First Step

Eye of the Wolf

A/N: First of all, I am deeply sorry for not updating. I thought I have posted it a few days earlier, but it turns out I didn't. I have been busy for the past few days, and I hope you understand. Thank you very much guys! XOXO~! Fighting!

Luhan’s P.o.V.

Before I even get to cast the spells that I have prepared, a strong gush of wind emerged out of nowhere. I raised my hand and prepared to take offense, but it swirled and swirled, forming loops in various directions, surrounding us. It formed hurricanes which outnumbered my fingers, and it slowly devoured everything in sight. Starting from the leaves of the trees, up to the controls whose tracks are eventually coming near us. All of us slowly paced backwards until our shoulders met the others. I clenched my  fists as all of us tried blocking it,

but failed.

 

 

 

I woke up with an astounding sound echoing around the place where I was in. I can hear the water’s surge and the hush of leaves. But what is more astonishing is…I can hear music. They were soft ones, like the ones you can hear from a violin. They were calm ones, like the ones you could hear when the water drips.

There, I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was not yet clarified, but I suppose stones were surrounding me. I blinked a few times as my sight came lucid. There, I saw light shining upon me from above. I started walking as my eyes lured around the small chamber. I suppose it was a cave, but judging by the sunlight that is flowing in my skin, I suppose this is a pit.

Clan.

I turned back, only to see no one. I was looking for twenty-nine figures, but I saw no one. I turned around again, only to see a man in white clothes. His complexion was somewhat good, and his posture is just fine. His frame was stout, perfect for a little mad scientist. His age, I think, ranges from fifteen to sixteen, just around ours. He looks plainly normal, but I find his clothes strange.

“I suppose you are looking for Tigris, Panthera, and Lupus.” Said he. I nodded in agreement as a smile formed upon his face.

“They are dining by the hall. I will be escorting you. We are not your enemies, trust me with that.” He said shortly as he pushed me towards a plain wall.

“Before we go, could I know where we are?” I asked as he nodded patiently.

“You are at Lamyeon.” He answered knowledgably as he pushed me towards the wall. My palms met it as a few gems attached in it unfastened. Slowly, the wall faded as it led me to a short corridor.

“My apologies, this pavement is very narrow. But don’t worry. This is the only pavement that measures a meter or less. The other ones are extremely large.” He said to me as I nodded and started walking. He stayed at my back, but his voice makes me feel that he is just beside me.

“So you came from Romiya, right? Tell me, how is it there? Is it good? Is it bad? How are the Romiyans? I heard they were using metals to fly people, and stones to exchange with parchments. I heard they were using those parchments for living too. They do various stuff with numbers and make laaaaaarge mechanisms. Curious, I am, really. I love the idea of Romiya. They make so many complications. It amazes me.” He narrated. I am starting to take a liking with this little man’s silliness and curiosity. I chuckled and nodded as I held the walls and guided myself onwards. I suppose he was talking about airplanes and gems which are exchanged with money.

I answered a few questions which made him more excited. He asked and asked as I patiently answered. He asked things about how the oceans are there, and how he is amazed with the aquariums which I told. Although I have not seen the villages of this world, I am curious too, since he is sharing the comparisons with me. There, another chamber opened as I heard a few clasps of metal and a few murmurs.

“Oh, I have not told you my name yet. I am Friwar. I suggest not to use a few syllables in my name. I insist that you pronounce it as a whole.” He said as I gently nodded. He pushed me softly as I saw various things: floating.

Friwar then raised his left hand to show me the way. A small tile different from the others was installed on the floor. He asked me to step on it, which I followed. There, I felt suddenly flying. The tile which I was settled in seemed to be a carpet from Aladdin. It went with me, but stopped abruptly. I looked around, only to see the small guardian smiling to me. He waved his hand as I looked down at him. He cheered me on as I nodded.

“Step a little forward, just in front of the tile. Don’t be afraid, you can do it.” He said as I stared downwards. Being a person afraid of heights, I am too afraid to make a move. See, I was in mid-air, and I suppose I would fall from here if I take a step. There were no tiles to support me, nor nets to catch me.

“Come on, it’s just…uh….what do you call it? I am terribly sorry, we have only captured a few words from your world and used it. What do you mean by transparent and cannot be seen?” He asked as I smiled.

“Invisible.” I answered as he nodded thankfully. Then, he took a few parchments out and scribbled a few things with his quill. He probably is listing the word.

“How do you spell it?” He asked as I muttered the letters that he needs.

“Don’t be afraid, the floor is just invisible.” He said as I gulped. I took a nervous step, and I made sure that half of my foot still is placed on the tile. I gently closed my eyes and curled my fists: gratefully, I did not fall. I felt an imaginary floor supporting me, much to my contentment. After doing so, I took a few steps more. I have just noticed that the things that I saw floating are now on my level. I got a better look at it, and they seemed arranged. A few frames were set and a few chairs were built. It looked like a floating room, or is it, really?

“O..oh, is that so? Amazing.” I heard. I turned around as I saw a large table. It was lit brightly with tall candles with stands sharing the same height as mine. The chairs and the table were finely made too, as far as I can see, since it was large and carved well (I cannot see the people sitting down clearly, since those really are large). They were in mid-air too, just by my level. The people were talking as I went near them.

“You are awake! Oh, your name is Luhan, am I right? Welcome.” A voice said. I saw a woman stand up by the chair as the people looked at me. Her skin was fair white, and she has a vivid smile. Her ears were sharp too, just like an elf’s. She was dressed like a greek goddess; a white dress that flowed until her feet, and sleeves that split up to her elbows. She was of beauty too, I admit.

“Luhan!” They shouted as a smile formed on my face.

Canis Lupus, Panthera, and Tigris.

I went near them as I bowed politely to the woman in front of me.

“Oh, so that is the way you greet people. Come, dine with us.” She said as I nodded. She took a seat out and placed it near Jjeolbae.

“My name is Amanda, and I am one of the tree’s guardians. I do not know how you were sent here, but I have decided to share the history of the clans…until the things that had happened to all of you in Romiya.”