of their two oldest members. Their manager paced around, a sullen expression painted on his face. Andy brashly raised his head, glancing at the clock; Eric and Minwoo were about five minutes late. He gulped and quickly lowered his head again when he realized the hawk-liked eyes of the manager had fixed on him.

The months following Shinhwa’s debut were grueling since their first album did not do well. The managers’ attitude had exacerbated and Andy was always being punished, be it his or not his fault. It was the managers’ way to guilt tripped and chastised the other members.

After what felt like forever (which probably was just another few seconds), the members finally heard running steps. The door flung open, revealing the out of breath Eric and Minwoo. Andy noted the scrapes on Minwoo’s knees and elbows.

The managers deliberately turned to face the two late members. “Do you know what time practice starts?” He asked menacingly.

“We’re sorry. I met with a little accident on the way over.” Minwoo hurriedly apologized.

“Accident? Don’t you know you are an entertainer? Do you know any scar can cause your whole career? Do you know how much the Company had invested in you? And this is the stupid kind of things that you do?” The manager boomed.

“We’re sorry. We’ll be more careful next time.” Eric apologized, both him and Minwoo lowering their heads.

“Next time? How much next time do you think you got? Do you assume the Company will support you bunch of rubbish forever with your kind of attitude?” The manager suddenly whipped around and Andy felt a sudden searing pain on his right cheek. The managers had slapped him. Andy stood there, not daring to move or protest, fearing that worse might come.

“Andy!” Choong Jae and Eric cried out, but Dongwan and Minwoo quickly held the two worried members’ hands, cueing them not to react.

The manager sniggered, “Since all of you are not serious about this, why are we wasting time here?” He turned to Eric, “Since you can’t keep your members safe and healthy, maybe I should help you learn.”

Everything that happened after that was blurred and confusing. Andy collided into the wall and a fist came in contact with his stomach. The pain made him bent forward. Another blow immediately landed on his back, making him fell to the ground. A wave of pain and giddiness overwhelmed him. The members begging and crying drifted into his ears. Eric’s voice was hysterical.

Andy hurriedly prepared himself mentally for the next blow, but it never came. He raised his eyes timidly without lifting his head. Choong Jae was holding onto the manager’s hand. All the members were kneeling down with Choong Jae and everyone had tears in their eyes (Eric’s face was tear-stained). The manager yanked his arms away and kicked Choong Jae in the side. Choong Jae bit down onto his lips but remained in position.

The manager sneered, “I don’t want anyone marching in late again. For every second each of you are late, I’ll slap him one time.” He said, emphasizing every single word in his last sentence while pointing at Andy. He turned to Eric, “Do you understand?”

“Yes…” Eric answered weakly.

“I can’t hear you. Louder!”

“Yes!” Eric shouted.

“Good. Now all of you get back to practice!”

Back in the dorm that night, Eric and Andy sat side by side in Andy’s room, their fingers entwined. They had left the light off.

“I’m sorry Andy…” Eric said suddenly. Andy felt a pang in his heart. He knew how much Eric hated such atmosphere. The leader was still blaming himself for what happened in the morning.

“Hyung, it wasn’t you fault.” Andy tightened his gripped on Eric’s hand.

Eric lowered his head and let out a melancholic sigh. “I promise your parents, yet I…” He choked on his voice, unable to continue.

“It wasn’t anybody’s fault. Minwoo hyung was hurt, you can’t leave him alone!” Andy tried reasoning to Eric.

The atmosphere changed abruptly when someone suddenly switched on the light. Andy raised his head. Choong Jae was standing by the door, his expression hinting he was mad about something, or with someone.

“Hyung, can you try to put in more effort and stop enraging the managers?” Choong Jae said tersely. Eric lowered his head further and Andy’s heart ached for his hyung.

“Jin, stop it.” He said.

“Do you know you aren’t the only one getting hurt by all these? The managers are doing that because they know it will hurt us. I am in pain too!” Choong Jae yelled at Andy, tears apparent in his eyes. It was like an invisible blow that hit Andy in the guts. It hurt more than everything the manager had did to him. Choong Jae glared at Andy, then his gaze dropped to Eric’s and Andy’s intertwined fingers. He turned around and marched out of the room, slamming the door shut.

“Jin-ah!” Andy struggled to get up, wanting to go after his soul mate. Eric stopped him.

“I’ll talk to him. His issue is with me.” Andy raised his eyes and meet Eric’s. Then he nodded. Eric stood up and exited the room.

When the door shut, Andy crawled nearer to it, trying to eavesdrop on the conversation between Eric and Choong Jae. He thought he might need to interfere somewhere, but the conversation did not go the way he expected it to.

