Andy's POV 3

Soulmate

Back! xD Updating this on my birthday! Wasn't planned but yeah, just completed this chapter. Will proof-read tomorrow.

Weeks had passed and Andy still could not speak to Choong Jae or face him normally. The only time he would approach the older boy was when his hyungs made him pass messages to Choong Jae. Even then, Andy could only jabber and escape earliest possible to calm his heartbeat which always went out of control when his eyes met Choong Jae’s.

Their soulmates relationship finally came to a turning point when Dongwan came up with the idea of having every member to write a message for all other members. Unfortunately, it was not for the better.

Andy furrowed his brows; eyeing the little black booklet Dongwan passed to him, as if the book was a venomous snake. His true fear turned into reality when Choong Jae said, “Andy, I’ll write yours first.”

Andy raised his eyes to meet Choong Jae. His soul mate flashed a smile that made his heartbeat went crazy.

Andy wondered, did Choong Jae remember everything like him? If Andy’s suspicion was correct, he would have known even before meeting Andy. But did Andy really want to confirm that?

The answer was no...

Andy realized he was taking longer than what should be a normal reaction and he reluctantly handed his notebook over to Choong Jae.

Dongwan’s task for them was agonizing. Every time Andy lifted his pen, memories of his past lives flashed in his mind, summoning cold sweat on his forehead and back.

Andy snorted, laughing at the piteous state he was in. It was a mockery that Choong Jae’s stage name was Junjin. It was as if fate was telling him Choong Jae could move forward without any burden of the past, but not Andy. He was stuck where he was, unable to advance.

“Andy-ah, are you not sleeping yet?” Eric asked between yawns. The leader was already on his bed.

“Soon hyung. But don’t wait for me.” Andy answered.

“Okay. Don’t stay up too late.” Eric’s mumbled inarticulately. He let out another yawn and soon, only his deep peaceful breathing could be heard.

Andy bit his lips.

Since his soul mate was Junjin… Since both of them were males and cannot be together… Since he was not able to protect their child…

Andy lifted his pen.

“Like what Junjin suggests, I wish you will keep moving forward in life, find a great lady and be a great dad in the future!

– Andy”

He did not write that out of spite or anger. It was his sincere wish for Choong Jae. Since their fate was a humourless prank, Andy would rather Choong Jae fly on his own and leave him behind.

Reading Choong Jae’s message was equally hurting, if not more.

“Andy… I am sorry about all the things that had happened between us. But I want you to know that meeting you, being in the same band with you was the best thing that happened in my life. I know I should not have asked for more, but please give me a chance to be a hyung you can count on, a shoulder you can lean on. I promised you that I will not disappoint you again. I will work hard for the future and I will make everything right.

Andy-ah, do you know how happy I was when I first joined Shinhwa? Even though there was a little misunderstanding that day……”

Choong Jae’s message was a few pages long and filled with indications that confirmed Andy’s suspicion. And…Choong Jae only wanted to be his hyung (AN: If you remembered Jinnie’s version he avoided writing his feelings for Andy)…Andy read and re-read everything as tears rolled down his cheeks involuntarily. He could not accept the relationship even if Choong Jae wanted it, but that did not stop him from feeling the sting that Choong Jae felt the same.

******

The Shinhwa members, with the exception of Dongwan who went to his room, lazed on the couch after a full day practice. Andy took the seat beside Eric, at the far end of the couch.

Dongwan guffawed while returning to the living room. “What kind of message is this Andy?” he asked. The rest of the members leaped up and swarmed towards Dongwan, curious about what Andy had written.

Andy heard the members started laughing and commenting on the message, all except for Eric and Choong Jae. He could almost feel Eric’s gaze boring holes into the back of his head, trying to read his mind. He remained silent on the couch.

“Junjin-ah, what did you wrote for Andy?” Dongwan asked.

Andy felt a sharp pain in his chest. But before he had time to tend to his own feelings, Choong Jae’s action startled him. His soul mate stood up abruptly and strode to his room, bolting the door shut.

Was Choong Jae hurt? Was it because of Andy’s message? Did he…did he not want to abandon their fate like what Andy thought?

Andy remained on the couch while the rest of the members tried to coax Choong Jae out. He  realized how much he did not want to see Choong Jae hurt. Choong Jae did not open the door the entire night. Likewise, Andy could not sleep the entire night.

Choong Jae still refused to get out of his room the following day. Andy heaved a sigh and went into the kitchen as the other members try to coax Choong Jae once again. He started preparing breakfast for Choong Jae, afraid that the older boy could never prepare a decent meal for himself when he finally comes out. Hyesung entered the kitchen when Andy was laying the food on the table.

“He’s still not coming out.” Hyesung sighed.

“Hyung, why not we just let him rest for the day? I am going to change and prepare for practice, could you leave a message for Choong Jae telling him the milk is in the refrigerator and there’re ramyun in the cupboard in case he is still hungry?”

Hyesung nodded and Andy exited the kitchen quickly, fearing that Hyesung would realize and question why he could not write the message by himself.

******

Choong Jae’s change was worse than, and lasted longer than Andy had expected. He avoided Andy ever since the day he secluded himself. Andy felt empty and awful, but his consolation was Choong Jae’s unwavering gaze on him whenever his soul mate thought he was not looking. He was guilt-ridden. Deep down he had selfishly wanted Choong Jae’s love despite him not being able to embrace their fate.

Choong Jae’s avoidance of him had caused all members and not just Eric to realize that something was amiss with their relationship. Minwoo tried counseling him several times. The rest of the members would also casually try to probe what happened between them. Andy always skillfully escape answering, however, that had driven the two oldest members to decide on him and Choong Jae sharing room with Minwoo (so he could monitor them) when they were about to shift to a new dorm.

“Hyung… please!” Andy grabbed Eric’s arm. “Why can’t I continue sharing a room with you? Or even with Hyesung hyung or Dongwan hyung? Or just Minwoo hyung alone.”

Eric turned to face him. “I’ve told you, unless you give me an acceptable explanation about your relationship with Junjin, I will not change my mind.”

“But hyung…”

“No but. Either you help me to understand the reason, or you learn to live cordially with him.”

“Hyung!” Andy was frustrated. He knew from Eric’s gaze there were no room for negotiation. He pursed his lips and let go of Eric. “I don’t want to lie to you...and I really can’t tell you the truth.” He said quietly.

“And I only wanted to do what I think is best for you.” Eric replied.

Not caring anymore...I am adding Ricdy to the tag. xD

And Andy being the one that prepared Choong Jae's breakfast was not impromptu for this chapter, I already planned that when I was writing Chapter 5 xD

Also, Andy was just frightened that his soul mate was a male. I mean he was having a normal life for 17 years in the story, unlike Jinnie who practically live for Andy since the beginning. 

Another thing…why it was Minwoo and not Eric sharing room with Jindy? Because…it was the freaking real room arrangement of Shinhwa in 1998 =P And for story wise, my imagination told me that Eric and Minwoo thought that Andy would stick to Eric and their plan will not work out if Eric was the one sharing room with them.