Reveal

Eye of the Wolf

Jjeolbae's P.o.V.

 

Tea was served as we received it with queer looks.

"It helps you ease the stress and nervousness. Drink up." U-Kwon suggested as all of us nodded. We have not quite captured the earlier scenes, but judging by our acts, I have  the knowledge that anxiety develops in each of us.

“We’re here again with problems. Back to the square one, I suppose.” Said Kai as all of us agreed.

“We made this hall an evacuation center. I’m sorry for bothering you.” Suga said apologetically.

“No, it’s alright.” U-Kwon denied and smiled at him.

“This does seem an evacuation center.  If we add it up, Tigris numbering seven, Panthera numbering six, and Canis numbering seventeen, thirty people are in here.” Luhan said as all of us nodded.

“We’re sorry for the bother.” All of us apologized as U-Kwon denied.

“It’s alright, really. My house is fit for all of you.”

“Yeah, your house really is large, I must say.” I remarked with my eyes drifting around the house. It was colored black and white, and somehow modern.

We have started a conversation different from the situation now. We have been attempting to escape from the reality now—which seemed a fantasy. We talked like the normal teens we should be, it is just like the tales that came to life, making us beg for the reality instead.

Slams were heard from the outside. I paced and waved the curtains to the side, helping myself to take a better view.

I was shocked to see the people banging their hands on the fences, but was hindered by the spells casted by Panthera. Each slam they make shows that a border has been built between the two worlds.

Their eyes looked plain, and soulless, they seemed out of control, and out of their own minds. I suppose they can sense us, but they cannot tell where we exactly are. I remember when Taehyung was nearly captured, the man clinging onto him made a false hit at first, before capturing his arm.

“I suppose the signals have not been jammed, right?” Asked Daehyun as all of us nodded.

“They cause no harm, only to the normal-thinking people.”  I explained as Daehyun asked something from U-Kwon. He pointed to something as Daehyun trailed the line.

He led himself to a television and switched it on.

“DAEHYUN, IF YOU COULD HEAR AND SEE US, PLEASE, HELP US.” A voice said as the television’s screen turned off.

“Whoa, who was that?” J-Hope asked.

“Our..guardians.” Youngjae said and looked down.

“Female guardians?” They asked in disbelief.

“Yes. We are Tigris, of course, our women would be strong, for our clan represents wildness and bravery.” Himchan explained as all of us nodded in understanding.

“How did you know—“ Asked Chanyeol as he was cut.

“That they’re on the television?” Daehyun continued as he nodded.

“Our guardians camouflage as news reporters. Luckily, we have one clanmate that could drive things, but not physical ones. She could alter memories, and even refract and switch different kinds of signals and waves.” Himchan explained.

“Awesome.”

“But, if they’re gaining help from us, probably, they’re in danger now.” Jongup deduced.

“I cannot help in doing Telekinesis. My power cannot go further. ” Exclaimed Himchan.

“Don’t worry, I can.”  Luhan said and closed his eyes. As he opened his pair of orbs, white light gleamed from it as we stared in awe.

“How are you? This is Luhan from the Canis clan. We are with Panthera now.” Asked Luhan.

“We somehow hid in the basement. Their eyes. The whole cast, starting from the janitor up to director—they  are colored orange. They seemed out of their minds!” A voice shouted, echoing our ears, just like the speaker at the school.

“Can’t you bring your power up to full force?” I asked as a pause prevailed.

“I have heard…that the headmaster’s dead. I cannot bring myself to set my power in full; I had in my vow included that I should ask permission before doing so.” She explained.

“But is it also stated that if in some cases, you could do it?” I asked.

“Y..yes. But I have not heard of his will yet, nor do I know to whom the power was given.” The voice turned into a stern one.

“Do you have his will with you?” I asked the Panthera as they shook their heads.

I went back to face Luhan as I blinked. But after closing my eyes, I cannot open it anymore. My body froze as I saw veins, blue ones, form a passage. A light, a bright one came to the end, as I got a better sight of the scenario. A man, who has a symbol of a paw in his neck, sat down the chair and took his pen. I went near him, but he seemed not to notice me.

Panthera. You are probably reading this now, because I am already dead. I leave my will to no one, but all of you. You have been faithful not just to me, but to our clan, and to our blood. I now pronounce the freedom, your freedom to use your own abilities and enhance them without my consent. Use it well, and I know you will. And I leave my vow here, that if any of you turns to be a rebel, this letter will come back to you, and make your heart soft. I wish the best of you; saranghae, chinggu.

He closed it and placed the lid on the pen gently. He rolled it and tapped it with his finger; it disappeared—the paper disappeared, and was replaced with a necklace. It was made with brass, and a paw mark showed up in the middle of the circular pendant.

“Namjoon, you could now enter.” Said he as Namjoon appeared.

“Here, I brought you a necklace.”

“Headmaster…you don’t have to.” He said shyly as the, should I say, headmaster of his handed it to him.

“Do not lose it. Time will come and it will reveal its purpose. It is for you, and for your clanmates.”

The flash ended, as I woke up to my senses. I opened my eyes as I saw myself lying on a soft mattress, with people around me.

“Jjeolbae! Are you alright?” They asked as I nodded weakly.

“What happened?” I asked, I feel that I still am not that awake, but I forced myself to do so.

“You froze and fell.” Xiumin said as I nodded.

“Thank you for helping me…but Namjoon, your pendant.” I said as he looked at me curiously.

“What pendant? I have two with me.” He said and reached his pendants out. One was a horse, and one was a heart-shaped one: no tracks of the pendant I saw in my dreams.

“But…I saw it. Really.” I said.

“Did you not receive any pendant from your headmaster?” I asked as he shook his head. I just widened my eyes in disbelief.

“Nevermind me.” I said and stood up. I placed my hands in my pocket as I searched for Luhan; he still is communicating with the guardians of Panthera.

As I took a step, my hands dug deeper in my pocket, as I felt something in it. I recall not placing anything, but I shoved it and raised it up, shocked to see the pendant I had in my dreams.

It is a brass pendant, a circular one, with a paw in the middle. It was painted like bronze, but I have not failed to recognize its material, since I knew how to distinguish elements.

“Namjoon!” I shouted.

“What is it?”

“Here.” I said as I handed the necklace to him.

“It is for you, from the headmaster.” I said.

“How did you meet him?”

“I met him in my dreams, and that…remains a mystery. I myself do not know.  But I thought that time would come, and truth will reveal itself.” I said. He held it in his hands and closed his eyes. The brass turned into a letter, while the chain of the necklace became its binder.

He opened it and read it aloud, it is the same message that I had in my premonition, or so I think.

“Jjeolbae, do you already know what ability you have?” Zico asked as I shook my head.

“Should I have one?” I asked as he nodded.

I haven’t found one yet.” I said.

“I guess you already have.”