“Sorry hyung, I am not myself anymore. I…I can’t take it anymore; how the managers are treating Andy. I feel I might just snap anytime. Why can’t it be me instead?” There was a period of silence. Eric must be comforting Choong Jae, maybe hugging him even.

“Hyung, Shinhwa cannot be disbanded. I…I can’t…” Choong Jae’s sob became louder. Andy’s tears that formed without his realization rolled down his cheeks. He crawled back into his bed and buried his head into Choong Jae’s bumble bee doll.

Andy did not know how much time had passed when Choong Jae returned to the room. He wanted to sit up and speak to Choong Jae, to lift his spirit and make his soul mate feel better, but he was too exhausted to do so. Andy felt Choong Jae coming to his side. The boy must be planning to sleep beside him again. Not that Andy mind. But he had not expected what Choong Jae did next. His soul mate kissed him (on the cheek)! Andy held his breath. They should not cross the friendship line!

“Andy-ah, sorry for shouting at Eric hyung. Please be strong and stay safe. Because you are more important to me than myself.” Choong Jae said quietly before he lied down and hugged Andy like a bolster, not aware that Andy was actually awake.

Jin-ah…Eric hyung is someone very important. But you are the most important person in my life; my best friend. Andy thought.  He knew he was lying about the best friend part. But that was the only status he could give Choong Jae.

Andy knew Choong Jae was working hard because of him. Choong Jae had been giving his all for Shinhwa. He accompanied Eric to meet up with song writers after practices, helped Minwoo with the band’s choreography, coached Dongwan and Hyesung on their dancing during break time. Choong Jae feared disbandment meant losing Andy forever.

Pabo…Andy thought. Even if you chase me out of your life now, I would not know how to live without you.

But he appreciated everything Choong Jae had done.

Their hard work did not fail them. Their 2nd album was a hit and the managers had granted them a one day break. Andy was disappointed Choong Jae could not celebrate with them. His soul mate was going back home to see his family. Despite his disappointment, Andy was pleased that Choong Jae was more responsible in this life time. If only he was like this in their previous life…Andy shook his head trying to get the thought out of his mind.

“Andy-ah, we’re leaving now!” Hyesung called out to him. Andy replied and went out of his room promptly.

“Are we not waiting for Eric hyung?” He asked puzzled.

“Yah, stop it about Eric. I’m getting jealous here.” Minwoo said annoyed as he dragged Andy into his arms and gave the maknae a possessive bear hug.

Hyesung chuckled and ruffled Andy’s hair. “He wants to catch a show. There’s no way I am wasting a rest day to stay at home and watch a stupid show.”

“Let’s go Andy-ah.” Minwoo said and dragged him out of the door.

At the food stall, the three members were having a toast when a passing by girl captured Andy’s attention. Andy watched as she walked nearer. And then it hit him why she captured his attention. She looked like…one of Choong Jae’s past life!

“I know her. She lives nearby. Pretty right?” Minwoo asked.

“Of course.” Andy smiled, reminiscing about that life time spent with Choong Jae. It was one of the blissful ones. Unknowingly, Minwoo had invited her to join their table.

“Andy, Hyesung, meet Xiumin. She’s living a block away from us.” Andy nodded and smiled shyly. “Xiumin, this is Andy, our cutest member.” Minwoo gestured towards Andy with a sly smile. “This is Hyesung.” He continued.  (AN: According to forum her name is Xiumin so I am using that. Lazy to dig further. Sorry if it is wrong).

When Xiumin excused herself to the toilet, Minwoo asked Andy, “Do you like her?”

“Huh?” Andy raised his head, perplexed.

“We are living together for so long; you can’t hide anything from me Andy-ah.” Minwoo smirked.

“Yah! Andy just admits it already. You were ogling at her when she just came!” Hyesung commented.

“I…I don’t…”

Minwoo interjected Andy, “Hyesungie, let’s go home. Eric must be bored by now.”

“Okay!” Hyesung answered and the two older members stood up, preparing to leave.

“Wah! Hyung, we can’t just disappear without telling her.”

“Who said it’s we? You are staying Andy-ah.” Minwoo replied as he made his exit with Hyesung, leaving Andy alone with Choong Jae’s past live looked alike.

I know I could have elaborated more and split the two years into two chapters, but I am rushing to end Andy's POV. I only planned for four chapters initially. Sorry for any obvious mistakes or parts that do not make sense. I'll proof read next time.

 

P.S: Andy's FM today. We'll be behind you supporting  you 4ever Andy Oppa!